Vince Curcio - The Bizzzy Bee

Founded 1992 • With Angi since June 2002

As a Full Service, Residential Maintenance Company, We are Here to Meet your Needs. We are Family Owned & Operated with 32 years’ of experience in residential maintenance and We look forward to assisting you. We have received Super Service Awards for (17) Consecutive Years and currently have over 1,100 reviews. Feel Free to Call us as Needed 8am to 9pm Daily at 704-599-4299. ...

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated

French Drain

+21 more images

handyman (892)electrician (118)door installation (114)woodworking (114)drywall (90)plumbers (88)roofing (82)lighting (65)interior painting (62)siding companies (60)house painting (56)window replacement (50)

12/15/2021

Rita N.

It was done professionally courteous and thorough and I recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Ground Repair and house Maintenance

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 12/15/2021

Elizabeth P.

We used Bizzzy Bee to repair some wood rot and roof repair. They did an outstanding job! The owner of the company came to check the work once complete. The crew was skilled and attentive to the quality of work performed. I would use them again and refer Bizzzy Bee to other friends, family and clients.

Description of Work
roof repair

Work Completed On 10/26/2021

Elizabeth P.

We had a very small job of installing 3 curtain rods but Bizzzy Bee sent a person over and he got the job done! Very happy with the work.

Description of Work
installed curtain rods

Category window treatments

Work Completed On 01/09/2020

Elizabeth P.

The Bizzzy Bee has THE BEST electrician - Gary! We have used Gary on several projects at our personal home and I have referred him to clients as well. Very skilled, professional and friendly.

Description of Work
install lighting on back porch, miscellaneous electrical

Category electrician

Work Completed On 01/19/2021

11/01/2021

Mark V.

Exactly as quoted and in a timely fashion.

Description of Work
pressure washing, painting of shingles, repair of siding and other miscellaneous structural repairs.

Category appliance repair, gutter repair, handyman service, roofing, siding, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 11/01/2021

10/28/2021

Mary Ellen C.

Wonderful! Fast, reliable, thorough! The job was done so quickly and they did a wonderful job!! Vince was very communicative and friendly. Absolutely fantastic experience, can’t recommend highly enough!

Description of Work
Shutters Painted

Category appliance repair, handyman service, house painters

Work Completed On 09/28/2021

10/26/2021

Glenn W.

Great service. Very professionally. Very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Squirrel removal and squirrel damage repair

Category appliance repair, handyman service, animal removal

Work Completed On 09/24/2021

10/23/2021

GARY G.

We had an excellent experience over the course of three days. First - the deck: The flooring in the deck in the back of our house had been replaced ten months ago but never stained. Brittney sanded the existing older surfaces and pressure washed the entire deck. The next day she taped and covered in plastic the windows and siding, then hand stained those parts of the deck. The final day she power stained the entire deck using a sold Sherwin Williams stain, then touched up a few areas by hand. Second - the front door. It was a Therma-Tru fiberglass door with a half moon transom on the top. The door was 9 years old. I purchased the Therma-Tru kit a few months earlier. On day one Brittney lightly sanded the outside of the door. On day two she taped interior and exterior surfaces, then stained the outside and inside. On day three she removed the tape. It looked beautiful. Brittney was attentive, asked me to inspect work multiple times over the three days and at the end. Vince, the owner of the business, contacted me by text several times and came at the end to meet me, inspect the work, and collect payment. It was a great experience and we'll definitely use their services again!

Description of Work
We had two projects: 1) pressure wash and restain wood deck, and 2) stain fiberglass front door.

Category handyman service, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 10/13/2021

Review for Vince Curcio - The Bizzzy Bee - 8640 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC - 39519062

10/20/2021

Peter M.

Great job. I will have more work for them later

Description of Work
The crew built a (plastic/vinyl) Rubbermaid 8x10 shed strictly from the instructions and a platform to put it on.

Category appliance repair, garage builders

Work Completed On 10/20/2021

09/22/2021

REBECCA H.

Very pleased with the work Nate and Tom did. They arrived early each day, were very professional and friendly, knew what they were doing, and did it well. They looked out for my interests by pointing out that the mailbox post, which was originally just going to be fixed, needed to be replaced due to wood rot. They then offered to paint the new post. After replacing rotten wood above and below the front door, they also painted the whole area instead of just the repaired area since it would look better. The owner, Vince, explained that he unfortunately had to cancel doing two items on my repair list because the height of my roof combined with the steepness of my yard made using their 40-ft ladder unsafe. I admire that Vince placed the safety of his workers above doing those repairs. This was my second time hiring The Bizzzy Bee, and I plan to use them again.

Description of Work
Pressure wash siding, repair deck stairs, replace and paint wood rot, replace damaged siding, repair mailbox post, repaint chimney cap (canceled), add shields to gutters (canceled)

Category siding, deck cleaning, pressure washing, mailbox repair, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 09/14/2021

07/28/2021

Paul M.

Vince called to see what I needed. He let me know what the price would be and asked if he could come out that afternoon. He came right out and removed the animal. Very easy to work with and took care of my problem with no problems. I was quoted from $250 to $500 to have a baby deer that was caught in my and passed away removed from my property. Vince charged $145 and and immediately went to work.

Description of Work
Animal removal

Category appliance repair, pest control

Work Completed On 06/27/2021

07/25/2021

Mary L.

Could not have been better. Handyman and electrician visits were scheduled at the same time, and the collaboration produced superior results. Work was thorough, spaces were left pristine, and I will definitely call The Bizzzy Bee again.

Description of Work
Handyman and some electrical work - a list accumulated over time

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing

Work Completed On 07/22/2021

07/09/2021

Carol R.

Everything went very well and they did an excellent job. The thoroughness of the job is commendable. Once the job was started they stayed with it until completely finished. I highly recommend Bizzy Bee and absolutely will be calling them for any future home repairs.

Description of Work
Replace rotten siding and fascia boards in several areas. Repaired two gutter downspouts in front of house. He also did some landscaping to help with the water pooling and drainage on my driveway.

Category appliance repair, gutter repair, handyman service, lawn service

Work Completed On 07/09/2021

Review for Vince Curcio - The Bizzzy Bee - 8640 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC - 39397764

06/09/2021

TAMARA H.

They were good. We liked them. We were happy and pleased with them. They have good prices.

Description of Work
They did gutter work.

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 05/09/2021

06/05/2021

Kim G.

Excellent job removing mouse & fixing holes.

Description of Work
mouse removal

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 06/05/2021

06/03/2021

MARGIE SAKIRA H.

Vince is highly professional, courteous, and does fast and great work. These are some of the many reasons why we have used his company repeatedly for many years. I highly recommend the Bizzzy Bee!

Description of Work
Installed blinds

Category handyman service, window treatments

Work Completed On 06/01/2021

06/01/2021

Matthew F.

On Monday our front door hardware fell apart and made our front door virtually unusable. Vince made time and came out himself to replace our entry door hardware the next day! Job was done perfectly and he is extremely professional. We are lucky to have him!

Description of Work
Replace front entry door hardware

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 06/01/2021

04/05/2021

brent K.

Perfect. Professional. On time, knew what they were doing, and worked efficiently and effectively.

Description of Work
Install née garbage disposal

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 03/17/2021

04/01/2021

Chris H.

According to planned. Polite and professional people.

Description of Work
Painting. Disposal install

Category plumbing, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/01/2021

03/31/2021

Mary M.

I have had some higher-end rentals in Charlotte for years and have had a really hard time finding someone reliable that does quality work on both large and small jobs. Bizzzy Bee has been reliable, responsive, and always explains various options and why they make specific suggestions. A true rare find.

Description of Work
Multiple repairs on rental properties.

Category drywall, handyman service, roofing, chimney caps, deck cleaning, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/31/2021

03/01/2021

Eddie G.

The first guy that came out talked as if he was knowledgeable and experienced. We had never used this company so I personally meet the handyman myself. He arrived 90-minutes late. I showed him the area to be repaired and he wanted to cut through the ceiling downstairs to make sure the floor beams were not decayed, and if so he wanted to repair them. There floor beams were not rotted, but I agreed for some additional bracing to make the upstairs bathroom floor "good as new." The ceiling repair was horrible, the worst drywall finishing I had ever seen. He also broke the flange on the toilet and we had to get a plumping company to come out and repair and replace the toilet. Vince, the owner, did come out to look at the repairs. His excuse for everything was, it's an old house. We are the second owner of the home built in the mid 1970's, not what I would call old. The house has been well maintained over the years and we have used numerous handymen during our ownership of the home. However, our handyman retired and I was seeking a new one. The poor craftmanship lead to the owner of The Bizzzy Bee coming out with a second handymen - now a fourth day (scattered over three plus weeks) to try and correct and re-sand the drywall. Vince came out and stayed the whole time the handyman was working - not sure why he felt the need to oversee the handyman. Of course he took pictures. I agreed that it was "better" but the work was never satisfactory. I also took pictures "the day after" when the drywall putty had dried. As I said, it was better, but still not the quality I expect. I've attached the photo's below. I left the light off over the table, as that allows the rough finish to be more visible. I do appreciate Vince, the owner, coming our and trying to make things right. For this reason alone I paid the full invoice. However, be cautious with this company. I do not try to tell other's whether to use this company or not, but my wife and I will certainly not be using them again. Remember the old cliché, "Fool me once, same on you. Fool me twice, same on me."

Description of Work
We had a "soft" spot in the upstairs bathroom from years of water from the kids steeping out of the shower. We asked for the soft spot to be repairs and new linoleum floor covering installed it the bathroom.

Category appliance repair, drywall

Work Completed On 02/18/2021

Review for Vince Curcio - The Bizzzy Bee - 8640 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC - 39220906

This customer’s complaint is a gross exaggeration of the facts. Please Go to my Photo Gallery of Pictures to see the actual side-by-side Before and After pictures of this customer's ceiling (https://media-content-angieslist.s3.amazonaws.com/5322b44b-c46d-4a78-b00b-cdf71975ad24.jpg). We were called in to repair long-neglected water damage to their bathroom floor and ceiling damage below. The real issue took place when we pulled up their 20-year-old toilet and discovered that the toilet flange was already broken and they wanted us to take the blame. We offered to repair the flange, install new tank parts, and new tank bolts. They opted to have a plumbing company do that part of the job. We will not be made responsible for old worn parts on a 20-year-old toilet. I have pictures of that as well. This customer tried to coerce us into purchasing a new toilet and paying the plumbing bill for repairs. I personally showed this customer that neither the tank nor the bowl was cracked or damaged. The old rusty bolts simply fell out while the toilet was being moved. The flange was already damaged from them sitting on a toilet over a soft, water-damaged floor. As for my presence on the job, because of the previous hostility I endured from them concerning the toilet, I knew I was dealing with a hard-to-please customer. I stayed on the job for the final skim-coat of drywall mud to their ceiling. I also stayed to shield my worker from further hostilities. I wanted to make sure that the ceiling was smooth and flat, without further issues with this customer. They affirmed that they were satisfied with the result, so I took the picture that is posted in our gallery. This customer was invoiced a week after and that’s when they sent me the picture they posted in their complaint. They claimed that the ceiling repair was bad. Isn’t it Amazing!!! It looks just like the Before picture that I took and NOTHING like the After picture that I took. So you be the judge. But it sure looks like a dishonest representation of the facts to me.

01/20/2021

Linda S.

Excellent. Workers arrived as scheduled and completed job with no issues. Cleanup was thorough. Nice guys too.

Description of Work
Replacement of back steps and several rotting boards under facia and around windows. Cleared, releveled and caulked gutters

Category appliance repair, handyman service

Work Completed On 01/20/2021

01/14/2021

Karen H.

Great! The workers were prompt. Explained what they planned to do. Worked steadily. Did a f