Horne Heating and Air Conditioning

Founded 1983 • With Angi since June 1998

Our goal as a family owned and operated company is to provide a conscientious and motivated staff who will consistently deliver quality, value and comfort with 100% satisfaction. Your Comfort Is Our Business. We are a Trane Comfort Specialist and for your convenience, we are open from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday and 8:00 am to 1:00 pm on Saturdays. Our fleet is equipped with GPS navigation and tracking to assure that we'll find all locations quickly and efficiently and our installation vehicles are completely self-sufficient to protect the home or business owner's privacy. We pride ourselves in covering all of the details and our technicians utilize mobile technology to quickly and efficiently process work orders and client information. HVAC, Electrical, Home Automation, Safety Devices (Including: Drain Safety Devices, Carbon Monoxide Detectors and Surge Protectors for HVAC Equipment), Water Heaters (Tankless and Traditional), Exhaust Fans, Insulation, Pool Heaters, Wine Units, Boilers, Generators, Ductwork and Zoning....

+3 more images

HVAC Companies (1329)water heaters (39)dryer vent cleaning (5)gas leak repair (1)air duct cleaning (42)electrician (37)plumbers (21)gas fireplace repair (1)pool cleaning (1)insulation (1)

07/25/2022

Sam E.

Horne was able to schedule our work on the day we called. Our technician, Joe, quickly diagnosed the problem and made the repair within a few minutes. Great service!

Description of Work
AC wasn't colling.

Work Completed On 07/25/2022

07/20/2022

Maritza M.

they came next day and fixed the problem the same day

Description of Work
repair air conditioner

Work Completed On 07/20/2022

03/27/2022

William M.

The installation went well. Austin and Rene were my technicians and did a good job installing the new equipment, including an electrical line to the new humidifier and replacing the water lines above the new water heater. It turned out the humidifier wouldn't fit in the original planned location, but they were able to install it on the garage wall directly behind the utility room. Horne also sent out a different technician (Bryan) to perform a follow-up QA inspection about a week after the installation to check everything, apply finishing touches, and make sure the equipment was operating properly. I have used them before and would use them again.

Description of Work
Install a Whole Home Humidifier and Replace Water Heater

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 03/08/2022

06/17/2021

Louis B.

Allen F. was on time and inspected both units and cleaned the coils. A drain line was clogged which he cleared. There were no other issues.

Description of Work
Annual checkup of the A/C units.

Work Completed On 04/26/2021

05/10/2021

CHARLES R.

Everyone I had contact with from the person on the telephone on my initial call to the Quality Control Technician was totally committed to my satisfaction. Itsik did an excellent job understanding the situation and my specific constraints. He offered a solution that met both the needs and constraints. The installation team was professional, efficient, and technically proficient. I'm extremely pleased with the outcome and have already recommended them to my son.

Description of Work
Replacement of Air Conditioning

Work Completed On 05/10/2021

02/26/2021

Arianne G.

They are fantastic! Had problems in Dec. and another company sent repairman on 4 separate days. Horne HVAC sent a repairman and he discovered problem in less than 15 min. Corrected problem and furnace is operating like it should. I will definitely be using this company in the future.

Description of Work
no heat from furnace

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 02/03/2021

02/13/2021

DIANE G.

Everything was great! The technician, Bryan, gave us a courtesy call to let us know his arrival time, and when he got here, we were pleased to see that he was wearing a mask and observing CDC recommendations. Bryan proceeded to do a thorough check of our heat pump split system (air handler in the attic, and main unit outside). After he finished, he gave us a complete verbal description of everything he'd checked, and answered several questions in a very courteous and professional manner. He also followed up by sending a complete and detailed report to our email address. We were very pleased with the service rendered! This was our first experience with Horne HVAC, because our old service provider (Quality Comfort) had merged with Horne several months previously. We certainly will use Horne HVAC again in the future.

Description of Work
Semi-annual system tune-up for our heat pump

Work Completed On 02/08/2021

12/20/2020

William M.

Brian Helms did an excellent job making sure that my furnace was in good shape to perform well throughout the winter. He performed a very thorough check.

Description of Work
Annual heating system check-up for heating season

Work Completed On 11/25/2020

12/17/2020

gary F.

Horne HVAC and their representative Allen were highly professional and thorough. They took the time to explain the issues and documented well with pictures. We are very happy with their service and will retain them for the future.

Description of Work
General maintenance and repair

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 12/17/2020

11/18/2020

JIM H.

TONY HERRIN is our all time favorite heating and air conditioning professional. We've been blessed to have known him for 23 years. He is always thorough and explains all the work he does, while giving us an update on the system check list important for its continued peak performance. When any repairs have to be made, his work is of the highest quality. My wife and I ask for him every time we call for maintenance or service, and we're willing to wait for an opening in his schedule. Horne Heating and A/C recently merged with Quality Comfort Heating and A/C and they are continuing the fine service we came to expect with Quality Comfort. Top notch organization!

Description of Work
Semi-Annual Maintenance Agreement for winter tune up of gas furnace

Work Completed On 11/17/2020

11/13/2020

Peter B.

All the people at Horne HVAC from the phone staff, sales staff, installation team and quality are WONDERFUL. The job from start to finish was handled with professionalism. I would highly recommend HORNE to anyone.

Description of Work
Full HVAC Replacement of my homes 26 year old original system

Work Completed On 11/04/2020

Review for Horne Heating and Air Conditioning - 6805 Craig Street, Charlotte, NC - 39021413

11/12/2020

Shirley K.

They are excellent and call you right back and are very conscientious. They wear shoe covers and explain everything to you. I would highly recommend them and I will hire them again.

Description of Work
They service my HVAC system every year.

Work Completed On 11/12/2018

11/04/2020

Chris M.

Kenny did a great job diagnosing and fixing what turned out to be an electrical short that fried the transformer - probably caused by wildlife chewing through some wires. He kept me informed at each stage, offered estimates and options, looked up our warranty information, and proposed additional protections for the future. Very professional and timely.

Description of Work
Heat Pump repair

Work Completed On 11/03/2020

11/03/2020

Verna K.

On opening the box, new furnace was found to be damaged. A replacement arrived quickly and the job was completed by early afternoon. Technician Carey and assistant Ryan were professional and courteous. I was impressed with the way Carey instructed Ryan, quite supportive. The salesman Marlon was very knowledgeable about his product, no hard sell. I was also impressed with Horne's dedicated inspector Jeff following-up on the installation. Passed County inspection with no issues.

Description of Work
Replace gas furnace

Work Completed On 10/14/2020

10/25/2020

KIM W.

Bobby was great. He showed up early in the 4 hour window and analyzed the problem quickly. Very professional

Description of Work
Air con not working. Saturday call to come fix

Work Completed On 10/24/2020

10/01/2020

Jennifer C.

We are so happy with our experience with Horne! Jamal and Jose are outstanding professional installers! I expected a mess and was blown away at their cleanliness! No mess whatsoever! They were so nice and went out of their way to make us happy. I barely even knew they were here. Did not disrupt my activities at all. These two are a treasure. We are also thrilled with our experience with Bryan and Marlon who guided us through the diagnoses and purchase process. So thorough and friendly. This company wants to be sure the customer is happy. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Replace AC and all ducts

Work Completed On 09/30/2020

08/27/2020

Michael C.

Andrew the service tech was very professional and solved our problem in a timely manner. Showed up on time and we couldn’t ask for anything more. HORNE is highly rated in my book.

Description of Work
HVAC service

Work Completed On 08/26/2020

08/14/2020

ALLEN J.

Great! Brant, Andrew and Nevil were very professional and answered all my questions. They were so careful-everything was spotless when they left. They wore masks and followed all the CDC guidelines. I don't know how anything could have been done better.

Description of Work
Replace a Trane air conditioner and coil

Work Completed On 08/13/2020

08/11/2020

Donna M.

very professional and took plenty of time. Didn't feel like she was in a hurry and did a thorough job.

Description of Work
inspection of system

Work Completed On 07/29/2020

08/07/2020

Teresa P.

They guy called me and told me there would be a charge and that it was after hours after I waited all day 1-4pm for him to show up and was told over the phone in the morning that I was getting a free estimate for a second opinion- the AC guy called me from his house at 4:45pm to tell me that he was not going out to my property for free

Description of Work
AC repair Second opinion

Work Completed On 08/07/2020

06/29/2020

SD S.

The entire team of folks from Horne are very knowledgeable, professional and thoughtful. Michael Bullock our service tech is remarkable and did a great job of identifying the problem and extending the life of our old unit. He subsequently put us in contact with their new unit guys and they came out to review the layout and provided a fair price estimate. Brant the installers were on time, precise with the installation, duct work and outdoor aesthetics. Great team to work with!

Description of Work
Replaced HVAC units

Work Completed On 06/26/2020

06/04/2020

JOHN H.

Initially well. Good communication upfront. Spent over 90 minutes while the evaluator scoped the effort and provided an alternative to my problem. I asked for two proposals for the two options he presented. Two weeks go by and no return even though the office texted to follow up and I told them I hadn't heard back. They stated they would ask him to send information ASAP. 8 days later, nothing. Complete waste of time.

Description of Work
Quote for HVAC replacement

Work Completed On 06/04/2020

[Member Name Removed], We apologize for our failure to properly communicate. It is not typical but we missed the boat here and let you down. We had hoped to make an additional visit due to the complicated scope of your project but this was not relayed well. From our most recent communication it appears you have understandably moved on but if we can help make this right please reach out to our office at 704-557-0608 and ask for Larry Hoekstra or Chris Horne.

05/27/2020

Jose C.

The team is very professional and communicated well during tghe scheduling process. The technician who was assigned was very knowledgeable and let me how she was progressing during the job. Will call on again for future issues.

Description of Work
HVAC Condensate in pan and maintenance...