Clegg's Termite & Pest Control LLC

Founded 1965 • With Angi since June 2006

PO Box 3089

Durham, NC 27715

Whether you have an issue with termites, ants, roaches, bed bugs, fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, mice, rats, nuisance wildlife or other pests, protecting your living and working environment is our mission. Additional DBA - Clegg's Pest Control. Additional phone numbers - (800) 763-0378 & (800) MR-CLEGG.

08/22/2022

Christine M.

They were easy to work with. I loved them. They were nice and helpful.

Description of Work
They sprayed nontoxic for insects.

08/22/2022

Christine M.

They were very good company. They came out quarterly.

Description of Work
They came in with non toxic spray for insects.

11/02/2020

Alex F.

The man was very professional and arrived right on time, a little early actually which was nice! He wore a mask and was careful not to touch things that were ours. He didn’t seem sick but he was still careful. I was waiting for a week or so to do my review of the actual bug problem. We have seen way way less (almost none) since he came. He even gave tips on what we can do to further prevent bugs. 100% would use again and recommend.

Description of Work
Pest control - roach/waterbug/spiders

08/01/2019

Benjamin E.

The property managers and the pest control agency didn't give an estimate or even a bill. We simply recieved a late notice. I understand that was more on the property managers. However, I called Cleggs office wanting to know if they spray on the follow up visit or simply inspect. The receptionist couldn't answer and sent me to another employees voicemail. I never got a return call or even talked to any of them. Also, they couldn't bother showing up at the day and time they set for us. So my family and I are overstaying our welcome at a friend's house. The bedbugs are gone but so is the respect.

Description of Work
We experienced a bedbug infestation. Our property managers contacted Cleggs on our behalf

07/29/2019

William M.

Went very well. Clegg's had the lowest price, arrived promptly and treated for the asian needle ant exactly as described in their proposal. They also treated for carpenter ants at no additional charge and volunteered to re-inspect the treated areas in two weeks..

Description of Work
Treated for asian needle ants

06/06/2019

Tom Y.

I signed up to have them spray my yard for $49/month. Two weeks after the first treatment in April, I noticed plenty of mosquitos in the yard. I called and complained but still gave it another shot due to a lot of rain that had occurred. Two weeks after the second treatment (when it was very dry), same issue. I called and spoke to their customer service rep and she scheduled a technician to come back out today for a "no charge call back". I took the afternoon off work to meet the technician and show him the problem areas. When he arrived, he told me he was dispatched under an charged order for my monthly paid service. I called and spoke to someone immediately, but surprise, she claimed I was mistaken and they don't do free mosquito treatments. AVOID.

Description of Work
Mosquito Prevention

07/08/2018

Caroline N.

Technician was on time and took care of the problem by putting bait in the crawlspace and traps in the house since we have dogs and a small child. Have not seen any further evidence of mice.

Description of Work
Discovered mice in the house.

07/06/2018

Stephen L.

I entered into agreement with Clegg's on Monday, contacted my old provider the same day to remove the old bait stations, and took my truck to have it serviced on Wednesday. When I returned, Clegg's had already replaced the termite bait stations with new ones and left the old ones in a plastic bag for pick-up. I called and e-mailed the previous company and the poison was finally removed on Saturday. I'm glad I switched to Clegg's.

Description of Work
New Termite Contract

Category pest control

We are glad you switched too, Mr [Member Name Removed]. We value our customers very much and strive to provide the best pest and termite control experience possible. We look forward to having you as a member of the Clegg's family for many years to come.

06/25/2018

Mary D.

The company came right out and gave us an assessment. We hired them to do the treatment, but since there were two types of treatment it took two crews. The first crew installed the baits on time, but I had to call the second crew and remind them that they still needed to come. It was ok, but I now feel that I will have to keep up with them to do follow up inspections instead of being able to rely on them.

Description of Work
Termite treatment using baits around the house and liquid injection under concrete

Category pest control

Thank you for the review Ms [Member Name Removed]. I assure you we will be out every 6 months to check your stations and annually to do a structural inspection per your termite baiting agreement. We appreciate your business very much and value you as a customer.

10/04/2017

Thorsten F.

Full termite treatment. They drilled holes in the foundation inside the crawlspace in most cases. Where that was not possible they drill the holes on the outside of the foundation. They covered all the holes to make them look as inconspicuous as possible. Very professional job.

Description of Work
Full termite treatment.

Category pest control

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I will pass along your compliments to the service technicians and their supervisor. Glad to hear you are having the best termite control experience possible.

09/16/2017

Britni C.

They can improve by being consistent with their customers across the board with what they say. They worked with me. I paid up front. They did what they came out to do. Their price was an "A" compared to everyone else. I would give them a "B" for responsiveness, because the follow up appointment they didn't come out on the correct date. They told me Wednesday of last week actually and they came out on Friday and no one was here, so I have to reschedule that.

Description of Work
They sprayed and treated home.

08/23/2017

Beth H.

Did a great job and were on time and professional

Description of Work
Overall pest control program

Category pest control

Thank you for the wonderful review. Glad to hear you are having the best pest control experience possible. I will pass along your compliments to the service technician and his supervisor.

08/21/2017

Ernie M.

It went great. I had a slovenly tenant who caused an infestation of bed bugs and other insects by his untidy, unsanitary and hoarding housekeeping. We were profoundly disturbed by news of the infestation. Phil, Jamar, Greg and the staff @ Clegg's put my mind at ease with their patience, professionalism and proficiency. They completely eliminated the infestation with 1 trip and at a very reasonable price. I will use them again!!

Description of Work
Bed Bug Extermination

Category pest control

Thank you so much for the A rating. We value our relationship with you very much and strive to solve any pest control problem that comes along without overcharging the customer. We want to make sure the job is done right the first time and we do our best to educate the customer on how doing their part will help keep their pest control problems from coming back for a second round.

08/17/2017

Becky M.

We had Cleggs quarterly pest control service for two years and had been very pleased with their service until a recent staffing change and lack of support from their headquarters. When the staffing change occurred, I spoke with the new route tech requesting to change my date of service as I was out of state and prefer to be home when they come. (I like to be present as one tech from Cleggs finished our two story, 3,000 sq ft home in five minutes, leaving 95% of our home not covered.) The new tech agreed to the service date change (the following week). The very next day he called me stating he was in our front yard and had just finished our quarterly pest control. I asked him how that was possible as no one is home and the inside of the house had not been done as I had requested, and why he had done such after agreeing to do our pest control the following week. He stated he had to do our house on the day he was scheduled to be in our town regardless of what I had requested or what he agreed to. I called Cleggs immediately, explained what happened and that we had not authorized a visit on that date, the staff member had lied to me agreeing to come on a different date and that 50% of the service was not performed at the very least as no one was home to let him in the house - where the pest control problem was. Cleggs refused to remove the charge for that date despite the fact that we were more than willing to set a new date for service and pay for actual service, defending the tech for coming on a day that he said he would not. We canceled our service. While the above incident was disturbing, it is what happened after canceling our service that was even more disturbing. Five minutes after canceling our service with the corporate office, the technician personally called me pretending to be someone from their corporate office stating he had heard I was upset with the technician and inquiring as to the specific reasons I was upset with him. He wanted to know exactly what my complaints about him were. I called the corporate office back to say "What is this - an employee calls the customer directly inquiring about the specific complaints against them and argues?!" The customer service rep LAUGHED at me stating she knew exactly what tech it was and why he had called and that it really wasn't a big deal... It was a big deal to me. He was mad, he disagreed with me and he knew where we lived. Who does business like that?! Not only that (after we canceled our service) the next time quarterly service was in our town, that same tech called me in an intimidating manner stating "I'm standing in your front yard right now"! I am disappointed in how Cleggs handled this, their obvious lack of valuing customers and that they would allow or tolerate intimidating behavior from their employees.

Description of Work
Residential quarterly pest control.

08/15/2017

Mary K.

The discussion over the phone was fine but I did not go with this company.

Description of Work
No work was done. We only discussed how the work was to be done and price.

07/13/2017

Patrick M.

Larry Adams the local manager answered all our questions, and solved any issue that came up. I would highly recommend Clegg's

Description of Work
Pest removal

07/11/2017

Anne C.

On time, makes recommendations about crawl space vapor barrier & home maintenance needed. Performed inspections.

Description of Work
Annual termite inspection

Category pest control

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I will pass your compliments along to the Raleigh office and your inspector.

06/10/2017

Lucy W.

Great. Ant problem has been eliminated.

Description of Work
Had an ant problem so we needed spraying both inside and outside the house.

Category pest control

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I will pass your compliments along to your technician and his supervisor.

05/12/2017

sean M.

I called them on Monday, the 1st, to see about having them come out to do some preventive pest control treatments. They gave me an appointment for May 5th and we discussed what would happen on that day. Before I hung up with them, they asked me for a credit card that they could keep on file. I was told that the technicians don't have the equipment to accept a card at the time of service. I spoke with them around 9am/10am and at 4pm they charged my credit card, in full, for the service that I was going to receive on Friday, the 5th. I immediately called them, told them that I was charged and that I wanted the full amount refunded and that I also wanted to cancel my appointment.

Description of Work
I contacted them for pest control service.

Category pest control

I want to apologize for your experience thus far with Clegg's Pest Control. We do collect a credit card at the time of scheduling but it is not supposed to be charged until the date of service. We have some newer members of customer service that I will be spending some additional training time with to reiterate this protocol. Training aside, this was our error and if you would give me the opportunity I would like to make it up to you. We are currently offering a 15% discount for initial general pest control services which would bring your initial service down to $212.50. If you would like to give us another chance I would be happy to offer you this rate and we will let our Billing Department Manager handle the payment so that there will be no further hiccups with payment. If you are interested, please call me, Anna Bowen, at 919-477-2134 ext 121 and I would be happy to set that up for you. Thank you for your time.

04/27/2017

Sandra F.

They were knowledgeable and professional. The ants are gone.

Description of Work
I needed carpenter ants removed and they did a thorough job

Category pest control

Thank you so much for the great review. I will pass along your compliments to the technician and his supervisor. Please let us know of any future termite, pest, or moisture control needs you may have.

12/20/2016

James N.

We were very pleased with our service.

Description of Work
Needed a one-time indoor and outdoor treatment.

10/26/2016

renard C.

excellent on time, and explained service

Description of Work
monthly pest control

03/11/2016

Eric P.

As usual, Clegg's did an outstanding job.

Description of Work
Treat for millipedes

11/04/2015

frances P.

Each time they came, they took less and less time. I followed them around the house and they were just walking into rooms and doing 1 squirt instead of spraying the whole room.

Description of Work
Pest control

Category pest control

[Member Info Removed], Good morning. We would like an opportunity to speak with you concerning the service you received. This is not Clegg's operating procedure and we strive to provide the highest quality service possible. We would appreciate you contacting our office and asking for Greg Rogers or Heather Torres. Please call 919-477-2134.

10/23/2015

John J.

This company was outstanding. They did a great job at a fair price and did everything they said they would do. Scott was excellent! Perry was excellent! The crew was excellent! I could not have asked for a better job. Thank you gentlemen!

Description of Work
Full termite treatment

Category pest control

Mr. (member name removed), Thank you for the review of the work performed at your residence. Our service technicians strive to provide the very best service and we appreciate hearing from customer's that this holds true. Please let us know if you have any questions or if we can be of further assistance. Amy Poole Smith Administrative Coordinator

Tar Heel Basement Systems

Tar Heel Basement Systems, founded in 2003, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. Serving North Carolina High Country, Winston-Salem and parts of southwest Virginia, they currently maintain offices in Raleigh and Winston Salem. Tar Heel is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes or commercial buildings from water damage, concrete sinking, and foundation failure.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers by Tar Heel Basement Systems on Angi
    Solis Waterproofing

We specialize in all phases basement waterproofing and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Tar Heel Basement Systems

2022 Super Service Award

Offers by Tar Heel Basement Systems on Angi

1924PWF
    North Carolina
    NCDA
    06/30/2016
    MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa

Residential, commercial & industrial termite, moisture & wildlife control, fumigation & dehumidification systems.