Jam Carolina Exteriors

Founded 2012 • With Angi since January 2017

517 Valley Mede Dr

Durham, NC 27713

Jam Carolina Exteriors specializes in exterior home remodeling. Our tag line is "Caring For Your American Dream". This is something everyone in my organization firmly believes. Your home is your largest investment but we believe that it represents so much more than that. So no matter how big or

06/23/2022

Courtney W.

Excellent! The JAM exteriors team was great to work with. Chris gave great advice, continued to communicate well throughout the entire process. I especially appreciate his attention to detail. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Screened porch and deck and multi-sliding door

Category decks, remodeling, siding, interior painters, doors

03/06/2021

Jeff C.

I was extremely impressed with the professionalism, quality, value, and comprehensive range of services Jam Carolina Exteriors provided me. I have a house rental that is long drive from my primary residence that had numerous repairs that I wanted a one-stop shop to address. The major repairs included - 2 exterior door replacements due to water damage - Subfloor repairs radiating from the threshold of each door, also due to the water damage - Linoleum replacement on top of the subfloor I also had a grab-bag of exterior trim, stair decking, and fascia that required about 60 boards to be replaced, painted, and in some areas gutters to be replaced. Given a budget of about $10,000, I had gathered quotes from numerous contractors big and small, and was disappointed in the lack of detail in those quotes, until I met with James from Jam. He provided an extremely detailed action plan and list of materials in his estimate for the major repairs. No other estimate I received was - Nearly as detailed, or - Prepared to handle all the major work components I then called him back to get another quote on the exterior trim grab-bag, and his quote for that work was just as precise and reasonable. I then approved both estimates. Given the distance from my primary residence I was not able to monitor the work onsite. However, Chris, James, and Brandon kept in touch via calls, text and pics. In addition, my tenant provided updates as well, and she was appreciative of the status updates and respect Brandon and the Jam crew showed her. There are always surprises that happen on a job of this scope. In those cases, the Jam team was always proactive and able to provide upfront options. They finished the job within the budget. During the final walkthrough James made sure every itemized repair in the estimates were reviewed and approved by me. I feel confident that the repairs will outlast the 10 year guarantee they supplied. I will definitely look for Jam Carolina Exteriors to handle my primary residence as well for any future remodeling project.

Description of Work
Exterior door replacements, subfloor repairs, linoleum replacement, exterior trim

Category decks, flooring contractor, gutter repair, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, house painters, doors

01/08/2021

Steve C.

Great. James, Chris, and Brandon were always in communication with me. The workmanship was top notch. Very pleased with how it turned out.

Description of Work
Trim and fascia repair and new gutters.

Category awnings, gutter repair, woodworking, house painters

12/31/2020

James K.

What a great contractor. I am a REALTOR representing the seller. Chris at Jam did a fantastic job. He went above and beyond the call of duty. The remodel went smooth and fast. He and his team had ideas that sold this house quickly. Definitely will use his service again when the next rehab pops up.

Description of Work
Entire remodel

Category awnings, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, picture framing, garage doors, gutter repair, masonry, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, sunrooms, foundation repair

11/06/2020

Kate A.

I am SO grateful for this company and the experience that I had with them. When things are wrong with your house, it's stressful enough already, but the folks at Jam Carolina worked so quickly and efficiently that my stress was reduced and I was more than happy with the results!

Description of Work
Remodelling after water damage and leaky roof

Category contractors, remodeling, roofing, interior painters

10/24/2020

Linda P.

Jam Carolina exceeded my expectations. The job was scheduled promptly, completed on time, and the work was top quality. Their communication and professionalism were exceptional. I would not hesitate to recommend them, and I fully expect to use them for future projects.

Description of Work
Replace damaged siding, repaint

Category awnings, siding, house painters

05/21/2020

Sue H.

Chris and his team did an excellent job on the work we had done. They were on time and continually in communication with us to be sure we knew when they would be here and when they would be finished. Our steps were pulling away from the house so had to be removed and rebuilt. Chris made sure to find bricks to match what we had and all work was done quickly and neatly. All debris from repairs was cleaned up as the work was done so nothing was left laying in the yard or driveway for an extended period. Painting went just as well as the step repair, light figures/windows etc. were all covered to be sure paint did not get on them all damaged wood was replaced, and cracks sealed before painting. Any existing overspray from previous painting was pointed out to us to be sure we knew it was already there. When the painting was finished the crew went around and made sure no spots were missed and then walked around the house with us to be sure we didn't see anything and were happy with the work. Chris also came by the last day to check the work and be sure we were happy. He pointed out that the steps could be cleaned up a little better after the repair and and made sure it was taken care of. This is the best our house has ever looked and, even though the price was slightly higher than some of the quotes we received, the quality of the work was well worth it and we would not hesitate to call Jam Carolina for any future projects we need help with.

Description of Work
Brick step repair, external house repair and painting

Category masonry, pressure washing, house painters

02/06/2020

Paula J.

The entire process with Chris and the Jam crew was seamless, and the end result is absolutely gorgeous! I highly recommend them, and will be using them again for my next project!

Description of Work
Covered porch over existing deck, and rebuild porch landing

Category decks, gutter repair, house painters

10/25/2019

Neil R.

We hired Jam Carolina Exteriors to do some work on our deck. Chris and crew were very responsive, communicated clearly, and performed great work at a pretty reasonable price. The whole experience exceeded my expectations! Definitely recommend.

Description of Work
replaced bad boards and entire rail system on our deck

Category deck cleaning

09/30/2019

Bailey D.

Wonderful! We have a wonderful outdoor area that we can enjoy for years to come! All of the work crews were courteous and professional. Everything was completed in a timely manner and any questions I had were answered quickly and expertly.

Description of Work
We wanted to replace our old back deck with a new screen porch and deck.

Category decks, electrician, picture framing, roofing, siding, woodworking, house painters, sunrooms, outdoor kitchens

07/11/2019

Debbie H.

Great job, meticulous work, started and finished in time. They saw our vision and made it happen!

Description of Work
Front porch addition and deck

Category decks, picture framing, remodeling, roofing, siding, woodworking

05/20/2019

marina F.

We couldn’t be happier! The entire team was professional , knowledgeable, and skilled at their craft. They arrived ahead of schedule, stayed within our budget, and never tried to upsell. Great communication from beginning to end. Jam Carolina Exteriors is the only company we will call for our future needs!

Description of Work
We hired Jam Carolina Exteriors to repair extensive exterior wood rot, replace damaged siding, paint, and replace gutters.

Category gutter repair, siding, woodworking, house painters

05/03/2019

Ron T.

From the planning and estimating to the final inspections the process couldn't have been better. Chris, James, Jerry and Dave worked with me to turn my thoughts into reality. Even when the city required a change in the original plan, had to move the room a few inches to the left, it was only a 'sure we can do that' moment. The craftsmanship of the room from exterior to interior is great. The team that built the room, and yes I mean team not crew, were great. They would take the time to talk to us about what was happening, make suggestions on doing something different that might be better and sometimes just a friendly chat. Always on time and never left a mess in the yard. Pictures attached to show the room addition, addition in perspective with the house and photo of one corner of the room. We wanted to addition to match the style of the sunroom and that is what they did!

Description of Work
Room addition to garage for woodworking shop.

Category drywall, electrician, gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows, garage builders, house painters, interior painters, doors

01/29/2019

Erin C.

It was a pleasure working with Jam Carolina Exteriors. The entire crew was very organized and responsive. They completed several home repair projects for us, as well as, interior painting. Everything looks great! We will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Exterior window repair, roof repair, interior painting, additional attic flooring

Category contractors, roofing, siding, replacement windows, house painters, interior painters

01/16/2019

Christina H.

Chris Hamilton and his team did a very professional job with our recent exterior house painting. The crew was courteous, cleaned up after themselves, and quickly took care of any concerns, such as areas that needed additional sanding or painting. Jerrod did an excellent job with carpentry repairs and installation of two new, custom exterior doors. Our house looks fabulous. We highly recommend JAM Carolina.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting & carpentry repairs

Category gutter repair, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, doors

12/09/2018

Pete J.

They are good men. Punctual, provided detailed estimate, did food work, and did their best to save on costs when other issues were uncovered after fascia boards were removed.

Description of Work
Replaced rotting facsia, gutters and exterior door.

Category gutter repair, doors

12/04/2018

Mike W.

There was a lot more work required than originally envisaged to complete these substantial repairs. Turned out well.

Description of Work
Window frame and siding repair and replacement on both gable ends of two structures

Category decks, electrician, gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

12/04/2018

Austin B.

We had initially gotten several quotes for updating our screen porch and extensive wood repair on our bay window. I remembered one of our neighbors had gotten similar work and recommended Jam Carolina. Turns out, Chris and Jam Carolina had the best pricing. They were also extremely responsive. But the quality of their work and respect for my property is what gave my wife piece of mind. We are already planning to have them paint our exterior and replace carpet with hard wood floors.

Description of Work
replace boards, netting, demo/redo steps, and paint screened in porch / replace bay window

Category contractors, decks, handyman service, screen repair, siding, woodworking, house painters, sunrooms

03/29/2018

Nicole F.

We had a wonderful experience with Jam Carolina and would hire them again in an instant. Communication and efficiency throughout the project was excellent. They not only provided us with an outdoor oasis, but they gave recommendations along the way that improved the flow and appearance of our house. The team was very professional and always cleaned up at the end of each work day. You will not regret going with this company!!

Description of Work
Deck extension and screened porch

Category decks, replacement windows

12/20/2017

tim H.

Very good. These guys are actual carpenters and painters that are craftsmen.

Description of Work
Exterior siding replacement, exterior door and trim replacement, painting.

Category handyman service, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, doors

12/18/2017

Gregory M.

Excellent work and service. Project was on-time and on-budget. Team was considerate and professional.

Description of Work
Screened-in porch constructed

Category contractors, decks, electrician, roofing, siding, skylights, house painters, doors, sunrooms

12/07/2017

Jeanine W.

Fantastic! The crew was prompt, professional, personable, and tidy!

Description of Work
Home completely resided Outside trim replaced Exterior of home painted Porch rescreened

Category screen repair, siding, house painters

11/29/2017

carolyn G.

They did a fabulous job on my spot repairs and building my screened in porch. They were here everyday and communicated very well. I've never worked with any one that I've trusted more than JAM, they were gracious and very reliable. They exceeded my expectations and I highly recommend them to anyone and everyone. The owners, Chris and Jerrod couldn't have taken better care of me and my needs.

Description of Work
Wood Rot Repairs: siding, trim, windows. Demo deck and built a full screened in porch with electrical.

Category decks, siding

11/25/2017

tiffany H.

This was our first big construction project and I am SO happy we hired JAM Carolina. We had a lot of obstacles to overcome, specifically with weather and the nature of our backyard, but they were incredibly helpful in coming up with suggestions to deal with those obstacles. They stayed in touch with us when we were waiting for subcontractors so we didn't feel "forgotten." Every employee who came out to our property was professional and courteous and they became a part of our family while they were here.

Description of Work
JAM Carolina built us a detached garage

Category roofing, siding, garage builders

11/25/2017

Michael R.

Awesome....incredibly responsive! JAM Carolina Exteriors worked within our tight timeline and did a really quality job. Jerrod did a great job of communicating with us every step of the way and putting our minds at ease. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
We needed a new roof

Category roofing, siding