Clean Septic Tank Service

Founded 1985 • With Angi since December 2006

2604 Indian Trail

Durham, NC 27701

Additional phone number - (919) 291-6412. Additional DBA - Clean Portable Toilets. Additional address - 3026 Rosebriar Dr, Durham, NC 27705.

02/14/2018

JO ANN H.

I called him back Monday morning & he said he would be here Tues afternoon to do it. He found the the lid, dug it out, opened it up & started pumping. It took about an hour from the time he pulled in my driveway. He was great, explained everything. He told me if I have any unusual wet spots in the next week or so that he would have to come back & dig up the leech field because of all the trees & roots in my yard & that would be around $1200. Because the top wasn't as deep as I thought it was less than what he left on my voicemail. When it needs to be done again I know who to call.

Description of Work
I did a search because I needed my septic tank pumped out. I originally thought we had a clogged toilet. I did the search Fri afternoon, went out for dinner that evening & Jeff left me a message about 10 mins after I left home with the estimate.

11/21/2017

Connie G.

Great! He called me immediately after I posted that I needed it done and came the next day.

Description of Work
Septic tank cleaning.

05/12/2016

Kenton W.

Jeff was knowledgeable and professional. Completely pumped both sides of the tank and cleaned the filter at very reasonable cost. Provided enzymes to add to the tank for maintenance. Super job!!!!!!

Description of Work
Pumped septic tank and cleaned filter

12/10/2015

Robin M.

Great service & a great guy!

Description of Work
Septic Tank Cleaning

10/26/2015

Matthew D.

Very professional even with difficult sellers (and I mean hostile and difficult sellers). He completed the job professionally. His pricing is fair and he is honest. We used him during the sale of our previous house where another septic company quoted $3,500 in repairs needed. Jeff inspected and we paid for distribution box cleanout - cost $350 - 90% savings!!

Description of Work
Septic cleaning and inspection

06/17/2015

Calvin P.

Service went very well. I contacted Jeff Dixon with the need to service my tank. Jeff outlined the options available to me as well as the pros and cons of each option. Finally he spoke to the need to do any work so that it can be wlmainatined in the future and not ignored. In the end we went with the best option for the long term system health and easy future maintenance. Jeff provided an excellent price for the work done but did not tell me I was required to do the 'extra' work that other contractors said were code requirements (I contacted the local health department and found out the extras were not required by local code confirming what Jeff told me). In the end we did do the extra work though because Jeff explained why it was beneficial and a good idea. Jeff is very concietious of both the quality of his work and his reputation in the field. I will definitely use him again for all my future septic needs and cannot recommend him highly enough.

Description of Work
Installed second riser, sanitary tee, and outlet filter to replace eroded discharge baffle in septic tank.

12/17/2014

Thomas L.

Jeff appeared on time and cleaned both sides of my septic tank. He charged the price that he quoted me. He was very personable and explained all aspects of the job. I would utilize his services again.

Description of Work
Cleaned septic tank.

Category excavators

10/08/2014

Keith R.

I used the Angie's list contact tool, to contact a couple of other septic servicing companies. One did not contact me back and the others quote was higher than my research said it should be by almost double. I actually scheduled with the higher company thinking that because I live in Orange County it may be a higher price because of OWASA (Orange water and solid waste authority). But then I contacted Clean Septic Tank Service. I had a response by the end of the day and a quote that was right where I thought it should be $285 for a tank pumping, filter cleaning, inspection and he also provided a years worth of septic treatment tabs. He said I didn't need to be there but I wanted to solve the mystery of the septic system for myself. He showed up right when he was expected and didn't make any mess. I was there during the cleaning, he's really nice guy to talk with and he answered some questions I had regarding my drain field. I will certainly use his service again every three to five years according to him.

Description of Work
Clean and inspect septic system

Category excavators

03/19/2014

Jon A.

Perfect; this is the kind of service that has been lacking in home repair and servicing for years. I had an overflow problem with the second tank of my septic system, with symptoms of a filter stoppage. I have had this problem before on this system, and called the company that I had used before. None of their representatives even returned my calls, not even the and quot;on-calland quot; guy. After a reasonable time, I gave up on them and searched Angie's list for a replacement. Clean Septic Service had great reviews, and I called Jeff. Though it was a weekend, he returned my call within minutes. We scheduled an appointment, which he met on time, even though it was during a period of rain and sleet. He finished the work, reviewed the condition of my system, showed me a picture of my system to show me what to do should I decide to clean the filter myself, and suggested a change in the backflow drainage system of my water softener, a change that will reduce the blockage problem that I had been having with the septic system. In addition, his price was considerably lower than the previous company was charging. Clean Septic Service is a family business in my local area, and he serves a considerable area around my community. I strongly support the concept of small businesses, and I appreciate the service that Jeff provides.

Description of Work
Cleaned my septic filter, advised me on proper maintenance of the septic system and recommended changes in the design of my water conditioner backflow system.

02/10/2014

SKY E.

Jeff Dixon was terrific! I thought I needed a new system but he said all it needed was pumping out. He was prompt when contacting me and came out right away. Very friendly, honest and helpful. It was a pleasure doing business with him. I will most definitely call his services again!

Description of Work
pumped out septic tank

01/07/2014

Eric V.

Jeff was great. I called around 9am, and he said he'd be out around 11:30. He showed up on time. He gave me some tips about maintaining the system.

Description of Work
Pumped septic tank.

09/29/2013

John S.

Jeff was very thorough and courteous. This is the second time I have employed his services, and I plan on calling him again the next time I need to have this done.

Description of Work
Pumped the septic tank

06/20/2013

Ed S.

I had an excellent experience with them. They were fantastic. He was very thorough to get to the point that he actually discovered another tank that nobody else have ever discovered that was there that needed to be cleaned. He was very knowledgeable. He instructed me how to maintain the system.

Description of Work
I used Clean Septic Tank Service to clean my septic tank.

06/04/2013

VICTOR L.

My alarm for my septic tank went off around 7 PM. Not knowing what to do, I called Clean Septic Tank Service for advice. Since it was well after business hours, there was no-one there, so I left a message. Within half an hour I got a call from Mr Jeff Dixon, who left me a message detailing how to turn off the very noisy alarm, and how to check the breaker box, to possibly avoid a service call. After turning off the alarm noise and checking the breaker box, I called Mr Dixon the next morning. He scheduled a same day service call to empty the tank (I had forgotten about it, and it was several years overdue) and to investigate whether that was the cause or whether there were additional problems, such as pump failure. I had to be absent that afternoon, but Mr Dixon came out, cleaned the tank, found no additional problems after testing the pump and checking everything else. When the job was completed, He called me on my mobile phone, as requested, told me what he had done, and the charge was exactly as quoted for the cleaning. There was no charge for adjusting the float switch and testing the system. He left me a complete bill, and a free year's supply of septic tank treatment. I was delighted with the timely and helpful response I got to my initial call, and the promptness of the cleaning service call. I had had a tank cleaning from this company in 2009 and was very happy then, and am very happy now. I will certainly keep using this company, and recommend them very highly.

Description of Work
Cleaned septic tank, adjusted float switch, left free 1 year supply of bio-tab septic treatment.

04/06/2013

James R.

After hearing some distressing sounds from our toilets in the middle of the night, having some difficulties flushing them in the morning (and having out-of-state relatives staying with us for the weekend), I began to regret that it had been a long time since we had our septic tank cleaned. I called some friends to see if they had the names of anybody who serviced septic systems. They didn't. It was a Saturday morning so I joined Angie's List to search. I found two well-reviewed companies. I called one but got an answering machine. I called Jeff and he answered the phone. And I'm lucky he did. He came when he said he would. He figured out where the tank is located. (I said it had been a while since I had the tank cleaned. . . ) He carefully removed the ground cover and stepping stones over the tank. He dealt with a couple of obstacles getting the tank opened and getting the hose to the tank. He was thorough in his work. He was professional in his dealings with me. He didn't charge anything more because he was working on a Saturday. He honored the coupon we found via Angie's List. And he gave us a free year's supply of a septic system maintenance product. All in all, a great experience.

Description of Work
Cleaned our septic tank

03/18/2013

Hilda D.

This was a routine cleaning and Clean Septic Tank Service did the job quickly and neatly. Very professional.

Description of Work
Pumped the septic tank. He arrived when he said he would and covered the dig site neatly. Also he has a hose long enough so he didn't have to drive onto the lawn at all. Getting ready to call him again this year.

03/05/2013

Thomas W.

Great job by Jeff... We've used him before and will use him again..

Description of Work
Septic system inspected and cleaned.

03/05/2013

William M T.

They did a good job. Unfortunately, they cut through a drain line but it was just off the roof type of thing. I called them back for that and they charged me $25 for coming back out to fix something that was their mistake. That didn't make me happy but they had worked for me before so I knew what they were capable of and what they do. I knew what other people were charging and they came in good with their price. Other than going through the pipeline, everything was good and they did everything they were supposed to do.

Description of Work
I used Clean Septic Tank Service to repair a septic tank distribution box, they put that in, and they made a new line and covered it all up.

02/11/2013

Maryanne R.

The septic system was not working correctly. We called Jeff (who we have used before) and although he was very busy, said that he would come over as soon as he could. He can within 3 hours after we spoke with him, diagnosed the problem and came back later in the afternoon to fix the problem. He is reliable, does a good job and we will always call him first to deal with our septic system.

Description of Work
Excellent

12/12/2012

SCOTT H.

Awesome from start to finish -- we will be using Jeff for a long time.

Description of Work
Jeff came out and inspected our septic system from top to bottom and gave us advice on how to care for it. Several weeks later our pump alarm activated at 8:30 p.m. I called Jeff at that time and he immediately called me back ... again this was 8:30 in the evening. He gave me a few things to look for and assured me that it was not an emergency and he would be out first thing in the morning to repair it. He arrived promptly in the morning and went to work -- turned out we needed a new septic pump (ours was 12 years old). Jeff ordered the part and came back the following afternoon to install it. Throughout the process he explained everything he was doing and reassured us that we were not at risk of flooding/backing up the system, etc. Very helpful.

11/03/2012

Corinne K.

Very well. He came within a day of our call, and spent quite a bit of time with us, explaining options if the lines were becoming clogged due to tree roots over the years.

Description of Work
He cleaned out our septic tank, and spent a lot of time discussing possible septic field drainage problems with my husband. He was thorough and very informative.

02/22/2012

Elaine H.

Went well, He helped me understand the process of dialing 811 and getting the lines marked. He showed when he said he would and did the job in the price range quoted (actually lower than quoted).

Description of Work
Jeff Dixon with Clean Septic was extremely professional. This price included a septic clean out (which was due) ,repair of a partial septic line that was blocked by tree roots and replumbing of broken clean-out pvc pipe. Also included a years supply of monthly septic treatment (Ridx comprable).

04/01/2011

judith N.

It went very well. Jeff arrived when he said he would, and performed the service we required. He was extra helpful in answering my questions about septic systems, in general, and more specifically, about local regulations and county government contact numbers for future reference. He seemed very much a part of this community and interested in all of our welfare.

Description of Work
Checked and pumped out septic tank at house we just purchased.

09/29/2010

TONI M.

Jeff was very professional. We called him Friday and he was at our house on Monday. He showed us how to clean the filter to avoid having the same problem in the future, which is impressive since it is saving us money in the long run instead of making him more money. The alternative would have been for us to call him every 6 months. We are new to septic systems and he gave us many pointers to keep it running efficiently.

Description of Work
Jeff pumped out our septic tank and cleaned our filter, due to us being negligent in cleaning the filter, which caused an overflow with our septic system.

09/22/2010

jamaal S.

They came out the same day that I called, which was good, and they cleaned out my septic tank. They did a good job and they solved the problems. They were in and out pretty quickly and I think their price was about average. They explained what was going on and why I was having problems. I would definitely call them again.

Description of Work
I called Clean Septic Tank Service to clean my septic tank.

Squared Corners Construction

We specialize in excavating, lot/land clearing, demo, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

LCH masonry

Providing quality care to your home or business. LCH Masonry specializes in brickwork, stone, pavers, concrete (walkways, patios, driveways, etc), block work, stucco, pressure washing and more. Want that retaining wall built? Give us a call! Looking for a stone walkway or fireplace? Give us a call! We can handle any job from one brick to a million!

Dr Drain Plumbing

For more than 25 years Dr. Drain Plumbing has provided fast, reliable and guaranteed service for all types of plumbing needs. From plumbing repairs, septic repairs and wells to the installation of complete plumbing systems. We can handle it! We are one of the few plumbing companies with a full one year on all parts and labor guarantee. That alone tells you your plumbing troubles are over. Dr. Drain Plumbing is locally owned & Vet owned operated by Ted Bunnell. Ted has is a part of every job and is available to every customer before, during and after the job. We're the Triangle region's residential and light commercial plumbing repair and installation experts. You can expect our service team to be professional and courteous, to always make sure your questions are answered and to do the highest quality work. Discounts available for teachers, seniors, military, police and firemen (id required and no combining offers).

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Plumbing. Septic tank service - cleaning, inspection, repair & installation. Excavating