SouthEnd Painting and Roofing Contractors

Founded 2000 • With Angi since September 2002

SouthEnd Painting is a family owned and operated by Todd Cahill since 2000. We are Charlotte & Surrounding areas Best Residential-Commercial & Industrial painting company. When you call or email SouthEnd you will be provided with the best upfront estimate, quality craftsmanship, & outstanding

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile imageQuality RoofingCustom Painted Stripes

house painting (360)interior painting (338)pressure washing (155)woodworking (85)drywall (62)general contractors (33)roofing (31)deck cleaning (29)siding companies (21)gutter cleaning (20)gutter repair (19)handyman (17)

11/19/2022

Cindy L.

The work was excellent, however, the job had to be rescheduled a few times through no fault of customer (closing date kept changing). Owner was rude, sometimes unreachable, and after 2 weeks my check still hasn’t been cashed. I inquired about it and got no response.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Category interior painters

Hi we don’t quite understand what you’re talking about you have never spoken with the owner of the company and we actually deposited your check into a new bank act due to account problems. Please call our office to discuss thank you

10/03/2021

Terry P.

Overall excellent experience from initial consultation through completion of job. Crew was timely, communicated well and were pleasant

Description of Work
Exterior of home painted which included extensive wood replacement and repair

Category house painters

Work Completed On 09/30/2021

Thank you very much for your business with appreciate it!

09/23/2021

Joe P.

Painters arrived on schedule. They needed to move furniture in some cases. Cleaned up after themselves. The workmanship was excellent. They finished several days ahead of schedule. They missed some minor plaster filling and sanding on one wall and we missed it during the walk-through but we caught it that evening. Was difficult to see when looking straight on at the wall in natural light but stood out under artificial light when looking at the wall at and angle. Called Southend the next day and the following morning a painter showed up to fix the problem. I highly recommend Southend and will use their services in the future.

Description of Work
Paint all the walls and several ceilings of a 5000+ sq foot house.

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/23/2021

02/10/2021

Amber P.

Scheduling was good and overall the quality of the painting was god. When we called them back about a coat in the bathroom, they came back right out

Description of Work
Re paint most all rooms in house. Fill nail holes.

Work Completed On 02/05/2021

Thanks For Your Business!

01/08/2021

Jane C.

Billy came out to review the job and promptly submitted an estimate. Once we accepted the proposal, the office called to schedule the work. We had a short delay due to rain for several days prior to the start but that was communicated and promptly rescheduled. The crew was on time, neat and polite. A supervisor checked in periodically to review the progress and no money was due until the job was complete and we were satisfied. Unheard of. Have referred and will hire again.

Description of Work
Exterior trim/ Some wood rot replaced

Category chimney caps, house painters

Work Completed On 06/18/2020

We greatly appreciate your business!

11/29/2020

shelly Z.

Marlon & Wences did an excellent job from start to finish. Everything was cleaned up when they left

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Category basement waterproofing, house painters

Work Completed On 11/28/2020

11/14/2020

EILEEN Z.

Southend Painters painted the exterior of my house, stained a deck and provided carpentry work for rotting wood on my front porch. Although the original paint job wasn’t what I expected, they worked with me, applied a second coat and now my house looks beautiful. Throughout it all, they were very courteous and professional.

Description of Work
Exterior paint, deck stain, carpentry

Category decks, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 07/27/2020

10/27/2020

Anna M.

Excellent..Ismael is the da bomb! Although rains were hindrances, the communications from Southend was awesome. Great company and good people!

Description of Work
washing, painting, and caulking

Category house painters

Work Completed On 10/27/2020

Thank you for leaving a review, we are glad everything turned out great. We look forward to be able to do more business with you in the future.

10/26/2020

David C.

Excellent. We selected this company over many others, as they were the most thorough in reviewing what needed to be done, they gave a firm quote, and performed a quality job! We would certainly hire them again, and recommend them to all.

Description of Work
painting, carpentry, pressure washing, ect

Category gutter cleaning

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

Thank you for leaving us a review, we appreciate working on your project with you and we look forward to working with you in the future.

10/23/2020

Amber B.

The contracting process with SouthEnd Painting was seamless. The sales team and front office were very responsive to all of my questions and especially patient with my (several) last minute changes. They have even helped with providing the colors used several months later, so I could mange some touch-ups required due to light fixture changes - super helpful :) I was happy with the look of the home and have received several compliments on the work. I have already recommended SouthEnd Painting to friends and will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Entire home re-painting including trim; custom-color match for plantation shutters; outside shutters; garage walls & epoxy floor

Category house painters, interior painters, epoxy flooring

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

10/16/2020

Cheryl M.

We had southend do 5 rooms. 2 offices , a master bedroom with a large trey ceiling, a large bathroom with a barrel ceiling and a large closet. They are efficient, clean, very polite and did exactly what I asked them to. Down to picking up our bed to move it instead of dragging it as others have done. It’s a very large king. The Owner Todd Cahill called and discussed some questions I had and Billy the estimator and Otto the job foreman also answered all my questions and left me no doubt as to what would be accomplished. Thank you Southend painting for a beautiful job !

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Category basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 10/24/2020

Thank you for giving us the review, we appreciate doing business with you and look forward to doing more projects with you in the future.

07/16/2020

Brian R.

They estimate process was easy and they are scheduled to do the work.

Description of Work
Need handrails sanded and re-stained and the spindles painted

Work Completed On 07/16/2020

07/09/2020

Fredric Y.

Re-stained our deck and did drywall repair in our garage. Their work quality and promptness was beyond what we could have hoped for. The drywall was about 100 square feet and we can't tell anything was done, it blends in so well. Highly recommend them and will use again when the need arises. Extremely clean.

Description of Work
Drywall and staining.

Category drywall, basement waterproofing, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

Thank you for your review, we appreciate you doing business with us and look forward to working with you in the future.

07/07/2020

M. Sean D.

My contact started out great with SouthEnd Painting. Chris came over and gave me a reasonable estimate for the work I needed done, answered my questions when I called him, and gave me a rough estimate on how long it would take to complete the job. It took me a couple of weeks (on my end) to reach out and schedule the job. After it was scheduled it went down hill from there. The crew showed up late the first day, I saw and spoke to the head of the crew on the first and last day otherwise his crew showed up On time (they were nice) over the course of the next 4 days, I had to explain every day what needed be done and sometime it was hard communicating with crew, they painted windows and then shut them instead of letting them dry, they just painted over nail pops( instead of sanding them first), let paint drips stay on the wall, etc. It also took them longer than expected to paint 1200 sq. Ft. For the money I paid I felt like I shouldn’t have to follow the crew from room- to room checking everything all day long. I’m still finding things that I need to fix from them being here such as paint on my door trim because it was not taped off properly. I would not recommend SouthEnd Painiting

Description of Work
Painting interior and trim work

Category woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/09/2020

07/07/2020

Lindy W.

We have had great success using Angie’s List. Please believe me when I tell you that Southend Painting and Roofing is not worth the aggravation. The salesman did come out immediately to quote the job. We split the painting into 2 jobs because of the amount of work we wanted done. The salesman was older and sweet but didn’t know what he was talking about. He promised A LOT but it was a sales pitch and it worked. They were the highest bid but he really sold us. When the crew came out, they did the job and the crew leader gave us his number if there were any issues. We did have problems that needed to be fixed so we called. The crew leader was great but COVID hit and we had to shut everything down. The end of June came and we called Southend back to see if they had a plan so that we could finish the other half of our interior. I called them 6 times and my husband called 3 times. We got the sweet receptionist who PROMISED a return call by the end of the day. That never happened. Finally, we got hold of the Marketing Manager. He was able to at least get some movement since we had signed a contract and felt bound to it. I called the crew leader and he was great. We exchanged several more calls with the crew leader and finally got the job finished this week. They wore masks and were quick and efficient. They are an extremely respectable crew. Southend didn’t even tell them the correct amount we owed on the job so we had to wait while they tried to get the correct number from their office. My point is that, in my opinion, Southend Painting as a company is untrustworthy, unprofessional and will try to sell you. I’ve been in sales all of my life and it showed me how critical it is that I know my company and am not just after a commission. Again, the crew we had which I was told is one of 6, was good. But you have to have leadership running your company that is honest and service conscious. In my opinion, Southend Painting is not a good company.

Description of Work
Major interior painting.

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

04/11/2020

Judith F.

Great, Luis and Jackie worked quickly, they protected other parts of the house, they cleaned up all in good time!

Description of Work
PRESSURE WASHING DECK, SANDING, PAINTING WITH COLOR SEAL

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing

Work Completed On 04/09/2020

Thank you so much for your business!

01/25/2020

Warren C.

First of all, I'm a residential and commercial building contractor and deal with numerous tradesmen on a daily basis. In this instance, I was working out of state on one of my projects and needed the interior of my own home painted. As a contractor, I try to monitor all my jobs personally so I know the job gets completed correctly and expeditiously. I was pleased with the job the SouthEnd crew completed. From beginning to end, the job took three days. The crew worked meticulously and completed the job to my satisfaction with military precision. Great job and I will not hesitate to use their services again in the future. Thanks.

Description of Work
Paint entire interior of 1700 sq/ft residential home

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/22/2020

11/17/2019

john L.

Excellent experience from the quote to the finish All workers were very friendly and professional and we were very pleased with the job and fair price

Description of Work
pressure washing, carpentry, structural carpentry, fascia replacement, exterior preparation & painting entire hom

Category roofing, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 11/17/2019

11/14/2019

Belinda V.

This company sent a man with his wife/girlfriend to paint, repair roof, gutter, trim, siding & power wash! No one is that much of a “Jack of all trades!”It took 4 weeks bcz most days they didn’t even show up & when they did, their hours were from 1-5! They left all the trash in the yard and the power washing has to be redone bcz they left dirt in huge places all over the house & garage! They left places on the trim without paint & the caulking they did could have been done better by an orangutan! The woman could not speak ANY English & the man very little but they were sent to work on my home without ANY supervision! I had to constantly supervise & communicate what was suppose to be done ( i did not get paid to supervise these individuals (it was not my job or responsibility) but no one from South End showed up or would respond to phone calls or texts! I have been in touch with both the salesman & owner & they both reacted in a manner that presupposes that they have a right to dictate what they will do even if I don’t agree or approve! I thought the customer was always right? These people/ this company are the very kinds of companies that are featured on 60 Minutes where they expose companies that people should avoid like a plague! I truly do not know how this company got ANY “A” ratings but trust me, don’t be fooled, avoid this company unless you want work done that is subpar & has to be done over by someone else! If you choose this company for ANYTHING, be prepared to hire another company to redo or repair the damage that the inept, unqualified, cheap labor that this company uses has done! And do not hire this company for any task/job unless you are prepared for an endless nightmare & double the expense bcz all of the work will have to be redone by someone else!

Description of Work
Siding & trim repair, painting, roofing, gutter repair & power washing!

Category gutter repair, handyman service, roofing, siding, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 11/13/2019

07/03/2019

Janine S.

They sent an estimator to review and estimate the project. He said it would be several days before they would get back with me with an estimate. After about 5 days of not hearing anything, I emailed the estimator (he had no phone number on his card), but never got a response. Several days later, I contacted the company via their website, but no response. I then called them and had to leave a message for someone to contact me, but no one ever has. Pretty bad; do NOT use these people! Update: They did contact me, but not until after my review posted and as I found out, they had used an incorrect email address to send me an estimate, which bounced back to them. This is why I didn't initially receive the estimate. So, I'd like to upgrade this to a C, because after not hearing from them, I tried to contact them 3 different times and did not hear anything until my review was posted.

Description of Work
Install Hardieboard Fiber Cement Stucco board as deck skirting.

Category contractors, house painters

Work Completed On 06/18/2019

[Member Name Removed], This is Not correct. SouthEnd sent your quote to the email address provided and it bounced back. Also management team member tried to contact this customer on the phone # provided through Angie’s List lead service and the Man that answered Claimed we had the wrong phone# (the number was provided through Angie’s list lead service). Something weird is going on here, we will make a complaint to remove this bad grade from Angie’s list reviews, due to the bogus information they have provided us with. Check our other reviews, we are prompt and work hard to keep a great rating. Truly SouthEnd Painting

07/02/2019

Douglas A.

Great job - the crew was here early and worked tirelessly until the job was complete - 3.5 days. They left the house and deck looking great, and cleaned up well before leaving.

Description of Work
Rotting siding, trim, and soffit replaced, entire house pressure washed and painted, deck washed and stained, concrete walkways and driveway pressure washed

Category decks, roofing, siding, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 06/30/2019

Thanks for your business! We will get to your roof repair soon! Happy 4th of July🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

05/31/2019

FREDERICK W.

They were great start to finish. Chris communicated regularly and the project manager was fantastic. So, net is they were the best price by far and the results are great. Thanks guys

Description of Work
They pressure washed deck and put two coats of stain.

Category decks, deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 05/30/2019