Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair

Founded 2009 • With Angi since August 2009

Locally Owned company specializing in repairing major appliances including Samsung and LG. Our company consists of 5 employees including two technicians. We service most major brands with a flat rate labor charge plus price of any part. Our service are includes that Triangle area however, A $10-$15 charge is added to any calls more than 20 miles from our office....

Dryer Vent Wizard of Raleigh, Cary, Durham

We are a locally owned business specializing in cleaning, installing and trouble-shooting dryer vents. We accept cash, checks, credit cards, and we will bill commercial accounts. In some cases we will finance the job accepting partial payment at the time we do the work and spreading the balance over one or two months for the remaining payments. Award winning. Additional fax - (252) 824-5241. Additional phone - (919) 581-5096 .

The Mad Hatter Air Duct Cleaning & Chimney Sweep

The Mad Hatter Air Duct Cleaning & Chimney Sweep Service Inc has been in business since 1995.

Smoke Alert Home Fire Safety

Smoke Alert is founded in 2010 by Firefighters in order to educate the public about Fire Safety in the home. The primary services we provide are Dryer Vent Cleaning for as little as $59 and Chimney sweeping starting at $80. With every service you also get a complimentary written home fire safety inspection and life safety classes for the family. We do exit drills with the whole family so everyone is prepared and knows what to do in the event of a fire. Award wining.

04/10/2021

Betty P.

Receptionist was helpful and a pleasure to deal with. Repairman was on time, professional and knowledgeable. Great company. Definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Dryer repair

Category dryer vent cleaning

03/21/2020

Dave K.

First, Linda was just a delight to work with in setting up an appointment. Then Ty came to fix the oven and did such a professional and cheerful job - all the while observing the new standards designed to keep COVID infection at bay. I could not have been more pleased.

Description of Work
Fix Bosch Oven

09/10/2018

GALE M.

did a great job of diagnosing problem. I had ordered 1 part but there was a 2nd part needed. Fridge repaired as soon as part arrived.

Description of Work
repaired fridge door that wouldn't stay closed

04/21/2018

nancy D.

He fixed iti

Description of Work
Repair Samsung refrigerator that wasn’t cooling right

02/22/2018

Steven W.

Grade A for the superior experience from Durham Appliance Thrift and Repair. Beginning with excellent scheduling and customer interaction from Laura to the repair of our refrigerator, we could not have asked for more. Ty is extraordinary in both his expertise with a diagnosis and quick to offer a solution to the issue(s). Prices are very reasonable.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

01/08/2018

erin M.

Beyond my wildest dreams. It was perfection. I emailed several appliance repair companies on Angie's List, and Ty was the first to reach out. He helped me understand my problem, came out early the next day, right on time, and was able to easily repair the fridge. I trusted him and his explanations of what he thought was wrong, and his honest assessment of the likelihood of this fridge being able to be saved. We get a one year warrantee for his work, which I doubt we'll need, because he did great work. I have to say, it drives me crazy when I'm hiring someone for a service and they talk to me like I'm an idiot, presumably because I'm a girl, and Ty at no point made me feel that way. I wasn't home when he came by, but my husband was equally smitten with Ty's easy conversation and obvious, genuine joy in his work. THANK YOU TY!

Description of Work
We needed our fridge repaired. It had stopped cooling. I tried to youtube the problem away, without success.

02/20/2017

Howard K.

The plastic cover from the old fan had broken off. Unfortunately, it couldn't be replaced, which meant that the whole fan had to be replaced. They were able to do all this in one trip, which saved time and money.

Description of Work
Replaced attic fan

11/24/2014

Joe R.

We have done several transactions with these wonderful folks. In this case, we called about a repair to our washer. They told me on the phone what they thought was wrong and scheduled a service call. They arrived spot on time but found that what they thought was wrong was not the problem and that the washer needed to be replaced - no surprise as it was old. However, since they misjudged the repair, they did not charge for the service call. We went over to the store and found a great high end front loader with storage stand. They delivered it, set it up and hauled the old one away. Quick as a wink and we saved somewhere around $500. This is a terrific company and wonderful people.

Description of Work
Repair estimate of old washer and purchase of new one

06/18/2014

Karl E N.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate to repair washing machine. Provided me the part numbers and I did the work myself.

Category appliance repair

fridge repair, stove repair, oven repair, washer repair, dryer repair, ice maker repair, used washer sales, used dryer sales, used fridge sales

Gas appliances, dishwashers, hot water heaters

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal