Carolina Tree Care

Founded 1987 • With Angi since May 2010

520 Webb Rd

Concord, NC 28025

Carolina Tree Care is a TCIA Accredited Company with many ISA Certified Arborists on staff. We provide exceptional quality service to the Residential, Commercial, and Municipal markets. Our approach to the care of trees starts with our uncompromising values. INTEGRITY Carolina Tree Care's

Bob P.
08/11/2021
Very good. All was done that I requested and the clean up was very good. There were two workers.
Description of Work
Cut down a dead branch on a pine tree. Trimmed crape myrtle and dogwood trees in front of house. Pruned various trees in the rear of house to raise the canopy.
Susan B.
11/14/2017
They arrived early and cleaned up more than just their mess!
Description of Work
Major trimming of a river birch tree including removal of a divided trunk.
ROBERT P.
09/13/2017
Fast and efficient crew. They also communicated with us very well before and after. Highly recommend.
Description of Work
Removed several trees that were leaning up against our newly-purchased home
Bunny N.
06/08/2017
Great! They arrived on time and completed the work per estimate.
Description of Work
They removed a very large dying oak on our property that was close to our house. The location was difficult but their workers were extremely competent and professional and got the job done! They also cut down a much smaller dead tree and dead limbs off another tall oak on the property.
Daniel C.
06/23/2014
I was pleased with the results. He did a good job. I went with them largely based on the reviews we saw on Angie's List.
Description of Work
For tree service, we went with Carolina Tree. They cut down several trees in our lot.
tree service

Hi [removed member name], Thank you for taking a few minutes of your time to give us a great review! We love to hear from our customers, especially happy ones! It's great to hear that our crew was professional and you are satisfied with the quality of our work. It was a pleasure to serve you!
SANDRA B.
06/16/2014
Joshua gave me the estimate. He was punctual for the appointment and gave me some good advice on how to handle the spruce trees. They got really chopped back by the power line crews on one side only and looked terrible and were at risk for falling onto the house as they only had half a roof system and were weighted heavily towards the house side - double whammy. He suggested lightening the canopies to allow the wind to blow through them. The crew also arrived promptly and did everything we agreed including managing to drag a really enormous downed tree up out of a steep creek and placing it nicely along the edge of my natural area. Clean up was excellent - they brought a chipper. I wasn't there for about half the job and so didn't know what I would see when I got home, but I was quite satisfied. I am having them back to do some more limbing up. Based on the amount of equipment and manpower and effort I would say the price was fair. I probably could have gotten a lower price with lower technology and more debris.
Description of Work
Limbed up 2 very large spruce trees on creek bank requiring bucket truck. Cut overhanging lateral branches on hickory requiring climbing. Cut an enormous fallen tree out that was straddling a creek bank and dragged the cut trunk pieces up the bank (10 feet) to my yard and put them where I wanted them.
tree service

[Member name removed], thank you for taking the time to write a great review! Your feedback helps us to rate how well we did and look for areas of improvement. It was great to hear that both our Arborist Sales Rep and our crew were punctual. Your poor Spruce Pines needed some care and attention and we were happy to help save them. And we pride ourselves on doing quality work and are happy to hear you had a great experience with Carolina Tree Care.
Mike B.
04/18/2014
It was all positive, they did a really good job with the tree that I wanted taken out priceless player They're very professional. They did a very good clean up.
Description of Work
Carolina Tree Care had taken down a tree for me.
Carl G.
11/15/2013
They did great work. James was great. He took extra time to make sure I was happy with the way things were done and he went the extra mile for me.
Description of Work
They trimmed up several trees that had died
Scott F.
11/15/2013
The service was good. Everything was fine. They always do a great job for us.
Description of Work
They trimmed some trees in our front yard. We have used them several times.
Caitlin C.
11/15/2013
The service was great. They were the lowest priced provider. They were on time for the work. They did a good job.
Description of Work
They took down three trees for us.
erik G.
11/15/2013
The service was fine. I was happy with their work.
Description of Work
They cut a tree down for me.
Martha B.
11/15/2013
They did a fine job. They did a really good job cleaning up. They cleaned up the ruts and everything else. I would use them again.
Description of Work
They took down a tree for us.
Dwight P.
10/10/2013
First off, the original appointment was on 09/25/13. I made this 2.5 weeks before service with Charles Floyd. On that day they never called to say they were going to be late. I called several times and finally after 1200, Joshua Franz called to cancel the service. I was upset of the lack of effort in communicating to me any info on where they were. He did ask for a reschedule of which I only had the next day (09/26/13) to do the job. When they did come out, they came as expected BUT they did not have all the tools to do the job. They had no ladders for my 12' shrubs or hand pruners for my 3 Japanese Maples. They also DID NOT have the bracing for one of my Bradford trees. This was explained to them in their work order. Miscommunication again on what they are suppose to do. The foreman said somebody would come out 09/27/13 to finish the bracing of the tree. While they were there 09/26/13, they did a very good job on what I asked them to do. As for somebody coming out the next day, NOBODY SHOWED UP. I called at 1615 and left a message. I also emailed them on their failure to communicate AGAIN. Charles Floyd came out that Monday, 09/30/13. I spoke with him on my displeasure with his company. And one final note, they DO NOT take PayPal as payment any more. They failed to tell me of this when I first got a quote. I complained to Carolina Tree again but they did work it out. The review would have been higher if they would of offered a discount on what the screwed up on their end.
Description of Work
Removed one tree, trimmed 5 other trees and shrubs around my home.
tree service

Unfortunately, this was a case where we completely dropped the ball and provided less than adequate communication. I appreciate the honest feedback from our client and we will use this as a learning opportunity. Despite the complications, the work was completed to the customers satisfaction, which at the end of the day is what we strive to do with all of our customers.
Patricia C.
08/19/2013
What a professional group - very courteous. They cleaned everything up after they were done, even blew off all debris from the driveway - exceptional service! Will definitely use them again as we have a lot of trees on our property and will need to keep trimmed. We would highly recommend this company.
Description of Work
Took out two trees, ground the stumps and trimmed a third tree
Jennifer J.
03/22/2013
The guy came out to give me an estimate for the work then sent his crew out to complete the work. When I got home, I noticed the crew left without finishing the job. When I called him, he said his crew could not get to the areas to complete the work even though he provided an estimate for the work. They also caused damage to my other shrubbery such as broken branches that I had remove. I had a lot of trouble getting them to come back out to finish the job.
Description of Work
I hired them to take down a couple trees and grind some stumps.
tree service

We truly strive to make all our customer requests happen in an safe, efficient, and professional manner. This was simply a case of trying to place equipment into very tight places and simply it was calculated incorrectly. Every attempt was made to try to complete the job as sold but unfortunately we did encounter these speed bumps. We made every attempt we could to repair the damage and completed the job as requested. We take responsibility for falling short.
Sharon S.
06/29/2012
They did a good job and were prompt.
Description of Work
They removed six trees.
Alberto S.
06/28/2012
However, they treated the trees with the wrong material and killed all seven. They did remove and replace them with eight foot tall trees. They tried to rectify the situation but I am still not happy.
Description of Work
They were to treat my seven twenty five feet tall Cypress Trees.
tree service

This was a very unfortunate situation where the formulation of the chemical used to treat the trees was changed by the manufacturer without our knowledge. As a result, parts of these trees were scorched and died back. We made several attempts to treat the trees to save them throughout the summer months, with minimal success. We photographed the progress, but eventually decided that they were not going to regain their previous luster and opted to remove them, grind the stumps, and replace them in the fall with the largest matching trees available. We certainly understand how frustrating it is to lose mature trees, and it is next to impossible to replace them, but we tried to repair the mistake as best as possible and have since stopped using that product and its manufacturer.
LILLIAN L.
06/28/2012
They were excellent. They seemed professional. They cleaned up well and left no debris behind. Overall, they did a good job. They prices were also competitive with everyone else.
Description of Work
They removed a tree for us.
Edward S.
06/28/2012
They were prompt. They came and gave me a quote on time. They were very professional. They had a good team, that did good work. I have no problems with their service. I got exactly what I paid for. I found the price was also reasonable considering the size of the tree.
Description of Work
They removed a huge tree in my backward that I was concerned about. They took it down, cut it up, and did a real good job.
Leo F.
06/28/2012
They did a good job. I was pleased with the work.
Description of Work
They cut down some trees in my yard.
CHARLES E A.
06/28/2012
However, I am not completely satisfied. In the process of removing the tree they have punched some holes in the concrete. There is one big hole and four other small holes. I have called Mr. Franz continuously. Mr. Franz continues to tell me someone would be out to make the repairs. Someone has come to look at the situation but no repairs have been made. I would really like for someone to come out and make the appropriate repairs.
Description of Work
They removed a tree in my yard and did a good job.
barbara M.
06/14/2012
Very pleased with the work and the professionalism of their crew.
Description of Work
Two enormous out-of-control trees trimmed; bushes removed; stump grinding. Also, treated tress for fungus and insect infestation. Work was done exactly as discussed and at the time scheduled. I would highly recommend Carolina Tree Care and would, of course, use them again in the future should the need arise.
Christine D.
05/25/2012
They did exactly what they said they would do when they said they'd do it. They were very responsive and accommodating to our needs. This was very important to us as we live quite a ways from the actual job site.
Description of Work
Trimmed 5 trees around the house and yard.
BOBBI V.
04/10/2012
The experience was good overall! They cleaned up everything well, did a nice job, and I was satisfied.
Description of Work
They cut down some trees.
ANN MARIE S.
12/09/2011
The work turned out excellent. They are very nice people and did a wonderful job. They also did a number of other trees in our neighborhood and everyone else was happy with them. They cleaned up extremely well.
Description of Work
They took down a very tall tree over our fence line.
tree service

Great clean up is a high priority for all of our jobs, I'm glad we were able to exceed your expectations! We appreciate the referrals in your neighborhood as well!