Mister Sparky By Wise Electric Control Inc

Founded 1988 • With Angi since March 2011

4.3

525 N Tryon St Ste 1600

Charlotte, NC 28202

Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc. has been serving the Charlotte area for over 25 years. We promise prompt and professional service to all of our customers. “We’re On Time You’ll See, Or The Repair Is Free!” We look forward to solving all your electrical repair, installation and service needs. Call us now to schedule an appointment. "No More Malarkey, Call Mister Sparky!" Note: We are not a handy man electrical service. We are trained electrical professionals. If you want a cheap handy man, shop elsewhere....

06/05/2020

Carlos W.

They were great with their knowledge of the service and were on-time for the service.

Description of Work
No electricity in one of the bed rooms. Breakers keeps tripping.

It was a pleasure to serve you. Thanks for the review! Rusty Wise - President

04/27/2020

William B.

They quick and did what they had to do.

Description of Work
Installed light fixture

Category electrician

Thank you for the great review! It's our pleasure to serve you. Rusty Wise - President

11/19/2018

Loretta C.

They did a great job. They are excellent. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Minor electrical

Category electrician

Thank you for the kind words and review! It was a pleasure to serve you. Sincerely, Rusty Wise President Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc.

10/09/2018

Judith T.

They replaced our old alarms which were not working correctly came out promptly and did great job

Description of Work
Replace Smoke alarms

Category electrician, home security systems

Thank you for the great review! It was a pleasure to serve you! Rusty Wise President Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc.

09/10/2018

Michael S.

Everything went fine. They fixed a ceiling fan that quit working. The price was a tad expensive but they got everything done quickly and quietly. They left their door mat and though...it’s still in my garage and we now use a “Mr Sparky” door mat to wipe or feet on. Thanks!

Description of Work
Ceiling fan stopped working

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Thank you for the review! Enjoy your Mister Sparky mat on us! It was a pleasure to serve you. Rusty Wise - President - Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc.

08/09/2018

Mark R.

They were very good and they cleaned up after themselves. They did everything they said they would do. They're competent. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
They rewired all the outlets in my house.

Category electrician

It was a pleasure to serve you! Thank you for the great review! Rusty Wise President Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc.,

07/09/2018

Robert H.

He did very well. He was able to come the next day and did a very nice job. He also gave me a good price.

Description of Work
upgraded my electric system

Category electrician

Thank you for the review. It was a pleasure to serve you! Rusty Wise President Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc.

09/15/2017

Loretta C.

He was a pleasure to work with. He was excellent and helpful.

Description of Work
He did my light fixtures.

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you for the review! It was a pleasure to serve you! Rusty Wise President Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc.

08/20/2017

Veena N.

They were a very sloppy company. He was responsive, when he said he would come he came. He communicated well and was punctual. But they did a very bad job. I called someone fix the problem quickly because it would take out all of the electricity. They did a job that I didn't get to see what they did. I don't even know if he replaced the part properly. The price was too high. He didn't do too much inside, the only part he replaced was in the garage. But I'm not sure...a total rip off. I asked to see the part that was replaced and he said he threw it in the trash. I would not recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
I used them for electric things. They replaced a part. It was just one thing when pulling out the fan switch it was pulled hard and the wires were mis-aligned and it shut down the entire area and caused bad connection. We asked him to check the problem area and instead, he said it was the flip switch in the garage. The problem was only in one spot and we knew exactly where it was. He said he replaced parts and he didn't from what I saw. The only part he said he replaced was in the garage but I am not so sure that he really did that.

Category electrician

You must have us confused with another company. We find no record of your name, address, or any calls for you in our database. Rusty Wise President Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc.

07/25/2017

Shirley T.

We had a great experience. The person on the phone was very prompt and courteous. Our technician was kind and professional. He took his time to explain things to us and even though it was 12:30 am, he still sat down and wrote everything out in detail (so we could take it back to our A/C company who was at fault).

Description of Work
Our AC unit went out (in July) and found out that it was because our circuit breaker went out. We called Mister Sparky because they offered after hours work. They were very professional on the phone working with getting out to us as soon as possible.

Category electrician

It as a pleasure to serve you. We appreciate the review! Rusty Wise President Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc.

07/12/2017

Anne R.

Initially I had called another company because that was the last one I had used and they had done work on the house, but I guess just the volume of people who were trying to get service, because a lot of people had no service. My box actually caught on fire, my neighbors didn?t have power, so it was a big deal to get our power back out here to fix the line. The line had been hooked with a tree and it didn?t snap, it was still live. It took a minute to get it all done. The tree fell on my daughter?s car in the driveway and in the process of doing it, it hooked all the lines and the box blew. It?s an older box. We were out of power about 2 weeks, because when they fixed the line the box itself had caught on fire. We couldn?t put power back into the house until the box was repaired. There was no mechanism to control the electricity coming back into the house. That was the reason why I was trying to reach the other company and I called and I couldn?t get anything. I couldn?t get any response, it was just a volume of people. Even with Mister Sparky it was a week long waiting list to get service because the storm had caused so much problems all over town, all over the city. So, I finally got into the front of the line and they came out and they did a pretty good job. I had to have my whole system redone. The outside box, the meter, the grounding of the electrical. They had to reground everything from beginning to end of the home, everything from the connection to the power. Everything on that side of the house caught on fire and I had some kind of permanent damage. All of it had to be scrapped. Everything over there?s new now and its properly ground for my gas and my electric. New everything. The inside electrical box is fine, but everything else had to be repaired. I?m still waiting for? the county inspector has to inspect it before its officially finished. Again, there is so many people in the same position that I?m just in a waiting for them to come back. They have to put my name on the list, so this inspector is going to probably hundreds of people that has similar types of damage. It?s not completely done. The inspector has to see that everything has been done and finished and at that point I can officially have our power. I do have power, but they call it being on them. They just put the power and it?s connected and everything is working fine. It?s a good test period too to see if anything comes up. I can just call and say hey this has happened, but I have had no problems with the new equipment that they put in. It was ?a lot? of work! They had to take everything down, there was nothing useable that was up there. Everything had to be replaced outside. It was a lot of work, the technician work hours. He spent a day on it, he didn?t get anything done but my house. I would give them an ?A+?. Insurance paid a part of it, the total bill was $3,938. That was the actual bill and it included everything. I have no more feed, I?m just actually waiting to finish the whole thing. What they quoted me is what I spent and everything went well. I like the way they have very good customer service. The technician spent a lot of time talking to me about the history of the house, an older house. The person that I dealt with was very patient and I talked to the customer service line and they spent been a minute really talking to me. I was able to use a few discounts that they offered me, so still I got very good customer service. I was happy with the service they provided me. It would have been better if I had not had to wait a week for my appointment, but in order to move your appointment up instead of paying the regular fee for the service appointment. It was $59, but if I wanted to do it the same day, it was $200. Because, of the circumstances, that would have made it even better if they had been able to start earlier. The price could have been less, but considering the whole thing I can?t give them an ?A? for price, because I spent good money on that. We ran into a fair amount of trouble with financing. The price could have been less. I found other discounts afterwards, but I?m not completely unhappy with it at all. Mostly I?m happy that it got done and considering the extensiveness of it when your whole outside electrical system goes ?poof?, and you have smoke on the side of your house. You know you?re not going to get it done for a cheap price. It?s good stuff they put up there. He upgraded me in this whole thing, which that is also considered in the price. He could have used just enough to repair it, but he upgraded it all. Upgraded my amperage coming into the house. I just use it as an opportunity just to put up what I?ve been meaning to do anyway. I wish I didn?t have to do it because of my box. You should have seen the pieces just crumble in the man?s hand. It was interesting to see metal that just crumble, but it was that type of heat that caused the fire. I wasn?t home when that happened. I came home to see my daughter?s car under a tree and the electrical hanging across it. My neighbor said there was a fireball. The house didn?t catch on fire. If it had been a regular wood frame house it would have caught on fire. Most of the bottom part of my house is brick and the top is siding. On the brick, there?s still a black spot from the fireball. Had it been wood on the house, my daughter was home by herself, it would have been a fire. They were very responsive. It was a tough time getting through on the line, because when I called everybody was trying to get their situation under control. They?re very punctual. It was a very professional technician and I liked the way that customer service handles things. They did a good job.

Description of Work
The work's not completely finished yet, I’m still waiting on the last part of it. We had storm damage from the storm that happened at the end of May. It blew out my outside electrical box.

Category electrician

Thank you for the thorough review! It was a pleasure to serve you! Rusty Wise President Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc.

06/26/2017

Alden G.

Everything went great with no problems!

Description of Work
A breaker box was added.

Category electrician

Thank you for the great review. It was a pleasure to serve you. Rusty Wise President Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc.

04/25/2017

Barry H.

Bill advised me he would give me an estimate on the cost of service prior to beginning the work. He never gave me an exact figure telling me he was going to the truck for a part to "test it out". In about 45 minutes after going back to the truck and being on the phone with someone else he said, "We're done." He then sat down in my dining room on his computer for a while telling me "his company requires they do a total inspection of the entire breaker system to make sure everything is ok." I advised him that I did not want the full inspection, but he proceeded to check each circuit, anyway. The first time I heard anything about cost is when he wrote down three options. One was $5600 to replace the entire panel. The second option was $2873 to replace a few items in the panel. The last option was the $543 which I paid with a check. I did not receive any type of warranty or guarantee on the work only a slip saying he would give me a discount on my next job. I feel I over paid and would like a refund.

Description of Work
Single Pole 20 Amp 6 GFCI Breaker, Minor Trouble Shoot and Single Circuit, Dispatch Fee $29

Category electrician

Thank you for the review. The review card which was filled out before our tech left shows an outstanding score and everything was fine including costs and payment. We will reach out to you to see what the issue is and assist you further. Sincerely, Rusty Wise President Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc.

03/13/2017

Phynese L.

Did not like the high pressure sales to purchase maintenance.This took up too much of my time. Also they stuck their company sticker on my electrical box without asking.

Description of Work
Used services due to Angie's list deal.

Category electrician

Thank you for the review. We reviewed the service call which was 4 years ago in 2013. We diagnosed a circuit problem on the first service call. On the return trip days later we installed your supplied light fixture from the first call. All of this was done for $99 which was a great value. We'll be glad to remove the panel label, just let us know. Thanks! Rusty Wise President Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc.

02/03/2017

Sandra T.

It did not go well. I had them leave without doing any work. Beware of the 'safety check' and attempt have more work done.

Description of Work
They were hired to install a ceiling fan which they had advertised at a very reasonable price. Two technicians arrived but then went outside the back of my house looking at the electric meter for about 20 minutes. Then proceeded to ask me a bunch of questions completely unrelated to the ceiling fan. Posing it as a safety check. This was an attempt to "add on" extra work. When they finally did look at the ceiling fan. The price went up 4 times what they advertised. Saying things were not up to code and it was going to cost this and that. I had them leave without doing any work.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Thank you for the review. We researched the call from Nov 2016 and did see some recommendations to your electrical system as well as the initial call of the ceiling fan box stripped out. You decided (in the notes we found) that you were going to get a handy man for the repairs. I hope you got your electrical repaired to your satisfaction. Sincerely, Rusty Wise President Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc.

10/13/2016

Mark R.

They were very expensive. It wound up costing me about $3800 to change out all the outlets, but it's an older house and it had to be done. I was losing a lot of power from the sockets and everything. I certainly didn't want a house fire. So, I went ahead and changed them out, but I didn't think it was going to be that expensive. But, I'm glad I did it. I would have had to do it at some point in time. They did an okay job. Everything seems to be working. I'm getting power. The only qualm I had was the price. I just wasn't expecting it was going to cost as much as it did. I understand they had a lot of switches. I just had them do it all. I gave them half upfront and then half when the job was completed.

Description of Work
I wound up changing all the outlets.

Category electrician

Thank you for the review. It was a please to serve you. Rusty Wise President Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc.

09/12/2016

Betty H.

It went pretty well, they did a great job.

Description of Work
They ran a line from my house to the driveway so i could put in an electric gate.

Category electrician

Thank you for the review! It was a pleasure to serve you. Rusty Wise President Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc.

09/02/2016

Alice C.

I just started using Mister Sparky and they've done a good job. The last time I used them was an emergency situation. I had to pay them a very high fee for them to come over and fix the problem quickly. We have an outlet and it's a no fault outlet, you have to push a button to get it going. We pushed it and my wife apparently didn't push it hard. You had to push it really hard and we didn't realize it. The guy comes down. They were prompt. They had install this outlet and they did a good job doing all that and they were nice. They came down, did the work and pushed the button to get it going again. It was connected to our freezer that's why we said we can't wait for five days for you, we got to have it done. They charged $200. It's a very simple repair and it's one little thing. You could charge a bit less. I understand that we asked for someone quickly because we had an emergency. But I thought $200 was a bit excessive.

Category electrician

Thank you for the review. I wish we could run all our emergency calls for free but unfortunately we are not able to. We have to compensate our skilled technicians as well as other operating costs. We are always here 24/7 for you. It was a pleasure to serve you. Rusty Wise President Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc.

08/16/2016

Monique L.

He is scamming customers. He is horrible.

Description of Work
They pulled wires out of my wall, he defaced my property with his stickers and lied to me. He never asked me if he could place those stickers, and he also cut my wires in order to get more business.

Category lighting

Thank you for the review. I see that you had a burnt panel due to lightning by the pictures our tech took while onsite. The notes stated you were going to contact your insurance company. Our tech tried to get back with you but never heard back. I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations. We've been in business for over 30 years by providing quality work at fair prices. Sincerely, Rusty Wise - President - Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc.

07/24/2016

Nancy H.

good. the service person was very nice and was on time...great person ...

Description of Work
checked electrical panel and see what I need for my lights

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you for the comments and review. It was a pleasure to serve you. Rusty Wise President Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc.

02/26/2016

Mary J.

I initially called to have a 3 switch bathroom switch replaced. On completing that work they advised me that they were offering free electrical inspection with the work that they performed that day. The worker then advised me that my home was unsafe and came up with over $7,000 worth of work that needed to be done. I declined to have certain things on that list done. They did some work on the initial day and then came back to finish up the problem they said they found. The second day they were supposed to show up at 8am, as they called and confirmed with me, they did not show up until after 12 noon and they were at my home until after 7pm. After they did all the work they had put in 6 smoke detectors for $942, main grounding system for $1149, panel rejuvenation and restoration (42 circuits) for $1617 and recesses eaton ultra surge protector for $651. My son then arrived home to see the workers leaving and spoke with me and advised me that the prices sounded inflated. I gave my son permission to speak to individual who had done the work and he then contacted that individual, Paul, and asked to discuss the work that had been done. My son then called the company and asked to speak to a manager or supervisor and spoke to Rusty Wise. Rusty then contacted me and asked me to "call my son off". In between trying to contact the company the I had an electrical inspector come out and advise me that the total rejuvenation and restoration, the grounding system and the surge protector was unnecessary. Rusty told the me that they had discounted the bill and advised me if I could have the electrical inspector put into writing what was wrong then he would discount. The inspector advised my son that the Rusty stated that he was not able to put it into writing but he would speak to Rusty.

Description of Work
Came out to repair a 3 switch bathroom outlet and installed panel rejuvenation, home main grounding, and surge protector.

Category electrician

Thank you for the review and comments. Our technician recommended repairing issues that were found. We were notified 2 weeks later to proceed with the work. We proceeded with the work and the work was inspected and passed. No work was performed that was not needed. As far as your son, we do not appreciate the abusive profanity and threats to our techs, office staff, and management. I gave a 25% discount in good faith which we did not have to do. Have a great day. Sincerely, Rusty Wise President Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc.

06/16/2015

Clinton K.

We paid $199 for a same day service call. The technician was on time and gave a good notice for it being an open appointment. The outlet in question was easily accessed through a storage room adjacent to the kitchen. After about 5 minutes of looking around the technician immediately asked for $788 to do a "diagnostic" to be able to tell me what was wrong with the outlet. It would have been nice to be informed ahead of time, before spending $199 on a service call that it would actually be another $788 to actually look at the problem and give me an idea of what it might cost to fix it. That's $1,000 to look at a problem and then decide what might be done to fix it. I declined as I felt completely taken advantage of. If you have a newer house that needs a defined job such as an installation, etc they were very professional and I'm sure they do a great job and the price is reasonable as the book pricing would apply to such situations. It sounds like we just called the wrong company for what we needed.

Description of Work
Service call to look at an outlet for a gas range

Category electrician

Thank you for the review. I checked your service call and the technician had in his notes that you had unsafe electrical conditions in the home and recommended a more thorough diagnosis. Sincerely, Rusty Wise President Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc.

04/20/2015

Linda F.

He did a very wonderful job: very informative, very polite--I would highly recommend them. He's a very personable young men, very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
We had have an inspection done in our home and some kind of a complaint.

Category electrician

Thank you for the kind words and review. Rusty Wise President Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc.

04/08/2015

Minna A.

They came and did a free inspection, and quoted me around $1500 to do the work, which was astronomical. After he left, we went up and looked to discover that he didn't put back any of the switchplates or outlet covers. We called a different electrician and they fixed the issue for about $150.

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal for $249 of electrical services.

Category electrician

Thank you for the review. However, we do not show us going to the above address on the date stated. Sincerely, Rusty Wise President Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc.

01/18/2015

Mary M.

i bought this as a deal and, of course, the price was higher than the deal led me to believe. i also got an estimate on some pot lights that was in the thousands. not sure what the 'deal' was.

Description of Work
i think they were to do a tune up.

Category electrician

We show no record of performing work for you since August 2013. The charge then was $68. I believe you have us confused with another contractor. Rusty Wise President Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc.

Sal's Contracting, Inc

Current 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 Super Service award Winner! Sal's Contracting offers affordable remodeling services, from room additions to floor work. Contact our residential contractor in Concord, NC, for inquiries.

Offers by Sal's Contracting, Inc on Angi
    Limelight Outdoor Lighting

Limelight Outdoor Lighting is a landscape lighting contractor located in Charlotte, NC. We specialize in custom low voltage LED lighting systems that are well-designed and professionally installed. We offer landscape lighting design and installation services as well as outdoor lighting maintenance and repair for residential and commercial properties in and around the Charlotte Metro area. From architectural accent lighting and landscape lighting to security lights, deck lights, patio lights, path lights, string lights, and pool lights, our custom outdoor lighting systems are designed to fit your vision and budget. Our process is simple and begins with a free design consultation. Call today to schedule an appointment.

Offers by Limelight Outdoor Lighting on Angi
    DIVINE LIGHTSCAPES

We install LOW VOLTAGE landscape Lighting systems. Our products are of the highest quality, utilizing energy saving LED technology with smartphone App controlled capabilities. Try our FREE Lighting Demonstration. We will come out to your location at NIGHT, set up our lighting for you to view and create the atmosphere that best suits your needs. Call Owner/Operator Tim Snyder 704-749-4949

Offers by DIVINE LIGHTSCAPES on Angi

13908U-M94456
    NC,SC,VA
    NC,SC,VA
    10/31/2017
    MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, PayPal, Financing Available

Electrical - Outlets, Switches, Dimmers, Amp Upgrades, Attic Fans, Carbon Monoxide Detectors, Ceiling Fans, Circuits Wiring, Exhaust Fans, Back-Up Generators, Smoke Detectors, Breaker Panels, Sub Panel, Surge Protection, Wiring Pools, Phone & Cable Wiring, Outdoor Lighting, & Sports Lighting.

Handyman