Aluminum Company of North Carolina

Founded 1961 • With Angi since June 2006

1335 Hamlin Rd PO Box 15185

Durham, NC 27704

27 in house employees plus crews. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fee. May contact through email. Toll Free Number - (800) 672-4348. Additional DBAs - Aluminum Co of NC Inc, Aluminum Co. We are a James Hardie Preferred Remodeler.

01/06/2023

A G.

Mark was very knowledgeable and easy to work with. I highly recommend Aluminum Company of NC. The outcome was amazing and looks great. Everything exceeded my expectations!!

Description of Work
Awning installation

Category decks

04/12/2022

ming Y.

They contracted the Gonzales Company for our windows installation. It was a mess - the project manager told us that they are a siding crew and can also install windows. The “installation” took two weeks. They were very unprofessional and shown no craftsmanship. The caulking on the windows are just pathetic - they never stripped the old silicon, just applied a layer over to cover up. On the exterior, there are dents and multiple bent pieces on their trademark aluminum cladding trims. When we asked the project manager, he said they are not responsible and we can do a “touch up” ourselves. Regarding to the dents and those warped aluminum claddings, he said they are purely “cosmetic” and won’t impact windows’ “functionality”. Overall, we strongly do not recommend anyone to use the Aluminum Company. Yes, their windows are vinyls and up to the market standards, but the installation will be a big disappointment. Oh, and they don’t clean up - we can still find scraps and metals in our yard. FYI - they will not be responsible for any of the interior trims, sills and sheetrock despite how abruptly they were pulled down and damaged to “install” windows

Description of Work
Whole house windows replacement

03/25/2022

Laura S.

The job went very well. Here are some examples: - Had siding work scheduled for March but they were actually able to start in February. When does that ever happen? - There were a few minor mistakes on the job but they were resolved without delaying the project or additional charges. - On a whim I mentioned that our chimney leaked when it rained despite it going through multiple repairs. Reed saw an issue, had it fixed and it hasn't leaked since (over a month now and several down pours). The cost was minor. - The new, expensive windows we had installed by another organization last year had to be redone (just the vinyl) with the siding install. They look twice as good and the work was noticeably done with more care. - Our 1930s farmhouse has very nice but weathered columns out front. One of the bases had split badly and Reed fixed it on his own time just because he "likes figuring out and fixing little issues like that". - Workers were friendly and approachable.

Description of Work
Siding replaced, chimney repair

Category siding, replacement windows, chimney repair

12/15/2021

Randy P.

We thought it went really well and turned out better than we expected. Our windows look so much better than others we've seen being replaced and we can tell the difference already with heating the house. I also think our project chief Marc really went out of his way to finish several details himself.

Description of Work
Replaced siding, windows, and doors.

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows, doors

03/31/2021

Kelly L J.

Overall, I am VERY pleased with the work Aluminum Company of North Carolina did for us. The windows look amazing and you can tell the install quality is very, very good. Additionally, we ran into some unexpected rot issues that the crew fixed and fixed beautifully. My only complaint revolved around communication - there were a few miscues that caused some problem, but they were ultimately resolved, and our project manager made sure we were 100% happy. We absolutely intend to hire them for additional work.

Description of Work
Window replacement

11/05/2020

Daisy A.

Because of Covid it took a while for the windows to arrive, but once we established an installation date the work was done on time. The crew was very pleasant and arrived early. First estimate of completion was two days, they finished in one day. Clean up was excellent. Appreciated the follow-up a week later to allow for questions and concerns.

Description of Work
17 new Windows

08/14/2020

Carl L.

From my first one in 1965, From my first on in 1965. I've experienced "the 'joys' of home ownership", like monthly payments, along with many trials and tribulations on all three homes. Three times I have experienced having to hire and endure installation of a new common shingles roof. This time it also included an attached two-car garage. This time I knew more about what to expect. After meeting with the Sales staff of all three... (one was a door-knock solicitation for the job), I sensed a commitment to integrity in the Aluminum Company of NC. The details of their 30 year warranty was very comforting. The installation experience was a real "Class Act" executed several days before the scheduled event. The installers arrived quite early, and they began the choreography of preparations to protect all of my home, landscaping and yard... and was very thorough. It later helped them perform an immaculate cleanup. Reinstall of the rain gutters and leaf guard work was timely and thorough. All through the various phases of the work, the project manager returned to check with me and the crews. It would be unfair of me to compare this experience with prior experiences. Knowing what I know now, I will not do "price shopping" any more. It doesn't accomplish much anyway!

Description of Work
New Roof house and two car garrage

Category roofing, home builders

12/30/2019

Alice C.

It was excellent, they're not the cheapest but it was worth it because they're somebody you can rely on.

Description of Work
They gave us a new roof and new gutters and a year before that they replace our windows.

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows

09/04/2019

Nancy M.

My husband and I interviewed 6 different companies, all with excellent ratings, and actually drove around to view and assess the workmanship on completed projects by our top 2 companies. The Aluminum Company of NC was clearly the winner as their window products were a higher quality and their completed projects all demonstrated expert, impeccable installations with great attention paid to every detail. Our installers, George and Kinney, were very professional, hard working and experienced experts who made the entire process totally painless - even enjoyable. They completely installed 33 large windows and completely wrapped all of the window frames in 2 1/2 days and the finished results were amazing! Replacing windows is not inexpensive but we feel we paid a very reasonable price for top quality windows and expert installation. As my husband said - "We picked the right company". And we are extremely happy with the results.

Description of Work
Window Replacement - Whole House

02/13/2019

Burton E.

I had been waiting for a while to do some improvements to my home. But I knew when I was able to, I would call the aluminum company to do the job. They definitely live up to their reputation as I knew they would. From the very beginning working with Dallas, to the final walk through with Ruben, I knew I was in good hands. To me, communication is key and they always let me know when they would be there and what was going on and what would happen next. I never was in the dark over anything. The whole team at the aluminum company take pride in their work and it shows at the end of the project. It was a pleasure to work with these guys and I would definitely call on them again in the future. Pretty much the work they did for me was new windows, gutters, gutter helmets, all trim wrapped in vinyl and paint the exterior. In other words, my house got a much needed facelift and it looks like a new home.

Description of Work
Exterior facelift on my home. Windows gutters trim paint

Category gutter repair, replacement windows, house painters

07/25/2018

Katheryn R.

We have been very happy with all of the work The Aluminum Company of North Carolina has done on our home. They replaced all of our gutters and our front door. We had a minor hiccup at the beginning, but we were pleased that the owner of the company handled it personally. The gutters and door both look great and work very well. When adjustments or repairs were needed they were more than willing to take care of it. All of their staff has been wonderful to work with. Recently we worked with Ronald and Wayne regarding some adjustments that needed to be made to the door and a gutter. Both were very nice, personable, and great to work with.

Description of Work
Gutter Replacement and a New Front Door

Category gutter repair, doors

02/05/2018

Terry S.

They replaced all the windows in my home. They did a great job and were very clean and professional.

Description of Work
New window installation.

01/13/2018

Michael D.

Work was scheduled for mid-January, but due to a cancellation around the Christmas Holidays we had an opportunity to have the roof done sooner. The roof is very high pitched with a total of 5 dormer windows over the house and garage, and we had been seeing staining from a leak along the vaulted ceiling in the bonus room along one of the dormers. Work began the Thursday before the Christmas weekend and was completed on Tuesday morning right after Christmas Day. On Saturday the roof had been carefully protected against any inclement weather. The new roofing looks great and is perfectly matched to the back of the house where the roof had been replaced about 4 years ago. The cleanup was very thorough and I found no material or nail debris at all.

Description of Work
Roof replacement - front half of house

12/13/2017

Joseph M.

We have been very pleased with the Aluminium Company of N.C. They have replaced all our house windows and they have been very reliable at all times. You pay more but you get a great product and dependable customer service. When a window had a problem, they replaced it with great service, no problem at all.

Description of Work
Custom Window replacement

11/29/2017

Bill H.

Gutter helmets installed too flat and water seeped back under the shingles causing a major roof leak. They blamed it on everything but themselves. Then they handed me a $33,000 quote to fix the problem! Lifetime warranty is bogus.

Description of Work
Gutter helmets

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows

We absolutely warranty both our products and the craftsmanship of our installers, and it shows in many of the outstanding reviews customers have given us. As discussed with the homeowner following several visits to his rental property, the extensive problems, and therefore expense to repair them correctly, are due to prolonged neglect and a roof which is beyond is useful lifespan rather than the Gutter Helmets or their installation. Gutter Helmets, when properly installed, as was the case with this installation, do not impede the flow of water or require penetrations to the roofing shingles, underlayment or sheathing. It is part of the reason why Gutter Helmets, unlike some other products, are accepted by roofing manufacturers without voiding the manufacturer's warranty. Our warranty does not cover either neglect or damage caused by other (non-Aluminum Company) contractors. Furthermore, had normal periodic inspections of this rental property occurred, repairs could have been done long before the damage was so extensive and expensive. The homeowner did have a long overdue roof replacement. [Hyperlink Removed] with the roofing materials removed make clearly visible what our inspectors and project managers previously determined. Extensive sheathing (plywood) problems and many roof leaks existed nowhere near the Gutter Helmets. Once water got down to the sheathing, it traveled down the sheathing, doing more damage, particularly at the lower edge and to structural items below the roof. The homeowner indicated he was able to find cheaper roof replacement quotes but did not indicate any of the advantages a company with nearly 60 years of experience brings. Specifically, - All of our installers are insured. - We provide free removal and reinstallation of Gutter Helmets by factory-trained installers on any roof replacement we perform. The only way to maintain the lifetime factory warranty is to have all work performed by factory-trained personnel. - Instead of standard tar paper, we install WinterGuard in all areas where leaks are likely to occur without WinterGuard. This includes all roof penetrations, edges and valleys. These all are areas where this standard roof had problems and required additional expense to replace damaged sheathing. - Instead of standard roof vents, which contain a rubber seal that fails, creating a leak before the roof itself wears out, we use a vent cover that will last the life of the roof. - All of our roofing jobs include a project manager and production coordinator to ensure all work is done properly and all questions are promptly answered. - Because of the quality of our certified roof installers, our roofing manufacturers extend their warranty on roofs we install, and we can extend the warranty even beyond that. More importantly, because of the quality of our work, the roof will outlast a typical roof installation. - Our warranty is transferrable to a future homeowner. We have attached photographs showing the root causes of the problems which were not referenced in the negative review of the Aluminum Company of North Carolina. We continue to be available to help. You may contact us at either our office or cell phones, all of which are listed on our website. We will not continue to discuss this via the internet since that does not help our objectives of getting problems resolved and satisfying our customers. Jeff Monsein, Owner Photographs showing the root cause of the problems are available at: [Hyperlink Removed] Sheathing deficiencies created dips and shingle problems. See following pictures for more details. [Hyperlink Removed] Dip in roof and shingles, causing "Backwater" condition and encouraging water to track under shingles and cause damage. [Hyperlink Removed] This problem area of the roof is nearly flat, allowing a backwater condition and water damage at the roof rake edge. Nails in the step flashing are at the wrong location. Nails should be at the upper side of the flashing and cover upper flashing so nails are not visible and water does not leak around nails, just as is done with roofing shingles. [Hyperlink Removed] Additional dips and water damage to roof at various areas. [Hyperlink Removed] Water infiltration and damage at all penetrations, allowing water in, under the roof shingles. It caused major damage below the penetrations and terminated at the drip edge under our Gutter Helmets as the water ran down the sheathing. This condition is typical around the home. [Hyperlink Removed] Water infiltration at plumbing penetrations. [Hyperlink Removed] Typical condition of badly pitted shingles and missing granules. This age-related deterioration allows shingles to become porous as the fiberglass mat of the shingles is exposed and can allow water to freely enter the roof. [Hyperlink Removed] Note the curl on the edges of shingles due to aging beyond their serviceable life. [Hyperlink Removed] Badly damaged, aged, pitted, curling shingles missing at least half of granules showing the age of the roof and detailing the fact that it has exceeded its useful lifespan. [Hyperlink Removed] Close up showing missing granules due to roof age. [Hyperlink Removed] Wider view of general roof condition and age. [Hyperlink Removed] Major plywood deficiencies, which translate into vulnerable shingles. [Hyperlink Removed] Water infiltrations and staining at the chimney. [Hyperlink Removed] Note: rot at valley termination only. This condition is indicative of a roof that has not been maintained and a roof that is beyond its useful lifespan. This damage relates directly to leaf and debris buildup, causing water to back up under the shingles at the valley terminations. Note that the damage tapers off shortly outside the valley, whereas Gutter Helmets existed throughout. [Hyperlink Removed] A second valley showing similar damage only at the valley, where leaves and debris were allowed to build up and cause leakage. [Hyperlink Removed] Major rot, water damage and rusted nails in areas of home on roof where Gutter Helmet did not exist (on gable/rake ends of home). [Hyperlink Removed]

10/10/2017

Gary W.

Aluminum Company installed new windows throughout my house, replacing the original 30 yr old wood frame windows with good quality vinyl / aluminum windows. All aspects of the project were handled professionally- sales, on site measurement, installation and post sales support. The entire team were a pleasure to work with. Installation experience was outstanding. Two very professional gentlemen, George and Kenny, had the entire job knocked out in 2 days. A very high quality job completed on time with no issues.

Description of Work
Installation of 19 windows

09/23/2017

Thomas P.

Smooth and easy (for me) - they worked very hard, even coming back on a Saturday to finish, they did not hurry the job, cleaned up very good and were consummate professionals. And they didn't harm the 5 rose bushes directly in front of the 2 bay windows! The windows look amazing and work perfectly! And there is a lifetime warranty for ANY problem, including glass breakage. There were 2 small issues (one cosmetic on a bay window roof, one concerning the plant shelf in the garden window) which were successfully dealt with the following Monday. Overall, a great experience and I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Replaced 9 double-hung windows with 2 bays, one large bow and one large garden window, also replaced 3 other double-hung windows. New brick molding, new interior molding, painted trim and sealed window seats (birch)

09/03/2017

Thomas M.

If you want a company that keeps you informed when your products are ordered, show up for scheduled appointments, expertly installs your products, cleans up after themselves, and stands behind their work...then The Aluminum Company of North Carolina is the place to go. Customer service seems to be the operating philosophy at Aluminum Company! When you call for an appointment, from the person who answers the phone, to the salespersons who visit, to the installers, and to the person who inspects the work, all seem to have a genuine customer focus. I have a great deal of satisfaction knowing that the products are guaranteed for life. I know who to call in 10 years if I have a problem with a product. The Aluminum Company is certainly not the cheapest service provider, but in my opinion, they are the best. They provide me with a piece of mind knowing that they are going to professionally install a superior product and stand behind their work.

Description of Work
We wanted new entry doors (front & rear) as ours were more than 20 years old and less than energy efficient. Jeff Hoffman came out and showed us the various options. The front door included side lights and also at half arch window above the door and had to be custom made. We also wanted storm doors on the front and rear of the residence. In the past, we have had the Aluminum Company install siding, windows and a new roof and gutters.

Category replacement windows, doors

07/30/2017

Ken L.

Very well from the initial meetings to go over the work that was needed, the scheduling, the actual work and the follow-up. The company's reputation for professionalism and quality were the reasons I hired them. This experience was a prime example of excellent customer relationship management.

Description of Work
Replaced several damaged gutter sections, installed larger downspouts and installed Gutter Helmet on all gutter sections.

Category gutter repair

07/24/2017

Yvonne R.

Everyone we had contact with at Aluminum Company of NC was professional, competent, responsive, and friendly. Patrick, Matt, Sami, June, and Joe made sure that everything was done to our satisfaction. The actual crew led by Dean was approachable, dependable, and hard working. The project went very well and we would recommend the company to our friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
We had vinyl siding, gutters, and screens installed.

Category gutter repair, screen repair, siding

07/23/2017

Benny H.

On time. Finished well before estimated time. Cleaned up. NO issues at all.

Description of Work
Window install

07/16/2017

Loretta B.

The job was delayed from the first scheduled date by excessive rain that week and in the forecast, but they rescheduled promptly. When the big day came, the crew was on time and very hard-working. They finished that same day even though they encountered some unexpected issues. They were polite, and when I had to leave to pick up my pets from day boarding, I felt completely comfortable leaving the crew in my home in my absence. This was after the salesman gave me a very reasonable price the first time, unlike the high-pressure competitor I had spoken with earlier. I'm very pleased with the windows and am looking forward to having the Aluminum Company replace my sliding glass door in a couple of years. I feel very confident in their warranty because they've been in business for more than 50 years.

Description of Work
Replacement windows in a 30-year-old condo

07/08/2017

Thomas H.

The Aluminum Company of NC is known for their reputation for quality & how they stand behind the products they install. In this case, they installed a new, front door for us. It didn't lock as smoothly as desired but they have addressed the issue. Of course, at no charge & very cheerfully.

Description of Work
Adjusted a new front door

Category doors

05/12/2017

walter T.

Staff kept us informed, arrived on time, performed flawless installation of top grade windows, and followed up in a timely manner. We did contact a competitor for a quote. When there salesman looked at the work done two years ago he never contacted us back. He knew they could not compete with Aluminum Company of North America quality installation.

Description of Work
This was installation of the second half of our windows. First half done two years ago and now finished.

05/08/2017

Paul F.

I had an excellent experience from beginning to end. When it comes to roof installation, I wanted the work done be a reputable company that had a long history in this area. A 30 plus year warranty does not mean much if the company selling it is not around to honor it. I would use this company again.

Description of Work
Roof replacement including repair of three damaged rafters and various plywood replaced. Also had gutter helmets installed.

Category gutter repair, roofing