PARAGON PAINTING

Founded 1994 • With Angi since September 2004

432 NEAL DR

Charlotte, NC 28213

OWNER-OPERATED. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. NO SERVICE FEES. MAY CONTACT BY EMAIL....

07/11/2014

JOSEPH C.

Kirk did an excellent job and worked very hard. He was very professional and punctual. We highly recommend him. We had quotes from other painting contractors, all within $250 of Kirk's price,

Description of Work
We bought a new home and it was painted with white walls. We wanted to decorate each room with it's own colors according to our furniture and area rugs. We accomplished this using Kirk Lyles from Paragon Painting. We needed to move in about November 20 and told him that all the work must be completed. Kirk did an excellent job and finished on time within our contract price.

04/06/2014

Jeff H.

very professional. came to house when he said he would and did the work in a timely fashion, as promised. Job was very neat. Kirk also fixed a few holes in the wall.

Description of Work
interior painting of bedroom and bathroom. including ceilings and all trim

03/10/2014

Jenae D.

The job was delayed, but only because of weather. They took the whole day to complete the job and cleaned up well after the work was complete. I did pay additional fees as I had more shutters than the deal allotted. It all worked out great!

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for exterior painting of my shutters and front door.

11/25/2013

JOSEPH C.

It went wonderful, could not have been better. Kirk is a great guy to deal with with a nice personality, always keeping me informed. He is extremely professional. He performed a quality paint job, that I'm proud to highly recommend to others. Use Kirk, you'll never regret it..

Description of Work
I contacted 3 other painters from Angie's List. All gave me accurate detailed quotes. Kirk was in the middle, but very much inline, as I never believe in taking the cheapest quote for good reason. He used Sherwin Williams paint thruout the house and painted 8 rooms for me.

10/13/2013

Heather G.

We were in a bind with our contractors at the time and they were charging entirely too much to do some wood rot work. I called Kirk to give us a quote and he not only had a great price but he was timely and did amazing work. He does his work alone and what he promises is what you get. About 6 months later I was in a time crunch with my HOA due to 2 pieces of siding not matching the rest of the house. He got out to the house quickly even though he was booked solid and helped me out. Even sent me pictures to show my HOA. Thank you Kirk!

Description of Work
Wood Rot and Exterior Paint

Category woodworking, house painters

08/30/2013

ANNA L.

I've been having a problem with a ceiling stain that reappeared months after having had it primed with oil base primer and painted and which stain has recently expanded. I've had a plumber and roofer out here on three separate occasions after the initial stain was painted and reappeared. Neither has been able to find a leak. I called Paragon Painters for advice as to whether or not it could be a bleed-through. I received an immediate response and the gentleman I spoke with was extremely pleasant, professional and kind .enough to provide me with the requested advice and without trying to sell me services. I will definitely call them for my next paint job

Description of Work
Provided advice on telephone re painting/staining issue.

06/24/2013

Julie T.

Mr. Lyles repaired several shutters and painted them.

Description of Work
Repair a few shutters and paint them.

Category contractors

06/12/2013

Stephanie D.

FANTASTIC!!! Nothing else to be said. Prompt, courteous and great job!

Description of Work
Painted small 2 bedroom house

06/10/2013

Royc R.

I began the scheduling process for this job back in February (I think). The major challenge this rainy spring was coordinating a day that would allow the play set cedar to dry before and after the work. We attempted to schedule multiple days, but had to cancel because of rain. Brian was very accomodating during this scheduling process. I know he had some additional challenges when he lost a work man (reasons unknown) and this backed him up a bit. However, when the weather finally cleared, he did a good job on sealing the play set. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

Description of Work
Sprayed oil-based protectant on wooden, outdoor play set

06/05/2013

RICK K.

He was wonderful, reasonable, and did a beautiful job. He was also very efficient, dedicated, and did things right.

Description of Work
He did all the interior painting and some repair painting on the outside of our home.

05/27/2013

April B.

Kirk was polite to us and did an excellent job painting our shed. However, it took longer than we thought it should have for him to call us back, come out to look at the shed, and email the quote. The work was performed as promised, but he refused to honor the "10% off to Angie's members'' coupon on his site. He said it was only for senior citizens, but the coupon did not indicate this. This was disappointing..

Description of Work
Painted a small shed and replaced 2 pieces of rotten wood.

05/20/2013

John H.

Painter did a great job. Very professional and very clean .. no problems.

Description of Work
Painted door and shutters.

05/17/2013

WILLIAM M.

Very good work. Did an excellent job cleaning mildew before painting.

Description of Work
Painted exterior soffets and gutters

05/14/2013

Eric W.

EXCELLENT JOB. WELL DONE !!!!

Description of Work
Exterior Painting was Very Well Done.

05/13/2013

Julie T.

Very well. Mr. Lyles had to contend with bad weather but maintained communication to keep me updated as to when the painting job would begin.

Description of Work
Mr. Lyles did an excellent job of painting shutters and making some repairs. Will use again!

Category woodworking, house painters

04/15/2013

Jason H.

Great experience. Company real responsive to inquiry, for appointment, and work preparation, through to job completion. Did not get complete on day 1 as orginally planned so returned on following day to complete the job. This was fine as they took their time to do a good job. Great work.

Description of Work
Miscellaneous list of painting interior and exterior of home. More maintenance and touchups. Some minor drywall repair.

03/31/2013

Lana M.

The individual did not come out in advance to look over the job and then seem to be suprised that he would need to pressure wash before painting. They also did not warn me to move my hall rug away before they started cleaning and water did come under the door. After doing the cleaning they said they would have to wait for it to dry so would be back in the afternoon. By late afternoon they had not come back and I had an appointment. When I called he said he was having lunch (3:30 in the afternoon) and his helper had quit that day. I scheduled for him to come back another day to complete the job. He did come as scheduled and did a good job on the painting. Would not grade him high on professionism.

Description of Work
I used the one of the special deals to get my front door and shutters painted. Plus extra for the paint.

03/17/2013

mary K.

Prompt response...had to wait till warm enough to paint outside. Only problem was I did not know if I had oil or latex paint so I bought the incorrect paint (extra expense-but my fault). had to go back to get oil based paint. He did thorough job....scraped, washed and painted... all completed the same day

Description of Work
sanded old paint and repainted shutters and front door

11/28/2012

GWEN M.

It went well. Kirk purchase the paint for us, and painted 14 shutters and 1 door in about 3 hours. He did a good job and didn't make a mess. My only complaint is that I asked for an estimate for painting the door trim, pediment, and other trim details on the house and have not yet received one.

Description of Work
I purchased an Angie's List Deal for painting 12 shutters and 1 door for $199.00. Paid an extra $45 for painting 2 extra shutters and 1/2 gallon of paint.

11/16/2012

SUZANNE T.

I had a great experience with Kirk at Paragon. I purchased a Big Deal for shutters and door. I didn't know what type of paint to purchase, so consulted him via email and he provided me with options. I had additional shutters, and Kirk added them at very little cost. He also substituted my cornices for the trim that came as part of the package as my trim had been recently painted. He was very efficient, and extremely tidy. I'm going to hire him to do my ceilings in the spring. Very happy with my results. My door and shutters look great and my neighbors have commented on how wonderful they look.

Description of Work
Painted shutters, door, and cornices

10/26/2012

Stephanie D.

Fantastic - from quote to completion. Have referred friends and family and will use again!!

Description of Work
Interior painting.

09/21/2012

Carla D.

I contacted the vendor and told him I purchased the coupon for 199.99 (shutters and front door) and what I needed. They were extremely professional and asked me when did I want to have the work completed. I provided him two different dates and he was able to accommodate me. They were on time and completed the work in a timely manner. Did an excellent job painting and cleaning up. I will use this company again the next time I need painting work. I highly recommend their services to others.

Description of Work
Painted front door and shutters

09/17/2012

JAMES & JENNY D.

I purchased the advertised Angie's List special $199 for exterior shutters and front door painting on April 17. Mr. Lyles came to my house a few weeks later, and requested that some landscape work be completed prior to painting. He also informed me that since the shutters were louvered, there would be an additional charge. I arranged for the requested work to be done, and called him upon completion. Several weeks after that, he came to pressure wash and discoverd some rotting wood on the shutters, which will require repair. I agreed to pay for the repairs, and extra due to the louvered shutters. He agreed to buy the paint and invoice me for that as well. It is now Sept. 17 and the work has yet to be completed. For five months he has had my money and all I have recieved in return is a partial pressure wash. At this point, it will need to be washed again prior to being painted. I am very disappointed and discouraged by the whole episode. I haven't heard from him in weeks, and what should have been a simple transaction has become a ridiculously protracted experience.

Description of Work
bought Angie's List coupon special, $199 exterior painting on shutters and front door

Category house painters

The customer contacted me towards the end of May saying she was ready to get the work done.I scheduled a day and upon arriving found 4 of the shutters completely covered by dense bushes extending approx. 8' outward from the house.This is the landscaping issue mentioned in the review.I requested they be trimmed enough to gain access.It was about 5 weeks later that she recontacted me saying the issue was solved.At this point I was booked solid,it being peak season.I freed up a 1/2 day(leaving another job early) to go again to wash the shutters and found the 4 shutters barely accessible(about 8-10" of clearance).I not only managed to wash the shutters but also washed away hug cobwebs from the front windows(not sure what is meant by"partial washing")I worked several Saturdays to free up another day.With all of my workload being exterior during this time,it was difficult to get back.I set my calender for Sept 21st as a tentative date(because rain can offset the schedule)I did not inform the customer of this date in case it did not work out.I then saw the review and called her on Thurs. the 20th to see if she wanted me to come out and do the shutters on the 21st.I did not receive a response.The customer will be receiving a full refund within 30 days.This was an unfortunate situation for all parties.

07/07/2012

SANDRA S.

It went great! The job took a little longer than we thought because of the 100 temperatures with this work being outside. I didn't have to have a deadline for completing it.

Description of Work
I had used Kirk before and was pleased. Previously he did interior painting and wallpaper removal. This job was powerwashing the house and decks, and mildew removal on the decks, painting exterior trim, doors, windows. He also removed and installed some rotten wood on two window sills, and also deck steps. He worked during one of the hottest weeks we've had. He does his work to perfection. I would highly recommend him.

06/26/2012

Shawn H.

We were extremely pleased with the end result! The only issue we had, which was minor, was some items were not placed back in their original locations after the job was complete and some ceiling fan blades were not put back, but Kurt explained he did not know his partner had taken them down. Overall we were very pleased with the quality of his work!

Description of Work
Kurt painted the popcorn ceiling on the entire downstairs of our house which included the living room, dining room, half bath, entry and kitchen. He also installed crown molding in the living room.

Category woodworking, interior painters

Artistic Colors Painting

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in painting services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Bergen's Contracting & Repair Inc

Since 1992 Bergen's Contracting & Repair, Inc has provided quality workmanship and excellent customer service to Charlotte and the surrounding areas. Home improvements and home repairs are our specialty. We offer the convenience of having one company perform both painting and repairs without the hassle of coordinating two companies to get the job done. We service the following areas: Charlotte, Pineville, Ballantyne, Matthews, Harrisburg, Monroe, Huntersville, Cornelius, Fort Mill, Tega Cay, Lake Wylie, and Rock Hill.

NEW ERA construction

RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL PAINTING, REMODELING, AND HOUSECLEANING. We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in Remodeling and Deck Building Services, we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click to schedule a free estimate today! NEW ERA is a fully insured business,! so your project is insured with us!

INTERIOR & EXTERIOR PAINTING, MINOR CARPENTRY REPAIRS(WOOD ROT), INTERIOR MOLDING INSTALLATION (CROWN, CHAIRRAILS) & MINOR DRYWALL REPAIRS (ONLY WITH PAINTING).