NEW BEGINNINGS MOVING & STORAGE

Founded 2004 • With Angi since April 2008

2920 N Tryon St

Charlotte, NC 28206

Don't be distracted by the word "New" in our name; we are a company that has been servicing the Carolinas for over 18 yrs with highly trained professional movers. We pride ourselves on making your moving experiences stress-free. Specializing in Antiques, Fine Arts, Pianos, protecting your hardwood floors and completely padding all furniture inside home. Being one of the most trusted moving companies in Charlotte, NC, you can truly rely on our efficiency as a long distance and local mover. ADDITIONAL PHONE AFTER HOURS: (980) 721-6677. USDOT-1230181....

02/25/2020

Kacey S.

I would recommend New Beginnings 100 times out of 100. They were professional, punctual, and did not leave until the job was fully completed. Very easy to work with and overcame any problem that arose. Movers were courteous, personable, and knowledgeable about all aspects of the move. Best move I have ever experienced.

Description of Work
Moving from one house to another

Category moving companies,storage units

02/18/2020

Jessie B.

Love this company and team! Extremely polite, worked fast and were professional. Communication was great for scheduling the appointments.

Description of Work
Packing & Moving house

10/26/2018

EMILY S.

They were here early, got all my stuff moved lightning-fast, and they were so nice to work with. The prices were very reasonable, and they did a great job of communicating before the move to get me ready,.

Description of Work
Moving items from upstairs bedrooms to garage

07/05/2018

Steve B.

It went extremely well. They moved us out of our home in Charlotte and into our home in Pittsboro in one day. This is the second time we have used this company and we were pleased both times. The workers are punctual, careful with your belongings, efficient, friendly and easy to work with. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We hired New Beginnings to move our home belongings from Charlotte to Pittsboro

06/12/2018

Virginia B.

I used the company twice, and both times the workers asked that I tip them in cash, saying that the owner does not pass the tips on when they are added to a credit card payment. Seemed unethical to me, given that the movers were the ones who did the actually work.

Description of Work
Office move

Category moving companies

Good Morning, On 06/12/18 we had no customer by the name of [Member Name Removed] We book/schedule our moves via email and our records indicate we NEVER had a client under this name. I'm not sure where the confusion came in but we do not operate our business as stated in the review submitted. Thank you.

04/26/2018

LINDA G.

They were so helpful, and seemed to be very careful with my things. I’ll know for sure when I get them out of storage, but from what I can tell they did an excellent job. Also, they worked as quickly as they did carefully, which is crucial when they’re getting paid by the hour. I’ll hire them again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Local moving

04/10/2018

Tameka M.

Amazing!!!! The only word that my mom and I can think of when we remember our move from Charlotte, NC to New Jersey is "Amazing". From the very beginning of our moving process when the owner of New Beginnings Mr. Michael Blair came to our home we immediately felt at ease and comfortable with him and his team moving our furniture. We discussed with him our concerns with relocating and the care of our belongings. Mr. Blair explained in thorough detail the process of what was included in our move and how our items would be wrapped and handled by his team of movers. After meeting Mr. Blair we decided to look no further and chose him and his team for our move in March 2018. We were especially overjoyed to find out that he is a man of faith which really made us at ease. On our move day, the men arrived and greeted us in a professional, warm and friendly manner and was ready to get to work. Mr. Blair's men were respectful, hard working and concerned about our furniture and about us and was quick to tell us to let them do all the heavy lifting and told us to rest which was a blessing to us after being exhausted after the move. The movers traveled from Charlotte to NJ when a NorEaster hit NJ and had to travel through very dangerous high winds which could have caused the truck to flip over as they got closer to New Jersey. In spite of the weather and the bridge in MD being closed, the movers arrived on the day promised and was just a little late which was a miracle! We thank God for Mr. Blair, Sharita who works in the office and the wonderful men who moved us, you will not make a mistake choosing Mr. Blair, he is a godly man with integrity who knows how to do business the right way. Thank you Mr. Blair, Sharita and the crew who moved us, God Bless you all! We will refer you to anyone who is moving.

Description of Work
Moving Relocated from Charlotte, NC to NJ

02/05/2018

CHARLES H.

Very well. The crew was on time and had everything moved in time for lunch.

Description of Work
Move a few miles from one apartment to another.

12/20/2017

Bob R.

The 4 man crew was extremely professional, consulting with us every step of the way. They took great care to wrap all of our furniture, and carefully pack it on and off the truck. They asked us where we wanted things placed, and set up our beds for us. They were very careful of the walls and floors in both homes. The crew members were friendly and courteous, and worked quickly and efficiently. Before they left they encouraged us to look around to make sure everything was where we wanted it. I am very happy with the move, from initially contacting the company, to verifying the move date, to finishing up the process. I would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Move across town

11/13/2017

Blake B.

It went very well. The movers arrived early, worked non-stop, and were very careful with all of my belongings.

Description of Work
Moved from a two story, 3 bedroom home to an apartment and storage unit.

10/19/2017

Melissa or Michael W.

3 man crew showed up on time and ready to work. They were friendly and very careful with all our things. Curtis led the crew he surveyed the house to see which order he wanted to get furniture and did the stacking in the truck, he stacked it tight. They all did an awesome job, and placed items as we instructed in the rental house. I will use again to move to our future home in April 2018.

Description of Work
sold our home and moved to a rental house while our new house is being built.

10/09/2017

Heba A.

All went well! Emails were repliedto promptly, movers were friendly and worked the entire time (you pay by the hour). Would use them again!

Description of Work
Moved all furniture and boxed items into a POD and about a month later unloaded the POD and reassembled into the new home.

07/26/2017

Manisha P.

Everything was fine except for minor damage to two couches. A repair guy was sent out quickly to fix the damage.

Description of Work
I needed to have all the furniture from one house moved to another.

07/13/2017

Lee F.

They were highly effective from beginning to end. My car broke down and they were patient and supportive. It was excellent service by Mr. Blair and his company. They took great care with my property and the assembly was quick and easy

Description of Work
Moving assistance

05/05/2017

Connie B.

Just great. No problems. Very hard workers and got the job done as quickly as possible. I have recommended them to friends already.

Description of Work
had 4 men move me with their truck from my apartment to my new house locally

02/04/2017

JIM S.

Michael and his staff did a great job. We will use them again.

Description of Work
Moved two appliances across town.

12/21/2016

Christina P.

They were very professional and personable. They took great care of our things and made the moving process very enjoyable and easy. Would definitely recommend them and will use them again! Very happy with this moving company!

Description of Work
We moved within Charlotte from one home to another and they were great moving all of our furniture and items.

11/14/2016

Lindsay R.

We were blown away by New Beginnings and the AMAZING team of men that helped us move! Mr. Blair, the owner, whom we spoke with prior to committing, was very professional and really and truly cared about the quality of work that his men and company represent. We had 3 men help us on moving day. All 3 men, were professional, friendly and worked hard the entire time. They were prompt (early actually) and efficient. They were careful with all of our items and did everything they could to safely transfer our furniture. Nothing was broken/damaged and all items were just as carefully moved in as they were out at our new home. This was the first time we had ever hired movers, but we will recommend New Beginnings to everyone from here on out! Thank you to Mr. Blair and your team for making our moving experience positive!!

Description of Work
We were moving out of a 1255 sq ft second story apartment, to a 2 story home 10 miles away.

10/23/2016

John M.

The move went well in spite of several wrinkles and I'd have no hesitation using this great company again. New Beginnings was one of 5 companies I'd put on "the list" based on my Angies List research. Michael answered my call and after talking through the basics of our move I felt very confident that his crew could make it happen at a good price so I went with him. The plan was to load the trucks in the morning and then meet at the house after we'd closed on the house that afternoon. We got started about an hour late when the trucks ran into heavy traffic but the foreman Larry did a great job of reaching out to me to let me know of the delay and keeping me updated. Once onsite, each of the crew was in good spirits, very polite, and each man made it a point to introduce themselves and then they got right to work. Our storage units were both on the 2nd floor of the storage building so they had to deal with a elevator bottleneck and, later in the day, a broken elevator (not their fault) but they kept a steady brisk pace the entire time. On the load-out at the house, they took care to protect the floors (they laid out runners for their walking paths) and I didn't find a single wall ding despite them moving several large pieces upstairs. Each of the crew were in great spirits and very engaging (and patient) with our kids running around and watching. Larry and his crew were great and I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Moving all of our belongings, which were stuffed into a 10x30 and 10x20 storage unit, into our new home.

08/27/2016

Rob G.

We recently moved and had a great experience with New Beginnings Moving & Storage. Michael, the owner of the company, was always very professional and responsive to our needs. The moving crew (which was led by Orlando, and also included Robert, Brentwood and Ricky) was outstanding! Not only were they polite, courteous and professional; but they also did a great job of protecting our furniture and belongings, and carefully moved everything as if it was their own. Despite the intense summer heat, they worked diligently and tirelessly. We highly recommend New Beginnings, and especially the moving crew mentioned previously. It was truly a blessing to work with such wonderful people during an otherwise stressful time!

Description of Work
Moving of furniture and personal belongings to our new home

08/25/2016

Tina B.

Best move ever-outstanding service! ! The three movers arrived promptly and introduced themselves: Orlando, DeMarco, and Corey. Even though it was a 95 degree day the men worked steadily to carefully wrap furniture and carry it down the stairs of a townhouse and up 2 flights of outdoor stairs to the new apartment. They moved a large washer and dryer set, large and heavy old furniture, and a piano along with sofas, beds, and other furniture. Not one piece was damaged, and the men made sure to secure any small pieces such as bookcase shelf support pegs in a safe place. The men wasted no time, taking just short very breaks to stay hydrated. All of them were very polite, friendly, and helpful. Special thanks to Orlando for working hard to hook up the washer correctly, and in a very tight space! (They will hook up washer & dryer if a release is signed). And DeMarco's positive energy and special help with our concerns made the move a lot less stressful. Thanks for a job very well done-a smooth move!!

Description of Work
Moved from townhouse to second story flat.

07/20/2016

Daniel C.

From my first contact with Sharita and Michael through the actual move, I was very impressed by their strong customer service skills. The 4 gentlemen who came to move us were great! It was an extremely hot day but that didn't slow them down a bit. Very professional and polite!! Would highly recommend this team.

Description of Work
Moved to another house approximately 5 miles away.

07/06/2016

Lonnie L C.

I was impressed with this company. They were very professional and courteous from my first phone call. While we only had a few things to move to our new house, I was impressed. with the three men that came to do the work They were very careful with our items and made moving look easy. They also were very accommodating when my wife wanted to move a large rug to another room. I highly recommend this company for small or large moving jobs.

Description of Work
Moved a few items to a location 7 miles away.

06/13/2016

Jacqueline J.

They were prompt and very understanding. They were the only moving company that guaranteed they would be able to deliver my furniture in 3 days. Their packers were exceptional. They packed everything very carefully and nothing was broken. They went beyond the call every chance they could get. They fit their time frame exactly as planned and that gave me great peace of mind. They made sure everything was labelled and accounted for when they had arrived with my furniture on Friday. They also referred me to a great and reasonable auto transport company. I would absolutely recommend them to other members. They seem to take care of customers in a way that not very many businesses do anymore. They even shrinkwrapped all of the appropriate furniture!

Description of Work
They picked up my goods on Tuesday and delivered it to my new home by Friday.

04/27/2016

Katie N.

New Beginnings helped me pack and move a three bedroom home from one end of Charlotte to another. I have several English and early American antique pieces of furniture that are delicate and irreplaceable, not to mention a dining room table that seats 12 and has a surface that would be easy to scratch and ruin. They moved everything so carefully, professionally, and thoughtfully we had ZERO PROBLEMS. I fully expected something to go wrong--something would get broken or something would get scratched. Everything was moved in PERFECT CONDITION. On top of that the crew was so nice, helpful, and respectful. I so much appreciate the service and professional care I received that I'm booking my next move with New Beginnings as we speak.

Description of Work
Packed and moved my three bedroom home