DURHAM GLASS INC

AVONDALE AUTO CENTER

03/04/2016

Jeff T.

Everything A-OK. They fixed my problem as a walk-in customer

Description of Work
Repair windshield seal

Category glass repair, auto glass

08/03/2015

Christian M.

Poor customer service and poor attention to detail: Pretty terrible experience overall. They no-showed then called an hour after they were supposed to be there after my girlfriend had taken the afternoon off at work. Their website states they do work on the weekends, however when we asked to reschedule for a Saturday, they said no. We pushed further since their website offers this, and the owner informed us that the only way they would do it is if they had other jobs scheduled that day too. When they finally came out to replace the window pane, it had a different color spacer between the outer and inner portion. My window had a silver/metal spacer. To make things worse, the black portion was bigger than the window frame, so it really stood out and looked terrible. Had to ask them to take it back out.

Description of Work
Replacing lower window pane on cracked home window

05/17/2015

Nathan H.

Overall, we were very pleased with Durham Glass. They were very responsive and professional throughout the entire process. We would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Provided glass for kitchen bay window

01/08/2015

Ali P.

They damaged balance springs of two windows in my house while replacing their glasses. These windows now do not stay put when the latches are unlocked. I've contacted them to resolve this problem, Edith (who is the contact person there) told me they do not accept responsibility for this problem but they can replace the balance springs if I pay for the cost of parts. I accepted this offer, however, after almost 1 month of trying to get hold of them to address the problem, they did not address the issue yet. By the way, Please note all other windows in my house work properly, only the two windows they have worked on have this problem. It is a problem they have created, but they are not taking responsibility and properly addressing the problem. Besides this problem, they have been very difficult to work with. It has been a struggle to schedule service appointments with them. They were also quite unprofessional: they sent different crews to my house who were not aware of what the other crew had done, e.g., taking measurements multiple times, even then their measurement for one window was incorrect. this was a job that could have been done in 2 service visits (measurements and installation) but I had at least 7-8 service visits even then it has not been done properly.

Description of Work
replaced glasses of 4 windows.

01/05/2015

Marjorie O.

Answered phone call inquiry immediately. Sent estimator to the house and provided on the same day. Performed work the next day. Completed work as agreed on-time at quoted price.

Description of Work
Replaced broken glass pane in multi-pane door.

10/27/2014

Leon .

Did not like installation

Description of Work
Installed bathroom mirror

10/13/2014

Chuck F.

They were wonderful! From first contact on phone, through ordering and delivery process Durham Glass was great. On the delivery, one of the guys noticed a chip in the glass and offered to remedy it and redeliver. He explained the pros and cons of keeping the chipped glass, (it was very minor, but in a conspicuous spot) and I opted to send it back. The replacement glass was back to me in about 3 business days which was great! I would use them again!

Description of Work
Custom cut tempered glass for a desktop

08/21/2014

Janine G.

Excellent service from start to finish. Edith provided prompt, professional customer service and kept us informed of the progress of our order. We never had to call about the job ourselves. Rudy measured and installed our replacement windows and doors. He's friendly, efficient, and really demonstrates that he cares about his customers. He's a tremendous asset to the company. We were referred to Durham Glass by our realtor to fix items on our home inspection report, but we'll most certainly call them again the next time we need such services. We can't comment about prices because the people selling the house covered the cost. Surely there are many places to choose for glass services, but the determining factor for us is customer service, and Durham Glass is one of the best vendors we've dealt with.

Description of Work
Replaced glass windows and doors with broken seals

Category glass repair, replacement windows, doors

07/14/2014

Dana W.

We needed some windows replaced per a home inspection during the sale of our home. I contacted Edith and she sent someone out to measure within a couple of days. He was pleasant and arrived on time. There was a window in which the seal had failed, there was one broken window and two panes of glass in the front door that had broken seals. It took just over a week to order the parts and have them come back to install. He was on time, courteous and completed the job with no strings attached. Thanks Durham Glass, I will call you again if the need arises.

Description of Work
Replace two windows and two panes of the front door.

06/30/2014

Sherwood D.

03/31/2014

Constance N.

12/17/2012

William P.

Set appointment - they rescheduled. They could not complete the window replacement initially because of the complexity but a second team came in as scheduled and completed the job. I was pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Large Andersen window replacement in one of my bedrooms Aligned wall of mirrors (3 large mirrors which had slipped out of place)

12/12/2012

Connie C.

They were prompt and reasonable price. They came the next day and began to measure the glass for my mothers home as we prepared it for sale. The cutom peice was damaged in the shipping but they were able to fix the issue and install the peice. I needed to leave town, but they worked with my realitor (my agent) to arrange a way to get in to the home and finished the project.

Description of Work
The company that our realitor told us to call (Rice Glass) never called me back, I went on Angies's List and found Durham Glass.

10/04/2012

Joseph T.

We contacted Durham Glass for some desk and tabletop glasses. Ms. Edith, the owner informed us that she would send some one to measure our tables the next day. As promised, Mr. Josh came in the next day and took the measurements. The same day afternoon, Ms. Edith called us back with the quote and the glasses were delivered after two days on time. They were even taken to the second floor of the house, cleaned and placed on to tables. A Superb service at a Superb price.

04/27/2012

Yvonne R.

It went very well. I called the office one day and asked if someone could come out to take a look at my cracked window pane. Edith in the office was great. She sent two young gentlemen over that same day to take a look. They were punctual, polite, and professional. They measured the glass and gave me a rough estimate of the price. That afternoon Edith in the office called to ask if she should order the glass. I said yes and heard from her the following week that it had come in. We made an appointment for the following day. The same two young gentlemen came. Again, they were punctual, polite, and professional. They installed the glass in less than 30 minutes. I am very pleased with all of the service and would definitely call on Durham Glass again. Great family run business!

Description of Work
I had a broken window pane in my kitchen and needed the glass replaced.

Category glass repair, replacement windows

I JUST WANTED TO TAKE A FEW MINUTES AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR WONDERFUL COMMENTS, AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR BUSINESS. THANK YOU EDITH WITH DURHAM GLASS INC.

05/12/2009

Marcia Okabayashi M.

I called them and promptly they send someone over half an hour later to measure the window. A few hours later they called with an estimate. They came back the beginning of the following week to replace the glass. We were EXTREMELY pleased with their service.

Description of Work
Replaced a broken glass window in our bedroom.

12/30/2008

Gregory D.

Very good. The job was done in a professional manner and completed beautifully.

Description of Work
Had a broken glass pane replaced on our French doors.

04/12/2007

boris K.

The company sent out 2 men to look and measure the glass. Then the glass was ordered and it took longer then promised for the glass to be installed, by a couple of days.

Description of Work
Garage window replacement.

08/21/2006

LORI E.

Mr. Denson was an absolute delight to work with! I called him in frustration that I couldn't remove the broken panes from our storm windows, and he talked me through the process over the telephone. Easy-peasy! Then I took him the panes to be fixed, and he had them ready within one business day. In addition to being speedy, he was inexpensive. Plus, the windows look great.

Description of Work
Replaced broken and missing storm window panes.

American Craftsmen of NC

American Craftsmen of NC is a small Locally owned & operated exterior home improvement company that specializes in Windows, Roofs, Siding, Gutters and Gutter Guards. Our mission is to provide superior workmanship, quality products, outstanding customer service and a high standard of integrity at a fair price. Additional DBA - No Worries Inc. Award winning.

Lane's Contracting, Inc

When you hire Lane’s Contracting, you’re selecting an exterior home contractor with over a decade of experience in the Raleigh and surrounding areas. Quality Builders in Wake & Johnston Counties as well as Neighboring Communities. You now know that Lane’s Contracting employs a group of talented, conscientious home improvement professionals. So, doesn’t it make sense to choose us to deal with your leaky or sagging roof, curling or missing shingles, granules in your gutter, or other problem signs that you need roof repair? Choose the contractors trusted by your neighbors and friends in Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Goldsboro, Smithfield, Wake Forest or anywhere in the Triangle and call us today at 919-631-6112. We’re ready to help in all of Wake & Johnston Counties & all surrounding areas.​

Offers Coupon

Mid Atlantic Roofing Systems Inc.

Mid Atlantic Roofing Systems Inc. is fully bonded, and insured company that is based out of Winston-Salem, and proudly services all of North Carolina with over 25 years of experience. We serve residential and multi-family homes, as well as commercial buildings and take pride in delivering superior products and services at competitive rates. High standards are set for all of our employees because we train our team members to fully accommodate your unique requests. Make Mid Atlantic Roofing Systems, Inc. your first call when you need a professional roofing company, seamless gutter installation and skylight installation/repair, including tinting solutions and leak repair. (Flexible appointments available, 7 days a week.) * A rating with the BBB*

Offers Coupon

Auto Glass
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Home and auto replacement glass