Roby Services

Founded 1998 • With Angi since September 2006

2318 Arty Ave

Charlotte, NC 28208

For all your service needs at home, there is only one name to remember: Roby Services. The company is your one-stop shop for high-quality and reliable electrical, handyman, heating and cooling, and plumbing services in Charlotte and the Mecklenburg County area. From maintenance to repairs and installations of any component for your most important home systems, the experts at Roby Services can handle the job. Their technicians are all trained, certified, and equipped to ensure excellent workmanship and results every time. The company also has money-saving offers such as seasonal online coupons and maintenance memberships to help you save and keep your electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems in tip-top shape. Call now or visit their website to schedule a consultation with one of their experts. Roby Services is also available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency services....

06/01/2020

Will D.

They they have an impressive review, out of the 5-6 companies that reached out to bid on my project they were the only one that would not provide a free estimate. That is why I didn't even have them come out. Since so many of the other companies, also, with good ratings provide free estimates, I guess Roby feels they don't need to compete. I'm not one to spend extra money if it is not needed, especially with the work I'm requesting is not overly complexed for a licensed eldctrician. I am glad that Roby has enough to business that they feel they should charge for estimates and wish them continued success. I just don't like feeling pressured to either hirer a company or lose money for them to tell me how much they are going to charge me especially when I provided all the information needed to at least give an estimated range.

Description of Work
Electircal outlets installed, lights installed, wiring short fix.

05/26/2020

Carl A.

They never even contacted me. Found someone by myself. I'll NEVER use Angie's list again. Not reliable. This is the third time I've tried and never got a response.

Description of Work
electrical outlets and hanging lights.

Category electrician, lighting, small appliance repair

05/05/2020

Mary P.

They were great. The guy who did the wallpaper was truly an artist and a perfectionist. The painters were great as well. The house looks beautiful. I am so happy with the results and I cannot give them enough praise.

Description of Work
They did wallpaper in 5 rooms, painted my dining room, living room, hallway, and my bedroom. They also did the ceilings.

Category wallpaper, interior painters

12/28/2019

Scott J.

The job was completed successfully, but it took almost an hour and it cost $350 with a $20 Angie's List credit! They didn't have an outlet on their truck so they had to go buy one. They charge for the job so their didn't seem to be any rush. Ludicrously expensive.

Description of Work
Install outlet near light fixture in closet

Category electrician

Good Afternoon, thank you for your review. Our policy is to price the job up front so that there are no surprises on the back end. The cost on the flat rate is the same to the homeowner even if takes several hours to perform. I'd like to hear more feedback on your experience and will reach out with a phone call. We appreciate your business, and your feedback.

12/12/2019

JEFF & LAURA Z.

The work that was done seemed fine, but they didn’t demonstrate to us that what they did actually worked because they didn’t bring any type of cable/cord to actually plug the generator into the new receptical to the electrical panel... we had to take their word for it that it would work. When we asked about it, the electrician told me I “could probably find the parts at Lowes to make my own cord.” I”m not an electrician so I’d never even attempt this! The proper cord turned out to be impossible to find locally, but we were later able to find it online and ordered it. The most disappointing part of the experience was when I called to give the owner feedback and request assistance, I left a message and never ever got a call back. They just plain did not care about us anymore once we paid the balance of our bill.

Description of Work
Installed a switch on our electrical panel to allow us to plug our stand-alone generator into the house panel.

Category electrician

Good Afternoon, I'm sorry that we left you hanging with the the additional part. Also, we most certainly value any feedback, positive or negative, as it helps us to better serve our clients. I will reach out by phone as well to see if their is anything else we can do to assist with the cord just in case the situation is not resolved. We very much appreciate your business and your feedback. Our hope is that we can serve you again in the future. Very best, Patrick MacIsaac

11/30/2019

Callie S.

They were quick to call to schedule a time, but Gary ended up being able to help me over the phone with no need to schedule coming out. Glad I didn’t need to waste anyone’s time and I greatly appreciated the explanation of what I needed to look for to fix the issue. I will keep their number on hand for any future electrical issues for sure!

Description of Work
Electrical outlets were not working

09/04/2019

MICHAEL M.

Came home after being gone for a week. Found that an electrical outlet stopped working. Went to the circuit breaker and found that the sewer pump circuit breaker had tripped off. Ryan Coleman from ROBY came out to investigate. After going through several circuits he found an electrical outlet outside had been connected to the Sewer Pump Circuit along with another inside outlet ! This was done by a previous electric company-nothing else should have been connected to this dedicated Sewer Pump Outlet. Ryan disconnected the other circuits and fixed the Sewer Pump Circuit. Ryan was Great. I would have never figured out that an outside outlet was improperly wired and would have caused this issue. Thank you!

Description of Work
SEWER PUMP CIRCUIT BREAKER TRIPPED

08/16/2019

Chris R.

Very responsive; they fixed everything as planned. We will call them again.

Description of Work
Added surge protector to electrical panel; repaired can light; repaired ceiling fan; repaired damaged wiring to landscape lighting

Category electrician, ceiling fans, outdoor lighting

04/16/2019

Douglas L.

Last year I hired Roby Heating & Cooling to provide regular maintenance on my A/C units. I have been extremely impressed ever since then. They are punctual and professional. They also are more cost efficient than the company who previously serviced my A/C! My family and I sleep easy at night knowing our heating and cooling systems are being looked over by the Roby Heating & Cooling team.

Description of Work
Air Conditioning Services

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

04/10/2019

Bryan G.

Roby was great! They installed an electrical outlet outside on our patio and then installed a TV for us as well. The technicians were prompt and professional. They asked us what we were looking for and then explained how they would proceed. They were quick and efficient and we love being able to watch TV outside! Thanks Roby Services!

Description of Work
Electrical outlet installed

Category electrician, handyman service

04/10/2019

Marc W.

Roby is first class all the way. Their staff is very helpful, friendly and always are willing to go the extra mile to make sure everything is done correctly the first time.

Description of Work
Basic Maintenance and Repairs

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

02/27/2019

Bree S.

I picked Roby due to the excellent reviews. I had to wait more than 2 weeks to get someone out to my home otherwise I would have had to pay more than double the price for an "emergency visit". We felt that the issue was a bad breaker switch and even requested that the tech replace the switch because there is no way to tell if one has gone bad or not. All he did was tighten up things in the electrical panel. He would not change out the switch. The next day, I completely lost power to that section of the house. Since it was now the weekend, for someone to come out, it would have been considered an emergency visit (double the price). They could not get someone to come back out until Thursday. In the meantime, my husband went to Home Depot, purchased a $20 replacement breaker. He changed it out and it fixed the problem. I called to speak to a manager. I calmly explained everything, but he argued about every point I made. The primary reason why I called a professional in the first place because I was concerned that I could have an electrical fire if the switch wasn't the issue. I wasted $180 on someone to tighten some screws. It seems like they wanted to come back out so that they could charge for a return visit.

Description of Work
Electrical- lights were flickering only in a certain portion of the house

Category electrician

Good Afternoon, I'm very sorry about your experience with our company. We 100% stand behind our work. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will utilize this information to make our team stronger. Very best, Roby Services

01/16/2019

Jennifer N.

TERRIBLE. Do not hire these people. They don't answer phone calls and they don't respond to emails or voicemails. After SIX attempts to request a quote, they finally got back to us to schedule a time. Then we took off work and waited for two hours for them to show up, only to have them call us to say they "had a flat tire" and would have to reschedule. Ridiculous. We ended up going with another company who actually respects their customers' time. Don't waste your time and money with Roby.

Description of Work
Outlet changes, outdoor light repair, ceiling fan light kit install

Category electrician

Good Afternoon, We're very sorry about the confusion that occurred with your service call. We can assure you that we most certainly want your business and respect your time. In this case, we can understand your frustration. We can only hope that you would reconsider next time you have a need so that we can make it up to you. Very best, Roby Services

12/20/2018

Nancy H.

They never contacted me, not even to say that they weren't interested in my project. To me, this is unprofessional.

Description of Work
minor handyman work in my kitchen

Category handyman service

Hi [Member Name Removed], So sorry we missed your request. Our handyman team strives for excellence and we really hope you would give us another shot if you have a need. The best way to contact our handyman team is to give them a call [Member Information Removed] 704-334-5477. Best, Roby Services

12/18/2018

Hector S.

Excellent service. Diagnosed problem that other electricians were unable to resolve.

Description of Work
4 fans synchronized, etc.

Thanks for the kind words!! Roby Services

12/06/2018

Brandon K.

They installed a electric car charger and dedicated 240v circuit in 2015. In 2018 the breaker started tripping during nearly every time I charged the car. I noticed the breaker was extremely hot (over 200 degrees). The wires for the breaker were installed very loose and well below the required torque listed on the breaker.

Description of Work
Installed Electric Car charger

Category electrician

Good Afternoon, We would be happy to come investigate this repair at no cost. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction and quality. Give us a call at 704-334-6447 and ask for Ibis or Patrick and we will take care of this. Best, Roby Services

11/09/2018

Elaine C.

Very nice. Timely and professional.

Description of Work
two sconces also a fuse box.

Category electrician

Thanks for the kind words!

11/07/2018

Angie M.

He did a great job. Only took 5 min

Description of Work
Wired smoke alarm

Category electrician

Thanks so much for the kind words!

11/03/2018

earl E.

Two professional men showed up and did a great job even cleaned up after everything works perfect and they did the job for the quoted price which i thought was very fair.

Description of Work
wired my garage

Category electrician

Thanks for the kind words!

10/25/2018

ROBERT B.

was told on the phone that ordinary service would take ten days before appt. but I could pay twice the amount for a service call to have an electrician that day, as well as about $200.00 per hour for the electrician time, as well as who knows how much for electrical parts. Decided to call another company.

Description of Work
replace GFCI breaker

Category electrician

Good Afternoon, sorry about the long delay. We are usually not that far out on our schedule. Most repairs can be made with in a day or so. Hopefully we can have another shot if you have a need in the future. Very best, Roby Services

10/24/2018

Tania H.

Jeremy called to let me know he was about 20 minutes away, he arrived on time, was very courteous and got right to work. Unfortunately as soon as he looked at the unit it started working! So rather than charge me the $79 service call for doing nothing, he suggested a tune up for ten bucks more. He said even though the unit is quite old it's in good shape and took time to answer all of my questions regarding when to replace it and what to consider when it's time. I was very impressed with him and will definitely use Roby Services again. It's hard to find honestly in this type of service call, we spent over $600 on repairs to the AC unit over the summer with another company and we were not 100% sure the unit needed anything more than freon. I told him what we paid and that the freon itself cost $250 for a pound, he seemed genuinely surprised it cost that much because he said the cost has come down quite a bit the past couple of years. Next time we need service we will definitely call Roby.

Description of Work
Heat Pump service call

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the kind words on our HVAC business! We're taking the quality customer service and integrity and adding new services. Please keep us in mind in the future for Plumbing, Electric and Handyman work as well. Best, Roby Services

09/27/2018

Matthew M.

Freddy was early and had the problem fixed very quickly. He educated me on what the problem was and was very friendly and courteous. I would definitely use this company again because of Freddy.

Description of Work
Bathroom light fixture wasn’t functioning.

Category electrician

Thanks for the kind words!!

07/23/2018

JACK B.

The work was excellent. The worker very professional.

Description of Work
Ceiling fans, I repaired, 1 new install.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Thanks for the kind words!!!

07/23/2018

Sajid K.

Aaron was polite over the phone. We scheduled an appointment. and he came over to provide a quote. He 'hedged' on just about every aspect of the work - "if x were to happen, we are not responsible... if x-1 were to happen, we are not responsible either... and not even if x-2 happened..., no sir!". It's good to be upfront, but this was frustrating. Irrespective, we explained what needed to be done and asked for a quote. We never even got that.

Description of Work
Install recessed lighting

Category electrician

Thanks for your review. We will research this matter and make sure that this doesn't happen again. Best, Roby Services

07/06/2018

Becky N.

We had to place an emergency / after hours phone call to Roby Heating & Cooling when we returned home from vacation to find our thermostat at 80 degrees and climbing. Jeremy arrived in under an hour and quickly got to work. He did what he could that Sunday evening to keep us cool for a few more days, but unfortunately we ended up needing to replace the unit. He was back with us on Wednesday, got the unit replaced and we've been cool and comfortable ever since. He worked hard and quick, was very knowledgeable and educated us on our new unit and all the gadgets that came with, and was friendly with our dog and baby. Despite the circumstances, we enjoyed getting to know him and will definitely use Roby Heating & Cooling again.

Description of Work
HVAC Unit Replaced

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the kinds words!! Our HVAC team is really excited about helping customers! Love the picture as well! Best, Roby Services

Patriot Mechanical, LLC

Patriot Mechanical, LLC - heating and air conditioning services

DIVINE LIGHTSCAPES

We install LOW VOLTAGE landscape Lighting systems. Our products are of the highest quality, utilizing energy saving LED technology with smartphone App controlled capabilities. Try our FREE Lighting Demonstration. We will come out to your location at NIGHT, set up our lighting for you to view and create the atmosphere that best suits your needs. Call Owner/Operator Tim Snyder 704-749-4949

Offers by DIVINE LIGHTSCAPES on Angi
    Limelight Outdoor Lighting

Limelight Outdoor Lighting is a landscape lighting contractor located in Charlotte, NC. We specialize in custom low voltage LED lighting systems that are well-designed and professionally installed. We offer landscape lighting design and installation services as well as outdoor lighting maintenance and repair for residential and commercial properties in and around the Charlotte Metro area. From architectural accent lighting and landscape lighting to security lights, deck lights, patio lights, path lights, string lights, and pool lights, our custom outdoor lighting systems are designed to fit your vision and budget. Our process is simple and begins with a free design consultation. Call today to schedule an appointment.

Offers by Limelight Outdoor Lighting on Angi

Visa, MasterCard, Check

Electrical, lighting fixture, ceiling fan installation, entertainment system wiring, audio & video, phone, cable & tv outlets, wiring for water heaters, A/C units, hot tubs, whirlpools, low-voltage track & accent lighting, outdoor security lighting, landscape lighting, panel upgrades, surge protection & backup generators. Handyman, Heating & Cooling, Plumbing.