Jiri - Carpentry

Founded 2004 • With Angi since November 2008

9113 Surrey Rd

Charlotte, NC 28227

General contracting and Ryland Homes subcontractor...

01/11/2016

CANDY B.

Jiri Svoboda has been my carpenter and "go to person" for projects large and small around the homes I have lived in since 2008. His work is magnificent, he is always courteous, completely trustworthy and cleans up carefully after every job. He takes pride in the end result and his prices are very reasonable. Fantastic experience every time!!!

Description of Work
In 2008, Jiri enclosed a large doorway of my home with French doors. Upon completion, they looked as if they were originally built when the home was built 10 years before. Here are just a few of the items Jiri did for me in the past 7 years: He built wall to wall, two level wooden shelving in the garage at a fraction of what it would have cost to buy one of those 'systems' from Lowes. When I listed my previous home for sale, he took care of everything on the punch list that the buyers needed. When I purchased my present home, Jiri did the following: Took out a wall that opened up the family room to the breakfast room creating a great room. matched the chair rail into the family room after removing all the paneling and replacing that with sheet rock. Replaced rotted wood on the outside of the home. Leveled the floor to prepare it for hardwoods Added a closet to a spare room to create an additional bedroom. The closet matches the home and crown molding and looks original. Removed popcorn ceilings changed locks built a ramp into my storage shed I would not have purchased my present home, if I did not know Jiri could handle all of the various "problems" this fixer upper home needed.

09/16/2014

donna F.

A neighbor recommended him. Everything about him was excellent. He was on time at all times, when he said he would be here, he was here. He was a very hard worker. He was very meticulous about his work and I can't say enough good things about him.

Description of Work
Jiri Svoboda replaced a wood floor.

Category hardwood floor

06/10/2014

SUE D.

It was great. They were good.

Description of Work
I used Jiri Carpentry a couple years ago for general remodeling. One time they helped with a bathroom remodel and then another time it was frame alteration.

04/10/2014

Izadora A.

Jiri is great. Not only does he do great work, but he is on time, professional, respectful and trustworthy. He goes out of his way to accommodate and pays attention to every detail. Jiri is not the cheapest guy I have ever hired, but he is not over priced by any means. If you judge the cost of his work by the quality of the work he does, I believe you are getting a great value!

Description of Work
I have had Jiri out to do a number of things for me. From hanging a flat screen to doing drywall work. Jiri seems to be able to do pretty much anything I ask of him. So far it has been multiple little projects, but as time goes on and I need bigger things done, Jiri will always be my first call.

03/27/2012

SUE D.

Jiri was very professional from the start. His quote was clear and easy to understand and he and Sean were fantastic to work with. They stayed on schedule and broom swept at the end of every day. An often overlooked quality is how they get along with other subs and Jiri worked very well with the other subs and communicated with them and myself on a daily basis and completed the project on time. I had allowed one day of contingency time between subs and everything went well. There were some minor surprises but Jiri handled it well. I've had them back to do some other work and it went equally as well.

Description of Work
We did an entire bathroom remodel including gutting the existing bathroom down to the studs and taking over the formal living room as the new walk in closet. I acted as the general contractor and hired Jiri and his partner Sean to do a major portion of the construction including all the demolition, added two new windows, a doorway and framed everything for drywall. After the electical, plumbing and HVAC subs finished with their portion they came back and installed all the drywall, reinstalled complex trimwork and molding and hung several doors.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

02/21/2011

SUE D.

I acted as the general contractor for a major bathroom suite remodel. I drew up all the plans and designs and Jiri Carpentry made a professional proposal for all the demolition, framing, doors, new windows, drywall and trim work. Acting as a general contractor can be a challenge if there is trouble with the sub-contractors but this job was a pleasant experience as Jiri and his partner were great to work with. They bring a trailer to the job site and clean up every day. Thanks to them and how they worked with the other subs the project was done exactly on schedule in 5 weeks. I had other proposals of over 3 months and double the cost.

Description of Work
Complete gut and remodel of master suite

Category contractors, remodeling, home remodeling

Macaw Construction Services

At MACAW Construction Services LLC. we are dedicated to provides homeowner with the quality work and craftsmanship that you deserve, our professionals have been the most reliable choice in order to meet or exceed the quality standards. Our family business is committed to doing the right thing for the right reason, and approaching each day with the highest level of integrity for our customers, community and environment. Thank you for considering us for your home improvement in which we may be of assistance.

Offers by Macaw Construction Services  on Angi
    MyNewFloor.com

A premier flooring company in the Carolinas, MyNewFloor.com was founded by a talented, design savvy professional with 15 years of experience in designing and installing a variety of flooring products. Our company is built on the principles of honesty, quality, craftsmanship, and a sincere effort to provide 100% customer satisfaction! You can be sure that only our professional, knowledgeable and experienced installers will complete all the work for you. We do not sub-contract any of our projects.

Offers by MyNewFloor.com on Angi
    Best Floors

Since 2000, Best Floors has provided quality services to clients by providing them with the professional care they deserve. Since our founding, we’ve worked with numerous clients throughout the area. Great service begins and ends with experienced and friendly professionals, which is why we put so much consideration into selecting only the best to join our team. We complete projects efficiently and on schedule, and go above and beyond to form lasting relationships with our clients. We are proudly serving Charlotte, North Carolina and the surrounding communities; we have over 30 years of experience in the flooring business. Specializing in all types of floors, we look forward to working with you on your flooring project.

Offers by Best Floors on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Carpentry & all type remodels.