A PERFECT SURFACE

Founded 1995 • With Angi since June 2008

706 Ellis Road

Durham, NC 27703

Repair & Resurfacing of Tubs, Tile, and Countertops. 1-4 employees. Cost determined by job. Free estimates. Cast or steel tub $300 - $350, Tub & surrounding Tile $500 - $550, Fiberglass Tub surround $475 + cost of repairs if needed.

06/03/2016

Edward B.

Description of Work
re-glazed a bath tub.

11/03/2015

Benjamin T.

Description of Work
Refinished shower, tub and tile surround, resurfaced double sink. The work they performed looks great. Definitely use them again in the future.

Category bathtub refinishing, countertops

07/09/2015

Margaret U.

04/30/2015

Shannon V.

Description of Work
Re-glaze tub. New glazed surface looks very nice. Polite, professional. Called when he was going to be late arriving. Said we could remain in house during the process, however I would have appreciated the information that it would be fairly noisy and would outgas for a couple of days.

03/16/2015

kristen W.

It went very well. They were very professional and cleanly.

Description of Work
For bathtub refinishing I used Perfect Surface about a month and a half ago. They refinished showers surround and they fiber glassed tub shower surround.

10/15/2014

Sherry G.

Description of Work
Reglazed my old porcelain tub. Punctual and nice. There was a tiny problem and he came back right away to fix it.

08/11/2014

Jean S.

The tub is now beautiful !!!!

Description of Work
Removed old glazing and reglazed old 1957 bathtub.

06/10/2014

Gary P.

A house we were preparing for sale contained a bathtub that had not been cleaned by the previous owner in many years; it was grungy and badly stained. No amount of household cleansers and elbow grease had any effect on the tub. A number of friends who saw the tub felt it would need to be replaced. We called A Perfect Surface who spent about half a day cleaning and resurfacing the tub and tile. And the end result was that it looked brand new. It was absolutely incredible! Even our realtor was amazed. We had called several firms for quotes on this job. A Perfect Surface was the only firm that responded in a timely manner and their price quote was less than the other firms (who eventually responded to our voice message). I would recommend A Perfect Surface to anyone.

Description of Work
He resurfaced a grungy and badly stained bathtub and tile.

06/01/2014

Shellie S.

Everything went great! Don was really friendly and very responsive to phone/texts. Knowing my house was up for sale, he let me choose from some colors he had on hand so the work could be done sooner (without having to special order, which would take just a bit longer). I thought that was so nice, and I was also really impressed with the time he took to explain the process, how the refinishing would work, and what I could expect out of the results. I chose a fleck for the bathrooms and a different fleck for the kitchen, but I added the second bathroom countertop, left some options open, and Don was patient with all of it. I give him a lot of credit for that :). The refinishing took place over two days: set-up, prep, the new color(s), dry time, touch-ups, glazing. Don and team (for this was Barry and Rafael) took great care to make sure all areas were covered and taped off, and vented well. When it was all done, I can tell you how excited I was to see everything completed! I feel like I have completely renovated my bathrooms for a FRACTION of the cost of what it would have been to replace everything. It is amazing the transformation. My shower pan was in a state where it just wouldn't get clean anymore, and now it has a beautiful Cappuccino fleck on it like it's brand new - with a built-in shower/soap insert to match it. Just like a brand new custom shower. My countertops match these as well, along with the bathtub surround. You would think I spent many, many thousands of dollars. My kitchen countertops have transformed from the original laminate to a stone fleck with gloss that reminds me of a granite look. It has a stunning upgraded appeal. I am truly over-impressed with the outcome - I'm still touching everything LOL. Not only that, but Don and these guys are so friendly and fun, down to earth, love what they do, are GREAT at it, and stand behind the work they perform. Don actually pointed out one minor thing to me (before I would have even seen it) that he's going to come back and fix in the coming week. That to me is priceless. I've already sung Don's praises to my realtor, and I will every chance I get. "Good people" as well as good companies deserve good word of mouth promoting.

Description of Work
Refinished approximately 60+ sq ft of kitchen countertops Refinished single-sink bathroom countertop, dual-sink bathroom countertop, walk-in shower stall and shower pan, bathtub surround.

Category bathtub refinishing, countertops

02/04/2014

Michael J.

Very responsive and professional.

Description of Work
Had to refinish after first application but issue was resolved.

01/27/2014

Laura L.

Thank you so much.

Description of Work
Don Berg was very professional and did a great job! He was able to track down and fix the leak in the bathtub and I am so grateful to have it fixed.

12/06/2013

Ingrid T.

Excellent job done. Very reliable.

Description of Work
Services by A PERFECT SURFACE.

08/03/2013

Laura A.

Don gave us an estimate over the phone and arrived on schedule to refinish our two tubs. They did a very thorough job and charged us less than the original estimate. Don and his associate worked quickly and efficiently. They are very clearly experienced professionals. One of the tubs was originally a darker blue color with a peeling white finish that someone else had done poorly some years ago. It was a real mess. After they left, we noticed a couple of small pieces of debris and a small smudge of blue showing through on the inner edge of the tub. We called Don the next day and he called us back right away to come back to the house. They arrived as schedule and quickly took care of the minor blemishes. Don apologized for the mistake and was again extremely courteous and professional. Phenomenal job! Fantastic customer service! I highly recommend you get Don and A Perfect Surface to refinish your tubs!!

Description of Work
Cleaned, prepped and refinished 2 old bath tubs.

06/24/2013

James B.

The tub was in pretty rough shape having been cleaned by someone well meaning but not clued in on how to clean these things. An abrasive cleanser had been used which removed almost all of the shine and left a porous surface impossible to clean. Don of Perfect Surface appeared right on time and in 2 hours had transformed the dingy, dirty looking thing into one that looked brand new. He even changed the color slightly to make the tub match the other fixtures in the bathroom better than they ever had before. We have no complaints and only praise for his work. We would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Resurfaced a large fiberglass shower/tub enclosure

06/04/2013

Velma S.

Mr Oberg and his assistant were courteous and professional. They kept me informed from the beginning of the job until it's completion. They also advised me about how to care for refinished bath tubs. A non-slip surface was added to the bottom of the bathtubs also. I am very pleased with the quality of work and I would reccommend this service to anyone. I would use this service again. The price was very reasonable and the service and workmanship were impresive.

Description of Work
refinised two porcelain bath tubs and changed pink tile to white in one of the bathrooms.

12/31/2012

Brooke B.

Great! They were friendly and gave me a very fair price. The tub looks brand new!

Description of Work
Don and his team came out and refinished the small tub in my hallway. It only took them about 2 1/2 hours and it looks great! They were very friendly as well!

10/30/2011

YVONNE W.

Outstanding!

Description of Work
Don resurface the tub in our master bathroom. He did an excellent job. I just called him to resurface the tub in the guest bathroom. His work is outstanding. I recommend him without reservation.

10/28/2008

HENRY S.

Repaired crack and refinished a fiberglass tub/shower insert. One year later, some peeling had occurred and I called Don. Between the time I called and the appointment, another crack appeared, which had nothing to do with anything he had done. He repaired the new crack and the peeling finish, which took about 4 hours to complete. The charge was only $75 to repair the new crack. The work is excellent and the repairs are not even visible.

Description of Work
Refinished fiberglass tub/shower and repaired crack in tub.

06/18/2008

Maryanne R.

Don and his helper were professional, on time and did a great job. His estimate was exactly what the final cost was. Recommended him to two friends, who also had very good experiences with him. Also resurfaces tile, counter tops and cabinets. It's been almost two years and the bathtub still looks great.

Description of Work
Resurfaced a badly stained white bathtub.

Towers Refinishing

Tower Refinishing is a company dedicated to providing high quality and durable service. Our technicians are highly qualified and trained to provide a first class service.

Edison’s Remodeling LLC

Specializing in all phases of kitchen and bathroom remodeling, countertops, marble, granit, handyman jobs, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

2022 Super Service Award

United Granite LLC

United Granite has established many unique long term relationships with leading international manufacturers of stone fabrication equipment, quarriers, and producers of granite slabs. These relationships have cultivated an exciting entrepreneurial spirit among the founders of United Granite and has helped optimize their knowledge of the industry. This knowledge has given United Granite the opportunity to advance the natural and engineered stone fabrication process to the furthest point possible to date.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Repair and Refinishing of Tubs, Tile, Countertops, Appliances and more. 7 year warranty. 16 years experience.

Tub, tile and countertop replacement.