You-Name-It Handyman and Carpentry Services

Founded 2013 • With Angi since April 2013

9301 Westbury Woods Drive C

Charlotte, NC 28277

You-Name -It is a new company. Owned and Operated by Mike Strassner in Charlotte, NC I have been in the construction business since college. I have worked from Laborer to Superintendent in both Residential and Commercial Construction. There is not much I have not seen, installed, or repaired....

05/30/2018

Philip F.

All work was done competently and efficiently.

Description of Work
Replace decking boards.

Category handyman service, deck cleaning

03/27/2018

jim L.

John really did a great job with all the items on my list.The price is good and the quality is great!I'll be back!

Description of Work
crown molding,attic gable vent installed

Category contractors, picture framing, gutter cleaning, handyman service, siding, woodworking

03/23/2018

Sarah A.

The service provider was prompt in arrival, took direction on items to be repaired and went to work with completion in the allotted time frame. The quality of the work was excellent and already scheduling to have additional work completed.

Description of Work
Repair of ceiling fan, installation of outdoor lighting, scraping of popcorn off ceiling with repair and prepping for painting.

10/30/2017

Tricia S.

Great! Mike was super easy to work with and very timely and professional

Description of Work
Repair storm door, install exterior light, replace outlet, power wash, shin doors

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, doors

09/03/2017

P B.

Superb! Mike arrived early and completed the repair under an hour just as he told me. Excellent work. Explained everything. I was so impressed that Mike returned my call the same day, Saturday! Being a holiday weekend I figured I wouldn't hear until following week. I am very happy with Mike and his work AND his response time! Reasonable charge for work.

Description of Work
Gutter repair

Category gutter repair

09/03/2017

GREG L.

I left a detailed voicemail message for Mr. Strassner that I needed some work done in our master closet. I included a detailed description and the fact that I was an Angie's List member. More than a week later, and no callback. His voicemail did not indicate he was out of town or that there would be a delay in callbacks. Back to the list.

Description of Work
Closet storage installation/repair.

Category closet systems, handyman service

07/24/2017

Christopher A.

We ended up going with a different company simply due to cost. Mike was very professional, got back to me in a timely manner, and showed up on time (a lot of contractors are lacking those skills these days). Although I didn't use him this time, I would definitely check with him again when I need work done.

Description of Work
Painting and handyman services.

Category gutter repair, handyman service, siding

07/09/2017

Joshua Z.

scheduled and arrived on time , Very impressed, excellent professional job done, highly recommended!

Description of Work
Highly recommended

Category electrician, handyman service

06/29/2017

Luigi P.

Better than I could have hoped. I sent Mike an email on Saturday, June 27 and later than day he replied by text message. He actually came out on Sunday to get the requirements from me and completed the work on Tuesday and 1/2 day Wednesday. Considering the level of effort required to diagnose the issue and come up with the proper solution, I couldn't be happier. Mike and his team provide first rate work, fast, high quality and professional work. If you need handyman work, look no further. Mike will get it done right the first time, fast and reasonably priced. - Lou, Huntersville, NC

Description of Work
Repair rotting wood front home, leaking front window/seal, paint second floor window frame and shutters.

Category handyman service, woodworking, house painters

06/14/2017

Joe C.

Mike Strassner sent me a nice text saying he was sure he could help and asked that I send a picture of the damaged columns. I sent the picture and he never bother to respond to me after that.

Description of Work
Repair water damage on two columns in front of my home and paint after repair.

05/22/2017

Carmen G.

After consulting with the owner, we agreed to having the gazebo pressure washed instead of having it cleaned by hand; it would be quicker and more cost effective. The worker came on time on the designated day and was polite and efficient. A problem developed when the pressure washer roughed up the wood pretty badly during the cleaning. The worker did some hand sanding before applying the waterproofing, but the gazebo looked pretty rough. After letting it dry for a couple of days we examined it thoroughly and decided we were not satisfied with the results. I called the owner, who agreed to come out and examine the work. After looking it over he offered to come back the next day to go over the gazebo with a sanding machine, which we agreed to. He came the next day and corrected the problem. The owner was very pleasant and accommodating. The gazebo looks fine, and so do our sidewalks and patio which were also pressure washed by the worker. I would use this company again.

Description of Work
We needed our gazebo cleaned and water proofed

Category handyman service, deck cleaning, house painters

05/09/2017

Geoff G.

I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone! Thanks again Mike.

Description of Work
He made what seemed impossible, possible. Mike created a new wall for me with wood-blocking and installed/mounted some heavy commercial gym equipment on it.

Category drywall, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters

05/05/2017

Gregory J.

Mike did an awesome job. He worked hard and was very reasonable in price. I would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Mike came over and build a platform for a garden shed and then assembled the prefab shed.

Category handyman service, woodworking

04/29/2017

Elizabeth C.

The service well, but for 750 I was expecting more. There was a little crease in the ceiling they didn't patch. It could've been done. For the price they charged, they should've done this.

Description of Work
They put sheet rock on the top of my garage and insulated one side. They didn't do sheet rock on the entire garage, it was a bit more than half.

04/12/2017

Mary Ann B.

The major job he accomplished during that time was about 60 feet of crown molding being painted in a bathroom. Two of the jobs we discussed he checked and said they were not necessary, Such as gutters did not need cleaning and he checked three cameras I have attached to my house for security system, none had to be removed . The final job 2 crawl space doors, were to be replaced, largest one was about 2 x 3 feet, there's not enough room to explain that job here... ( short version) he began the job, got about 1/4 through told me it was time to leave and I could get someone else to finish it. I asked what it would cost for him to finish it and when? It was something like $40 an hour I told him I wanted a set price, he calculated and told me $160...4 hours more, he returned on a Saturday the job took him two to three hours. He did not put in a new frame on one of the doors, first door already had a new frame, second, did not. What I got was excuses why not a new frame... I went along... paid him by check when he told me he was done. As he was leaving I saw he had put the materials he had replaced, the trash from the old doors in my garage. I stopped him and asked him about taking that to get rid of it. He told me that would be more money and a trip to the dump. I replied does he not take away the trash when he does a job ? His reply was , no . I was so disgusted I just told him go away. I could have stopped payment on the check until he moved the trash, but I didn't want anything else to do with him and I let it go. Had to manage getting rid of it myself. Knew I would be able to give a review to Angie's List, I think he means well, he works slowly, I provided all materials cost-wise that was not included in his price. He certainly didn't tell me it would cost more to take the trash away! I would not recommend him nor would I use him ever again.

Description of Work
He was hired on a special something like a $160 dollars so I can't recall for six or eight hours of service ... we discussed beforehand what would be done.

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service, woodworking, interior painters, doors

03/09/2017

Deborah C.

Great. He got everything and then some done in the 4 hours.

Description of Work
some painting and other odd jobs

02/24/2017

Karen F.

Excellent service, prompt scheduling and overall wonderful folks to work with. I would highly recommend this service.

Description of Work
Installation of blinds and light fixtures

02/16/2017

Sara A.

Mike is very friendly and efficient. He does great work too! I am so grateful to have found someone who is reliable, professional, and competent. I will continue to use Mike as my go-to person for home repairs and services.

Description of Work
Painting, fix light switch, hang blinds.

02/09/2017

Arthur C.

I ordered the deal and within 3 days they were out here. I ordered it Monday and they came on Wednesday. There was a small fee of $10 for the drywall which was part of the deal. It said that would be additional. I would give everything about what he did an A. He's actually not finished yet, he needs to come back. He only put one coat on, so he's coming back next week. So in terms of how the final project works I don't know how it's going to look until it's finished, but at this point everything seems to be an A. He gave me a quote on some other projects. Some painting projects and to put in a fan in, so those we'll probably do next month with him.

Description of Work
Drywall repair

Category handyman service, plastering

01/30/2017

Kimberli L.

He did a good job, but the area needs a 2nd coat which time did not permit

Description of Work
Sheetrock repair

01/27/2017

Marie S.

The service we received was excellent. We purchased the 4 hour deal that was offered through Angie's List. After finishing the lighting fixtures, we still had time left. Joe applied some caulking in one of our bathrooms. He also reinforced the stairs from our garage into the house. We were very pleased with the service and would contract with this company again.

Description of Work
Changed out 3 exterior lighting fixtures and installed 1 interior lighting fixture w/dimmer switch.

Category contractors, handyman service, lighting

01/02/2017

SHIRLEY S.

He scheduled appointment at 8:00 A.M. on 12/21/16. He didn't show up and didn't call to cancel appointment...still have not heard from him.

Description of Work
Replace light fixture on ceiling fan.

Category handyman service, lighting

08/04/2016

Don R.

Overall, it did not go well. In regard to both pieces of scope, Mike visited the house, scoped things out and provided a quote. Upon arrival to perform the work, Mike didn’t have the ladders he needed and had to reschedule. So after me arranging my work to be home for Mike, we had to reschedule. Annoying. Upon arrival for round two, Mike and one of his team members came over with more ladders and apparently that resulted in a higher price with no mention to me till it was time to ask for payment. In regard to the gutter, Mike and team member simply hammered up one end of the gutter to bend it and create slope twd the downspout. Not the solution we discussed. Mike informed me that correct way to address the standing water was to remove the screws / nails securing the gutter into the fascia board, re-pitch the entire gutter, re-secure it to the fascia board and seal the old holes so they don’t rot. This is what I was informed.. Needless to say the gutter was no correctly fixed and I still have standing water in my gutter, just not in the area where they hammered up the corner.. When Mike felt he was finished, he told me the new total for services and materials was nearly double what he told me the cost would be.. he said that it took him longer to complete, took him time to go get more ladders, etc. I settled at a little less than almost double but feel robbed… paid the guy b/c I wanted to avoid confrontation but after it rained, I noticed the crap job they did with the gutter. I emailed Mike multiple times, very nicely and professionally, seeking a resolution. Mike wasn’t interested finishing the gutter correctly and won’t respond to me.. STAY AWAY

Description of Work
Two pieces of work; 1. Plug up and paint a few woodpecker holes on the trim around a chimney, and 2. Re-pitch a 20 foot section of gutter to better drain toward a downspout.

Category handyman service

[Member Name Removed] did not pay his entire bill, so I did not agree to go back out to adjust the gutter again. After we adjusted the gutter the first time and turned the hose on full blast, it seemed to work perfectly.

03/05/2016

Carol B.

Mike was prompt, professional, and did a great job! I will definitely use his services in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced broken and loose vinyl siding in 3 locations. Also re-fitted eave vinyl section

Category handyman service, siding

02/25/2016

JOYCE N.

He was personable, listened to my design idea and reassured me he could handle the job. He bought supplies I paid for out of our agreed upon price and needed two days to finish job so putty could dry. He showed me the finished job and it suited my overall design. I paid him and didn't complain about the job. When I looked more closely I noticed the wood had not been sanded and was rough. Also seams were open with no caulking. It was the fine job I expected.

Description of Work
He and partner took out wire shelving in master closet, patched holes in walls, repainted them and built new wood shelving.

Category closet systems, drywall, handyman service, woodworking, interior painters

Colors of Paradise Painters

We provide painting interior & exterior Outdoor brick paint Drywall installation and repairs High Quality Services Warranty Work We specialize in interior and exterior painting services, cabinet painting, staining, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Gutter World

Gutter World has been in business for over 14 years , with offices in three states NC, SC, and OH. The company is built on family values and integrity. We offer quality service at an affordable price. Contact us today about an estimate! 5% discount offered to Military and Seniors.

Offers by Gutter World on Angi
    A+ Plus Contracting

We have over 27 years of experience and are veterans to the Charlotte area. We manage the business with multiple crews. We specialize in residential and commercial gutter systems and numerous gutter guard leaf stopping systems. We also specialize in other exterior products, please call us to discuss your needs.

Check, PayPal
    Satisfaction

handyman, carpentry, assembly, labor, decks, additions garages, clean-up, and YOU-NAME-IT!

We will consider anything, but reserve the right to down a job.