Viva Electric

Founded 2017 • With Angi since January 2018

Viva Electric is a licensed electrical contractor servicing the Charlotte-metro region. We provide a variety of electrical services for the home or business owner. Our expertise lies in generator installation, EV chargers, fixture installations, and panel upgrades. In business since 2017 and

2022 Super Service Award

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated

Generac Generator Installation

Generators

Generac whole home generator installation
View project

electrician (40)lighting (3)ceiling fan installation (1)

08/11/2022

Robert K.

Extremely pleased with the professionalism of Tommy Vaughn (service technician). He explained everything that he was doing and provided details of the work being performed. Tommy came up with multiple options for the future work I was requesting and made reasonable recommendations. I would HIGHLY recommend Viva Electric (particularly Tommy) to all my neighbors and friends!

Description of Work
Replaced a faulty smoke/carbon monoxide detector and installed a power surge protector. Also received a quote to have power installed to the back of my property.

Work Completed On 08/11/2022

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review! I am so glad Tommy was able to help with your electrical needs. Please keep Viva Electric in mind in the future. Wishing you the best. -Meg @ Viva

05/11/2022

Cristhian G.

Tommy Vaughan fixed all the problems in a very profesional way and fast. He is the best. Excelente job.

Description of Work
Electric problems, fix a breaker outlet

Work Completed On 05/11/2022

Review for Viva Electric - 627 Minuet Ln, Charlotte, NC - 39729006

03/08/2022

Darlene K.

Very professional and explained all the way through. Super kind and respectful. Would not hesitate to hire again!

Description of Work
Switches replaced

Category electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 03/08/2022

12/26/2021

Gloria A.

We were having issues with flickering and dimming lights throughout the house, contacted them for diagnostic. Fixed a minor issue in panel but they couldn’t find the reason for the flicker, suggested we replace dimmer switches but only a few rooms had dimmers. Two days later the condition worsened, did a Google troubleshooting search and found the suggestion to contact power company to have them check the power coming into the house. Duke ran a diagnostic and found we did have an issue between the pole and the house. Took several hours but Duke said the problem was fixed. So far, so good. We feel that this option should have been mentioned when no problem was found in our electrical panel.

Description of Work
Diagnose flickering and dimming lights

Work Completed On 12/16/2021

08/13/2021

Dwight B.

We've recently hired Viva for 4 different jobs. They continue to deliver with high quality service, great product, and give fair pricing. I wouldn't even consider another company. These guys are the best!!! Thank you Jimmy, Kris, Codi, Will and team. We appreciate it!!!

Description of Work
Add can-lights throughout the house / move and update circuit breaker panel / re-device the entire house / add dimmer switches / install light fixtures

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 08/13/2021

06/18/2021

Thomas B.

Work was performed according to estimate, final price was slightly lower than original because some of the work was less complicated than expected. Everything was done to a high level of professionalism.

Description of Work
outdoor wiring to garage, outdoor lighting to deck

Category electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 06/17/2021

03/25/2021

Brenda J.

The two representatives who came out were excellent. Very knowledgeable, pleasant and cleaned up well after themselves.

Description of Work
Installing new smoke detectors.

Work Completed On 03/12/2021

02/07/2021

Alyssa H.

Great! Super friendly, very fast service for scheduling and install.

Description of Work
Chandelier install

Work Completed On 02/01/2021

01/23/2020

Mike M.

Good work by Chris the Technician for sure. I kind of think that somethings were way overpriced.

Description of Work
High hats, outlet, move cable box put up sconces

Work Completed On 01/17/2020

12/10/2019

DEAN L.

William came ahead of schedule and was professional, polite and very easy to talk to. He listened patiently to our concerns and even gave us some advice on other possible work we may have done.

Description of Work
Had an additional power outlet installed high on our bedroom wall to power a wall-mounted tv.

Work Completed On 12/09/2019

10/21/2019

Heather T.

Paul and his partner were punctual, courteous, and shared potential solutions and the impact to cost. Nothing in a historic house is cookie cutter, so that’s very helpful. They did fantastic work and cleaned up thoroughly. You’d never even know that had been cutting into baseboards. Will definitely keep them on my shortlist of trusted resources.

Description of Work
Needed inspection of two outdoor outlets that were questionable and one indoor outlet added. Our house is from the 1800’s and outlets are few.

Work Completed On 10/21/2019

09/29/2019

Kevin R.

I was extremely pleased with Viva Electric both times I used them. After encountering difficulties and a failed inspection with a mini-split AC connection using a different electrician, Jimmy and his team came in and provided a much better a much better and simpler solution. I used Viva again to install a transfer switch for a portable generator and was once again very pleased. Michelle in the office has been a pleasure to work with as well. I definitely recommend Viva Electric.

Description of Work
AC connection and transfer switch

Work Completed On 08/01/2019

09/25/2019

Ben J.

Super easy to work with. William was the electrician who took care of me. arrived on time, was very polite and professional. A real pro who knows his job and takes pride in it. Did an excellent job! highly recommend!

Description of Work
installed wall outlet for mounting flat screen television

Work Completed On 09/24/2019

06/30/2019

Renell B.

The 2 man team arrived exactly on time and immediately started working. They answered all of my questions patiently during the project. I had a concern with the ceiling fan since the family room has a 20ft ceiling, the work went very smoothly. Installation of the cabinet lighting was more involved then I imagined, however, it went very smoothly as well. When the work was completed they cleaned up the work areas. The final cost of the project was the same as the estimate. I would definitely use Viva electric again for large or small electrical projects.

Description of Work
installed hardwired lighting above and under my kitchen cabinets, replaced a ceiling fan in family room and replaced a switch in the dining room

Work Completed On 06/20/2019

06/19/2019

Stewart H.

They completed the projects very quickly and cleaned up all mess. I will DEFINITELY hire them again!

Description of Work
Paul and Shannon replaced a chandelier and installed a new exterior outlet.

Work Completed On 06/19/2019

06/05/2019

Richard P.

Superb job. Really top notch electrician. Great company. After the retirement of my 25 year electrical service contractor, I have now found my new contractor for years to come.

Description of Work
Determined the cause of problem and replaced 2 outdoor GFI outlets.

Work Completed On 06/04/2019

04/02/2019

SHELIA W.

This is a copy of the message I sent Viva . I just wanted to thank you for your service. I truly appreciated the fact that you were willing to come out and give me a free estimate. You arrived as scheduled and even checked out my microwave( not the reason for the visit) while you were here. After I explained the problem, you walked me through the reason and solution. On the day of the repair, your guys arrived as scheduled. They quickly did the rewiring that was that was causing the circuits to trip. They may sure that they cleaned up the areas afterwards. Before they left, the asked me if I had any questions. I will definitely share my experience and your name with friends. Thank you again.

Description of Work
Rewiring a room and placed it a different circuit

Work Completed On 04/02/2019

02/01/2019

Ashlie Z.

Jimmy & his team did an excellent job taking down old and installing new light fixtures! They were very friendly, professional and timely. He even came back a few days later and raised a fixture that we decided should be higher! Highly recommend Viva Electric and will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Install light fixtures

Work Completed On 01/28/2019

11/10/2018

Becky E.

Great. What a nice person. He was very punctual and professional.

Description of Work
Under counter kitchen lights replaced

Work Completed On 11/01/2018

10/17/2018

Barbara M.

Very well, the service person was polite, professional, friendly. Solved the problem within 15 minutes.

Description of Work
Ceiling fan wasn’t working, would speed up and slow down on its own! Ceiling fan was behaving with speed cycles working of their own- speeding up and slowing down at will

Work Completed On 10/11/2018

09/27/2018

Greg R.

Paul and Shannon arrived as scheduled. They worked quickly and efficiently to troubleshoot and resolve my electrical problems. They found and repaired a short in one circuit and installed a GFI receptacle in my garage. They were very professional I would not hesitate to use Viva again.

Description of Work
Found and fixed short in circuit. Installed GFI receptacle in another circuit.

Work Completed On 09/27/2018

03/31/2018

Daniel H.

On time, courteous, professional, great quality, will use again.

Description of Work
Removed old light fixture and installed a new one

Work Completed On 03/29/2018

03/29/2018

linda T.

After calling at least 8 electrician, Jimmy was the first to answer my call and the first on the site to look at our issue. He was on time, professional and his quote was very reasonable. I offered to pay for his service call, and he declined, saying he did not charge a service fee, I found that very unusual these days. I will definitely be using Viva Electric again.

Description of Work
Grounding a Meter

Work Completed On 03/29/2018