DIAMOND RESTORATION

Founded 2009 • With Angi since October 2011

416 Old Charlotte Rd SW

Concord, NC 28027

Diamond Restoration is a full service restoration contractor providing water damage restoration, fire mitigation, contents cleaning, and full reconstruction. We are licensed General Contractor with IICRC certified staff. NOTE: Our entire staff is insurance and ALL have cleared background checks!

07/16/2020

Ron W.

Twice I’ve used their service with outstanding results each time. They won’t sell you anything you don’t need. Very honest business!

Description of Work
Roofing repair and siding repair

Category custom cabinets, roofing

03/20/2018

Kathleen G.

It went very well. I am happy with the work.

Description of Work
Installation of LVP in living room, dining area, kitchen, sunroom, laundry room, two bathrooms, and carpeting in two bedrooms. Repair of wood-rot damaged outside door and installation of storm/screen door.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, woodworking

09/24/2017

ROSALIND R.

Great. They exceeded normal expectations. This is my second time using Diamond and if the need ever occurs, I would use them again. All personnel was professional, polite & courteous.

Description of Work
Diamond Restoration responded to a water loss to our home. The structure was dried using air movers and dehumidification. The repair were performed by Diamond Restoration also. They replaced the damaged drywall, trim, flooring and paint and restored the home to its pre-loss condition.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, water damage restoration, woodworking, interior painters

05/12/2017

GAYLE L.

The work was originally done last spring/summer. Then recently, we had a rain that was somewhat heavy. I noticed that the floor in the room that had been fixed was wet. And I noticed water on the wall and windowsill. I contacted Diamond Restoration and they immediately sent someone out to correct the situation. I appreciate that they immediately jumped on my call and it had repaired correctly within a week.

Description of Work
We had a gutter that was leaking into the house, rotting out the window and wall where it was leaking. Diamond Restoration fixed both the gutter, re-did the window and the wall.

Category drywall, gutter repair, water damage restoration, woodworking, interior painters

04/05/2017

Michael W.

Called and gave information, was told I would get a call back in 48 hours. I was never contacted again. Not even an email.

Description of Work
Water restoration

03/27/2017

Earl M.

Start to finish the best service, highest quality I've seen in a very long time.

Description of Work
Floor removal and replacement after water damage. Contents packing and all associated task involved with complete floor replacement on the entire main level.

12/01/2016

Sabrina S.

They were very courteous, they had gotten the work done in a timely manner.

Description of Work
They repaired the flooring and put in a new floor. I had some water damage.

10/31/2016

Claude G.

Took a while to get back to me but once we connected, employment was wonderful, professional, prompt, courteous. I would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Repaired door jam and painted front door and sidelights inside and out.

Category interior painters

10/09/2016

From Project Map. On time worked with insurance company to from start to finish advised me how the process & steps worked go, got a plumber repaired a stopped water damage removed all damaged areas, dried out & re-installed or replaced damaged items. Kept me updated . Stood behind their work.

Description of Work
Restoration from a water leak. Located & repaired leak. David out area, replaced Sheetrock, baseboard vanity painted, installed flooring, new vanity a plumbing.

10/03/2016

Lee H.

It went extremely well. The company over performed in virtually every area. We found that everyone we dealt with was all knowledgeable. They did the work quickly and it was done to our satisfaction. The project management was also done extremely well. They were very considerate and responsive to our concerns. They handled everything on a very professional level.

Description of Work
They ripped out the damaged carpet, tile and bathroom floor. They replaced it all. They also took out damaged insulation and treated the area underneath the house.

Category mold removal

09/16/2016

Joann R.

Selected Diamond Restoration after meeting with Troy Sounders, project mgr. Glad we did! The damaged flooring was worse than initially anticipated. Troy took care of everything including addressing the additional repair need with our insurance. The floors are beautiful and the clean-up was outstanding!

Description of Work
Replace hardwood floors in living room and hallway. Sand and refinish hard wood floors in living, hallway, dinning room, and foyer. Remove carpeting and pad 2 bedrooms. Replace padding and clean and reinstall carpeting in 2 bedrooms. Remove and install bathroom. Vanity, replace quarter round molding and paint molding throughout aforementioned rooms.

09/15/2016

Chantel C.

Work for tile was contracted out- but the finish product & beautiful- the company hired very professional people to came in and complete the work. Diamond restoration did all of the other work. The entire stuff was friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Water leak from master bathroom toilet and shower damaged downstairs light fixture and ceiling. Total demo of the bathroom floor and shower. New floor (tile) was put down in the bathroom- new tiled shower w/ glass walls and door was installed- new ventilation fan, access lighting and tile was added to the front of the gallon tub to match the floor and shower. Ceiling repairs and new light fixtures downstairs in the kitchen.

09/12/2016

Nicole S.

They fixed leak, replaced a wall, fixed a wall , replaced hardwood floors & partial.

Description of Work
Work was completed 8/27/16. significant water damage by tenants. I was out of state & Diamond went in took pictures, gave me a quote told me went to expect. What way change when the started demo. Every step of the way they kept me in the loop. And finished on schedule.

08/27/2016

Judith C.

When Diamond Restoration arrived to give us an estimate for our house reconstruction, they came prepared with pad, pencil, camera and tape measure. They took extensive pictures of every aspect of what was left of our house. They had a plastic portfolio that described the company and their services and had an extensive reference list. They did not have high pressure sales techniques but explained that they would rebuild our home and would work with the insurance company as necessary to rebuild our home to its pre-fire condition. We met Carol, the owner and Zach. We were assigned Troy Souders as the project manager. He kept us informed throughout the process of what would happen next. He was available for questions and met with us often to discuss the progress. Any concerns we had were promptly taken care of by Troy. Some adjustments needed to be made to the insurance company estimate and Troy handled all of that. We would recommend Diamond Restoration to anyone in this situation.

Description of Work
Rebuilt entire house and garage after a fire.

08/16/2016

Michelle B.

Cannot praise the arrival time, we had the sewage leakage before a party, they arrived in ½ hrs, after we called and sanitized untill all damaged materials were removed and sanitized. The staff was courteous and they all did neat work, always called to tell us they were on the way with a time frame. The job was beautiful, from Sheetrock, trim to painting carpet.

Description of Work
Removal of carpet, trim, and drywall damaged from sewer leakage, sanitizing and drying of area, replacement of drywall, trim, carpet – painting done.

Category carpet installation, drywall, flooring contractor, water damage restoration, interior painters

07/14/2016

Lynda B.

All employees were personable and professional.

Description of Work
Problem: Dish washer leak partial, cabinet remake - New kitchen countertops necessary sink installed - kitchen flooring replaced with new baseboards - dish washer repaired and replaced. Also assisted in providing samples of countertops and flooring available.

Category water damage restoration, home remodeling

06/21/2016

david K.

Like most construction jobs it took longer than planned. The end results look great. Great improvement over the '70s tile and fixtures that were there originally. . It was good having the estimator (Troy) serve as project manger, he kept on top over everything and I like that he could do the estimate himself He also suggested and installed several improvements without nickel and dimeing me. . The 2 subcontractors (tile and plumbing) did a great job.

Description of Work
Due to water damage from a leaking shower pan I remodeled 2 adjacent bathrooms. Job included demolition, replacing tile, painting, plumbing upgrade and painting. Since the floor was damaged by dry rot Insurance wasn't involved and I paid for the work myself.

Category water damage restoration, home remodeling

04/21/2016

Stephen M.

Complete kitchen remodel due to water leak. Diamond restoration provided excellent service.

Description of Work
Kitchen demo, restore sub floor, rebuilt kitchen cabinets, crawl space insulation, replace hot water heater, paint, new hardwood flooring

Category custom cabinets, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, insulation, remodeling, water damage restoration, home remodeling, interior painters

08/23/2015

Edwin B.

Diomond was great. They were very responsive and accommodating. My wife is pregnant and it was very important to us to have all non VOC glue and paint. It did delay the project a bit but they worked it out. Their trim work and painting was great!

Description of Work
Repair water damage to Hardwoods and tile floor.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, water damage restoration, woodworking, interior painters

Thank you so much and we to are pleased with the results also. We wish you the best with your new addition! Enjoy and may life treat you well.

05/31/2015

Michael L.

Overall, Diamond did nice work. We had a few hiccups, where they forgot about an appointment they had scheduled with us, but upon calling, they sent someone over in a couple hours. They worked with us on pricing, as we where trying to reduce some items to help offset our deductible, but when our insurance actually came back willing to pay more than Diamond was going to charge us, the guy from Diamond, all of a sudden, wanted to charge us what the insurance was willing to pay, not the original quote. My wife caught that quickly and Diamond held their original quote. This could have been a mistake, but still had us questioning. Again, they did great work, but be sure to check the math when it comes to billing.

Description of Work
Water leak in upstairs bath, Diamond completely dried the area, made all proper repairs, replaced the flooring, cleaned carpets, and painted. Total process took about 2 weeks.

Category water damage restoration

Thanks for the response and the feedback, it gives us the opportunity to improve our services. I am glad that we were able to work out the deductible and save you some money but sorry for the math error. I am glad you are please with the quality.

04/16/2015

I-Chin L.

We had 3 water damages in a row to our house in the past few months. The workers from Diamond Restoration are professional, courteous, and they stand behind their work. Our project manager, Troy Sauders, is very responsive and is more than helpful. He and his men came quickly each time we had a water damage, whether it was on a Saturday morning or on the day after Christmas, to stop and prevent further damage. This is remarkable because we live an hour away from their location and he and his men were working on 2 fire scenes about 1.5 hours away from us when we called them to come after our 3rd water damage on a Saturday morning. He also helped me through the insurance claim process and came to our house after each water damage to meet with the insurance adjuster. He pays attention to details so he found that the adjuster missed some things in his estimate in the first water damage and he quickly submitted supplement to the insurance to straighten things up. I?m a very demanding person but Troy was very patient with me and they tried their best to make things perfect. When they fixed the ceiling and the wall after our first water damage, the natural lighting in our living room made it hard for the technician to smooth out the ceiling (the lighting caused some kind of distortion, which they never encountered before). They came several times to fix it but it was really hard to fix because the ceiling looked fine during daytime and the shadow caused by the bumps only showed at night. Then Troy asked the technician to use his hands to feel the bumps of our ceiling instead of just looking at it, so they were able to get it fixed. My husband and I are pretty sure they lost money on our projects because I asked them to make so many trips! But Troy was never upset with me during this whole process. When the technician came to paint the baseboards after our 3rd water damage, he found that the regulator of our main water valve in the laundry room closet was slowly dripping. Troy quickly came to confirm it and get it replaced the next day! This saved our new beautiful wood flooring! (We paid for this replacement of course because it was not their fault.) We were so blessed that they found it in time otherwise we might never find out until it is too late since the closet was dark and we never really go into it. One more thing. And this was really my fault. I left one of our wedding gifts on the mantel when they came to set up the dryer after our first water damage. It is a glass cross that looks almost translucent so the technician accidentally broke it because it was hard to see it. It was completely shattered. Troy tried very hard to find a replacement but could not find any because it was from 10 years ago. So Troy did the most amazing thing: he glued all the pieces back together. When it was returned to us, it looked like new! He used his own time to do it. It must be numerous hours because there were hundreds of small pieces. Yet he did it! Talk about losing money and time over our projects! So the moral behind the story is: Please get your things out of the way when the guys are doing their work because we certainly don?t want Troy to lose any more time on this kind of thing! Oh, and Erin Kraft at Rite Rug that they recommended was also amazing. I was initially kind of worried because somehow the reviews for Rite Rug (in another location) are not good on Angie List. But Erin really steered me to the right direction and helped me choose a beautiful wood flooring for my house within my budget. She let me bring back many flooring samples to try under different lighting throughout the day twice for several days (of course she was also very patient with me when I tried to make up my mind on the ?perfect? flooring). Anyway, we highly recommend Diamond Restoration (and Erin Kraft)!

Description of Work
Dried wet structure. Replaced hardwood, vinyl, and carpet flooring. Fixed walls and ceilings. Repainted walls. Replaced regulator on our main water valve. Wired our ceiling and installed a new chandelier.

Category carpet installation, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, lighting, remodeling, water damage restoration, interior painters

Thank you very much for the kind remarks. It is greatly appreciated and our workers love to hear these kind of things.

06/23/2014

TERRI W.

Diamond restoration responded to our call in within 2 hours! They took care of the emergency and from that point on, they were excellent with their service from start to finish. Highly recommend Troy, Jack and their team.

Description of Work
Dried wet structure, removed damaged flooring, sand & refinished hardwoods and repainted walls.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, water damage restoration, interior painters

Thanks so much for you review and pointing out the people that went above and beyond.

04/28/2014

Frankie F.

This was an emergency situation which they gave immediate attention and prevented further damage. Troy Souders managed the project paying attention to every detail while keeping me informed. Troy and Zach attended my meeting with the insurance adjustor providing their expertise which I believe made for a much smoother transaction. I cannot say enough about the quality of their work from making sure everything was appropriately dried and sanitized to outstanding drywall work, painting, plumbing and flooring. In addition they have the best contacts, i.e. they recommended Erin Kraft at Rite Rug for selecting flooring - she is also amazing! All in all Diamond Restoration made a bad situation the best possible. This company is all inclusive - I am so glad I did not let the plumber cut into my ceiling!

Description of Work
Clean and repair damage from a water leak including properly drying out, repairing plumbing issue, replacing dry wall, carpet and other flooring, and painting.

Category carpet installation, drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, water damage restoration, interior painters

Thanks so much for your review and pointing out special people. This is one of the ways we can reward our employees. Happy New Year

04/10/2014

Kyle T.

Diamond Restoration is the real deal. They carefully quoted the project and drafted up a contract to protect themselves and me. As an attorney, I really appreciated this. Their team was hard working, professional, and nice group of guys. Most importantly, the work they did was superb. They really paid attention to detail. In fact, as they painted and did a lot of finishing work on my property, they discovered defects from the previous builder and instead of overlooking these, they took the time to fix every last detail. I know that this made the project run longer than expected and probably hurt Diamond Restoration's margins on this project, but they did it anyway. Rare to find a company that will stand by their word and their original quote and do the right thing for you like that. On top of that, Zach and his team are responsive and make themselves available to the homeowner. Really can't say enough good things about his company.

Description of Work
The provider did extensive work on a freestanding garage and mother in law suite on my property. This job was particularly difficult because we had a less professional builder initially working on the project and there were a lot of things that needed to be fixed in addition to finishing the project. Diamond's direct was also involved as a subcontractor earlier in the project and their work was so excellent that when I needed to hire someone to replace the previous builder and finish the project right I had confidence in them to do the job.

Thanks (Member Name Removed) Happy New Year

01/15/2014

Jennifer S.

Backstory: We hung an item on our wall 6 months ago using drywall screw anchors. Upon drilling the holes we unknowingly punctured a drain pipe to the upstairs bathroom. The screw anchors prevented us from seeing the holes or the leak that incurred for about 5-6 months. Two days before Christmas, we found a puddle of water in the floor and realized there was a leak. We got the pipe repaired and thought we could repair the hole in the wall ourselves. However, after making a hole larger than 18"X12" and still seeing damage, we decided to call in professionals. We called Diamond Restoration on Christmas Eve morning...a representative came out within the hour to assess the damage. She looked at our wall, gave us a price estimate based on what she could see, and scheduled someone to come out on Dec 26th. Then before leaving, she covered the hole in plastic, sprayed some chemical to treat the mold and swept up under the hole (it was a mess we had made, but she wanted to make sure she got any mold out of the house...she even had another employee bring out a bottle of cleaner to get it done that day). Luckily, for us we live very close to their location, and this was done very quickly, which enabled us to get back to things we needed to do on Christmas Eve. On the 26th, two gentlemen came to remove the moldy drywall and see if there was any further damage under the house. They did not see any, but could see where the water was leaking in the crawlspace and sprayed/painted to prevent any possible mold growth in the future. The hole they cut ended up being at least 5' high and the length of the wall about 4-5 feet. They had to remove the baseboard and part of the molding around a doorway. On the 30th we received a quote for the work preformed and the work left to do. It was $300 under what we had been verbally quoted...partly because there was no damage under the house. Still, coming in under made us happy. On the 31st a gentleman came out in the afternoon to put up new drywall. He did a fantastic job, was very quick, and very professional. He needed to allow the drywall time to dry, so he came back on Jan 2nd to finish the job. He used paint from what we had saved from painting the kitchen previously. He also painted and attached the doorframe and baseboard. When he got finished, you couldn't even tell where the drywall had been removed. There was some discussion over whether the baseboard should be cut or not to allow the vent cover for an air duct to fit properly. He left it, but we discovered later that evening that it needed to be cut, so we call Diamond Restoration to see if they could come back and do it. They said they would, but between our phone call and them having a chance to fit us into their schedule, a cold snap came through the area. Diamond Restoration called and explained that they had gotten slammed with calls about busted pipes from the weather. They asked if we could push out getting the baseboard fixed. We completely understood, and they said they would call back when they had an opening. Two days later, they called just to let us know they were still busy, but hadn't forgot about us. Again we had no problem with that because we knew our repair was just cosmetic in nature. Finally, on Jan 15th, the drywall gentleman and a coworker came out to finish the baseboard, which had needed to be cut to put the vent cover back on flush. They just left and it looks great!! On top of everyone's professionalism, they were also very kind to our dogs and considerate to the baby sleeping upstairs - small gestures but they meant a lot to us. Overall, we hope we never need to use this type of service again, but if we do we know to call Diamond Restoration!!

Description of Work
Repaired wall damaged by leaky pipe and containing mold.

[member name removed], Hope all is well now! Happy New Year