ARS / Rescue Rooter Durham

Founded 1976 • With Angi since June 2006

4.4

5200 Old Chapel Hill Rd

Durham, NC 27707

For fast and exceptional service for all of your heating, cooling or plumbing needs, call us now: 919-213-4738! ARS / Rescue Rooter Raleigh/Durham provides professional air conditioning, heating, and plumbing services. We require background checks & drug tests on all employees. Emergency service available 24/7! License # 19719, 31710...

04/12/2021

Charles V.

I have definite mixed feeling about ARS. On the one hand, they did sell us our heat pump (Goodman) around a decade ago, and we have used them since for routine and emergency service. The service / repair technicians are always polite and knowledgeable. They also, however, always try to sell us something. For years it was various upgrades to the system that they were trying to get us to purchase (UV light, media filter, Nest thermostat, etc.), and in recent years it has shifted to their repeatedly recommending that we buy a new system to replace the 10-year-old one. We know that the system is somewhere near its end of life, but we hope that the regular maintenance it received will give it a few more years. In any case, the strong-arm sales tactics have come to be expected. On their most recent preventative service call, however, they went a bit too far. The technician recommended replacing the contactor and defrost circuit board on the compressor, saying that to do both would cost around $1450. We declined, and after he left, I opened the unit and identified the two parts in question. I was able to purchase both parts for less than $50, and replacing them both took no more than 30 minutes. Now I fully expect a repair company to be able to make a profit on their work, but even if you estimate that the labor cost plus wear-and-tear cost on their vehicle would have been $100, that still means they would have raked in $1300 profit had I gone with them. To me, that's insulting. All in all, if you want peace of mind and have cash to spare, go with them, but caveat emptor.

Description of Work
Heat pump servicing

10/09/2019

Jim F.

It went well! I have no complaints about their services at all. They were very easy to work with and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed a new A/C unit

05/24/2019

Margot R.

We have a less than two-year-old system, has been working fine, decided to get some basic maintenance yesterday. First of all, the scheduled appointment was 9-11am. We finally called at noon, and they said that WE had changed the time (nope) and our window was now 1-3pm. Our technician, Christian I think, barely made it at 3pm. He did work outside of the scope agreed upon and charged us more than was expected, while not completing the work we asked for. He claimed our system needs $4k in repairs, and would send an itemized quote that night. We called around noon today because we hadn't seen it; got a fair bit of guff from Jeff on the phone for calling and asking for what was both promised and late. We received a very unprofessional list, without explanations of what was each item was for. Looked like a screenshot of their internal programming rather than an invoice. As mentioned earlier, our AC was working fine yesterday. It is currently 83 degrees in my house. I am hesitant to believe that someone would do something to make our system fail, but it seems like very odd timing. Another company will be here in the morning. No point in trusting a company that has tardy, dishonest, rude, possibly incompetent staff. Only positive, if you can call it that, is that they made a next-day appointment.

Description of Work
HVAC spring check up

01/01/2019

John C.

We did not feel comfortable with them. Their quote started out at $9,000 then they gave us a $1,600 buy back for our existing unit and some other discounts that brought the quote down to $7,000 for a 3.5 ton heat pump and furnace. They quoted us a Rheem unit and told us this was the only brand and unit that would work in our home. The rep did not want to leave when we told him we would think about it. He seemed very pushy and called the next day to ask us if we made a decision. We have since gotten two more quotes, one for a Trane unit and one for an American Standard unit and both were less with no discounts.

Description of Work
Replace HVAC ssytem

07/13/2018

Warnetta H.

They did a really good job. Did pretty well.

Description of Work
They did A/C tune up.

12/16/2017

Alan D P.

From the woman answering the telephone to schedule the appointment through the end of the plumber's visit, everything was extraordinarily professional. I was telephoned twice to let me know more precisely when the plumber would arrive. Upon arrival, the plumber examined the situation and provided a written estimate. He took extreme care to keep everything as clean and orderly as possible, and he did not become frustrated when a seemingly simple job ended up requiring 2 hours to unplug the line. I was very impressed by the service from beginning to end, and I plan to use ARS Rescue Rooter the next time we need a plumber.

Description of Work
Our only bathroom sink drain was occluded.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, drain cleaning

12/06/2017

nelson P.

I know ARS does good work but it was very overpriced. wanted over $700 to fix - outrageous. Water heater was in warranty and they did not mentioned the parts could come free from warranty. I found out separately and got parts for free then had PSNC do the work for $90.

Description of Work
gas leak in water heater

Category water heater repair

07/11/2017

Sam H.

Good work, price, and demeanor. Plumber had to retrofit drain and shut-off valves, and didn't complain! They even called to say they could come earlier, and did.

Description of Work
Replace leaking lavatory faucet

Category plumbing

06/16/2017

George E.

The quotation was a fair price (1 1/2 Ton Rheem system). Installation was very good, installers were prompt, very professional.

Description of Work
Upstairs HAVC unit needed replacing.

05/18/2017

June M.

They are prompt, professional, and take care of any issues.

Description of Work
I have a service agreement for my furnace and ac.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

ARS would like to thank you for the opportunity to serve you as a valued customer your feedback is important.

05/16/2017

Mary F.

Very pleased! Prompt, very good job, left things clean

Description of Work
Spring Service on HVAC purchased from them

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

ARS would like to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you, as a valued customer your feedback is important to us.

05/12/2017

Deb C.

Two hours after they left, we notice smoke coming from the unit and realized they rewired the unit incorrectly after they cleaned it. They gave us a hard time when we called them back and then they tried to charge us for them to fix it.

Description of Work
They worked on our heat and air conditioner system. They were just servicing the system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

ARS would like to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you as a valued customer your feedback concerning your experience is important to us.

04/25/2017

Laura B.

They have a maintenance contract with us, so they do preventive maintenance on both of my heat pumps, on a seasonal basis. They just got done doing it this season for the Summer and then they do it again in the Fall as part of the maintenance contract. And then if I call them I get expedited service and a discount. We did have our heat go out at a particularly cold time of year when there was a big cold snap, and the typical delay for getting work done on your heat pump was in the week, two week period before anybody could come out because it was so busy. They showed up within three days because of the contract. They did what they needed to do, they got it up and running, and I had heat. I've been using them for almost fifteen, twenty years. Everything they said, they did, and it turned out wonderfully. The workers are very professional, knowledgeable, and well-trained. I use them for all my heating and air conditioning. They always get it fixed, and they always get it fixed in a timely and efficient manner. I'm kind of reluctant to give A's on some things because it's unrealistic.

Description of Work
This was for routine maintenance on two heat pumps.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for your review, [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate your being a loyal customer and your welcoming us into your home. We are proud to hear about your experience with our technicians. Thank you for always choosing ARS / Rescue Rooter! We truly appreciate you!

04/24/2017

Cheryl R.

It took them one day to install the new boiler. There were a few workers that came out to complete this job. They left the area clean once they finished. They replaced the gas pack for the heating and air unit (it's the whole unit)t; and they installed a tankless water heater We use them for our plumbing and electrical services.

Description of Work
They came out to replace the boiler.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], thank you for sharing your experience. ARS / Rescue Rooter strives to provide each customer with an exceptional service experience. We appreciate the opportunity to come into your home and service its needs. Should you need our services again in the future, please don't hesitate to call. Thank you for choosing ARS / Rescue Rooter!

03/21/2017

Dana Q.

I don’t really have anything to compare the price with.

Description of Work
I have a regular contractor ARS, they come out every 6 months. They come out in the spring and then in the fall. That is what they have been doing for years. This last time I paid them about $500, because they did the inspection and made some repairs. They inspected everything and look for any problems. Then they found something that needed to be done to the heat pump. I pay them a regular amount to come every 6 months and then I paid them for making repairs to heat pump.

03/21/2017

Sacha P.

Fine...I just do not like the 'hard sell' tactics every time they visit to do a routine service, trying to sell me a new furnace/AC unit or whole-home air-purifier.

Description of Work
Routine service of AC & Gas-pack furnace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], thank you for taking time to share your feedback! ARS / Rescue Rooter is committed to providing the absolute best in service to each of our customers, and we are proud to hear about your experience with our staff. We do regret that you did not receive an overall exceptional service experience and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your experience. Please send us a private message with your contact information so that we can address this situation further, or, if you prefer, please call Corporate Customer Relations at 866-803-0879.

03/06/2017

Gloria S.

They are very professional, courteous, very knowledgeable. Found the problem quickly and fixed it. We were very satisfied.

Description of Work
My air conditioner went out. Something was leaking and he fixed it.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], thank you for sharing your experience. ARS Rescue Rooter strives to provide each customer with an exceptional service experience. We appreciate the opportunity to come into your home and service its needs. Should you need our services again in the future, please don't hesitate to call. Thank you for choosing ARS Rescue Rooter!

03/06/2017

Gloria S.

I had a maintenance agreement, it was free.

Description of Work
I used ARS. They did a service maintenance on it for the winter.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], thank you for sharing your experience. ARS/Rescue Rooter strives to provide each customer with an exceptional service experience. We appreciate the opportunity to come into your home and service its needs. Should you need our services again in the future, please don't hesitate to call. Thank you for choosing ARS/Rescue Rooter!

10/27/2016

Lucy Z.

I've been using them since I moved in. They have a real quick turnaround time. The price was excellent. The work was excellent. The workers were wonderful, they were excellent.

Description of Work
They came out a month ago to do my fall maintenance checkup.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for giving ARS the opportunity to serve you as a valued customer we appreciate your feed back.

09/13/2016

Patricia M.

They were super punctual, they came half an hour early. It was very professional and very punctual. I was very satisfied with the work.

Description of Work
They replaced the A/C unit.

07/02/2015

Micaela J.

Splendidly--new unit was able to be installed once the snow cleared enough, and has worked beautifully since.

Description of Work
My heat pump failed entirely just before our last crippling snow- and ice storm (23 February, 2015). ARS--and most especially Mr. Randy Graves--was willing to go the extra mile, and replace the entire unit, not just the particular failed part, for $200. But more importantly, he knew that I was sleeping my office, since I could not live in a house without heat in the dead of winter. Mr. Graves and his team were unfailingly willing to try to get the new unit installed under circumstances made terribly adverse by the weather. When weather proved too much to move quickly, he sent a technician to get my emergency heat working, in order to keep the house's pipes from freezing, at no charge. Mr. Graves even gave me his personal mobile number and constantly kept me up to date as we both watched how developments with snow, ice and plowing affected the timetable for replacing the heat pump (snow blocked the roads to my house, and my driveway, for a week). Whenever I got him on the phone, he reassured me the whole job would be done as soon as possible, and was very specific about how his staff would try to do that (so I knew his were not just empty words). His and his team's dedication was for me much needed balm during a trying time!

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Ms. [Member name], Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback. We are so pleased to hear about your rewarding experience with Randy and our company. Should you need further assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to call. Thank you for choosing ARS/Rescue Rooter! ARS/Rescue Rooter Customer Relations 866-803-0879

05/28/2015

Marta B.

Had them install Rheem system. This was a total lemon. Been having problem with the condenser coil in the Rheem system. It has to be replaced again. ARS was pleasant and prompt.

Description of Work
Install new HVAC system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], thank you for sharing your experience. We strive to provide each customer with an exceptional service experience. We would like to discuss your specific situation further. If you would please give our Quality Assurance Manager, Jackie, a call at 919 287 6490 it would be her pleasure to assist you in a resolution.

05/02/2015

Gail M.

The technician told me, first, that we were very low on refrigerant on our upstairs unit, which he said suggested that our coil had gone bad and needed replacement for an estimated cost of around $2700.00 However, he said that since replacing a coil was so expensive, we might want to opt to replace the whole unit and that he could set up an appointment with his sales manager to discuss terms and financing. Then he went on to check the downstairs unit and told me that it had the same problem. I began to doubt him as the downstairs unit was newer, and we had been using both units this spring already with no problems and the air had seemed to be well cooled. I tried to explain this to the tech and he became rude and interrupted me saying "please let me speak," because he said he needed to explain these problems to me so that I couldn't say, after he left, that he had "done something" to our units. I didn't know why he would say that, but it made me more wary, so I asked him to leave, whereupon he asked me again if i didn't want to meet with his sales rep. I said, "no," and he then left without giving me a copy of the estimate and invoice he had me sign for his visit. After he left, I called another area heat and air service company and they came out and told me that the caps had both been removed and left off of the refrigerant containers on both my units and some other parts had also been loosened which had allowed much of the refrigerant to escape. This second company did not find anything wrong with either unit, told me neither needed replacement, and refilled both with the refrigerant that had escaped, which is expensive, and cost over $700. I called ARS to ask for a copy of the invoice and estimate the tech failed to leave me. They said they would mail it. This was weeks ago and I've not received it. I called recently and asked for a manager so I could lodge a complaint and was routed to a voice mail box where I left a message and they have not returned my call.

Description of Work
We have a prepaid service contract and had them out to do an annual spring inspection of our air conditioning units.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

(removed member name), Thank you for sharing your experience. ARS/Rescue Rooter strives to provide an exceptional service experience to each of our customers. We apologize if we were unable to do so in this situation. Please allow us the opportunity to speak with you, so we may address any concerns you may have. One of our Customer Relations team members will be reaching out to you to discuss your specific situation. Should you rather call in at your convenience, our Corporate Customer Relations team can be reached at 866-803-0879. Thank you, ARS/Rescue Rooter Customer Relations 866-803-0879

04/26/2015

tiffany P.

The project manager, Chris S. was fairly new, by two weeks, as a project manager, so he was a bit timid. He explained the guarantees and equipment thoroughly. He contacted his manager a couple times to "try to get a better deal". If I'm being honest, it seemed like this was common practice to make the customer feel like they were being treated uniquely and were getting some "exceptional deal". In any case, as he reviewed equipment and pricing I researched the same to see what true costs were. I found I was paying approximately $1700 for labor. He also offered an air scrubber, priced at $2000 for $1000 installed. Another call to the manager, and the price was dropped to $450. Looks like this model sells for $395, so, not sure how they started at $2000. In either case, I was cool paying $450 as I considered I was paying $55 to have it installed. All good. Installers came promptly at 9am as scheduled and completed the work by 3pm. Installers were neat, kind, and thorough. They reviewed the equipment a bit... I could have used a better walk through, but I'm self sufficient and can research on my own, so I didn't stress.

Description of Work
Replace existing Condenser, Air handler and Thermostat. Install Air Scrubber.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

(removed member name), Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on our company. We are so pleased to hear about your experience selecting a new home comfort system. ARS/Rescue Rooter is a 100% Customer Satisfaction company, and we encourage you to reach out should you have any concerns with the service provided. We appreciate you choosing ARS/Rescue Rooter! ARS/Rescue Rooter Customer Relations 866-803-0879

03/24/2015

Doug C.

Very good. We usually do a one year contract. They are on time. They are professional. They give you a call to confirm things.

Description of Work
They do an a/c and heating check.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[member name removed], Thank you for sharing your feedback on our company. ARS/Rescue Rooter strives to provide exceptional service to each of our customers. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to call. Thanks for choosing ARS/Rescue Rooter! ARS/Rescue Rooter Customer Relations 866-803-0879

Comfort Monster Heating & Air / G&M

At Comfort Monster, we live by our motto, "Service So Good... It's Scary!" There are reasons why we were recently voted IndyWeek's Best of the Triangle for HVAC, why we have such a high rating on Angie's List and other review sites, and why our customers call us back to their homes year after year. Our technicians average more than 10 years of experience, and they get no incentives for selling you anything. Their focus is on helping you make informed HVAC decisions, not pushing services you don't need. Our system replacement estimates are always no-obligation and 100% free, and we will make financing your new system easy. A few of our credentials: NATE certified, Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, licensed and insured.

Fogg HVAC Inc

With over 21 years of experience, our philosophy is to do the job right the first time and our trained professionals go out of their way to ensure we exceed our clients' expectations. Our services range from residential to commercial. We specialize in both installs and repairs ranging from central air conditioning to gas and electric furnaces. Tell us what you need for heating and cooling and we'll get it done! Additional DBA - Stanley Fogg Heating & Air Conditioning.

Orozco Drywall of Raleigh

We are Orozco Drywall of Raleigh and we provide residential and commercial drywall services, painting and more services in Raleigh, NC and the surrounding areas. Don't hesitate to contact us now! Residential Drywall Services, Commercial Drywall Services, Drywall Company, Painting Contractor, Painting Service, Exterior Painting, Interior Painting, Residential Painting, Commercial Painting, Painting Company, Commercial Drywall Company, Residential Drywall Company, Popcorn Ceiling Repair, Professional Painting Contractor, Professional Painting Company, Drywall Installation, Professional Drywall Installation, Exterior Painter, Interior Painter, Residential Painter, Residential Drywall Repair, Residential Drywall Contractor, Interior House Renovation, Exterior House Renovation, Cabinet Replacement, Cabinet Renovation, Floor Renovation Youngsville, NC Drywall Contractor, Drywall Service, Sheetrock Installation, Ceiling Crack Repair, Drywall Finishing http://orozcodrywall.com/

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Plumbing, drain and sewer cleaning, water heaters, heating & AC.