J Mozeley Interior Decorating and Re-Design

Founded 2002 • With Angi since June 2012

8511 Davis Lake Pkwy

Charlotte, NC 28269

***5 TIME WINNER OF THE SUPER SERVICE AWARD!!! A+ rating on the BBB! J. Mozeley Interior Decorating and Redesign is a concierge-level company. Our mission is to help you create your dream home and bring your vision to life with our expertise. We pride ourselves on our refreshingly professional and personal approach to interior design, and we treat your home with the same respect we would our own. We were recently featured in the May edition of the Charlotte Observer in an article highlighting outdoor spaces and our ability to bring an inviting, elegent touch to your outdoor living area as well as your indoor spaces....

02/07/2018

Kaitlin B.

We found Julian and were ultimately very pleased with the outcome. Julian, and the entire team at J.Mozeley interiors, was very professional throughout the entire experience. She kept in constant communication, was thorough in every detail, and considerate of our ideas and (mostly my) wants and wish list. She was timely in meeting projected deadlines, as were the other contractors she recommended we work with. Jules was always reassuring and she took our ideas and conceptualized them perfectly. She is a very tasteful designer and made us feel very comfortable, even as she brought in other workers to complete projects. Her work family is very professional and we thought they did an awesome job. I LOVED the 3D model of the space she uses to show her design ideas and suggestions, I felt like I was in an HGTV show! And, we would have stayed on budget, had I not splurged on some extra decor. It wasn’t too much over though, so my husband was happy (ha)!

Description of Work
My husband and I wanted a designer to help redisgn our living and dining room

Category interior designers, lighting, wallpaper, window treatments

07/17/2017

Gordon N.

Despite some project challenges including myself being remote and my inexperience with interior design, Jules (as I was asked to call her) held my hand through the entire process and made it completely painless! Every question I had was promptly answered and I was made to feel that my input was valued and reflected. I had some constraints, both budgetary and logistically, that Jules was able to handle effortlessly (or at least made it appear that way). As for the work itself, well I love my new apartment! Everyone who visits or sees photos gives me the nicest complements and insists on having Jules' contact information. I wanted mid-century modern and Jules found fantastic pieces at great prices. In addition, she and her wonderful staff, put in the extra effort to make the place feel like a home. I mentioned that I was adopting a cat - well the unveil included little gifts for my future feline! I can't recommend J Mozeley Interior Decorating & Redesign highly enough.

Description of Work
I recently moved to Charlotte, NC and rented a brand new carriage house which I wanted to have someone completely furnish. After reaching out to several local interior design firms, I settled on J Mozeley Interior Decorating & Redesign.

Category interior designers, lighting, window treatments, ceiling fans, home staging

11/11/2016

Kenneth P.

I was presented with a 3D version of what I was in search of for my wife and I's home project. Mrs Mozeley was very professional from the start and took care of all the details even finished early , very impressed! No Surprises, no nonsense. Great , really great results.

Description of Work
Home Office and Guestroom with on suite redecorated

11/11/2016

Roger E.

Julian and her team were punctual and professional. They completed the project in a timely manner. We are very happy with the outcome, It was better than we could have imagined.

Description of Work
Change the look of our great room and bonus room.

06/30/2015

Adam J.

They weren't quite as helpful as we were hoping they would be.

Description of Work
It was an interior design package where they come over and take a look at our house and make suggestions or draw up a plan or what not.

Category interior designers, remodeling

08/23/2014

beth S.

Well, I had the sudden bright idea of trying to completely renovate my daughter's room for her birthday with less than two weeks before she came home from being out of town. I found Jules on Angie's List, and everyone was so happy with her work, I gave her a call. From the very beginning to the end, she worked tirelessly with her team (Rick Hutchison and his associate Kevin) to bring the vision I had to life with no time to spare. I really can't believe they were able to do this. The dedication and QUALITY of the work that was done was incredible. Jules went to every corner of town and beyond to find and acquire each individual piece for the room. In addition, the room was a blend of many different ideas and styles, so Jules had to think outside the box and go in many different directions with only enthusiasm and a smile on her face. She was incredibly thorough in keeping track of receipts and invoices (much moreso than I!) , and was very careful to try and find each item within the budget we had. For example, we were willing to pay more for a special allergy free bed than a decorative desk, and Jules was able to balance the costs so we had exactly what we wanted. When work became a bit more involved due to a structural issue with our windows, Rick and Jules worked into the weekend to insure the project was completed in time for the surprise. My daughter was completely speechless when she saw her room, and tells me almost every day how much she loves it. Her friends love the whole feel and atmosphere (Which is kind of woodsy and starry with brown branch twinkle lights woven through the room but grown up enough with the stylized furniture. Jules helped me bring my thoughts of a starry sky into the room with a warm purple ceiling painted with an overlay of subtle glitter. It's gorgeous.) I literally have only amazement for the job that was done.

Description of Work
A complete renovation of my daughter's room in less than two weeks as a surprise.

Category interior designers, remodeling

[member name removed], Oh yes you ARE THAT NICE :+) As I had mentioned this project was near and dear to my heart for it reminded me of a VERY similar scenario from MY childhood from my thoughtful mom, ironically, for my 16th Birthday. Your [member information removed] reaction and incredibly thoughtful thank you message, along with your hugs were one of the BEST thank you's I have ever received. Your reactions are so appreciated and are what fuels my passion for design, so a SINCERE THANK YOU is definitely sent right back to you from all of us. You and your Husband were a joy to work with and Rick and his team felt exactly the same way!!! Also wanted to thank you for you amazing sense of humor, I still think you should write a book LOL..... Take Care Jules

08/06/2014

ken R.

When we hired J Mozeley Interiors we were looking for a designer who would take our ideas and make them fit into our house, but we received much more than that. Julian displayed a refreshingly down to earth attitude and was incredibly easy to talk to and with. She really listened to what we were looking to achieve, asked questions, gave suggestions, and an insiders perspective that was exactly what we needed. She seemed to also have a wonderful professional yet personalized relationship with each and everyone of her contractors and it showed in their willingness to go above and beyond and treated us with the same personalized attention that Julian did. What a nice added benefit. Julian helped us take our downstairs from separate rooms, some of which we didn't even use into useable personalized spaces that flowed from one room to another, and still insists that we had more to do with it than we realize and that we were better than we know while also giving credit to where credit was due "It's a group effort" Julian and her team made our projects enjoyable and our downstairs simply beautiful. We highly recommend Julian and her team at J Mozeley Interiors we believe and trusted in her vision for our home and it paid off.

Description of Work
Downstairs of home which included kitchen, eating area, office, den, living room and theater room

Category interior designers

(member name removed) your project to this day has one that is near and dear to our hearts for many reasons! Your trust in our vision, process, and reveal was not only enjoyable for all of us here at J Mozeley Interiors but your kindness honesty and wonderful attitude helped in making the results we ALL were involved in perfectly personalized to exactly what you were looking for. Your family is absolutely wonderful and we could not of done all of this with out your help. You were such a joy to work with, take good care of yourselves and your sweet family.

07/31/2014

Richard H.

Julian listened to the points that were important to us, and with several nice pieces we wanted to be the focal points, she came through with a vision we could not achieve, hard as we tried! Julian kept us informed of the many places she had to go to select those perfect accessories to showcase our furniture, special mementos, and family heirlooms. She did a fantastic job finding the missing pieces that brought her vision together and transformed our room of furniture into a warm and inviting GREAT room! This couldn't have been accomplished without her attention to detail and personal touch. We appreciated the time and effort Julian put into our project, and would highly recommend J Mozeley Interiors. Since then, I have helped Julian at J Mozeley Interiors on several projects and have found that she treats all her cliental with the special and personalized detailed attention they require and goes above and beyond to achieve their vision. Its evident Julian has integrity in all she does and says, and takes pride in her work and reputation.

Description of Work
J Mozeley and her team staged & helped pull our great room together.

Category interior designers, home staging

Isn't it funny how things work out?!!!!! Not only did we get to be involved in a lovely project such as yours but also met someone who has an undeniable drive and integrity to honestly be the best he can be. Here at J Mozeley Interiors not only were we able to help you and your family but you have since come to help us along the way as well, you fit in perfectly with our highest level of work ethics and your talent is unbelievable, along with your attention to detail. So thank you most sincerely.

07/23/2014

Maria H.

It actually exceeded my expectations; she was thorough in her offerings to me; she allowed me to share my ideas, yet gave me several options that actually worked out better. Having said that I was very shocked to see a recent review given to her company. I actually welcomed the personal touch that Ms. Mozeley and her team extended to me and appreciated her attentiveness; I was made to feel that I was the one and only customer they had. As for any financial dealings, Ms. Mozeley was very clear in her explanation of what was to be expected; in addition I felt it was clearly stated in her contract. In short, I had a wonderful experience and I guess you just can't please everyone.

Description of Work
Ms. Mozeley assisted me in the redesign of my formal dining room. Her expertise and knowledge of design were very impressive, to say the least. Her knowledge of furniture placement and use of color made a dramatic change in my space. With her assistance I was able to achieve the feel and look i was looking for in my room. Her professionalism and willingness to listen to my needs and requirements made it very easy to work with her. I would gladly refer her to any of my friends and/or colleagues.

Category interior designers

Your lovely family and appreciation combined with your great taste and our experience is why the passion I have for the (Work) done here at J. Mozeley Interiors is so very worth it. Please remember to give yourself credit while the compliments continue to come in for your were the Largest part of this project, and we could not of created your beautiful dining room with out your amazing vision. We thoroughly enjoyed working with you and appreciate the loyalty!! : # } You are very very kind, enjoy your new special dining room. Most Sincerely Julian Mozeley

07/21/2014

Nancy M.

Upon receipt and payment of the first 2 vendor invoices, we decided that vendor was unable to deliver desired services. Vendor research resulted in printed copies of Houzz-type pictures which were all over the board given our initial meeting which discussed the scope of the project. Initial vendor proposal estimated a range of fees from $8,000 - $12,000. After making 2 payments of $2,000 each with no concrete progress having been made, we decided to cut our losses and terminated vendor relationship. We felt vendor wanted to establish a friendship instead of a professional relationship. Each time vendor received payment via check, her apparent concern, which was immediately expressed, was "when could the check be deposited?" This billing and collection practice was determined to be unacceptable and unprofessional. Upon receiving notice of termination, vendor informed us in a conference call that she had already incurred charges and/or billed time that just happened to be equal to the amount we had already paid. Her response only confirmed to us that we had made the correct decision.

Description of Work
Engaged to provide interior design services for residential home.

Category interior designers

I would like to start with a sincere thank you for your opinion and constructive critique. I truly respect all of my clients point of views and understand they may not all be the same as ours here at J. Mozeley Interiors. J. Mozeley Interiors has always had and will always have the highest of standards and respect both for our team and our client base so I sincerely apologize for any unpleasant situations that led you to you decision. In saying that I would like to mention that had the work actually been able to get started I am more than convinced, from past experience, the beginning process would of made much more since, and you would of been incredibly happy with the results. Upon request, which is not a practice I usually provide, I contacted two different Highly satisfied clients for the both of you to speak to directly as References' beyond what was already on Angie's List and I believe the words you used to describe their opinion of the results of our project in their lovely homes was " They were Thrilled" and that we were very personal yet professional." So, I wish you the best of luck moving forward with your project and hope that you find a designer whose process matches more to your liking. ******NOTE****** Please refer to ALL other reviews for an accurate and consistent example of our ethical and respectful work practices.

02/05/2014

BRIANNA B.

Julian decorated my home for the holidays, including two large trees, a beautiful lighting feature and much more. She was extremely enthusiastic and professional, and a real pleasure to work with. She did a fantastic job and I was very pleased with the enitre process. I would highly recommend J. Mozeley for holiday or any decorating services!

Description of Work
Holiday decorating

Category interior designers

[member name removed], When I read your review you made me smile. Thank you, :`} I had the best time on your project, and am still so surprised when it turns out better than the original vision that I had in my head. I did have a lot to work with as your home is simply Stunning. Thank you for the opportunity. You sweetheart are also a pleasure. Most Sincerely Julian Mozeley

12/12/2013

James S.

I highly recommend Julian to anyone seeking a professional, competent and caring interior designer. Julian is a talented professional who coordinated every aspect of the redesign and was a joy with which to work. Julian was there each step of the way to supervise all of the subcontractors involved in the job. She was conscientious about making sure the redesign met my desires and that I was pleased after the selections had been made and installed. Julian has great sources I never could have found on my own. In addition, she never deviated from our discussed budget or made me feel pressured in any way. My husband and I love all the changes Julian has made to our home and plan to use her again in the future.

Description of Work
Redecorated outdoor porch, upgraded living room

Category interior designers

Hope, you and your husband are such lovely people I really enjoyed working with you. Not only am I very pleased with the results and thrilled that you feel the same but, I completely enjoyed getting to know you over coffee and through out the process, lets keep in touch! :*} Most Sincerely, Julian Mozeley

10/21/2013

Rachel S.

Everything went perfect and my facial room looks amazing. Juliane did a fabulous job listening to exactly what I wanted, making suggestions and picking out the perfect decorations and furniture for the room. She picked out a beautiful rug for underneath my facial chair that also matched blue/gray wall color. She picked out nice thick curtains to go around the shower for decoration and to also help with the echoing in the room and keep out sound from other rooms. I am very happy with how the room turned out. Juliane made the room very warm and inviting. I will definitely recommend her to my clients and use her again in the future!

Description of Work
She came in to observe room, took measurements and asked what kind of theme I wanted for the room and what kind of decorations I was looking to have.

Category interior designers, lighting, remodeling, interior painters

You were so helpful in all your specifics that you wanted so helping you was not only enjoyable but a pleasure. I hope your clients enjoy your new room as much as you do! Please take care of yourself! Very Sincerely Julian Mozeley

10/15/2013

Anna N.

It went great! She clearly has an eye for being able to envision something coming together in a way that I may not have been able to on my own. With the use of some of my existing pieces along with some accent pieces here & there that she found for me, my home looks like something from the "Southern Home Show"! Jules is always energetic & fun to work with ~ she inspires me to be more creative and I am already starting to think about how we are going to transition from the Fall decor to Christmas!

Description of Work
She helped me (once again) with my seasonal decorating...this time "Fall".

Category interior designers, holiday decorators

I was so happy to hear back from you and once again enjoyed our time working together to make your home beautiful for the holidays! Take care and hope you enjoy your holidays and all that come with them..!!! Bless your heart and thank you so much for your time in sending your review. Your family is very special! Julian Mozeley

10/07/2013

Barbara N.

It went excellent. She was extremely professional, timely, and knowledgeable about her industry.

Description of Work
They helped me do some redecorating.

Category interior designers

Thank you, as usual for your review I really love the relationship we have built and my staff feels the exact same way. Don't hesitate to call for anything, if we cant take care of your needs I have no doubt I can direct you to someone with great qualifications and who will appreciate all the respect and thoughtfulness that comes along with every project you present. I will always make sure that you are in the best hands. Sincerely Julian Mozeley

10/07/2013

Barbara N.

Same as above. She goes beyond my expectations.

Description of Work
Explained and directed the plan for my Thanksgiving Holiday plans. Organized and set a stage for my big family event. Which made it effortless for me. Once again, she was a jewel! I plan on using her services for Christmas and other family events. She is very timely in her response and is always "on top of everything". I have used her services before and she has been a life-saver for me during my hectic schedule. I always know everything will be taken care of and no stress on me.

Category interior designers, holiday decorators

I always enjoy hearing from you and was very please that My team and I were able to help you on such short notice. Thank you so much for you kind review and please take great care of you and your lovely family. We all really enjoyed working with you, as usual. Happy Holidays from J mozeley interiors entire team Julian Mozeley

Rachel S.

Juliane was great! From the start she had great ideas for our patio/deck that my fiancé and I wanted transformed into an extra room that could also be used as a patio when we wanted it. Juliane picked some beautiful drapes to wrap around the patio for privacy and to block off the outside, and a beautiful area rug and dining set that looked great as inside or outside furniture. She explained that the drapes would also help with the echoing on our patio since we live in a condo. I could not be happier with the way everything turned out and will definitely be using her again in the future!

Description of Work
Picked out drapes, area rugs and furniture to go with what we wanted the theme of our extra room/deck.

Category interior designers

I had a lot of fun transferring your space into more than you thought it could be. It was sincerely my pleasure. Enjoy, and take care of yourselves. Also, thank you so much for taking the time in writing your review on my services. You are a great couple Sincerely Julian Mozeley

Toby W.

I recently used J Mozeley Interiors to bring some new life to my kitchen and living room in second home and was blown away with the work! Julian went above and beyond all my expecations when helping me re-design the two areas. Both the living room and kitchen seemed out dated to me and Julian was able to incorporate my interest in the outdoors and lake life to give me areas that I now love spedning time in! Everyone of my friends that visit love the feel of my home and are taken back by all the neat, creative decorating ideas she used. She also worked great with our budget and provided me with a great subcontractor for my cabinets. Julian was a pleasure to work with in all areas of the job from start to finish and handled the tasks with the upmost professionalism. I would recommend J Mozeley Interiors to anyone and will use her again in the near future as I re-do my basement into a recreational room!

Description of Work
Completely re-decorated our eat-in kitchen area and living room

Category interior designers

Thank you so much for the kind review, people like you are a joy to work with and for. Enjoy your new space you definitely deserve it! Most Sincerely Julian Mozeley

Maria G.

We wanted to remodel our master bath and contacted J Mozeley Interiors. Julian was instrumental in helping us getting sub contractors and materials. Julian was very professional in handling all subs and material delivery. She was great, brought our job in on time and under budget. We could not have been happier with the new bathroom design and I would definitely recommend J Mozeley to our friends and use her for any future work.

Description of Work
She remodeled our master bathroom.

Category interior designers

I am so pleased to have helped bring your new bathroom up to date, I'm sure you will enjoy it for years to come! Now your master suite is a beautiful space that completely reflects your taste but more so is the perfect place for you to end your very busy day and relax, I thoroughly enjoyed working with you on your project. Sincerely Julian Mozeley

08/30/2013

Samia M.

She LISTENED! Julian carefully listened to us to grasp the big picture and essence of our goal for the project. Only after understanding this did she begin to offer ideas and details as to how she was going to creatively build on our concept to bring about totally new and fresh spaces. From the first meeting she was very professional and prompt, but mostly, she made sure that the whole process was going to be as simple as possible for us. When it came to our involvement, she was all about letting us be as "hands-on" or "off" as we liked. Our wish list was a challenge; we wanted to bring the outside "in" with fabrics and colors that were organic in nature, we wanted to have the indoors complement the beautiful scenery outdoors, we wanted to incorporate some of our cherished retro-modern pieces as well as old antiques, we wanted to finally have custom window treatments, we wanted to bring a new, warm, romantic vibe into the home and we wanted to do it all as economically as possible. A very tall order that she confidently and expertly undertook. Julian quickly learned our tastes as well as our likes and dislikes. (We learned that she likes her Espresso with lots of sugar!) She directed us to wonderful vendors, she has amazingly talented sources for custom work, she negotiated prices expertly for us, she followed through with every detail, kept us informed on the progress of every aspect of the job and honestly gave us the news if any issues arose. She scheduled deliveries and consistently went above and beyond to be sure that we knew she appreciated our business and that we were well taken care of at all times. We couldn't have been more delighted with the results on reveal day! The little extras that she threw in for us were very special and thoughtful. Our house is now a beautiful, warm, inviting home that reflects our lives. With Julian's help it's become a really comfortable place for family and friends to gather as well as being our own romantic, private piece of paradise this side of Heaven. Working with Julian has been a great pleasure for all of us. She's kind, caring and loves what she does for a living! You will be glad to have chosen her as your designer, the results will be stunning!

Description of Work
Re-designed entire first floor. Re-designed, Kitchen to include a kitchen nook and formal eat-in kitchen area, Re-designed the Great Room, Master Bedroom & Bath, Transformed barely used Dining Room into a Library/Music Room.

Category interior designers, lighting, window treatments

Loving what I do is a big part of why I "believe in" so deeply to take the best care of the lovely people I get to know as I come into your homes. Respect, is at the top of the list, and as you pointed out Listening... with every new opportunity I take on, I look forward to learning more and growing in my talent so that you get more than you were hoping for with your project and make it a pleasant memory all the way around. Thank you, SINCERELY, for the opportunity, of helping bring your dreams to a reality,!!! your home is beautiful and so is your family!

06/24/2013

Rachel S.

Better than I could have ever imagined, and I'm so happy we could find someone who worked with our budget! We highly recommend her and would definitely use her services again!

Description of Work
I had Julian help my fiancee and I with our condo. it was definitely in need of some color and had a combination of hand me downs that were sentimental and got new furniture that Julian got for us. She brought it all together with valances, accent pillows, different pieces of art and area rugs. I couldn't be more happy with how beautifully everything was brought together. Julian was really easy to work with easy to talk to and always easy to get in touch with. She listened to exactly what we wanted and gave us more then we thought it could be now our living area is perfect for us and are excited to have friends and family over now!

Category interior designers

Thank you so much, I am so glad that I was able to help you so completely and really appreciate your review. I also very much enjoyed meeting the both of you, and look forward to working with you again in the future.

01/23/2013

James M.

It went very well. From beginning to end, Julian was friendly, helpful and exceptionally good at staging ideas we hadn't thought of previously. Her color choices for the room were excellent as they brought the tones of the hardwoods together with the furniture we already have. Now the room looks warm and inviting from entry to exit! She also had wonderful ideas for our jacuzzi area. Her ideas added romance to the space and utilized materials I already had. My husband loved this because it saved us money! I She is well informed with the business of design and also more than able to take my ideas and make them marvelous! I would never have thought of these ideas without her. I highly recommend Julian and her team!

Description of Work
Helped to make Master Suite warm and inviting

Category florists, interior designers, lighting, window treatments, home staging

01/07/2013

MICHAEL & LINDA R.

When we met Julian, we were impressed with her professional manner. She was extremely knowledgable and easy to work with. After coming up with a design for our room, she put us in touch with a cabinet maker who built the exact cabinets we want. She also help us find and choose furniture for the room. We were put in touch with someone who could make draperies for the windows and another person who could make pillows for the chairs and sofas. Once everything was in place Julian helped me with the final placement of our art objects on the shelves and tables. The result is delightful. One thing that was very special to us was her willingnes to incorporate my father's wooden tool chest into the room. It now serves as a side table and looks amazing. We particularly appreciate this. We will use Mrs. Mozeley again. She is an excellent designer and decorator.

Description of Work
We asked Mrs.Mozeley to help us redesign the space in our den. We needed to be able to comfortably seat more people than we had spaces. Not only did she come up with a creative and comfortable design, but she also helped us implement it. We had cabinets built into the room and purchased new furniture. It's hard to believe it's the same room.

01/06/2013

Barbara N.

Julian did extremely well and went beyond our expectations. J Mozeley's team is very devoted to completely satisfying the customer. Their follow-up was extraordinary. A genuine prize!

Description of Work
I previously used J Moseley Interiors in 2012 when we moved into our current home. Julian helped me downsize with my existing furniture and added new furnishings to make our home complete. After several months, we contacted Julian and her team again and they assisted us in making recommendations to "spruce up" our home with new lighting fixtures, window treatments and accessories. I am so pleased with the results and her professional services and knowledge, as she is extremely dedicated and talented in her design expertise. I intend to use her again in the future. My husband and I were so impressed with her competitive prices and her attention to all the details.

Category interior designers, lighting, window treatments, ceiling fans

I really enjoyed helping you with your home, you are a joy to be around and I could not be happier with you and your husbands suggestions in making your final results perfect for you. Please enjoy yourselves in your home. sincerely Julian

11/28/2012

jeremiah N.

It was a simple process, she was in and out in three days, the times that she came we were not even home, but we had complete confidence and trust in Julian and her team. Everything looks absolutely beautiful. We would not have had time to decorate before our holiday party, cannot wait to show it off to our friends.

Description of Work
After seeing the beautiful job J Mozeley Interiors did on our daughters bedroom, my husband decided to hire her for our holiday decorating throughout the house. They added a few key pieces to our decorations, we in and out of our house in 3 days, and we love what they did. What a nice surprise for my husband to do this for us, and what a great job as usual from Julian and her team.

Category interior designers, holiday decorators

You are such a lovely family I really enjoy working with you, to make improvements on your home. Thank you fror your kinds words, take care, Julian