Prime Comfort

North Carolina: Plumbers
12/31/2022

9303 Monroe Rd Ste E

Charlotte, NC 28270

We are full-service heating and air conditioning contractors dedicated to helping our friends and neighbors enjoy indoor comfort all year long. When a home-comfort system has stopped working, it can be frustrating; in some situations, it can be dangerous. Imagine the heater going out in the middle of winter when the temperature will drop below freezing or the AC shutting off during a July or August heat wave when temperatures can soar above 100°F. We believe it’s essential to provide quality service when emergency situations like this arise, and our actions will prove it to you when you call....

HVAC Companies (66)

05/27/2022

D. F.

Everything went well. Work was performed and there are no complaints.

Description of Work
Work related to a recently-installed AC unit that is under warranty.

Work Completed On 05/19/2022

04/03/2020

Denise D.

Even though I write for a living, I rarely write reviews. I would be remiss not to shout from the rooftops about how much this company impressed me. Buying a replacement HVAC system is worse than buying a car. It is stressful, and the industry is plagued by bad actors who run their businesses to take advantage of the people who depend on them. Like any other smart consumer, I did my homework. I consulted Next Door and Angie's List. I scheduled appointments with five companies. I had an urgent issue of mold in my ductwork, and warm weather was around the corner. At first, I wanted to decide based on price. I think most HVAC consumers feel this way. In the end, I decided what was best for my health and ultimate comfort. Bill Hix, Comfort Specialist, at Prime Comfort, was more like a consulting expert to me than a salesperson. He once owned his own HVAC company in VA and was exceptionally knowledgeable. More than that, his quotation and recommendations were in front of me immediately on his tablet. Nothing short of impressive. It was a no-brainer. They would start with two simultaneous crews on the next business day. Due to my compromised immune system, the installation crews wore hazmat suits, gloves, and masks whenever inside my home. I was replacing two units and all the ductwork in the attic. Bill kept saying to me, "Don't worry. We are going to take care of you," and that is precisely what they did. Their lead installers Bobby Nation and Corey Hargrove, were great with communication –– always calling me first when they would be entering the house. They were punctual, polite, helpful, and careful cleaning and disinfecting everything they touched, even vacuuming when necessary. They worked in the attic, while sheets of rotten plywood were being torn off by roofers at the same time. They never complained. Their Operation Manager, Ken Leach, was regularly on-site overseeing his crews daily and extremely patient with all my questions, concerns, and requests. (I tend to be a back seat driver) Ken always made me feel like a VIP customer, no matter what. Prime Comfort's quality of work is flawless, clean, and exacting. They even cared to replace all my supply vents and intake grills as well as properly insulate beneath the stairwell and adjust a basement dryer vent –– all to allow the new system to operate most efficiently. I upgraded my system on every level, including commercial-grade filtration systems. The growth of mold in my air supply made it easy for me to conclude that these were important and lasting decisions. When the unit started up, I literally could tell the difference in my air quality as I could between tap and purified water. I am ecstatic. How did I come to be so lucky to choose Prime Comfort? After I decided on a Trane system, I realized that the gentleman I was going to hire did not offer the Trane's 0% financing program. I asked him which of the four companies I was meeting with was the best company to hire. He texted back: Go with Prime Comfort. Boy, am I ever glad I did just that. I congratulate the owner, Kevin Murphy, for leading such an excellent, honest, and professional team. It is comforting (pun intended) to know that there are good people in this business, who operate daily in good faith and serve their customers with a genuine intention not just on Day 1, but for the lifetime of the equipment. So if you are in the challenging process of choosing an HVAC company and a system, let me do you a favor: Go with Prime Comfort.

Description of Work
Replaced moldy ductwork in attic; insulated stairwell; replaced two 3-ton HVAC gas furnace systems.

Work Completed On 03/23/2020

Review for Prime Comfort - 9303 Monroe Rd, Charlotte, NC - 38478148

01/22/2020

Erik B.

After analyzing the ratings and reviews on several HVAC companies I decided to contract Prime Comfort because of their high ratings and the fact that they offered a discount for multiple units. My personal opinion of the company however began with Barbara in the office. She was pleasant, quick to respond and very informative. When Bryan, the technician, arrived the next day to service my units, he made a very good impression as well. I observed his work on my 1st furnace and asked plenty of questions which he gladly answered and explained. He also showed patience and detail in making sure the work was done properly. Though I have a 3rd unit which I rarely use, I did ask Bryan to take a look at it which he did. It looked good enough that in his opinion I did not need to pay extra to have him service that unit. I was glad to see that he didn’t try to push an unneeded service on me. But as I purchased the home 18 months ago and hadn’t done a service yet, I had him service that unit anyways. In the end it was a good thing I did as the capacitor in the furnace was not doing well and needs to be changed before it dies Or causes damage to the motor. But by a simple visual inspection you would never know. So FYI. All in all, a very good first visit and I would definitely recommend Prime Comfort for your HVAC needs.

Description of Work
HVAC Maintenance

Work Completed On 01/21/2020

10/28/2019

Dennis S.

All went very well. The tech took readings and then checked out the AC/Heating unit. All was functioning properly, but the fan was set way too high. The air was passing over the coils so fast the moisture was not being removed from the air. The tech made the adjustments to the fan in the unit under the house and the humidity in the house has now dropped dramatically. The tech also cleaned the outer unit and made sure all components were working as they should. We are very pleased with the service, the professionalism, and the value for what was charged. I would recommend Prime comfort tom anyone needing work on their AC/Heating systems.

Description of Work
Called to check out need for an additional return air vent - too much humidity in the house

Work Completed On 10/03/2019

Thank you for the compliment and thank you for selecting Prime Comfort to take care of your heating and cooling needs. We were happy to help and we look forward to working with you in the future.

10/23/2019

Richard K.

The job went well. The tech was competent and professional. I would certainly use his services again and recommend him.

Description of Work
Install wi-fi smart thermostat

Work Completed On 10/22/2019

Thank you for choosing Prime Comfort and we certainly appreciate the favorable review and recommendation. We are glad we could help you out in this situation and we stand ready to provide assistance another time.

02/12/2019

RICK L.

We had a great experience with Prime Comfort. Bill came out and worked with me on a full system replacement quote and he blew the competition out of the water. I received 2 quotes for Trane equipment and it was a very easy decision to make. The outside unit was the same on both quotes. On the Prime Comfort quote the furnace was upgraded to the Hyperion TAM9 unit vs the TEM6 from the competitors quote and Prime Comfort was still cheaper. Bill and the owner where very flexible with us as our install date had to be moved a few times. The installers were great as well and they did a great job and explained the system features well. There was a problem with a bad part in the new furnace unit from the factory and they made sure that it was replaced during the day of the install and all was in good working order. I have also spoken to Barbara in the front office and she has been very helpful in coordinating things as well. Bottom line....No complaints here and I would highly recommend Prime Comfort to anyone looking for HVAC repair or system replacement.

Description of Work
New HVAC system install

Work Completed On 01/21/2019

Thank you for choosing Prime Comfort and a special thanks for the kind review! It was a pleasure working with you and we look forward to helping you with your HVAC needs in the future.

11/16/2018

Gaia S.

William did a great job and was very patient re: diagnosing/resolving the issues that my heater was having.

Description of Work
Heat repair work

Work Completed On 11/16/2018

Thank you for the kind words and we are glad we could be of service. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

10/29/2018

Rachel M.

Technician was on time, friendly, and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
A/C tune up

Work Completed On 07/10/2018

Thank you for the compliment and we greatly appreciate your business. We look forward to helping you again sometime in the future.

08/15/2018

Lindsey W.

My experience with Prime Comfort was excellent. Barbara, Chuck, and William were always available to answer my questions, explain options, facilitate the install, and even called to follow up to make sure everything was working perfectly .

Description of Work
New air conditioning and furnace

Work Completed On 07/14/2018

07/31/2018

Kelly Adult L.

The problem was thoroughly explained to me and promptly fixed. The replacement part required was on-hand in the truck, so only one relatively quick visit by technician was needed. Overall, excellent service on all fronts - professionalism, cost, promptness, etc! Would highly recommend to anyone!

Description of Work
Upstairs AC unit had problem with compressor and would not cool.

Work Completed On 07/31/2018

Air Conditioning, Heating, Indoor Air Quality, HVAC, Ductless Systems, Maintenance.

Oil heating, Geo Thermal, Boilers, Chillers, Fireplaces, Duct-cleaning