Southern Star Roofing

NC
North Carolina: General Contractors

6132 Brookshire Blvd Suite I

Charlotte, NC 28216

Offering full roof inspections & estimates while utilizing social distances. We offer email and e-Sign estimates. We accept all credit cards, electronic checks and paper checks for payment. If in contact with homeowners, face masks are worn.

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We accept remote payment

Southern Star Roofing is a locally owned ROOFING company with many years of industry experience. As our main office is in Charlotte, NC, we can conveniently serve customers in and around the Charlotte area. Southern Star Roofing specializes in residential full roof replacement and gutter systems. We have 2 new offices in Asheville, NC and Greenville, SC. We have an excellent reputation working closely with North Carolina & South Carolina insurance companies regarding homeowner insurance claims. Southern Star has an A+ accreditation with the Better Business Bureau, over 150 5-star Google reviews and is an Angie’s List Super Service Award recipient. Southern Star has built a solid reputation in the areas of workmanship, professionalism, dependability, and competitive pricing. Southern Star offers a full manufactures warranty on materials, and a workmanship warranty on each job. Southern Star offers free roof inspections and estimates for homeowners. Every installer hired by Southern Star is very well experienced, well trained, and truly the best in their field. The sales force and project managers at Southern Star are very knowledgeable and offer the highest level of customer service. Southern Star is fully insured in the areas of Workers Compensation and General Liability. Please check out our website at SouthernStarRoofing.com or email us at info@SouthernStarRoofing.com....

roofing (108)gutter repair (25)siding companies (6)woodworking (5)chimney repair (3)window replacement (2)skylight installation (1)

11/13/2021

Ray J.

I can't say enough about the professional job the team at Southern Star Roofing in Asheville NC did installing three skylights for me. After getting five estimates and working with Greg, they gave me a great estimate for top of the line skylights. Greg took the time to match my shingles exactly and the crew installed them on a sunny afternoon and cleaned up the area. I would recommend Southern Star for all your roofing needs!

Description of Work
Install Three Skylights

Category skylights

Work Completed On 10/30/2021

Review for Southern Star Roofing - 6132 Brookshire Blvd, Charlotte, NC - 39542630

11/05/2021

Tri L.

Brandon (the owner) was extremely responsive and professional. The company offers good warranty on installation and workmanship (2-years). The shingle company they worked with (Certainteed) seems to have high quality products and better warranty than others. The installation crews were professional. They left the property nice an clean after the work is done. I'm extremely happy with the job and would recommend them to anyone (I'm proudly wearing one of their shirts to give them more visibility).

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 11/05/2021

11/02/2021

Chris F.

Went great. Looking forward to not having to clean out my gutters every few weeks

Description of Work
Gutter guard installation

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 11/02/2021

10/25/2021

Alyssa F.

Greg was amazing to work with. He was on time and was always available to communicate. Very fast response too. His team got our whole roof stripped and redone in a day. They are such hard workers. Got there at 7AM and finished around 7PM. Thanks y’all

Description of Work
New roof put on home

Work Completed On 09/13/2021

09/08/2021

Robert M.

Had a roof leak and they was able to repair it and did great work and were very professional. I also used them on new roof on a storage building back in March and did great work as well.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 07/22/2021

08/06/2021

Lee M.

Hard to find good, quality service these days...Southern Star Roofing will not disappoint. They responded quickly to our roof repair need without us needing to follow up. Someone was out the next day and was able to make the repair on the spot. He was prepared and professional. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 06/28/2021

07/20/2021

Diane B.

It went wonderfully! Wonderful team to work with. Customer service at the highest quality. Highly recommend! Did great work and made it easy for me.

Description of Work
new roof installed

Work Completed On 06/23/2021

07/15/2021

Krista Z.

I have never experienced a more professional, prompt, punctual, honest contractor in my 40 years. As a businesswoman myself, it’s a breath of fresh air to come across companies like southern Star Roofing. They set a standard that is second to none. From the time I reached out to Brandon, the owner, to the very end product of a beautiful new roof, the experience was more than exceptional. I would not hesitate to use this company again and I have referred all of my friends and family to them. Thank you southern Star Roofing for being true professionals.

Description of Work
New roof replacement

Work Completed On 06/09/2021

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for such a nice review of our company. You were so wonderful to work with and not only do we appreciate your business, we sincerely appreciate your trust. Please call us back anytime that you may need our services again. Best regards, Brandon Johnson, Owner 704-YES-ROOF

07/14/2021

Nick B.

Got to the job Early and stayed till the Job was done

Description of Work
New Roof Installed

Work Completed On 06/23/2021

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thanks for taking the time to leave this review for us. We greatly appreciate it. Your comment here reflects one of our core values here at the company. We have signs up in our office that reads "Start to Finish". It continually reminds us to stay focused and execute until we completely done. Thanks again sir. Best regards, Brandon Johnson - Owner 704-YES-ROOF

07/14/2021

John B.

Got multiple quotes, they were the best and saved me quite a bit of money over what others wanted to do.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Category roofing,chimney repair

Work Completed On 06/16/2021

Mr. [Member Name Removed], thank you very much for this review. Our goal is to always be fair and very competitive with our customers. I'm glad you had a great experience with us. Kind regards, Brandon Johnson-Owner 704-YES-ROOF

06/17/2021

bethany L.

We had a leak in our roof and called five different companies to give us quotes. Of the five, Greg at Southern Star was by far the most professional. He came out right away and sent me multiple photos of the leak, giving me a thorough explanation of how the leak likely occurred and the cost of repair. We ended up asking for a quote to re-shingle the entire roof, and the Southern Star quote also beat the other quotes. Greg went out of his way to call around and find matching log siding to repair our dormer along with the roof re-shingle. Just when we getting ready to schedule the repair, our well was struck by lightning, pushing the roof work out a whole month. During that time, Greg checked in on us weekly, never pushy, just making sure our well repair was going smoothly and following up with shingle colors and other details so that we could get the roof repaired as soon as the well was fixed. We couldn’t have asked for a better experience with Southern Star- from Greg our point man to Alex in the office as well as the guys who did the work- outstanding company all around! We give them highest marks and will definitely use Southern Star again.

Description of Work
Reshingle roof, replace siding

Category gutter repair,roofing,siding

Work Completed On 05/21/2021

06/10/2021

Denise R.

Southern Star Roofing did a roof tune up and removed an old dish from the previous owners. Didn't suggest a new roof just a tune up! The cost was very reasonable. All employees were very professional, prompt and courteous! Took pictures during the estimate and also took photos during the repair to show us what was completed. Thoughtful service!

Description of Work
Roof Tune Up

Work Completed On 06/10/2021

02/24/2021

Jan S.

Southern Star Roofing gets a "five star" from me because they are professional, on-time and the crew cleaned up nicely. Everyone that I had contact with from the signing of the contract through the installation, was knowledgeable and helpful. I am very pleased with their product and the installation and I would recommend them to everyone.

Description of Work
Rood and gutter replacement.

Work Completed On 01/13/2021

02/17/2021

Kevin K.

Recommended to me, I’m very satisfied with their work. Fast estimate, clear communication, and an excellent price. Workers started promptly at 7 am and completely finished that day, cleanup and all. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 02/17/2021

02/15/2021

Preston J.

Very fast, efficient and professional. All employees were friendly and did a really good job. Cleaned up pretty good too after the job was done.

Description of Work
Roof, siding and gutters

Category gutter repair,roofing,siding

Work Completed On 12/30/2020

01/19/2021

Larry O.

The process went well. Roof replacement took a little over a day. Gutters and covers was another day. Alex and Jonny were in constant contact. Overall communications was good. Recommended.

Description of Work
Replace roof and gutters. Add stainless steel mesh gutter covers.

Work Completed On 01/05/2021

09/14/2020

Crystal R.

Very well. He worked with us to carefully remove & helped us keep a satellite dish we had up. He fixed those holes & also another set of former dish holes.

Description of Work
Roof tune up

Work Completed On 09/02/2020

09/12/2020

John C.

I would definitely recommend this company to anybody, and I would most certainly use them again. They did an excellent job! Our roof looks amazing! Thank you!

Description of Work
Roof installed

Category roofing,woodworking

Work Completed On 08/08/2020

09/09/2020

James L.

Can't say enough good about Southern Star Roofing. From the first phone call to filling out the finishing paperwork they have been helpful, responsive and genuinely helpful. They showed up on time, took great care of surroundings, fully cleaned up after themselves and did NOT leave anything behind.

Description of Work
roof replacement

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

08/12/2020

Jose A.

Greg Martinson came out to inspect my leak. He quickly discovered that that my roof was not the problem. He noticed that my roof drain was disconnected from the drainage pipe. He told me I needed a plumber not a roofer. I appreciate his honesty and highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Needed an estimate for a roof leak.

Work Completed On 08/12/2020

08/07/2020

Karen L.

I am so glad that I chose Southern Star Roofing to replace and install a new roof on my home. From beginning to end, Brandon and his team were very professional, courteous and dedicated to providing outstanding customer service. I never had to question what the next step would be as all details were given without having to inquire about anything. They were prompt and on time and did an excellent job cleaning up their work area when finished. Their pricing was more than fair and financing is available if needed. My new roof has changed the entire look of my home and was quickly noticed by my neighbors.I would definitely recommend to anyone, in need of a roof repair or new roof installation, to reach out to Southern Star Roofing for the best service in town. Karen Laughlin

Description of Work
Roof Installation

Work Completed On 08/07/2020

07/27/2020

Heather D.

Brandon and his entire team have been amazing to work with. Filed an insurance claim months ago and having to play tug-a-war with an adjuster is not a fun game to play. Brandon assisted me through the whole process and fought for me. His team was prompt and completed the job in one day. Brandon even text me a before and after picture once the job was completed. I highly recommend Southern Star Roofing to anyone needing assistance with repairs or a new roof.

Description of Work
Roof Replaced

Category roofing,woodworking

Work Completed On 07/21/2020

Review for Southern Star Roofing - 6132 Brookshire Blvd, Charlotte, NC - 38750887

05/19/2020

Kimberly B.

would definitely recommend Southern Star! Brandon, Brenden and Alex were very professional and responsive and made the whole process very easy. They made sure to answer any and all of my questions thoroughly and in a timely fashion. The crew arrived on time and cleaned everything up before they left. They were able to replace all 3 roofs (main house, storage shed and warehouse) in less than 2 work days. The roof looks great and it couldn't have been any easier from start to finish! Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Roof Replacement