Iron Homes Inspections

North Carolina Home Inspector Licensure Board
09/30/2021

17 Fielding Ct

Durham, NC 27703

We are a comprehensive Home Inspection company covering the Raleigh Durham area. Also offering Radon detection and Well Water testing for your convenience. We accept cash check and credit cards to make payment as easy as possible....

home inspection (20)radon mitigation (6)

06/09/2021

Ling B.

Erik is a thorough, professional, and kind person. He took extra time to explain different details about the house and helped me feel more confident with my purchase as a first-time homeowner. 10/10 would recommend and recommend him to all my friends!

Description of Work
House Inspection

Work Completed On 05/28/2021

Thank you so much! I am glad we could help you through a major purchase. We hope that we have given you the tools and the information to be the most successful homeowner.

04/27/2021

Sanjay B.

A very good and reliable inspection was performed. The report was also great. Highly recommend this company for inspection.

Description of Work
Home inspection

Work Completed On 04/27/2021

Thank you for the glowing remarks. We are glad that we were able to help you during the home buying process.

10/27/2020

Billie E.

Erik was very thorough and efficient. He gave very good information and suggestions. Would absolutely hire him again.

Description of Work
We needed a home inspection

Work Completed On 10/26/2020

Thank you for the review! We always strive to provide excellent service and I am glad that we succeeded again for you.

09/24/2020

Lauren M.

He was extremely thorough yet efficient, and we saved about $100 doing it through him. Overall excellent experience!

Description of Work
Home inspection

Work Completed On 09/24/2020

Thank you so much for the kind words. It is always so rewarding to know our level of service and value is appreciated.

11/16/2018

Todd C.

Erik's performed pre-drywall and final inspections for our home as it was being built. He quickly responded after his inspections with reports, including pictures detailing any identified problems. These reports were shared with the developer, allowing for quick resolutions of problems. Erik was pleasant to work with and I have no hesitation to recommend him for anyone in the NC triangle area.

Description of Work
We required an intermediate and final home build inspections for a new home.

Work Completed On 11/16/2018

Thank you for your kind words. It has been a pleasure working with you and I hope you enjoy your new home.

07/09/2018

Mildred R.

We used Iron Home Inspections for a pre dry wall inspection and the final inspection of a new construction home. Erik does a great job, he is very detailed and take his time which result in a very thorough job. He patiently answered all my questions and as someone not familiar with construction terms I had many. He explained the work and estimated amount of time needed for the contractors to address the items he found lacking. He communicated directly with our PM to arrange for the first inspection and also to share his findings. His reports are detailed with pictures and suggestions on how to address the issues. He pays special attention to safety hazards and as a mom of little kids this was greatly appreciated. He also provided valuable information on how to maintain our new home. Always on time and available to answer our follow up questions over the phone. We are very happy with Iron Home Inspections and plan to use them again before our 12 month new home warranty expires.

Description of Work
Pre dry wall inspection, pre closing inspection

Work Completed On 07/09/2018

Thank you for the kind words. It always means so much to me and to everyone at Iron Homes to hear about our level of service. We all hope that you enjoy your home for many years to come as it truly is a beautiful home.

01/15/2018

William G.

Erik (Iron Homes Inspection) performed a thorough home inspection on our new home in November 2017. He answer questions patiently and clearly, and was very detailed and meticulous in his report. He was good natured and did not rush through his job. He gave the impression that he enjoys his work and enjoys talking with the people he helps. He followed up quickly and helped us as we asked about requesting services and/or contributions from the sellers. Later, when I had specific questions two months after the inspection, he spoke with me over email and clearly remembered specifics about the property. He then agreed to stop by the house to check out concerns in the crawlspace and answer questions over the phone once again. This helped my wife and I make smart decisions about future work on the home. Erik did not over charge, did not charge for the follow up visit, and we found the services to be of GREAT value. Thanks and would enthusiastically recommend!

Description of Work
Home Inspection and Follow Up

Work Completed On 01/12/2018

08/17/2017

Jessica M.

He was on-time, professional and extremely thorough. He answered all of our questions on the fly, and walked us through the house to make sure we saw and understood the issues. His report was detailed and complete, delivered to us in a timely manner. We would absolutely hire him again!!!

Description of Work
We hired Erik to inspect a home we are interested in buying.

Work Completed On 08/09/2017

Thank you very much for the kind words. I am glad that my passion for my profession shows.

07/21/2017

Michael N.

Erik was quick to respond to my call, and arrived promptly for the appointment. He was courteous, easy to talk to and very professional! The inspection lasted more than 2 hours, and Erik was very detailed in his work. He kept us informed of what he found at each stage, and took the time to answer questions and explain the importance of what he was seeing. The report he sent was very detailed, and he included some additional documents that were very helpful. He was great at helping us put potential repairs into perspective, and we both felt very confident in the work he did for us. We would recommend Erik Raudsep/Iron Homes Inspections without hesitation!

Description of Work
My husband and I are planning to have our home renovated, including an expansion of the master bedroom/bathroom. The house is a 1960's ranch that he has owned for 15 years, so we wanted to know up front whether there might be any unexpected repairs that would impact our budget for the work we're planning to have done.

Work Completed On 07/21/2017

07/12/2017

Angela R.

Erik was outstanding. He did a thorough inspection of the house we were looking to buy and looked everywhere, finding things everywhere he went. He showed no regard for the time he was taking, only the job he was doing. He gave us a thorough report and was even willing to amend the report later to add an additional item he found during a review with the plumber we hired to inspect the plumbing. Very professional, very thorough and well worth the price!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Work Completed On 07/12/2017

Home Inspection for New Homes, existing structures, individual systems checks, radon detection, well water testing.

Satisfaction