James Brown Air Conditioning & Heating

Founded 2007 • With Angi since February 2008

James Brown Air Conditioning & Heating, formerly, J.E. Brown's Mechanical group was founded in 2007 by the owner and license holder, James Brown, though James has serviced the Charlotte area for almost 17 years with other companies in the area. The initial service fee is $69 and after that the cost is determined by the job. Free second opinions and free estimates on replacement are available. Financing is available. Additional email - jamesbrownhvac@yahoo.com. Additional contact name - James Brown....

All City Heat and Air

We repair, maintain and replace residential and light commercial heating and air conditioning systems. We are a "Factory Authorized" dealer of quality Bryant heating and cooling products. We strive to maintain customers for life. Satisfaction guaranteed. Award winning.

Offers by All City Heat and Air on Angi
EcoGreen Home Services

Our vision is to create a better tomorrow by offering Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC equipment and indoor air quality products that offers the highest level of efficiency and keeps your home and family safe, clean and comfortable. We hope that you will join us.

McClintock Heating & Cooling

McClintock Heating and Cooling provides quality HVAC products and service to the Matthews and Charlotte, North Carolina areas. We are an Angie's List Super Service Award winner and strive to set new standards in workmanship and customer satisfaction. Our family owned and operated HVAC company will meet all of your heating and air conditioning needs. From heat pumps to central air systems to furnaces, our skilled professionals will assist you with home comfort issues, reduce your energy costs and improve your indoor air quality. With more than 100 years of combined experience, McClintock Heating and Cooling is your quality heating and cooling partner. Award winning.

12/11/2020

judy S.

I cannot say enough good words about this company. Every time I have them come out, they act very professional, do a great job, and take care of everything they touch.

Description of Work
Heating and air conditioning

12/06/2020

Dona F.

Very interested and caring. Went out of his way to help with another problem.

Description of Work
Yearly heat inspection

08/05/2020

Carol A.

Great. Got here quickly and made sure there wasn't a problem causing more water than usual from the condensation pipe.

Description of Work
Check condensation pipe.

03/06/2020

Martha Anne K.

They were very prompt and friendly. Answered all of my questions and did an extremely thorough job in looking at the proposed project, exploring all of the options for completing the job and providing a thorough estimate. Definitely will use for the job I had quoted and will sign up for their seasonal HVAC system servicing as well. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Estimate for Running Gas Line for New Cooktop

11/20/2016

Roger T.

James did an excellent job of explaining his recommendations and presenting options. Installation went well, starting on time and completed in time expected.

Description of Work
Full replacement of furnance

12/01/2015

Nancy .

I have called a different company to do annual service at both properties

Description of Work
Despite installing new systems at two properties, they were negligent in doing the routine service of the systems. It took them until Aug to service the A/c at one property and have made no effort to do the fall service.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

James Brown Air Conditioning & Heating deeply regrets your frustration with our company. While some of our Priority Service Group clients prefer to have their a/c and heating systems serviced before they turn them on for the season, some prefer to have them serviced after the equipment has had a chance to operate for a while. We strive to anticipate the needs of our clients, we have clearly failed you-a valuable client of ours-in this respect. My records indicate that the a/c service of both your home and your rental property, occurred on July 2, 2015 and that the heating service at your home occurred on September 16, 2015. We did make several attempts to contact your tenant and mailed out a letter as well. I apologize if this information was never received by the tenant or if we have the incorrect information for him/them. Since our phone call ended abruptly, and you have already contacted another company to service your equipment, I did not have the opportunity to express our sincerest regrets surrounding these circumstances, or to determine if there was a way to correct our errors. Our company apologizes for any inconvenience this has caused you or your tenant and we wish you nothing but the best. Thank you.

09/24/2015

Kim A.

John, the technician, examined the heat exchanger (as well as the rest of the unit) and found that the heat exchanger is what I had replaced two years ago. It was still in like-new condition and had no cracks/rust. The other company had tried to convince me that I needed to buy a $8-10k unit via fear/deception (i.e. could explode, carbon monoxide). John put all my fears to rest and assured me that the unit is in working order and could last another 10 years. He took his time to explain everything and showed me everything (which the other company failed to do completely). I greatly appreciate the honesty and John/James Brown saved me thousands! John even sanded down some terminals and didn't charge me! Very much appreciated! Highly recommend them!

Description of Work
I had another HVAC company tell me that I needed a new gas pack due to a cracked/rusted heat exchanger. I contacted James Brown for a second opinion.

08/06/2015

Ken B.

James and his crew did an excellent job. They were punctual, responsive, professional and did exactly what they said they would do. We have been using James for several years, but this was by far our most significant AC work that we had done. His pricing is very fair, especially when compared with the quality of work that he does. He even worked with us to find some units and pricing options that fit within our budget. Even after the job is done, he takes the time to walk you through the work that he did and answer any questions. I would not hesitate to use him again given the honesty and integrity that he exhibits time and time again.

Description of Work
Installed two Trane HVAC systems with air handlers, re-routed duct work and intake vents.

07/31/2015

Chad S.

James was punctual, thorough, and very good at explaining the work that he did. I have used lots of folks in this space and I believe that nobody compares to his work and professionalism. He came highly recommended and did not disappoint.

Description of Work
James responded within 15 mins on a Friday night to fix our broken AC during a heat wave (that had been out for 48 hours). Another company had spent an entire day and couldn't fix it then never showed up to follow up on the work that day. James fixed it within an hour and diagnosed some other issues. I won't use anyone else from now on.

04/28/2015

Mary T.

Checked and cleaned everything for the spring. They'll do with the heating in the fall. They are very good and very professional.

Description of Work
Spring checkup and changed the furnace filter.

James Brown Air Conditioning & Heating

Founded 2007 • With Angi since February 2008

8920 Lawyers Rd. #690356

Charlotte, NC 28227

Residential and light air conditioning & heating maintenance, service and replacement & indoor air quality products.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing Available