B and S Painting and Home Improvements

Founded 2000 • With Angi since May 2010

109 Wayfield Ave

Durham, NC 27713

Hi, my name is Claudio Hortoneda and I started B and S Home Improvement in 2000. I have a wealth of knowledge and experience in all facets of home painting and remodeling and would love to show you what I can do. In addition to all of my real world experience helping homeowners like you, we're

07/18/2020

Randy K.

Excellent result. Would hire this company again for any household remodeling/contracted work needed. Superb reliability and competitive pricing, very dependable and responsive.

Description of Work
Replace outdoor deck

Category decks, remodeling

07/18/2019

Jane M.

Claudio was a pleasure to work with and was great about keeping me informed about the progress on the project. We had to replace a large rotted deck (about 600 sq feet) and take out a permit to do the work. He worked well with the inspectors to follow all their many guidelines so that it passed inspection. The deck is extremely sturdy and well built. He also repaired a considerable amount of rotted wood around and under the house. He was very reasonable both in workmanship, quality, and price. At the end of the job, he cleaned up the whole yard so it was immaculate. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Large deck replacement and carpentry work repairing rotten wood

Category contractors, decks, siding, house painters

Thanks [Member Name Removed], was a pleasure working for you

04/05/2019

Ricardo S.

Very well! He is very professional and really good on the details. Next project I know where to go. Job performance great Job management great Work right on my budget

Description of Work
Bathroom Remolding the whole thing

Category home remodeling, interior painters

01/29/2019

Jean Paul M.

We called Claudio after reading a very good review in nextdoor.com from one of our neighbors. We were very pleased from the very first visit and assessment, so we quickly decided to contract B&S Home Improvement to redo from scratch our two 80s main bathrooms. Claudio and his crew are very easy and pleasant working with, providing ideas all the way, overcoming everyday challenges, very professionals, punctual and clean. The end result is amazing, we now have our dream bathrooms. Because of him, we will have to remodel the rest of the house to match up the bathrooms :-)

Description of Work
Bathrooms remodeling

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

03/20/2018

Frederick M.

They were prompt and very fast, and worked professionally. Claudio was very helpful and offered many suggestions to help the whole process. Our house sold quickly because of their good work. I list of all we wanted done was made on a free estimate and all accomplished well.

Description of Work
Interior painting, shower replacement, Drywall repair, Kitchen cabinets painting, Kitchen vinyl replaced, counter-top replacement

Category countertops, drywall, pressure washing, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

12/20/2017

James L.

We moved into a new home and wanted to screen in our deck. Claudio is honest, dependable, neat and communicates during the whole project. His price was fair but most importantly the end result exceeded my expectations. I go to Claudio for all my home improvement needs. I recommend his services with pride. Don't hesitate to call him.

Description of Work
Added roof and screened in the exsisting Deck

Category decks, deck cleaning

12/06/2017

Raymond H.

Fantastic. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
I had some roof repairs and replacement done - going from a nominally flat roof to a pitched roof over my porch. B & S did a great job.

Category roofing, house painters, sunrooms

10/21/2017

John D.

Excellent work. Punctual. Attention to detail. Very pleased with all aspects of the job. Thought the price was very fair considering Claudio had an assistant and Claudio's wife even joined them to help for most of the day.

Description of Work
Painting interior den, dining area and kitchen. Did all necessary preparation prior to painting. Claudio was a pleasure to work with.

08/30/2017

TYRON E.

07/18/2017

bob W.

Very good. Did all we ok well

Description of Work
Drywall and roof repair

04/30/2017

Suzie W.

I am a general contractor. Most of my projects are renovations and Claudio and his team have painted several houses for me, both interior and exterior. They even do small drywall installs and repairs. They have also powerwashed and stained a few decks. Claudio always does great work. He is courteous, fun to work with and has a can-do attitude. Anytime I have needed something extra or out of the ordinary, it's no big deal for him. He says no problem, then gets it done. Nobody smokes on the job and they all clean up the work area at the end of each day. There was one job where he was overbooked and understaffed but he discussed the problem with me and in the end he made everything right. The true test of professional and personal character in this or any business is not fully reflected in a job that goes smoothly, but in one where problems arise. Claudio has proven his character and integrity time and again. I will continue to use him and recommend him to others. Oh yes - he has installed tile flooring and done textured ceilings for me as well. Both looked great!

Description of Work
Interior and exterior painting including some drywall repairs. Deck washing and staining.

04/20/2017

Erika H.

He was on time, fast, and took the initiative to make decisions and get the job done right while we were at work. I was really impressed by the thoughtful care he took to move all furniture, do great prep work, and flawless painting. This was a big job, but he was able to complete it with a crew member in 3 days.

Description of Work
We hired Claudio to repaint all the trim, doors, and special areas of our 3000 sqft home.

Hope G.

The job was completed quickly and neatly. The attention to detail is fantastic! Claudio offers suggestions to ensure the final product meets expectations but doesn't "break the bank."

Description of Work
Claudio and his team replaced wood on porches, scraped and sanded the large porch columns and doors and painted everything.

Category house painters

Hope G.

Claudio and his team did an outstanding job! We couldn't have been happier with the results. He is responsive to texts and emails, provides timely quotes and does exceptional work. I continue to recommend him to friends!

Description of Work
We needed numerous handyman jobs complete including ceiling repair, masonry step repair, painting, tile floor installation and closet door replacement.

Category ceramic tile, interior painters

Betty Kay M.

They got it done.

Description of Work
Mount new hardware and rehang kitchen doors, mount new hardware to drawers. Paint was damaged when they drilled their holes. Also did very small amount of floor molding. Took 8 manhours

Category home remodeling

02/14/2017

Joan H.

The lovely painters, led by Claudio, moved quickly, quietly and professionally. They even clean upped after themselves. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
B & S Painting worked on the interior of my very old farmhouse. They beautifully repaired drywall, dealt with window problems, and painted neatly.

02/14/2017

Joan H.

Excellent. Claudio and his crew are very professional, punctual and do quality work.

Description of Work
Exterior painting including very old two-story columns and old bead porch ceilings on outdoor porches.

Category house painters

08/31/2016

David L.

Claudio did a super terrific job. The job makes the entire house look brand new. His drywall and painting skills are flawless. In addition, he is a pleasure to work with - he came on time, finished the job on time, and was very flexible to work with. His price was also very good. I would recommmend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Drywall and painting the entire ceiling of our house

Category remodeling, interior painters

08/27/2016

Brian W.

I've used Claudio and his team at B&S for interior and exterior painting projects and they deliver the highest quality result every time. I would highly recommend B&S for any painting project no matter the size.

Description of Work
Painted the exterior of my house.

Category house painters, interior painters

08/25/2016

Barbara J.

B and S home improvement always provides excellent service and quality work. They painted the interior of my home, which has cathedral ceilings. They were able to complete the work in a day and the look was fantastic!

Description of Work
Interior painting

08/25/2016

Barbara J.

Claudio did an amazing job on both the kitchen and bathroom remodel. He put in a custom tile shower with a bench. The tile work was extensive both in the bathroom and kitchen and was expertly done. Claudio has excellent taste and took my ideas and made them look far better then what I had envisioned.

Description of Work
Bathroom and kitchen remodel

Category home remodeling

04/04/2016

unique H.

The job came out great. Claudio even fixed a few things a different contractor messed up. He provided great insight and feedback. He was punctual, courteous and kept me in the loop on how the job was going the entire time. His work is pristine and his prices are very fair.

Description of Work
Claudio renovated two bathrooms for us. His tile work was very impressive! He is extremely good at his job and is my go to contractor.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

Exceptional Painting

Ask about our Kitchen Cabinet Painting Promotion! Exceptional Painting has consistently provided guaranteed customer service and quality control for all Painting Services since 1995. When you need quality, top-notch painting, count us in for the highest caliber customer service! Our number one focus is you, the customer, your personal belongings, your family and children. We have daughters and sons also, and we understand that we are in your home, and how important that is to you. We are a very detailed painting company; and I personally believe in setting expectations before we start, and thru out the process, for a stress less and great experience. We hope to hear from you soon- you can text me personally anytime, 919-730-0996 cell

Justin Painting and Drywall LLC

painting for residential and commercial houses

Express Yourself Paint

Express Yourself Paint is the Triangle's premier repaint specialist. We hate average and love fantastic! We only do repaints so we consistently leave our customers with a paint job to show off to their friends and neighbors while leaving their furnishings clean and beautiful. We offer a complete line of services. We carry full liability and workers compensation insurance on everyone working at your home. We have a top notch team of designers, knowledgeable sales persons, professional management and true craftsmen to perform your work. We apply the best products from all the major coating manufacturers and pick the best products for your project. We are accredited by the BBB and our customers grade us on each project. Call an average contractor or call Express Yourself Paint and find out how hard we work for our 5 star rating from our customers. We are so confident we guarantee you will love the results before we accept your final payment.

Interior & Exterior Painting, Tile, Countertops, Flooring, Siding, Decks, Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom Remodeling - Basements, Pressure Washing

Landscaping