JD Service Now

Founded 2005 • With Angi since July 2010

4416 Bennett Memorial Rd Ste 108

Durham, NC 27705

We are a full service plumbing, heating and air conditioning company providing solutions for all your plumbing, heating, and air conditioning needs 24/7. We are a licensed and fully insured contractor that is committed to providing the highest level of work that guarantees quality workmanship. Our

01/24/2023

Rob M.

I told company that I had a leaking outlet pipe from water heater. Technician comes out and rather than tightening the pipe, which stopped the leak, didn't even try that, but proceeds to write up 4 "options" to fix it, all outlandishly overpriced. Crap.

Description of Work
Fix leaking pipe joint on water heater.

09/16/2020

Lawrence B.

Technician tested all joints and identified leak. Provided quotation for repairs. Approved work and it was completed in less than two hours.

Description of Work
Replace fitting on gas piping on outside of house.

Category appliance repair, gas leak repair

11/02/2018

Arthur S.

Replaced duel unit with high efficiency cooling and heating unit. We went with 72 months 0% interest. They gave us the unit plus a new pad and a new thermostat color and smart phone. They gave me senior discount. The unit they installed was a Trane 16 seer unit its 38% more efficient then are old unit. They started the job at 8:30am and were here till 3 or 4 pm. They were neat cleaned up after everything. Wore boots over there shoes in our home. They installed the new thermostat went over the operational for several minutes. Let me just say one thing don’t wast you hard earned money on a cheap unit. The one that came with my home was noisy and located right next to the master bedroom. This new unit I can’t hear I need to stand by the vent to figure when it’s running. I’m so happy with the service. Did I mention they included a 10 year parts and service contract along with coming out twice a year to go over the unit to make sure it runs correctly.

Description of Work
Replaced old AC and heating unit on side of house unit was 12 years old.

08/13/2018

Dennis L.

Excellent. Repaired, cleaned, and checked in less than an hour. Explained the problem and next time I can fix it.

Description of Work
Water Heater Repain

06/30/2018

John T.

They didn't show to a confirmed appointment. After 40 minutes I called their office and they said they tried to call me. No, I was never called, always had my phone on and voice mail working. Less than candid in my opinion. Typical of many contractors. I don't have time for incompetence.

Description of Work
A/C Replacement Bid

06/19/2018

Edward A.

I bought this “worry free” plan when I had plumbing work done. I was supposed to receive a bi annual HVAC system check. The plan also had perks like preferred customer status where I would get priority service. I had an appointment for an AC tuneup. The appointment was made a few weeks in advance. Two days before the appointment they called and canceled saying they were too busy. They would call and reschedule. They never did so I called them. Still too busy I was told. My AC went out with temps in the mid 90’s. I called JD Service and was told it would be 3 days at the earliest..I reminded them if I had received the AC tuneup they may have avoided the AC breakdown. I paid $79 and got nothing in return. I ended up calling another HVAC company and they repaired the AC that day. I will not recommend or use JD Service ever again. They sold me a service plan they said was a fantastic deal. Yeah right, only for them.

Description of Work
JD Service home service plan

06/16/2018

Mary S.

We have been completely happy with the service and expertise of all the technologists and the HVAC manager, Chris Edwards, over the past 4 years. We hired them to replace three 20-year-old furnaces and A/C units, install a new garbage disposal, fix several leaks (some of which were difficult to trace), disconnect and reconnect the plumbing for our refrigerator ice-maker when the floors were being redone (we had to have the frig moved), and install new shower heads and toilets. We thought that one shower head would need to be replaced and then they fixed it in about 5 minutes (the O-ring had slipped inside the handle). Above all, everyone at JD Service Now is professional and make the satisfaction of their customers their #1 priority. I now have a service contract and they call me to remind me when I'm due for a free systems check. They take the time to listen and make sure that they get the job done right the first time. Once I found a quote to be too high and they fixed it. This is a company of good people, fast service, and patient satisfaction. Whenever I call, they get back to me within minutes.

Description of Work
Plumbing, Install and service heaters and AC

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair, drain cleaning

03/28/2018

Jessica H.

I had a wonderful experience with JD Service Now this Spring! Prompted by a Duke home energy audit, I shopped around quite a bit before settling on a company to replace my air conditioner and furnace (both were still functional, but original to my home, so 31 years old!). Chris Edwards, the HVAC Manager who came to my home was knowledgeable, kind, and so patient. Before he came I got an emailed bio so his face would be familiar and I'd know a bit of his background. He explained so many things to me- and I badgered him with questions! Since I'd met with so many other vendors I knew enough to question why he was suggesting certain things and not others, and he patiently explained and educated me. They were very competitive, as far as price, and kindly changed my quote a few times based on things I changed my mind about. Less than 2 weeks later, Neil Faircloth and Chris (a different Chris) came and got started on the install. I got the same bio emailed to me for Neil, which was such a nice touch! We were told that the install would probably take a day and a half. That was fine with me- they're doing a specialized job that I know nothing about! They were so friendly and very professional. At various points they coordinated a plumber to come out and check something (that turned out to be a false alarm, thank goodness!) and electricians (for the wiring involved with installing a new HVAC system). At no point did I doubt the knowledge, judgement and level of skill that all of these professionals exhibited. The job ended up taking two and a half days due to the size of our crawlspace and the fact that we were relocating the furnace there from another location. They kept us in the loop every step of the way and apologized many times for the delay- once again, this didn't bother me in the slightest! We were only without heat for one night, but they kindly lent us excellent space heaters and we weren't at all uncomfortable. Chris Edwards handled the financing for us, explaining the various options. He was very responsive to emails (and once again, I asked LOTS of questions!). He also filed for the Duke Energy rebates we were eligible for, and helped me file for the PSNC Energy rebate. Replacing an HVAC system is not an easy decision to make, nor is it a fun thing to deal with as a homeowner. Large home improvements are often stressful, expensive, and you can sometimes be left wondering if you made the right decision for your home and your bank account. However, in this case, JD Service Now never had me doubting I'd made the right choice. I feel relieved now that I've taken care of something that was weighing on my mind since we bought our house 7 years ago. I would wholeheartedly recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Replacing HVAC (including furnace relocation), dual zoning added, vapor barrier in crawlspace

01/29/2018

Kari T.

I woke up to frozen pipes. To trouble shoot and wrap the pipes correctly was $350. I added another $1,000 to replace the hot water heater altogether w/ a model that was Energy Star rated and ten gallons larger. The plumber took the time to wrap all pipes correctly and make sure it installed to code. Secondly, I took the opportunity to install a whole house filtration system, and I'm so glad I did. Noticeable improvement in water taste and quality. (The input and output valves on my 11 year old existing water heater were almost rusted shut - YUCK) And as it happens, that morning the connector for my refrigerator water supply sprung a leak. I was able to catch it right away and have JC Service fix. Whew! Would hire again.

Description of Work
I replaced my hot water heater w/ a 50 gallon Energy Star model; installed a whole house filtration system and fixed a leaky connection.

12/13/2017

Milee M.

Fabulous. They were in touch immediately. And scheduled my service for the same day. They send an email letting you know who's coming and their background. He fixed my gas leak in the attic (heater) with a brand new gas valve... and repaired the inside workings of my jacouzzi tub faucet. Polite, thorough, plenty of photos of work done! My provider's name was Ethan Watts.

Description of Work
new gas valve and fix leaky faucet

Category plumbing, gas leak repair

11/29/2017

Sebrena R.

The technicians were professional and very knowledgeable of the problems. They kept me informed as the job proceeded. The work took two full days and they didn't rest until it was completed.

Description of Work
Replaced entire HVAC system.

05/19/2017

A C C.

Wonderful experience with them. They came right away when we called them. They determined the old system was 25 years older or more. We were so happy because we were going on vacation the next week and if they weren't able to do this right away our guests would have melted from the heat. They were able to install the units at the beginning of the next week, and they were prompt and they discussed all the equipment with us and we got top of the line equipment.

Description of Work
Installed 2 new air conditioning units.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

03/23/2017

Catherine V.

In the course of repair, the granite countertop was cracked in two places. We contacted plumbing service manager Danny McCarthy who said in an email that he would " coordinate with the granite specialist to look at it and devise a plan for repairing or replacing the countertop." He was very pleasant in person, and came once to look at the damaged countertop. Despite several phone calls and promises, no action has been taken and it has been three months.

Description of Work
The undermount on my tenant's kitchen sink came unglued and needed to be remounted.

12/21/2016

DAVID M.

disposal replacement went well (though expensive); during crawl-space work (also expensive) a metal connection to main waterline was replaced with plastic one which cracked within days and required emergency repair; recommended replacement of Heating & AC replacement, estimates were $8000 to $16,000; no materials or details were left to compare their options. i decided to get other assessments before moving forward. so far, old system still working fine.

Description of Work
Over several weeks JD Service replaced kitchen disposal, installed "closed" crawl-space system to prevent AC condensation build-up and inspected Heating & AC system, giving estimates for replacement and made a minor repair of heating system.

12/16/2016

Steve S.

The team was professional and tried to be helpful within the boundaries of their fee structure.

Description of Work
Routine cleaning of hot water system. I used a discounted rate from Angies List. The price was 2.5x's more than company that installed the system for the same cleaning. I found another company that agreed to do it for the original price.

Category water heater repair

12/06/2016

Randy S.

I've used this company before with good results. This time not so much. We had an appointment for Friday between 8-11 which they couldn't make. I know this kind of thing happens and they rescheduled for the following week for 8 o'clock with a promise the tech would be there between 8-8:30. Tech called at 7:20 that he was on his way. Called back at 7:45 said he was delayed and would be there in 30-35 minutes. An hour later he was a no-show. I called and was told he'd be there in 15-20 minutes. After 30 minutes I went to work. Not a catastrophe but somebody dropped the ball and they lost a repeat customer.

Description of Work
Shower repair

11/17/2016

Margo P.

Did not charge us for emergency service, and did a fabulous job. Professional, prompt, excellent, responsive, and nice!

Description of Work
Because of town road work, sewer debris blocked out outlet, and our house backed up. They came as an emergency case.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

11/10/2016

Greg P.

I have only good things to say about the staff and quality of work performed by JD Service. They installed a new gas pack and duct-work in my home. From the initial visit and estimate process, to the actual instillation, everyone associated with my project were friendly, patient, knowledgeable, and hard working. The instillation techs were superb. My home is old, and there were unforeseen problems that arose. The install crew handled these with patience and knowledge. I am very happy with the new system.

Description of Work
New HVAC system for my home.

Category

09/28/2016

TONY M.

I gave an "F" because I feel the price was excessive although they state that it is only $39 for an evaluation of the problem and that will be credited to the final bill I never saw that credit on the invoice. Needless to say for $186 or a little more I could have gone to Lowes/Home Depot, got a new toilet, free installation and 0% financing for 6 months.

Description of Work
Leaky Toilet repair

08/20/2016

Yvonne W.

David was great! The shower had been a 10 year habitual problem that would leak every 2 years. I had been repairing under a home warranty company with contractors outside the area, which never replaced the whole configuration of the stem. David replaced both stems; and showed me the deterioration on one that had severed off. David explained the process of each repair; and advised me on preventive maintenance. I feel the shower is finally fixed! David was courteous and diligent with fixing my problems, especially the patience required to fix the shower. I will definitely call David again to fix any plumbing issues in my 60 year old home, since I know the job will be done right!

Description of Work
Leak in kitchen sink drain on right side required replacement; and stand up shower stall leak at shower head required replacement of both the cold and hot water stems.

07/27/2016

Jorge R.

They were expedient and got out there the next day. They worked with my tenant and it was flawless. They even did a follow up with me and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
They replaced a faucet in the kitchen sink of my rental.

07/07/2016

Sara A.

They came out to my house twice -- the first time was just for an estimate, which was for over $900 since they said they didn't know the brand. I told them I knew the brand (Danze) and could probably get the exact parts from the manufacturer. The manufacturer ended up having a lifetime warranty on parts, so I ordered the replacements. The second time JD Plumbing came back out, they gave me a new estimate of $450, which I thought was incredibly high considering I was providing the parts and I didn't think the repair would take that long. I told the technician (Jason, the same guy from the first time) this, but he didn't really respond to my query about the price being really high. I agreed to the repair because I just wanted it fixed, but it turned out the manufacturer had sent the wrong cartridge so the repair couldn't be completed that day after all. Jason put back the old cartridge and said he would return when I got the new parts. (As an aside, the way he put it back caused the shower to leak constantly for the next week, which I didn't realize until I went to look at the new parts that came and saw water everywhere and that it was running. It wasn't leaking at all before that.) Once the new parts came, I decided to call another plumber for an estimate because the one from JD Plumbing was so high. I don't know much about plumbing, so I felt bad about this -- JD Plumbing had come to my house twice without charging me anything, and maybe the estimate was right on, but I was originally expecting to pay $100 - $200 max for what seemed like a fairly simple repair so paying $450 without understanding why it was so expensive wasn't something I really wanted to do. In the end, I was right -- the other plumber came out the same day, made the repair in less than 30 minutes, and only charged me $60, their minimum service charge. I have no idea why JD's quote was so out of whack, especially for a highly rated Angie's list vendor. The woman on the phone was always super nice to me.

Description of Work
The shower handle in my guest bath had come off and the cartridge behind it had gone bad. I needed both replaced.

05/20/2016

Jonathan T.

We put a service call in to JDs Plumbing around 6:00 on a Friday night after finding standing water in our backyard near the mainline from the house. After some conferring, we called back to cancel our appointment with JDs Plumbing as we were able to obtain an appointment with another company for the following morning. Nonetheless, a JDs Plumbing truck showed up around 7:30. Instead of just sending him on his way, we decided to go ahead and let him take a look. The plumber dug a small hole and found some water. He then had us flush a few toilets and run water in the shower as well as down the washing machine drain. After more water appeared in the hole, he told us he needed a camera to look at the line so he went back to the shop to retrieve it. The plumber returned about 45 minutes later. It is now after 9:00 PM and pretty dark out. The plumber found a stake driven through our mainline. He notified us, wrote an estimate and left for the evening around 9:45. The quote we received was $1200 to dig up the pipe and replace it. Wow, we thought, that seems high, so we contacted the landscaper who had recently installed the wood and stake that caused the mainline to be pierced. He came out the following Monday looked at the standing water (still!) in the yard and told me that a punctured pipe wouldn't cause this much water. I thought to myself, "who is this guy to tell me about plumbing!" Well, the landscaper proceeded to dig farther down into the hole and voila - a dead end pipe! After running some water in the house, we found that this pipe was the culprit and we isolated it to the washing machine drain pipe. The landscaper still replaced the pipe he drove the stake through - in less than an hour! The plumber who made the trip to our house looked for the quickest solution and did not want to investigate the problem. This after he should not have even come since we had canceled our appointment! So after spending $150 for JDs Plumbing to come check out a leak in our backyard, they did indeed find an issue, but not the main problem. Their estimate was outrageous given the ease of replacing the section of pipe affected by the stake. After all of that, we are still stuck with a dead end pipe almost a week later.

Description of Work
Snaked main line for leak

04/11/2016

Maureen T.

He gave me some great suggestions. His name was Justin and I really liked him. He was pleasant and professional. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Came to my home to help me lower my water bill.

03/24/2016

Ronald S.

They came out and did an estimate for replacing my hot water heater, arrived on time, everything was fine. I paid for the estimate at the time of service with the employee's device (ipad or cell phone, can't remember which). But then I sent them emails asking for clarification on different water heater options, and they never responded. When I finally did hear from them, they wrote to demand payment for their $39.99 estimate fee. According to them, their e-payment service was having difficulties that day they were at my house, and I should check my credit card to double check that I wasn't charged twice. When I pointed out that I had emailed them with questions, they were apologetic, but still demanded payment for the estimate. I went with another company, and eventually sent them their $39.99. None of the other companies I contacted charged estimate fees, FYI.

Description of Work
Provided estimate for new hot water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners

Water Improvement Technologies

We specialize in knowing what’s really in your water, so we can find the most efficient and effective way to combat it. Our trained water technicians specialize in assessing your water’s current condition followed by the most efficient and effective customized solution.

2022 Super Service Award

Aire Serv Of East Raleigh

We specialize in all phases of heating and cooling services, installs, repairs, maintenance, and more! Aire Serv wants you to stay comfortable and breathe clean air all year round. That’s why our company focuses on excellence in customer service and quality AC and heating services. We are proud of our reputation for putting clients first, with a brand synonymous with excellence since 1992! Wherever you see the name Aire Serv, you can expect quality services and customer attention.

2022 Super Service Award

Comfort Monster Heating & Air / G&M

At Comfort Monster, we live by our motto, "Service So Good... It's Scary!" There are reasons why we were recently voted IndyWeek's Best of the Triangle for HVAC, why we have such a high rating on Angie's List and other review sites, and why our customers call us back to their homes year after year. Our technicians average more than 10 years of experience, and they get no incentives for selling you anything. Their focus is on helping you make informed HVAC decisions, not pushing services you don't need. Our system replacement estimates are always no-obligation and 100% free, and we will make financing your new system easy. A few of our credentials: NATE certified, Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, licensed and insured.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing

Air Conditioning Maintenance, Repair & Replacement. Heating, Furnace, Heat Pump Maintenance Repair & Replacement, Water Heater, Drain Cleaning, Repair Toilet, Faucet, Tub, Shower, Backflow Preventer Testing. Sewer Video Camera, Water Line, Plumbing, Fixture Relocation, Water Treatment, Leak Detection, Hydro Jetting, Well Pump, Heating & AC Repair & Replacement.

New Construction