Allied Aire Inc. is performing all Heating and Air Conditioning services while wearing Mask, Gloves, and shoe covers, and using sanitizer.

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Allied Aire Inc

Founded 2003 • With Angi since November 2003

18525 D3 Statesville Road

Cornelius, NC 28031

Full 24/7 Emergency Service on evenings, weekends, and holidays. Office Hours are Monday - Friday 8-5. Allied Aire, Inc. is a locally owned & operated full service HVAC company serving the area for over 20 years. We service all brands of equipment. We offer comprehensive maintenance programs. We complete installations for new systems and provide free estimates on system replacement....

05/13/2019

Aaron R.

I requested an estimate from three different providers via Angie's List. Upon receipt, I answered a phone call from this provider, reviewed the options, and agreed to move forward with the service. I specifically repeated, "is it $119 TOTAL, or for each of the two systems?", to which he replied, "119 TOTAL". I agreed, provided my credit card consent form, and proceeding. I got clearance from my realtor, and told him to be on the lookout for contact. Then, an hour later, the provider called me back and said, "never mind, the price is $159, and that is for EACH unit". I have declined the other two providers based on the above. Now, due to the bait and switch nature of this provider, I was just screwed. This provider should be required to honor the deal that I was offered, AND I ACCEPTED, and should have to eat the difference. This is only an inspection ... AND, was going to turn into an annual contract. So, full circle, you just lost a new customer, an annual contract, and I will bad-mouth this provider to EVERYONE who will listen -- all over $199 -- which was misquoted by YOUR representative. Shenanigans like this should not be allowed. I trust Angie's List to weed out this kind of crap, apparently, you are failing. You need to weed out providers who take advantage of customers -- like this one. Again, I cannot imagine why Angie's List supports a bait and switch scheme.

Description of Work
Bait and Switch -- this provider should be removed from Angie's List

01/21/2019

David S.

I called and they promptly scheduled a service call for the next day. Tech arrived on time and began trouble shooting. When tech ran into some problems he called in extra help. Together they finally diagnosed problem - low on refrigerant (possible slow leak). Refrigerant and stop-leak were added. System is operating normally. The problem and proposed repair were fully explained and I authorized work and materials to fix before work was started. All was handled in a professional, courteous, and friendly manner. Cost was more than I expected, but I don't really have a good reference for this type of work. I feel the work done was appropriate for the problem and no unnecessary work done to 'pad' the bill. Another strong point was their office kept me informed of expected tech arrival time and a photo of the tech (email). So, I could easily identify their people when they came in their well-marked van.

Description of Work
Heat pump repair. Heat pump not coming on, heat supplied only by aux electric heaters.

08/28/2018

Charles C.

They provide a quote, were very responsive, showed up as agreed. I'm still gathering additional information from others before hiring. But they are on the short list.

Description of Work
Quote for mini split

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mr. [Member Name Removed] thank you for the review and we appreciate the opportunity to earn your business.

09/27/2017

Kevin M.

Great, no problems and very professional.

Description of Work
Upstairs A/C unit needed to be replaced

09/08/2017

Karol C.

Bill Hix came to our home to inspect our current air conditioner and gas furnace, which were still running but getting old, and to give us an estimate for a replacement system. Bill was very knowledgeable, gave prompt feedback and follow-up. Bill and the entire team at Allied Aire were friendly, always on time and provided excellent service. They even sent us emails when they were on their way for appointments. The installation was fast and efficient. We were impressed when Bill and Jeff Shue, the owner, came by to inspect the installation and discuss the units with us. We would highly recommend Allied Aire Inc.

Description of Work
Replace air conditioner and gas furnace

08/19/2017

Dusan B.

It took them a day to do 2 systems for me. They came out to fix the problems immediately.

Description of Work
They did 2 HVAC units.

Category

08/17/2017

Colleen T.

Allied Aire Inc in Cornelius, NC on Lake Norman were absolutely thoroughly professional and very easy to work with. The owner, Jeff Shue, came out and gave us a quote on replacing our HVAC. We bought the condo in June and realized the unit is the original and therefore 20 years old, we believe in preventive measures. No one wants to find out on the hottest day your old AC decided to give out. Jeff came out within 24 hours of requesting a quote prepared the quote for us in great detail along with different pricing options and unit options. We took a day or so to decide and once we decided they scheduled our appt within 48 hours and our new unit was installed in one day and working beautifully with a WiFi thermostat which for us if fabulous since we are in and out all the time for weeks at a time. The technicians Mike and Vince couldn't have been nicer or more efficient, each one took separate lunch break times so there was never a time the unit wasn't being worked on. They put "booties" on their shoes anytime they were in the house, placed paper runners so nothing effected our hardwood floors. I would recommend Allied Aire Inc in Cornelius without hesitation to anyone, family, friends or anyone who asks.

Description of Work
HVAC Replaced

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, dryer vent cleaning

07/10/2017

Susan P.

good. one unit of ours wasn't working right so they put the new one in earlier

Description of Work
new ac and heating units

12/10/2016

Luke H.

Jeff came out quickly, on a Saturday nonetheless, and was very professional. He diagnosed the issue and gave us an estimate.

Description of Work
Diagnosed issue with damper.

09/12/2016

Steven R.

Picked Allied due to high number of "A" ratings but was a mistake as the estimate to fix was more than triple what I had to pay another company to fix. Allied estimated $950+ to replace a condenser fan motor and I had another company charge ~$300 for same repair. Did you read that... more than THREE times the $$$$ for the same repair. I reluctantly paid service charge and will not call again. Although on-time and professional, Giving an "F" overall for extremely high estimate.

Description of Work
Diagnosed replacement of condenser fan motor on A/C Unit and provided estimate.

04/02/2015

Becky P.

They arrived on time. Very professional and cleaned everything up when they were finished. Worked hard all day to get the job done. You could tell they were very experienced because of how well they worked together. They even helped me get my warranty information entered because some of it wouldn't take over the internet. They called me back and let me know they had taken care of it for me. I would recommend them to family and friends.

Description of Work
Installed a new heat and a/c system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your positive feedback about the service Allied Aire, Inc. provided for you. We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to providing great service for you in the future. Our goal at Allied Aire, Inc. is to provide the best possible service to our customers and we always strive for 100% satisfaction.

03/31/2015

MARY ELLEN B.

Allied Aire installed our air conditioning/heating system about six years ago, and we've used them ever since for ongoing maintenance. Everyone associated with the firm has always been polite, prompt and professional. They make recommendations, but I've never felt pressured to purchase anything. We've also used this firm to install a new air intake register in our house to help cool a south-facing room that stayed hot.

Description of Work
Performed semi-annual inspection as part of ongoing maintenance agreement. I forget the cost, but I think I signed up for three years for $300 or something like that. It includes a discount on parts and some reduced service-call fees, as well as inspections and cleanings in the fall and spring.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your positive feedback about the service Allied Aire, Inc. provided for you and your family. We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to providing you great service in the future. At Allied Aire Inc. we always strive for 100% satisfaction.

06/27/2014

Jeffrey W.

They have done an excellent service for me. They really do a good job. The person that I had on the phone was very professional, and very nice. Also, the guy who came out here had the feeling of someone who has a great experience on the job. He looked very professional to me. I really liked it.

Description of Work
Heating and air conditioning services.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your positive feedback about the service Allied Aire Inc. provided for you and your family. We look forward to providing great service for you in the future. Allied Aire Inc. strives for 100% customer satisfaction.

10/09/2013

Mary S.

We had a tenant in need of a quick a/c checkout and possible repair. Found Allied Aire on Angies List and liked the comments. We called Allied Aire. Very congenial receptionist on the phone. Gave them the particulars. Jeff called back the same morning, identified the part to be replaced and the cost. I ok'ed the work and it was done. Very professional, no hassles. The tenant was very impressed by Jeff's professionalism. We are planning on scheduling them for annual inspections of our own property and of our rental property.

Description of Work
Provided very rapid reponse to a tenants A/C issues.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are so pleased that you were happy with your service. We strive for 100% satisfaction with every customer. Thank you for your business. Jeff Shue, President Allied Aire, Inc. 704-791-8134

07/05/2013

Lawrence W.

I contacted Allied Aire after my upstairs AC went out. I called to ask for a system tune-up for both units. I was told that they would do significant work on the tune up to make sure that the system was performing optimally and that it would most like take 1-2 hours per system. When their representative showed up, he spent the majority of his time trouble-shooting my upstairs system and found that the coil had leaks. From there he spent most of his time working up an estimate on what it would take to repair or replace the system. He indicated that he could "seal" the leaks and replace the freon for approximately $800 with no guarantees. Or he could replace the outside unit or both the inside and outside units. He gave me three options. Then he supposedly "serviced" the downstairs unit. I paid him the fee for the tune-up but as he was leaving I did ask him what he actually did....which I thought was reasonable as I really only saw him open the untis and pressure test them. I didn't see him clean anything, provide service etc. The only tool I saw him use were the pressure guagues to test the outside unit for freon and a flashlight. So, again, I paid him for the service but I don't feel as if he did anything other than provide me an estimate to replace. So, I called another provider ~ they said the coil upstairs had multiple leaks but that they could replace the coil, fill with freon and get it going again (with warranty) for $450! Significantly less than the no guaranty price provided by Allied Aire. I also had them provide a replacement cost for the entire unit and they were $2,000 less than Allied Aire. So ~ my thoughts and impressions are that Allied Aire would rathter sell a new unit as opposed to fix your existing one. I also have documented estimates that show that their prices are out of line with competitors. I wasn't happy to lose $250 and have nothing to show for their "work".

Description of Work
AC Tune-Up

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

I am extremely sorry that you feel the service was unsatisfactory. But (deleted member name) you were not there for much of the service so I wouldn't expect you to have seen everything done on the job, however the service was completed to specifications. Our company services first and replaces last, but in this case the system is beyond its life expectancy with multiple issues, low efficiency, high service cost, outdated r-22 refrigerant(Freon)that is leaking out and that will be phased out soon, high electric consumption, in this case a decision to put a lot of money into this type of system is not a recommendation Allied Aire, Inc. would make to our customers. Allied Aire Inc. proudly Installs Carrier brand of equipment the most efficient, reliable and most comfortable equipment in the Industry and there is a big difference in brands of equipment and Allied Aire, Inc. is not the highest or the lowest, we are Very competitive when comparing Apples to Apples. I am always available to talk about any Issues you may have but so far I have not received any calls from you. Thanks, Jeff Shue, President Allied Aire, Inc.

06/28/2013

Mindy G.

They did a good job. We were happy they were willing to just do the labor.

Description of Work
I had a fan motor go out in my air conditioner. My husband bought the motor but could not install it. They were fine with this.

06/05/2013

Peter K.

I found them on Angie's List. It is still pending, I have to contact them about one issue I have so I will speak with them and may be have them come back for something.

Description of Work
I got a completely new residential HVAC system from Allied Aire Inc.

03/06/2013

Phillip S.

Overall experience was very good as described above. No problems and very satisfied with the service.

Description of Work
We had a gas furnace that would not start, thermostats calling for heat but the furnace would not start. After joining Angie's List we called Allied Aire, Inc. first thing in the morning. Response was that technician would come between 11am and 1pm. Tech showed up as promised, diagnosed the problem saying that a circuit board was defective along with a safety switch.He was able to restore service to the furnace temporarily so that we had heat. He ordered both parts which were shipped to him the next morning. He arrived at 12noon and installed the parts. The technician (Jeff Shue, company owner) was very professional, wore shoe covers while in our house, and completed the work in a satisfactory manner. I plan to continue with Allied Aire as our regular HVAC ser vice company & would recommend them to anybody.

01/29/2013

Peter T.

Fast, professional, and fair. A perfect experience.

Description of Work
The service technician inspected our furnace, which had stopped running, and he reset it and made it heat our house again.

01/03/2013

Kathleen M.

,Found the problem,fixed it for the price of the service call w/a caution if it failed again it would be best to replace it. It did and knowing the problem they came ready with the part. Had it working again in no time. Haven't had a problem since. I like the fact they tried to save me the money the first time in.

Description of Work
Prompt, courtious, professional.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for sharing your service experience with Allied Aire, Inc.. We are thankful for the opportunity to serve our customers. Jeff Shue, President Allied Aire, Inc. 704-791-8134

12/29/2012

Daina F.

My AC unit went out. I call and they had someone come out the same day. He diagnosed the problem and gave me 2 options. I could either replace the entire unit (it is 23 years old) or I could replace one of the motors. If I replace the motor there was no guarantee it wouldn't go out the next day. I replaced the motor. They came out the day after I called them and replaced it. It has been working every since with no issues. This is the second time I have used them and both times have been very pleased with their level of professionalism. I would definitely recommend them and will use them in the future if needed.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for sharing your service experience with others. We greatly appreciate you and all of our wonderful customers. Thank you, Jeff Shue, President Allied Aire, Inc. 704-791-8134

11/19/2012

Kerry M.

Excellent service. They are great people to work with.They are very professional and meticulous.

Description of Work
They installed a HVAC unit. They also cleaned our air ducts.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. Jeff Shue, President Allied Aire, Inc.

10/29/2012

Donna B.

no problems. He checked the A/c,. furnace, outside unit.. there were a few issues such as duct work not positioned correctly, outside unit was covered partially by mulch so air flow was not efficient. He cleaned out the outside unit, checked and discovered pressure was low, possibly indicating a leak. He added more coolant. As the house has a home warranty, we agreed to call the home warranty company to follow up on the possible leak. We agreed to contact Allied Aire if further leak testing was required. Both my husband and I were happy with the service Allied Aire provided. We are happy that we set up for the 1 yr maintenance contract.

Description of Work
Checked our A/C and did comprehensive evaluation. Set up maintenance contract.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for sharing your service experience. Jeff Shue, President Allied Aire, Inc.

08/02/2012

Daniel B.

The thermostat was fine. For the inspection he ended up recommending a bunch of crap that I didn't need. I had somebody else come out and look it over to verify. Allied Aire said the inside coil needed cleaning or replacing or something. Well the other guy showed me and he did not even break the seal. The unit is sealed with this silicone stuff and he didn't even break the seal. I thought that company was shady.

Description of Work
I used Allied Aire to install a thermostat and do an inspection.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

I am sorry you feel like your service was unstisfactory. I demand only professional and accurate service from our technicians. I will research what was done at your home and call you with a solution to the problem. Jeff Shue, President Allied Aire, Inc. 704-791-8134

05/09/2012

Andriette A.

Everything was excellent. When I first called, a service tech gave me some helpful advice to hold us over until they could get to our house. Jeff, the tech, arrived on time, explained everything thoroughly, and replaced the part immediately. He was very helpful and professional. I highly recommend using Allied Aire.

Description of Work
Replaced bad condenser motor on central air conditioner unit.

Air Works Cooling & Heating LLC

Airworks Cooling & Heating, LLC is dedicated to providing the best possible solution for your home or business. You can count on us to provide you with a system and solution that fits your unique needs and since we've installed many systems in this area. Additional fax - (704) 248-9467. Additional contact name - Rick Latino.

Air Care Heating And Cooling

Air Care Heating and Cooling, formerly James Brown Air Conditioning & Heating was founded in 2007 by the owner and license holder, James Brown, though James has serviced the Charlotte area for almost 20+ years with other companies in the area. The initial service fee is $89 and after that the cost is determined by the job. Free second opinions and free estimates on replacement are available. Financing is available. Additional email - info@aircarecharlotte.com.

Mechanical Doctor Inc

Mechanical Doctor Inc, Inc. is a family-owned and operated business since 2001, and we've always taken pride in providing the best in quality workmanship at every job we perform. We know how important your air conditioning and heating systems are to your home and your family, so we'll always do everything we can to keep them in the best shape possible. From routine maintenance and inspections to full installations and replacements, our Rock Hill|SC and Charlotte|NC heating and air conditioning professionals can handle any job you need to be done. Your Prescription for Comfort ~ Mechanical Doctor Inc.

L.29932
    North Carolina
    North Carolina: Plumbers
    12/31/2021
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available, American Express

Full service repairs for heat pumps, gas furnaces, air conditioners, package units and ductless split systems. Service and installation of accessory items: humidifiers, electronic air cleaners, purifiers, UV lights, air knights. Annual maintenance programs, yearly check ups, seasonal check-ups. Sales and installations on retrofit systems or change out of existing systems. Duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning.

$25.00 off any service call when repair is completed