Chisel Construction & Home Improvement LLC

Founded 2006 • With Angi since June 2012

7966 Bradford Ln

Denver, NC 28037

Owner will be on the job site during project. Punctual, productive, and clean construction are the hallmarks of my work, even when the project is a dirty, dusty one. I work on homes where people live, and I'm very conscious of keeping your home habitable during the job. I am offering quality craftsmanship at a fair price. Just moved from Florida and looking to increase my client list. Chisel Construction with K & M Remodeling LLC. incorporated in 2006. Owned & Operated by Chad Malmstrom. Specializing in residential remodeling and handyman services....

08/09/2020

David P.

We hired Chad (the owner) and his crew for two projects; one to build a small new dock for the pond and the other to upgrade the deck by adding a new custom set of stairs, enclose the bottom of it with ground cover gravel, lattice and a gate so we could use the area for storage. Chad was easy going, he understood the vision of the project and the estimate was reasonable. The experience was excellent. The response time was unbelievable. The completion of the project from start to finish took a week after my first phone call to the company! Following my first meeting with Chad, he took control of the job immediately. He was always available to address our questions and concerns. They all were well mannered, professional, polite, honest, respectful and friendly and did work well as a team. The owner was at the job site the whole time paying attention to details. Before leaving for the day, the area was always kept neat and clean. I was impressed by the long hours they worked under extremely hot and humid conditions, completing the projects ahead of schedule. They even built me a large planter for my garden and a bench for the dock with leftover materials, what a surprise! We are planning to hire them again late this year for some indoor work. Look no further. Give this company a try. You won’t be disappointed. They under promised and over delivered. They went above and beyond the requirements. What else can you ask for? Hope you are as lucky with your project as I was with mine!

Description of Work
New dock and deck upgrades

Category decks,dock building

10/04/2018

PHIL E.

This was the second complete bathroom remodel we have hired Chisel for and this one went perfectly (just like the previous one). Remove old tub, install new tub, custom tile surround, remove tile floor and replace with new, paint room, install new fixtures & hardware. On time, on schedule, cleaned up daily. Will absolutely use Chad again.

Description of Work
Completely remodel bathroom

01/24/2018

Kevin C.

Imagine this: a contractor who arrives on time; finishes the job in less time than projected; and is there EVERY day, personally, not running around putting out fires on multiple jobs. The cost comes in as promised, and , most importantly, the finished bathroom shower is spectacular! That’s “Chisel” (Chad’s nickname) and Josh. They showed us multiple before-and-after pictures so we could choose styles and textures and made suggestions that we would never have thought of. They are professional and efficient. They take a lot of pride in their work, and we could not be happier with the result. I only wish there was an A+ category -- they deserve it!

Description of Work
New Shower

Category remodeling,home remodeling

11/22/2017

Ted C.

Highest recommendation. Chad & his team did a wonderful job on our windows replacement & Master bathroom renovation, guiding us expertly through the process of assembling the materials and making everything easy from start to finish. They were patient with supply delays, flexible with scheduling, and performed excellent work throughout.

Description of Work
Window replacement/installation & bathroom remodel and renovation

Category bathtub refinishing,custom cabinets,contractors,closet systems,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,picture framing,lighting,remodeling,wallpaper removal,replacement windows,home builders,woodworking,ceiling fans,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

11/12/2017

Steve R.

Reached out to this company 4 days ago and they have yet to return my call/email. Terrible customer service.

Description of Work
Water damage repair to window casing and drywall.

Category remodeling

We apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry. We cherish and value all of her Angie's list members and would be more than happy to assist you with any of your project needs. I did reply to your message with my contact information so please feel free to call me to discuss further

10/16/2017

PHIL E.

Went very smoothly, Chad did a great job, was punctual & professional. Stayed until job was complete, took 2 weeks. He likes to be sure all materials are ready to go beforehand so he can be as efficient as possible. Chad has a custom cabinet maker and custom glass fabricator he is associated with who can take care of those parts of the project and usually stay on schedule. He addressed issues quickly and wanted to make sure we were happy. We are.

Description of Work
Wanted to completely redo a full/secondary bathroom. Remove fiberglas tub and tile floor and cabinet/sink, install new tub with full tile surround, new tile floor, new cabinets/vanity, new mirror & light, paint/finish.

07/19/2017

Brett L.

Chad did not show up for our 5:00pm appointment. At 5:22pm, I called his cell phone and left a message asking if he was still coming. Three minutes later he called and said, I can be there in 40 minutes or re-schedule you for Saturday. I declined and told him to forget about it. I actually had to leave early from work in order to meet him at 5:00pm so this was very disappointing. If you are not going to make an appointment on time, then have the courtesy to call/text or email me.

Description of Work
Built Ins for my Mud-room

Category woodworking

We appreciate the time you took to share your experience & apologize for any miscommunication you may have felt took place . We love & appreciate our Angies List members & if there is anything we can do to assist you in the future, please don't hesitate to call.

06/26/2017

William R.

Chad was great to work with. After coming out and assessing the job, he gave me a quote before he left. Arrived on time and completed the job as scheduled. He opened two walls and repairs to the wall was flawless. The subfloor and stairs no longer squeak.

Description of Work
Tighten down subfloor, stairs and secured sill on interior walls.

Category drywall,flooring contractor,remodeling,interior painters

04/14/2017

BETHANIE D.

If you are looking for a contractor for your remodeling job, Chisel Construction (Chad & his crew) is a company that I highly recommend without any hesitation! It took us more than a year from interviewing contractors, planning to building. We interviewed 10+ contractors, from design/build companies to general contractors, and finally decided on Chisel Construction & Home Improvement (Chad is the contractor we have been working with). In our initial meetings, Chad listened to our ideas, took excellent notes, gave us honest feedback and then came back with very detailed quotes. Their quote was not the lowest, but for the scope and quality, they are very competitive. One thing he said to us and later being validated in the process was that he keeps his budget n delivers on time (which is a TALL order for any remodeling project). The other thing that stands out is his fast response time to texts/emails/phone calls. We have frequent communications weekly if not daily, not once did he not reply within a couple of hours!!! Chad is extremely organized. He has not missed/ forgotten a thing that we've told him throughout the entire process! It's almost a given in a big project like ours to have a few hiccups. What's best about Chisel Construction/Chadis that they are quick to offer solutions and resolved any issues very promptly. To be honest, if not because of Chad's extensive experience and organizational skills, we would probably have encountered more obstacles. Most of the time we hear/read about house renovation gone wrong. We were nervous going into this major undertaking as I think homeowner bears a greater risk if choosing an unfit, inexperienced and crooked contractor. After going through the process with Chisel Construction/Chad, we want to share our experience n review on Yelp for anyone who considers housing projects. They help make our house remodeling job a very pleasant experience!! This company really is outstanding and exceeded our expectations in every way. Thank you Chisel Construction!

Description of Work
We did a complete remodeling and added square footage to our house that was built in the 1950s. We took out interior walls to have an open floor plan, opened up most of exterior walls for additions, added masterbath, new kitchen, bathrooms, windows

04/14/2017

Charles I.

I've been looking for a reliable construction company to help me fix and renovate my barn house. They've worked professionally and closely with my engineer so that things will be done smoothly and properly. I must say, the quality of their work is outstanding! Chad was very easy to talk too, his keen to detail and amazing suggestions for ideas was definitely impressive! I am definitely happy with the result of my house and most definitely will hire again for any future renovations/constructions i may have. I highly recommend Chisel Construction & Home Improvement for your residential or any commercial needs! Me and my family are so happy to have hired Chad to help us renovate! The paintings, lighting and tiling are all on point! The people hired really knows what they're doing and we're just really happy we found Chisel Construction! They don't skip work, they do it professionally and you can definitely see the quality of work! Their customer service is excellent! definitely a 5-star company!

Description of Work
Upgraded & remodeled my barn house.

Category picture framing,remodeling,home builders,woodworking,doors

01/18/2017

Harry H.

We moved into our new house over 4 years ago and since then have been planning a massive remodel for the master bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and new floors throughout the house. A few month ago we finally decided to take action and started asking around for references. My brother recommended Chad so I saw no point in wasting my time and checking with other contractors especially since he gave us a reasonable quote. We could not be happier...Chisel Construction did a wonderful job. Chad and his crew are very experienced, hard workers, and detailed. They completed the job within the estimated time period and were easy to work with. Thanks you guys!.

Description of Work
Massive remodel for the master bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and new floors throughout the house.

Category ceramic tile,countertops,drywall,flooring contractor,plumbing,remodeling,replacement windows,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

01/18/2017

Laurie E.

I called the guys at Chisel Construction and they were polite and very helpful on the phone from the start. From the first day when I met with Chad, I was impressed with how knowledgeable & versed he was. After talking to him to explain my goals and what I wanted, his response was super positive and I knew I would hire them to do my kitchen remodel. Throughout the whole remodel they were great with follow up on the items I was still debating about, like the final sink choice. Chad and Andrea, the interior designer & design consultant, really guided me in my decisions and made sure I was staying on budget. They made sure my needs for the remodel were meet without compromising any of the design elements I wanted. In the past I have used contractors that only show up on day one and then just to collect the check. Chad and Andrea were totally different. They really know how to manage and handled every aspect of the remodeling from visiting the house on a daily basis to performing regular checks on the progress of the remodeling.They both take pride in their work. And the crew were definitely hard workers and knew exactly what they needed to do.There were no delays and there was nothing that had to be redone. They were professionals and polite plus they cleaned up all the mess as they went. They actually finished ahead of schedule and aside from a last minute change I wanted they stuck right to budget. The bottom line is my new kitchen is amazing thanks to them.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category ceramic tile,countertops,flooring contractor,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters

12/13/2016

Zachary S.

We cannot say enough great things about Chad at Chisel Construction. Chad is fantastic to work with, he listens to what you want, is great at what he does and delivers beyond all expectations! Chad remodeled our outdated kitchen and turned it into our dream kitchen that we are happy to show off. What we thought would take a few weeks was done in a matter of days, without any sacrifice to quality of work. Everything turned out better than we could have imagined. Because of Chad's amazing customer service, quality of work and affordability, he has become our families go to contractor! We wouldn't think about using anyone else.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category ceramic tile,countertops,flooring contractor,remodeling,home builders,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters

Betty H.

Outstanding service!! I can't say enough about this company!! Chisel Construction & Home Improvement, LLC. did a remarkable job!! They were professional and friendly and I recommend them highly. The projects were completed above expectations and we could not be more pleased! All of the individuals were fast, thorough, and accommodating. They were clear about what would be done in the sequence of phases during the projects. They were extremely knowledgeable and educated in the field & helped me to understand the nuance of stains and helped me achieve just the right colors desired. And all of the workers were gracious. I can't say enough about this company. Thank you Chad, Andrea & the entire crew! We will definitely be using Chisel Construction again for future projects & you should too. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Description of Work
Deck build, bathroom remodel, house painting, exterior landscape lighting

Category decks,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters,outdoor lighting

Andrea C.

EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE & EXPERTISE!! I own a real estate company and have to deal with contractors and construction companies on a regular basis. I first contacted Chisel Construction because of the reviews I found on Angie's List & Google and various other websites like Home Advisor. They responded to my request immediately and within a week I had a full proposal for my client to review. The job consisted of exterior landscape lighting, an addition to the master bedroom that expanded by 675 square feet & a full bathroom remodel. They started the job on the exact day that the contract stated and finished way ahead of schedule... Both of these things rarely, if ever, happen when dealing with contractors. The work was excellent and I am extremely pleased with their service and professionalism. I'd like to give an extra "shout out" to Andrea, the very pleasant executive consultant that handled all of my calls, emails & design concepts. These guys are absolutely wonderful and I have never experienced a more professional, expert process in the construction and home remodeling sector. Thank you for making this project so easy & fulfilling. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Description of Work
The job consisted of exterior landscape lighting, an addition to the master bedroom that expanded by 400 square feet & a bathroom remodel & update.

Category decks,flooring contractor,remodeling,home builders,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters,outdoor lighting

Thomas W.

I recently had a complete kitchen remodel done by this company. I was very happy with the work that was done by Chad and his crew. They were helpful, neat, respectful and meticulous about their work. Everything was handled quickly & taken care of in a professional manner. Their attitude is "customer is always right", which is every rare these days. The company is fair and honest and finished the job on time and within my budget. I would like to especially thank Chad, Andrea and the rest of the crew that worked on my kitchen. I definitely will hire them to remodel my two bathrooms and other jobs. I have and will continue to recommend this company to my family and friends.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel

Category ceramic tile,countertops,flooring contractor,plumbing,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters

11/16/2016

Henry H.

Everything excellent from beginning to end. Fantastic work as well as design suggestions on bathroom remodeling. Great communication as things progressed and scope of project expanded.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom remodel

Category home remodeling

10/12/2016

Joan L.

Chisel Construction is a true gem and an asset to Angie’s List. Chad and his team were great from start to finish and we never had any hesitations about him being in our home unattended during the remodel. We thought he was being very optimistic when he gave us an anticipated finish date of two weeks but he was right on target and any issues or concerns along the way were communicated as they arose and addressed promptly, most of which were with suppliers on our end. It was great coming home from work each day to see the progress he and his team had made. Chad made our master bathroom an oasis that we look forward to retreating to. We provided the product but he created the masterpiece. Chad’s talents and vision are incredible and the final product was beyond our expectations. We highly recommend Chad and Chisel Construction for any of your remodeling needs.

Description of Work
Master bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile,home remodeling

09/15/2016

Daniel M.

Chad and his crew did an amazing job! We are so happy with the new tile floor (a herringbone pattern layout, which is tricky) and backsplash. I am absolutely in LOVE with my new butcher block countertop and undermount sink. Chad was very professional and provided quality craftsmanship. His crew even surprised us by fixing our broken gate before they left. We will have him back again the next time we need work done.

Description of Work
Kitchen counter butcher block installation, undermount sink and new faucet installation, herringbone pattern tile layout and grout, subway tile backsplash layout and grout, cabinet removal, paint, a few odds and ends.

Category ceramic tile,countertops,plumbing,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling

09/09/2016

Candice L.

Chisel Construction knows how to do the job, they get the job done quickly and correctly! They did stunning custom outside landscape lighting to my NC lake house and turned it into a spectacular show piece that went far beyond my expectations. They truly are the best.

Description of Work
Custom Outdoor Landscape Lighting

Category outdoor lighting

08/19/2016

Karen E.

Chad & Andrea were amazing. They listened and did exactly what we wanted. Chad brought his superior skills & expertise while Andrea brought her flawless design & concepts to the table that added a one of a kind experience. They really made us feel like our project was their number 1 priority and was always available to us within minutes of contacting them. They are masters at their craft and I highly recommend Chisel Construction for any project big or small. They will be there for you and your remodeling needs every step of the way and provide a superior quality product that is unmatched. You guys are the best! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Chisel Construction rocks!

Description of Work
Chad & Andrea were amazing. They listened and did exactly what we wanted for our dream deck,patio & landscape lighting. Chad brought his superior skills & expertise while Andrea brought her flawless design & concepts to the table that added a one of a kind experience.

Category decks,remodeling,outdoor lighting

08/19/2016

MARY T.

The Chisel Construction company is beyond amazing. I had a extremely deteriorating dock for years and only had a certain budget to fix it. I called Chisel Construction & spoke to the lovely Andrea (the design & operations manager) and out of the blue, she told me they have options to do work on my budget which I thought was impossible based on what other companies had told me. I went ahead and set an appointment to have a representative come out. The product they showed me was amazing and they had a plan that worked just for me. I eventually ended up taking care of my paint, dock and all my windows thanks to the amazing team at Chisel Construction & Home Improvement, LLC. I was almost to the point I had to sell my home because I was so tired of looking at it... And now it's beautiful. 10/10 would highly recommened. They did excellent work. Guaranteed warranty products. Friendly and quick service.

Description of Work
House painting services, dock repair & build, 8 window installations

Category decks,remodeling,replacement windows

08/11/2016

Diana G.

This is my first experience with Angie's List as well as Chisel Cobstruction. I Highly recommend Chad and Andrea, and will be thrilled to work together again in the future.

Description of Work
Turned an ugly spare bathroom into a spa-like, handicap accessible suite for my elderly father. Worked with me on the budget and let me pick out supplies and fixtures with no additional mark up.

Category ceramic tile,remodeling,home remodeling

07/09/2016

Sheila K.

He was late and then when he was here he was here 30 minutes. He was in a hurry to leave. The estimate was okay. He said he was not willing to work on my home because he said my home wasn’t in the category that he was used to working. He made me feel like my home was not the worth his time.

Description of Work
Chisel Construction & Home Improvement LLC gave me an estimate.

Category home remodeling

I sincerely apologize for the miscommunication. We love our Angies List members & if there is anything we can do to assist you in the future, please don't hesitate to call.

07/08/2016

William W.

Chad was very professional and easy to work with. His communications were very clear. All my questions were quickly and accurately answered. He was extremely helpful and willing to address any issues. The work was done in a timely fashion as promised. Any minor issue we noticed was quickly and painlessly corrected. The work was well done. I would highly recommend Chad for any remodeling work.

Description of Work
Kitchen wallpaper removal, painting, new ceramic backsplash, painting of family room, new ceramic tile shower stall, floor, and toilet upstairs, new ceramic tile floor, toilet, and tub in downstairs bath, replacement of ceiling fans, placement of bathroom can light/fan in both bathrooms.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor,lighting,wallpaper removal,ceiling fans,home remodeling,interior painters

DIVINE LIGHTSCAPES

Divine Lightscapes uses, lifetime warranty BRASS products & Long Lasting LED's bulbs. Sign up today for a FREE DEMONSTRATION and see you home in a new light. Ask about our Angie's List Discount !!! Cell 704-749-4949

Offers by DIVINE LIGHTSCAPES on Angi
    TruGuard

Our mission is risk free home improvement. A quality outcome is the result of a rigorous process. TruGuard has designed, staffed, and implemented the most thorough and careful processes in the industry. From our initial call to the completion of your project, we have a process in place that will simplify your experience and make sure you’re happy with the renovation. Also, a TruGuard relationship doesn’t end when our crew leaves. Every TruGuard project comes with a manufacturer and workmanship warranty for peace of mind.

Offers by TruGuard on Angi
    MyNewFloor.com

A premier flooring company in the Carolinas, MyNewFloor.com was founded by a talented, design savvy professional with 15 years of experience in designing and installing a variety of flooring products. Our company is built on the principles of honesty, quality, craftsmanship, and a sincere effort to provide 100% customer satisfaction! You can be sure that only our professional, knowledgeable and experienced installers will complete all the work for you. We do not sub-contract any of our projects.

Offers by MyNewFloor.com on Angi

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing

Bathroom Remodeling is our specialty & Kitchen Remodeling, Wall coverings wallpaper, Window Installation & Replacement, Coffered Ceiling, Landscape Lighting, Home Additions, Dock & Deck - Building & Repair, Framing, Drywall, Painting, Carpentry, Custom Builds, Handyman Services

Carpet