CertaPro Painters of Durham

Founded 2006 • With Angi since July 2007

4310 Bennett Memorial Rd Suite 104-B

Durham, NC 27705

Additional phones - (800) 462-3782, (919) 810-7821, (919) 806-2244. Award winning. Additional DBA- CertaPro Painters Ltd, D & K Property Services LLC. Independently owned & operated. Additional web - www.paintingthetriangle.com.

03/06/2020

Glenn B.

It was good! The salesperson worked well. They were the one who recommended Cedar Grove Maintenance as they spotted a rotten wood.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

09/25/2017

Paul S.

Certa Pro of Durham has done two different jobs for me in the last two years. They did a great job and were professional. I will use them again.

Description of Work
Painted 3 interior rooms.

09/07/2017

Ann T.

Excellent. They were able to remedy the improper work and I am very pleased with the result.

Description of Work
Baseboard trim painting to correct improper work done by another company

09/06/2017

Cindi E.

Painting crew that was here did a great job. Very responsive. Issues between scheduling and instructions given to front office. Delayed the start of the job 1 week, and only gave 1 day notice when finally scheduling. Did not convey instructions to crew that we requested. Waiting for a refund of trim paint charge, since we supplied the paint. Also did not give us the discount advertised.

Description of Work
Repaint master bathroom walls and baseboard. Touch up areas in the rest of the house.

11/14/2016

Paul D.

Very unique estimate performed by Sarah including a portfolio of pictures where repair & pointing would be done. She arrived at the appointed time, was very thorough identifying areas in need of repair, explained the painting process (brushed, not sprayed), and all products to be used for the project. Price was not the cheapest, but very competitive for the expected quality of work. Though not chosen to do this particular job, because of other repair work I needed done, I would definitely select CeraPro/Sarah for future painting work on my home.

Description of Work
Exterior trim & window painting for large brick house.

Category pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

11/10/2016

Marge D.

Initial spraying to popcorn ceiling was a disaster! The next morning half of the popcorn had fallen off the ceiling. Project manager and owner both came to inspect and trouble shoot the problem. They had never seen that happen before and thought there may be a problem with the sheet rock. I thought there may have been a problem with the experience of the painters. They heard our concern and agreed to have a different crew come to redo. It involved scraping the popcorn paint off the entire ceiling and respraying. That meant a brand new paint job- not a cover up. There was no additional charge to us. It all looks great and they were great at communicating throughout.

Description of Work
Spraying paint onto existing popcorn ceiling in living room; repair of popcorn ceiling in bathroom and respray; paint walls in bathroom; paint 2 exterior doors; touch up painting on several walls.

09/02/2016

Jim H.

The estimator/sales person was very professional and knowledgeable, as was her manager. Part way through the project we discovered a complication with the paint adhering to the siding, and they were very reasonable in helping to work through it. The crew was very conscientious and friendly. With all this I would say the project went very well.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

09/02/2016

Jim H.

Very Well!!! The staff of Certa-Pro are professional, knowledgable, friendly, helpful, courteous, and accommodating. Definitely appreciate their service and work product. Have used them several times over the past two years with great results.

Description of Work
Interior painting

04/17/2016

Mary H.

Certa Pro has an excellent process for creating a detailed proposal with photos which was unique among the quotes we got. Sarah, the estimator, did a good job of communicating about choices and issues and proposing solutions. Eddie's crew was prompt and reliable and easy to work with, and they did a fine job with a lot of detailed prep and painting. We ran into a major, undetected area of wood rot behind the siding during the job and Sarah intervened to get an appropriate contractor in to fix the problem immediately---we were very grateful for the help. I would use them again!

Description of Work
Complete repainting of exterior including three porches with a lot of trim and columns.

Category decks, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

02/11/2016

Mary Kimberly C.

The work was excellent. Sarah Chumbley was very helpful and prompt with quotes and getting a date to start. Eddie and his brothers were prompt, helpful and knowledgeable, and did an amazing job! And they were very careful when painting. I would highly recommend CertaPro of Durham!

Description of Work
Painted the master bath walls and trim. Primed and painted replacement windows.

Category woodworking, interior painters

01/14/2016

Mary P.

Throughout the process, the foreman of the crew (Alejandro) made certain that we were informed about the progress of the project and about what would happen next. The administrative office representative called frequently to check on the progress being made and to make certain that we were sartisfied. The crew was thorough and professional throughout. We are pleased with the improvement it made to the appearance of the exterior of our home. We will call Certain Pro again when we need a painting contractor.

Description of Work
Certa Pro painted the exterior of our home, replaced light fixtures, and repaired and replaced wood trim. It looks so beautiful that We still are getting comments from friends about how beautiful our house looks.

Category woodworking, house painters, interior painters

11/09/2015

kathryn W.

I recently purchased my home and hired CertaPro to paint my home. The house had several dark places on the ceiling from the fireplace and many holes in the walls from the previous owner's pictures and art. The walls are texturized so the crew needed to do the repairs, scrape loose paint, and match the texture before priming and painting. From the beginning, this organization was incredibly professional. From the estimate to the prepping and painting, they always kept me informed and offered options for improvement. My home looks brand new now and you would never know that it needed so much work beforehand! They were punctual, polite, and very, very neat and clean. They are sticklers for attention to detail...which makes the perfect painters! Would definitely use them again! Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Repaired and prepped all surfaces, primed and painted most of the interior.

08/31/2015

Stan C.

We can't say enough about the professionalism, skill, and reliability of the entire corporation. The office gave us timely advisories of scheduling and kept us apprised of other pertinent information. And the crew, led by Daniel Toledo, was skilled, friendly, and dedicated to the point of perfectionism. They worked steadily and cleaned up after every day's work. Daniel was especially delightful to work with, consulting with us, informing us of issues that occasionally arose, and offering suggestions about color coordination which we invariably accepted, to our satisfaction. It's hard for me to imagine a more satisfying experience with painting contractors. The total price was high, but the results warranted it.

Description of Work
Recommended a maintenance contractor to repair damages to exterior of our house. That completed, CertaPro primed, caulked, and otherwise prepped the exterior, then over one week painted all the siding and trim. Then, over nearly three weeks a crew of three painted the entire interior, including closets; that involved removing wallpaper from two rooms.

Category house painters, interior painters

06/30/2015

Nora P.

Very professional. Always on time. Did an excellent job with no mess or spills.

Description of Work
Painted interior of house

06/16/2015

Ed S.

We went with this company as they had great ratings although a little pricier. The work was performed in a timely fashion and the crew that did the job was professional and courteous. I liked the warranty that was offered and thought the extra cost would be worth it. We have some settling and some repair work was needed at the wall and ceiling transition. I was hoping that the repair would be long term. The crew that did the repair said they would come back if it happened again during the warranty. We did have an issue about 8 months later. Some cracks reappeared and some repair tape separated from the wall. I was confident we could have it looked at with the warranty. Some photos were taken when we had them out for an estimate on more work that we needed. The sales rep said the owner declined to repair anything and said it was all due to settling. Maybe the repair should have been done differently? I don't know, I'm not knowledgeable when it comes to this type of work. But we were given the estimate on the other work and was asked when we wanted that done. Ahhh...no thanks. So I will have to get it repaired and painted again from someone who can perhaps better evaluate what's going on and maybe try another route when repairing. So, good job by CertaPro on the initial work. Warranty seems a judgement call by the owner so you will have to decide the value of that.

Description of Work
Repair of some ceiling cracks from settling. Also ceiling and room painting

Category interior painters

We are glad that you were pleased with the initial work. Unfortunately, when repairing settling cracks, there is no way to guarantee that the cracks will not reappear. The forces at play that cause settling cracks are much stronger than the materials available to fix them cosmetically. After seeing this review, we have reached out to the member to see if there is any further assistance we can provide.

05/30/2015

Mitzi K.

CertaPro did a great job. From estimation through follow up call to double check that were we happy with the work. They were prompt, cleaned up after themselves and did the work in the expected timeframe. The work they did was top notch. We were very pleased with the job the did and would use them again. They were very good about calling to follow up on how the job was going and to make sure we were happy. Excellent customer service!

Description of Work
Power wash, repairs and painting exterior house

Category pressure washing, interior painters

04/07/2015

Ryan C.

Estimator Charlotte was awesome and very professional. Felt like she really took time for estimate and did extra steps to ensure full service. Painters were clean and professional. Did a great job.

Description of Work
Interior painting

02/18/2015

Robert D.

It was good. The detail work was pretty good.

Description of Work
Interior painting.

Category interior painters

This review was posted in error by a member located in another state and for whom we have no record of ever working. We have notified Angie's List of these facts and been informed by Angie's List that they will not remove the review from our profile without hearing directly from the member. We attempted to contact the member to ask him to notify Angie's List to have this review removed from our profile, but we never received a response from the member.

02/03/2015

Donna V.

I was so impressed with my,team. Before starting they went over my paint selection, explained the process and ask if there was a specific time I needed them to leave for the day. Throughout the day they were efficient, quiet, professional and super neat. At the end of the day, they throughly cleaned everything including my hard wood floors, rehung my,blinds and drapes and put all my furniture back. What a great experience and the house looks beautiful!

Description of Work
They painted my two story living room, stairwell and upstairs hallway.

09/02/2014

Susan W.

The painter was very professional and neat

Description of Work
Painted 2 story foyer and upper hallway.

07/17/2014

David P.

Daniel and his crew were great! They did a nice job pressure washing the entire exterior, and even washed our deck chairs for us. Took their time and did quality work, but even so, they completely washed, prepped, repaired (and there were quite a few wood/masinite repairs) and painted quickly, in 4 days, as quoted. Extremely pleased with the result, and the attention to detail the crew showed. House looks new again! Clean up was just as professional; you'd never know they were here - no mess, residue, just a good looking house! They worked with us on our punch list until we were satisfied with the smallest detail. Impressive. Thank you, CertaPro Durham,I will call on you again, for sure!

Description of Work
Complete exterior repaint of Hardie Plank, soffits and facia (wood and Masonite), exterior steel doors, wrought iron railings, etc. Basically everything but the gutters and garage door.

Category house painters, interior painters

07/10/2014

Allison H.

They arrived on time, were clean, finished early and did an excellent job. They were polite and professional. I was very, very pleased.

Description of Work
They painted my living room and family room and power washed my deck.

Category pressure washing, interior painters

06/04/2014

sean M.

They did very well. I would use them again. They were professional. They came out and walked me through and helped me with recommendations. They were very thorough. They also completed the job exactly when they said they would.

Description of Work
You called to paint the interior of my entire house.

06/03/2014

Sam & Vilma M.

They did a great job, would definitely recommend them. They kept us informed of the schedule, and once they started work, they didn't stop until the job was completed. Very friendly, quiet and kept the job site clean.

Description of Work
Pressure washed and painted decks and wood siding, and painted storm doors, door frames, post and windows

Category interior painters

Immediately upon seeing this review, our owner contacted this prospective customer to apologize for our sales associate's not having returned their most recent phone call. Our sales associate had spent considerable time working with this customer over the course of several weeks in the late summer and fall last year, updating our proposal several times to meet the customer's needs on what is a unique project for this area. By the time the customer had finalized certain decisions regarding the project in the late fall, weather conditions would not have been favorable for the particular products required on this house. Although we could not schedule the work this spring until the customer signed the proposal, we absolutely should have been more proactive in communicating with this customer to finalize the paperwork this spring so that the project could be scheduled. Our owner has since met in person with the customer to review the proposal again and make additional changes per the customer's request. We are optimistic that the customer will be ready to proceed shortly and look forward to completing this project as soon as we receive the go-ahead from the customer.

03/17/2014

Harry J.

I like this company because they are very professional and did a great job. They did not have any unexpected issues to occur.

Description of Work
They painted the exterior of my house.

Paz Painting

With over 25 years of experience we provide quality service in painting, pressure washing, and handyman services. Thank you for your consideration.

Offers by Paz Painting  on Angi
    Express Yourself Paint

Express Yourself Paint is the Triangle's premier repaint specialist. We hate average and love fantastic! We only do repaints so we consistently leave our customers with a paint job to show off to their friends and neighbors while leaving their furnishings clean and beautiful. We offer a complete line of services. We carry full liability and workers compensation insurance on everyone working at your home. We have a top notch team of designers, knowledgeable sales persons, professional management and true craftsmen to perform your work. We apply the best products from all the major coating manufacturers and pick the best products for your project. We are accredited by the BBB and our customers grade us on each project. Call an average contractor or call Express Yourself Paint and find out how hard we work for our 5 star rating from our customers. We are so confident we guarantee you will love the results before we accept your final payment.

Anderson Painting and Power Washing

Anderson Painting & Power Washing is a family owned and operated business. We are fully licensed and insured. We adhere to a customer service guarantee, expect the highest of standards in our work,and complete a final walk through with the customer before the job is complete. A 2 year warranty applies to all exterior painting that we complete. We are a lead removal and renovation certified company. Contact us for a free estimate!

Offers by Anderson Painting and Power Washing on Angi

We provide interior and exterior painting of residential and commercial structures, including pressure washing prior to exterior painting. We also perform minor carpentry repairs, minor sheetrock repairs, wallpaper and popcorn ceiling texture removal, and application of faux finishes.

N/A