Superior Pools and Spas

Founded 1999 • With Angi since April 2009

12:00 PM - 4:00 PM

20135 Knox Rd

Cornelius, NC 28031

At Superior Pools, our promise to you, our valued customer, is to design, build and service the pool of your dreams. With over 33 years in the pool industry, you can count on us for reliability, knowledge and expertise. We enjoy helping our customers design their backyard poolscape paradise. It is our pleasure to have one of our educated pool designers create your dream for years of family fun. Whether your ideal escape is a beautiful pool area, a shaded patio, outdoor kitchen, waterfall or an open air fireplace, our outdoor living areas are designed for maximum peace and enjoyment. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. We also have an office in Raleigh - 919-772-7665....

Pool Installers (63)pool cleaning (15)Patios (9)concrete repair (7)stone & gravel (5)decks & porches (3)outdoor kitchens (1)

08/10/2021

kelly B.

If you are considering a pool, you need to consider Superior Pools! We interviewed 5 different companies and once we spoke with Peter Johnson, we knew we had found our pool company. We have a challenging lot with serious water runoff issues; the moment Peter walked in the backyard, he said he knew exactly what to do and he did. The other companies had lists of things we needed to do prior to them starting work on a pool, Peter made water control part of the design and created a lovely backdrop for the pool and a larger deck where we wanted it....simply brilliant! Our site foreman, Ian MacCormack, was responsive and calming with all of the concerns of a newbie to the pool construction experience. He stood behind his word and did not stop until he was sure we were beyond happy. When Ian was not available, Jon always stepped up to make sure we were informed and aware of what was going on. Ian and Jon both added suggestions along the way of features we may want to add that added to the beauty and ease of care. Other Superior folks to mention are Kathy Giannuzzi for her great color and design input and Dan Jones for helping us learn how to take care of our gorgeous pool. Dan is great at making sure your investment is protected and I cannot tell you how much that means when one has absolutely no pool experience! We just love our Superior Pool!

Description of Work
Pool Design and Installation

Category concrete repair,pool cleaners,pavers, gravel,patios,swimming pools

Work Completed On 06/08/2021

Review for Superior Pools and Spas - 20135 Knox Rd, Cornelius, NC - 39435698

02/27/2021

Paul C.

Superior Pools was my choice for building my dream pool for my family. After extensive research and having 5 pool companies at my home Superior Pools earned the right to build my pool and spa. The quality of the equipment is the heart of the pool. Superior only uses Jandy equipment and puts top of the line filters, pumps, valves and heaters. Add the superior automation of the IAqua link system and no other pool builder comes close. I highly recommend to go to Jandy's website and learn about their products. The workmanship of my equipment pad is a 10. When gathering quotes from other pool companies the mix and match of equipment and quality of the brands was not to par on what Superior had to offer. You combine this with their warranty and the clear winner was Superior. Then the customer service they provide exceeds all expectations. From the owner Peter to the installers that built my dream pool all were listening, educating and caring to my many questions I asked of them. Superior wants to build their customers a top quality pool at a fair price. They want to make sure the customer is happy and build on those relationships. I highly recommend if looking for a pool do your research on the equipment Superior Pools uses. Combine that with the service and experience Superior Pools has to offer and it made my decision very easy. Peter and his team exceeded all my expectations.

Description of Work
Pool construction

Work Completed On 02/27/2021

12/18/2020

Mira N.

When we were researching a pool company, we were looking for good service and high quality product as it is a complex project and we don’t have time to worry about anything. Superior Pools & Spas delivered from A to Z on time. We were rest assured we are getting highest quality product by the lifetime warranty on the pool shell and other components which only few companies are confident to offer such guarantees. On the other hand, this team build so many pools a months, are experts at what they do and while very busy, always make themselves available to address questions. Ralph the lead designer is probably one of the best designers you will meet. He lived and built pools everywhere including CA and taught many pool design classes. Kathy and John(s) are the hardest working folks and know how to get it done. What is also important that the owner Peter is accessible and kudos for such a good company. We are very pleased with the end product and strongly recommend Superior Pools & Spas.

Description of Work
Outstanding Quality and Service

Category concrete repair,pool cleaners,patios,swimming pools

Work Completed On 12/18/2020

07/21/2020

Kelly C.

We would highly recommend Superior Pools and Spas after our excellent experience with them. The entire process from our first meeting with Jake, Sales and Design, through the installation process with Ian, Project Manager, went smoothly. The installation process took only seven weeks to complete. The staff and work crews at Superior Pools and Spas were always professional, courteous and knowledgeable. Whenever we had a question or even a small change they were always willing to help us and try to accommodate our requests. We are now enjoying a beautiful pool and our house has become the favorite place for our family to hang out. Thank you Superior Pools and Spas!!

Description of Work
Pool installation

Category concrete repair,swimming pools

Work Completed On 05/04/2020

07/13/2020

Jamie C.

I signed the contract to install a pool in early March right before we went into the stay at home order for Covid-19. My experience with Superior and their staff was amazing from the initial phone call through completion of the pool and still the same as we are moving into the servicing business. Peter Sr. and Jake (Sales and Design) came out for the initial consultation and were very professional and thorough in understanding what I was looking for. Knowing my budget they went back to the office and developed 3 designs for us to choose from. Peter Sr. has been in this business for a long time and is a straight shooter. He will not waste your time. He is upfront in what costs are so you will not be blindsided later with additional bills. When I went in to go over the design choices I honestly was blown away by what Jake had designed. My daughter and I quickly selected our favorite and asked to sign the contract at that meeting, which I did not originally plan to do. Once Covid arrived there were delays, but only by my HOA and the town I live in. Superior continued working on my project. Once all approvals and permits were secured, Superior showed up and went to work. I was amazed at how fast they completed everything with no issues and no additional costs! The communication by everyone at Superior, Jake in Sales and Design, Ian (the Job Supervisor), Kathy and Tammy in Scheduling and Billing and Dan in the Service Department was and continues to be outstanding! My family LOVES our new pool and spa and are so happy we chose Superior to complete the work. We have a top notch pool and spa that are lifetime guaranteed and the process was quicker than expected and there were no headaches or hassles. I highly recommend Superior Pools and Spas if you are looking to create your own backyard oasis!

Description of Work
Install Pool and Spa

Category concrete repair,pool cleaners,pavers, gravel,patios,swimming pools

Work Completed On 05/07/2020

Review for Superior Pools and Spas - 20135 Knox Rd, Cornelius, NC - 38714371

12/06/2019

Barbara H.

We used Angie's List to narrow my pool builders down to 2 selections and Superior won out. Superior Pools built a beautiful free form gunnite pool in our yard!!! Our now backyard paradise! The designing process, options available and quality are outstanding and all at a very competitive and fair price. I would definitely use Superior Pools all over again.

Description of Work
Pool Construction

Work Completed On 12/06/2019

10/04/2019

Albert F.

We have had this pool installed 2 1/2 years ago. The work was outstanding and professional. Superior Pool designed the pool and pool deck to fit our yard and handled all the certifications and preparatory needs. They installed the pool in 2 months which was quite fast due to the winter and a lot of rain. Their work was outstanding and we have a beautiful poos and spa. In two and a half years that the pool has been installed we have had a small crack in a plastic cap on the heater for the pool. Superior had a service representative out to our home and replaced the cap the very next day. They have an excellent service staff with rapid response and will respond to your calls very quickly when you have issues or just questions about how to maintain your pool. After the installation of the pool, they also have a training staff to come to your pool and train you on maintaining your pool. They have an ongoing service to maintain the pool for you if you require or they can provide a short two or three month program to help you maintain the pool yourself. Bottom line is that they do excellent work and have a great service for after the installation when you may still be not pool savvy.

Description of Work
In ground, concrete pool installed and concrete pool deck

Work Completed On 01/31/2019

05/05/2019

Kathleen S.

When we decided to put in a pool, we had no idea what we were getting into. We had a few companies out to quote and superior pools went above and beyond with making sure we were happy with everything from the design, price, and service. Even with all of the rain that we have had these past months, our pool was done within a timely manner and exceeded our expectations. We have enjoyed our pool the past couple months or so and are extremely happy. The service that they have provided during and after has been nothing short of great. We have recommended them to a couple of friends that are looking at pools since being in ours.

Description of Work
Concrete pool

Work Completed On 01/04/2019

03/17/2019

Anthony R.

Being a first time pool owner, I had 4 or 5 quotes and heard many different things from multiple companies. Superior gave me the best quote and service. Pete Sr. and Pete Jr. (owners) helped throughout the entire process. I had tons of questions about designs, layouts, options, etc. They were patient and made changes at the design center that showed they cared. The owners came out on site multiple times and even suggested changes that made a huge difference in the final look. The care, workmanship, and final product were unbelievable!

Description of Work
Install pool, hot tub, decking, and sitting wall

02/13/2019

Trent R.

When my wife and I started the process of getting quotes from pool companies, we really didn’t know what to expect. We had two friends recommend the companies that they had put their pools and we wanted to have one neutral company quote as well (Superior Pools). To be honest when we started this process we thought we knew what company we were going to go with, but we were wrong. After experiencing all three companies customer service and quote process, the choice for us was clear. Superior Pools was very professional, our salesman made several trips to the house to make sure when we came in to the design center to start to talk numbers and finalizing design that he was prepared. The detail that went into Superior Pools design was awesome. They laid everything out and when we made changes we were able to on the spot see how it changed. At this point we felt very comfortable with Superior Pools and each time we were at the Design Center the owner stopped in to make sure we were getting the experience that we wanted. When they started to dig in our backyard, our Construction Manager was on site and talked us through the whole process. Jimmy, our construction manager, told us that the pool would take 8 weeks weather permitting. The pool ended up taking 10 weeks at no fault to Superior Pools. Had we not had Hurricane Florence and Michael come through during the process, it would have been done on time or sooner. Superior Pools went above and beyond right before Hurricane Florence came through by getting everything cleaned up and done enough so that they could put my hot tub back on the decking so that it didn’t get ruined by all of the mud, dirt, and water. Jimmy our construction manager was great, he was very visible on site and easy to get a hold of if we had any questions. The only thing left for us is to finally get to really enjoy the beautiful pool that Superior Pools built.

Description of Work
Pool and decking

Work Completed On 02/13/2019

Pool remodeling. Concrete pools. Fiberglass pools. Swimming pools. New pool construction. Swimming pool paver decking. Swimming pool replastering. Swimming pool design. Outdoor swimming pools. Swimming pool financing. Pool plumbing modifications. Spa design & construction.

Check, Financing Available