A & B Appliance Service

Founded 1998 • With Angi since June 2010

5755 Johnston Ct

Climax, NC 27233

Established in 1998, A&B Appliance Service is Christian family owned and operated by Phil Armfield. Offers over 25 years of professional experience by our Factory Trained Technician, "Phil Armfield". You'll receive personalized customer service in a timely, efficient manner and enjoy top-quality appliance repair using only the best retail parts and supplies available. We provide a 90 day warranty on all our service and repair work. That is a 100% guarantee to ensure you are completely satisfied with our work. We also offer trouble shooting your problem before actually setting up a service call by our friendly Office Manager, "Anita Armfield", who is gladly standing by to take your call. We are an Authorized Service Center for WHIRLPOOL, KITCHENAIDE, MAYTAG, NEPTUNE, TAPPAN, ROPER, FRIGIDAIRE, AMANA and ADMIRIAL. But also service brand names: GE-Hotpoint-Kelvinator-Magic Chef-White Westinhouse-Crosley, and KENMORE...

appliance repair (46)dryer vent cleaning (2)

02/24/2020

Great, Tech was helpful and honest.

Description of Work
Estimate of Dryer Repair

Work Completed On 02/24/2020

11/21/2019

Phil came out on a Monday to assess the situation. He had to order parts, but was back that next Wednesday to complete the job. Everything works great again. He gave me a time window of when he would be at my house, and gave me a call when he was on his way. That made it easier to leave and get back to work.

Description of Work
A heating element for my dishwasher and a light switch for my freezer.

Work Completed On 11/13/2019

07/25/2019

Prompt service.. Upfront pricing. Very easy to work with. Highly recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
Repaired washer and cleaned dryer duct.. Also repaired oven

Category appliance repair,dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 07/16/2019

09/15/2018

Phil was great. Very professional, did the job in a timely manner and showed me exactly what was wrong. I will definitely hire him again if I need appliance repair.

Description of Work
Dishwasher not draining

Work Completed On 09/11/2018

03/12/2018

Replaced defective part and cleaned making it run good as new

Description of Work
Dryer repair

Work Completed On 03/12/2018

02/20/2018

I contacted them through Angie's List. I was given an explanation and rough price on fixing this issue and a time of service. Phil came out and was 30 minutes early (better than late). He went right to work and at the end of the service he explained the problem and how he fixed it. I have already added A & B to my number 1 call for appliance service.

Description of Work
Troubleshoot Noise from Dryer

Work Completed On 02/16/2018

11/29/2017

GREAT! They are always on time, professional, reasonably priced, and pleasant. Having a company meet expectations is so unusual in this country in 2017.

Description of Work
Installed new water hoses on washer and upgraded dryer vent.

Work Completed On 10/02/2017

11/21/2017

My washing machine started leaking water early one morning and I called A&B in a tizzy as soon as they opened. Anita listened carefully to my problem and offered some troubleshooting tips to avoid having to schedule a service call. When they did not work, she said they were fully booked into the next week but recommended another repairman. I decided to wait for A&B; they were able to squeeze me in...

Description of Work
Fixing washing machine which was leaking water.

Work Completed On 11/17/2017

10/04/2017

We inherited a refrigerator/freezer when we purchased a new home and noticed that the things were not freezing properly. When we felt the side of the freezer, it was almost too hot to touch. My husband, who is an engineer, trouble shot the problem and figured out that it was either the condenser fan motor or the mother board that the condenser fan motor connects to. He needed help figuring out whi...

Description of Work
A freezer repair

Work Completed On 08/28/2017

I apologize for your dissatisfaction. Unfortunately diagnosis are not always 100% conclusive and although we give [Member Information Removed] 100% guarantee on any repair that we make, that guarantee is on [Member Information Removed] completed repair and not on [Member Information Removed] diagnosis.

05/31/2017

Ice maker was replaced and working fine.

Description of Work
Ice maker not working.

Work Completed On 05/03/2017

Appliance Repair & Service - Refrigerators, Washers – Top & Front Load, Dryers – Electric & Gas, Cook Tops – Electric & Gas, Ranges, Wall Ovens, Microwave Ovens, Range Hoods, Dishwashers, Garbage Disposals, Hot Water Heaters, & Window Air Conditioners.

We do not : service COMMERCIAL appliances, gas water heaters, small appliances or electronics (TV's) We do not service the Brand Names: Bosch-LG-Sub Zero-SAMSUNG or any other high-end/built-in unit brands.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover