New Hope Painting Drywall & Remodeling LLC

Founded 2012 • With Angi since May 2015

We have over 12 years of experience, meeting all of your needs with 1 company! From painting and general construction, to recently expanded inside and outside cleaning services-- we will go beyond your expectations everytime! We are a 2018 Super Service Award winner and pride ourselves on the quality work we provide. Check out our "services offered" section below and give us a call to discuss your home project and cleaning needs today! ...

A Service Provider's profile image

+11 more images

interior painting (44)drywall (35)house painting (13)woodworking (11)tile installation (10)flooring (8)deck cleaning (5)hardwood floors (3)countertop installation (2)home remodeling (1)roofing (1)plumbers (7)

09/09/2022

Brady D.

We had a great experience with Ariel, until we didn't. He and his crew did a great job painting the interior of our home and installing a kitchen backsplash. However, parts of the job still remain unfinished (tile work in a bathroom, shelving in a closet). After we had paid in full for our contract, Ariel became nearly impossible to reach. Promised to come out multiple times but never showed up. Did not respond when asked to refund the amount for unfinished work. Honestly, when they showed up they did a fantastic job. But cannot recommend due to communication problems and failure to finish the job that was paid for.

Description of Work
Interior painting; tile work

Category countertops, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/01/2022

12/30/2021

Stephanie H.

New Hope Painting Drywall & Remodeling LLC completed a full master bathroom remodel in our home. They did an excellent job. The owner estimated costs for every step of the remodel: demo, drywall, plumbing, tiling, painting, etc., and the final results aligned very well with these estimates. We experienced issues with our existing pipes being very brittle due to the age of our home, and the owner arranged for exposed pipes for the tub and vanity to be replaced with Pex to ensure proper quality. The owner was extremely responsive to all questions and concerns, and he often visited the job site directly to be sure to give guidance to the crew. Everyone was incredibly pleasant to work with, took pride in their work, and cleaned up extremely. well. They made a challenging process as easy as possible. We look forward to working with them again in the future!

Description of Work
Master Bath Remodel

Category drywall, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/25/2021

Review for New Hope Painting Drywall & Remodeling LLC - 1405 Old Oxford Rd, Durham, NC - 39584318

08/13/2021

Kevin P.

Hired Ariel and New Hope to replace a front door, a new kitchen countertop/backsplash and a half-moon window. 2 of the three were completed well (although with substantial delays and little communication). They cracked off the window frame to see how to replace, left it off and broke the drywall surrounding it. This was March, 2021. Finally ordered the window in September and it was a full oval window, not even close to our existing window. They have apparently been disputing fault with the manufacturer, so we have been left hanging since September with little to no correspondence. We have left several messages and texts and NO REPLY. They are AWFUL at communicating status and you will be waiting and wondering when your remodel will be completed. AVOID.

Description of Work
half-moon window replacement

Category countertops, remodeling

Work Completed On 03/01/2021

Review for New Hope Painting Drywall & Remodeling LLC - 1405 Old Oxford Rd, Durham, NC - 39582982

08/09/2021

Kiran M.

Ariel from New hope paint & drywall and his team converted my unfinished attic to a movie theater room. Ariel's team did framing, insulation, drywall, paint, carpentry and did an excellent job. Through out the project Ariel took great care and has communicated well in advance if there were any delays. I also liked the immediate response if I had any questions. The estimate was very competitive and I highly recommend hiring New hope drywall and paint LLC for re-modeling or to complete unfinished areas. I won't hesitate hiring New hope for my future projects and they definitely deserve 5 stars :)

Description of Work
Attic finish

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 08/09/2021

05/19/2021

Evelyn C.

Accepted the job but after checking the job he never came on the scheduled appointment. Tried to contact him. at first he promised to come the next day but he still never come and no longer responding to my messages.

Description of Work
cleaning and cocking the windows

Category window cleaning

Work Completed On 05/14/2021

We apologize you got confused! But we never see the job We never give you and estimate, We only scheduled an appointment for the estimate We call the day of the appointment to confirm, the appointment She didn’t answer the phone, we left a voicemail, she returns The call 1/2 hour later, we trying to see again the job Later on the day, because she was selling the house, On the end of the day, we call again to confirm, she didn’t answer the phone, she return the call, later, We never agree on a price, we never agree on doing the job Because we never get to the house to do the estimate.

03/22/2021

Erin B.

I was trying to find someone to convert an oddly shaped room under the stairs in my house into a pantry. I requested a few quotes from different handymen with no response. When I contacted New Hope Painting, they were at my house and quoted me a price in a few days. We hired them and they were able to come do the job in less than 1.5 weeks. They did a great job and were very efficient. We love our new pantry!

Description of Work
New Pantry

Category remodeling, woodworking

Work Completed On 03/03/2021

Review for New Hope Painting Drywall & Remodeling LLC - 1405 Old Oxford Rd, Durham, NC - 39260824

03/11/2021

david K.

We discovered Mold in our Attic above my child's bedroom. I hired restorepro to remove the mold. They were great but they keep removal and rebuild separate. Got a quote from New Hope too. Ariel came out very quickly and gave us a quote within a short time. Restorepro took 10 days to get us a quote with a 12 ft hole to my attic. Not great. I chose New Hope and I am very glad. They did a perfect job with the drywall and fixed up our 1985 house. The painting was top notch and we had a little problem with our colors because he quoted a couple colors and we went into 5. There was a very reasonable up-charge and the whole thing was super smooth. Everybody took normal lunches and worked extra hours to get the job done. This was the complete opposite of the contractors we hired to paint the outside of our house. Wish I would have found New hope first. Covid talk: All employees wore masks. Look no further, hire Ariel, Alejandro, Yair & Sergio.

Description of Work
drywall and painting

Work Completed On 03/10/2021

Review for New Hope Painting Drywall & Remodeling LLC - 1405 Old Oxford Rd, Durham, NC - 39241480

03/08/2021

Ian P.

We hired these guys to replace our roof and change our porch roof from a flat to a peaked design. They did a great job. It didn't seem like they were rushing and the look turned out just the way we had hoped. They also painted our door, some new siding, and the soffits which turned out stellar. The overall look and quality has us very pleased. There are some comments about scheduling on here. Like any contractor, scheduling was a little sporadic. I have found that any contractor I hire strays from the schedule in unexpected ways. This was true of New Hope as well, but ultimately they pulled it all together in a very reasonable schedule. I will definitely be reaching out again as other projects come up.

Description of Work
Roof replacement and framing

Category electrician, gutter repair, roofing, house painters

Work Completed On 02/22/2021

Review for New Hope Painting Drywall & Remodeling LLC - 1405 Old Oxford Rd, Durham, NC - 39238032

02/27/2021

Stephen S.

New Hope did a great job when all was finished. Communication was a little struggle as most of the workers spoke little English. They seemed to rush the finished paint job but in the end they stood by there work and fixed any spots that needed attention. The finished project looks great.

Description of Work
Drywall install and painting

Work Completed On 02/27/2021

11/27/2020

Elizabeth S.

It went great. They were prompt, good communicators and did great work. It was really big space and they did a great job.

Description of Work
Replace and paint kitchen ceiling and paint kitchen walls.

Work Completed On 11/24/2020

10/21/2020

James L.

I used New Hope Painting, Drywall, & Remodeling to perform some extensive drywall repair and painting work within my home. It involved repair of cracks, bulging drywall seams, and extensive imperfections in both ceilings and walls, along with painting of the areas. I worked with Ariel Motino to obtain a quote prior to committing to the work. Ariel was very knowledgeable and pleasant to work with, and he was able to provide me a quote for the work (which I felt to be fair) within 24 hours of an initial visit to my home. While New Hope had a number of jobs ongoing, Ariel was able to provide a pretty exact date by which they would be able to begin the work. The work began on a Monday and took approximately one week to complete (including a final walk through and touch up at the end). I was not quite sure what to expect for the quality of repair of the drywall, but the end product exceeded my expectations. The crew was able to basically fix any imperfection I pointed out, and Ariel and his crew even identified a few spots to fix that I had not pointed out (still within the quoted price). The quality of the work was top notch, from the repair work to the cleanness and precision of the painting. The areas that had previously been eyesores to me now look like the walls of a new home. I would highly recommend New Hope Painting for the consideration of others, and I will most definitely keep them in mind for future work. As a matter of fact, I have already engaged Ariel to quote some additional work on the outside of my home.

Description of Work
Drywall repair and painting

Work Completed On 10/12/2020

Thank you! for you Business and your feedback, For choice us for you projects, we look forward to serving you in future projects. Thank you....

10/16/2020

Steven B.

This was our second time using New Hope for drywall work. We were incredibly pleased with the quality of work by the entire team. I will certainly use them again. Specifically, the team installed framing along a cinder block wall in our basement, then installed and finished drywall on that wall and the ceiling. Additionally, they patched several large drywall holes elsewhere in the room. We were very pleased with the finished project. Their attention to detail was far superior to other contractors we've dealt with in the past.

Description of Work
Frame wall, install drywall on wall and ceiling, patch drywall

Category drywall, remodeling

Work Completed On 10/16/2020

10/16/2020

Jim C.

Ariel and his crew from New Hope Painting did a great job for us. They did extensive drywall repairs all over our 35 year old house. They found cracks and flaws that I had never noticed and left them smooth with sharp right angles where the walls meet the ceiling. They spent 3 days prepping every room in the house with painters tape, kraft paper and plastic sheeting. Workers were friendly and helpful. On the last day the painters inspected every room, then I inspected every room, and they cleaned up the tiniest flaws. Then Ariel came and did HIS inspection and found a few more flaws. I'm happy to recommend them.

Description of Work
Drywall repair and whole house painting

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

09/04/2020

J D.

The quality of work was exceptional. The crew clearly had pride in their work and the results showed that their attention to detail was important. Beautiful job.

Description of Work
Popcorn ceiling removed, crack repair, and painting

Category drywall, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/04/2020

Review for New Hope Painting Drywall & Remodeling LLC - 1405 Old Oxford Rd, Durham, NC - 38865309

08/31/2020

Amy C.

The work crew never showed up and never contacted me.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Category woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/31/2020

we email the customer the day of the service, letting her know that the guys will be arriving early afternoon, the guys have some delays, that day, same day in the afternoon we received an email from the customer cancelling the service, we reply back to the customer explaining and apologize for the inconvenience, we value every customer and every job.

08/20/2020

Michelle H.

This company was great to work with. They were patient while we shopped around for estimates and in the end could not be beaten even by the big companies. The work team was very professional and answered all of my questions about our new flooring.

Description of Work
Ceramic Tile

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 09/02/2020

07/23/2020

jennifer T.

Ariel and his crew were fast and responsive. The quality of their work is excellent and reasonably priced. We will definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Popcorn ceiling removal, leak/drywall repair in master bedroom and front window, carpet replacement

Category carpet installation, drywall, remodeling, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/23/2020

07/20/2020

David B.

They made an appointment but never showed up and never called to say they could not come. Communication beforehand was pretty unresponsive; I had to ask multiple times to get a response.

Description of Work
regrout a shower

Category ceramic tile, woodworking

Work Completed On 07/20/2020

every time we have communicate with the customer we did it on angie's list app we been having problems with the app we never spoke on the phone, we miss the last message from the customer with the confirmation.

05/08/2020

George K.

It was great! Ariel and team were easy and great to work with. Fast, efficient, and communication was wonderful. They did a great job pressure washing our house and then staining our deck and fence. We are planning to get a quote from them to help with some interior painting and install of wainscoting and chair rail to our dining room.

Description of Work
Pressure Washing, Deck and Fence Staining

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 05/08/2020

05/08/2020

bill D.

Ariel provided a very detailed estimate that was clear, accurate and complete. As the project progressed, he updated it as we discussed. He also provided guidance on trends and what would look/work best. His tile team did a great job and my bath looks awesome. There were a couple of minor items to fix after the work was complete and Ariel followed up quickly to ensure they were addressed. Excellent job and outcome. Would recommend and hire again

Description of Work
Remodel master bath

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, plumbing, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/15/2020

05/02/2020

Tim H.

Great job! Employees were very skilled in what they did and couldn’t be more courteous!

Description of Work
Ceramic Tile

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 05/02/2020

05/02/2020

Victoria B.

New Hope Painting did a wonderful job repairing my back deck, staining my front porch and back deck, power washing my house, and cleaning out gutters. The deck needed many damaged boards replaced. New Hope Painting worked quickly and left the area spotless. Their prices could not be beat and the workers are incredibly polite. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Deck repair, staining, pressure washing, gutter cleaning

Category gutter cleaning, deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking

Work Completed On 04/20/2020