Horne Heating and Air Conditioning

Founded 1983 • With Angi since June 1998

Our goal as a family owned and operated company is to provide a conscientious and motivated staff who will consistently deliver quality, value and comfort with 100% satisfaction. Your Comfort Is Our Business. We are a Trane Comfort Specialist and for your convenience, we are open from 7:00 am to

2022 Super Service Award

HVAC Companies (1334)water heaters (39)dryer vent cleaning (5)gas leak repair (1)air duct cleaning (42)electrician (37)plumbers (21)gas fireplace repair (1)pool cleaning (1)insulation (1)

01/11/2023

David S.

Jason Payseur, this review is specifically for him. We had some issues with our fairly new heating unit. It looked like a puzzle that could not be solved. For some of us people that have been around , we know an old school knowledgeable mechanic when we see one . I will tell you that when Jason shows up at your door? know this, that is exactly what you are getting. Jason is polite, friendly, communicative and most of all, knowledgeable in solving riddles. Horne HVAC should be extremely thankful and grateful that they have Jason to represent and be the face of their company. He is the person that goes out and makes it happen. If I were the owner, I would give Jason a couple of days off paid or better yet even a raise. I say this because he is on the front line. He is the face of this company and he is the person that solved our riddle. So when people call this company and they get Jason at their door they are getting an encyclopedia of knowledge and a ton of experience that gets the job done and that's what keeps these companies going. If you're in need of any type of repair or problem solving , ask for Jason and don't forget to let someone know what a great experience you've had because that's what keeps them going. Someone recognizing their talents and letting others know. Thank you Jason!

Description of Work
Repair to a non working unit

01/05/2023

Rodney M.

It went wonderfully. I was satisfied with the work done on my ducts and the new hvac unit.

Description of Work
They did an excellent job!

Work Completed On 01/05/2023

12/31/2022

david S.

We lost heat on the coldest week of the year. Hornes could not make it to our house for a week, but when Destiny J came, she was so polite, explained everything, and swiftly resolved the heating problem in our home. She was very professional and deserves all the praise.

Description of Work
HEater went out completely.

12/30/2022

ALAN C.

Horne replaced my 2-ton HVAC unit. I was impressed by the extra detail and quality in the estimate, such as putting pressure-treated timbers under the composite pad on the outside, as well as adding a surge protector and noticing that I needed to change my outside flue to comply with newer building codes. Sales did not do a good job communicating the added purchase of retrofitting my existing outdoor unit with timbers and leveling the unit. The installation crew had no knowledge of this or the addition of antivibration pads, which are in agreement. However, they made it right and completed the work successfully. The installers, Colin and Mason, are the shining stars! They worked diligently, without complaint, in the cold rain and muddy landscape, adding the additional work that they were not expecting. They were thorough and completed the job to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
Replace a home HVAC unit

12/23/2022

Tom F.

It went great, I was very pleased with the service.

Description of Work
Horne replaced our heating and AC. They were very responsive, gave me a fair price, and installed it quickly. Austin, Colin, Brian and Hugh were very helpful. I was very pleased with the service.

07/25/2022

Sam E.

Horne was able to schedule our work on the day we called. Our technician, Joe, quickly diagnosed the problem and made the repair within a few minutes. Great service!

Description of Work
AC wasn't colling.

Work Completed On 07/25/2022

07/20/2022

Maritza M.

they came next day and fixed the problem the same day

Description of Work
repair air conditioner

Work Completed On 07/20/2022

03/27/2022

William M.

The installation went well. Austin and Rene were my technicians and did a good job installing the new equipment, including an electrical line to the new humidifier and replacing the water lines above the new water heater. It turned out the humidifier wouldn't fit in the original planned location, but they were able to install it on the garage wall directly behind the utility room. Horne also sent out a different technician (Bryan) to perform a follow-up QA inspection about a week after the installation to check everything, apply finishing touches, and make sure the equipment was operating properly. I have used them before and would use them again.

Description of Work
Install a Whole Home Humidifier and Replace Water Heater

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 03/08/2022

06/17/2021

Louis B.

Allen F. was on time and inspected both units and cleaned the coils. A drain line was clogged which he cleared. There were no other issues.

Description of Work
Annual checkup of the A/C units.

Work Completed On 04/26/2021

05/10/2021

CHARLES R.

Everyone I had contact with from the person on the telephone on my initial call to the Quality Control Technician was totally committed to my satisfaction. Itsik did an excellent job understanding the situation and my specific constraints. He offered a solution that met both the needs and constraints. The installation team was professional, efficient, and technically proficient. I'm extremely pleased with the outcome and have already recommended them to my son.

Description of Work
Replacement of Air Conditioning

Work Completed On 05/10/2021

02/26/2021

Arianne G.

They are fantastic! Had problems in Dec. and another company sent repairman on 4 separate days. Horne HVAC sent a repairman and he discovered problem in less than 15 min. Corrected problem and furnace is operating like it should. I will definitely be using this company in the future.

Description of Work
no heat from furnace

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 02/03/2021

02/13/2021

DIANE G.

Everything was great! The technician, Bryan, gave us a courtesy call to let us know his arrival time, and when he got here, we were pleased to see that he was wearing a mask and observing CDC recommendations. Bryan proceeded to do a thorough check of our heat pump split system (air handler in the attic, and main unit outside). After he finished, he gave us a complete verbal description of everything he'd checked, and answered several questions in a very courteous and professional manner. He also followed up by sending a complete and detailed report to our email address. We were very pleased with the service rendered! This was our first experience with Horne HVAC, because our old service provider (Quality Comfort) had merged with Horne several months previously. We certainly will use Horne HVAC again in the future.

Description of Work
Semi-annual system tune-up for our heat pump

Work Completed On 02/08/2021

12/20/2020

William M.

Brian Helms did an excellent job making sure that my furnace was in good shape to perform well throughout the winter. He performed a very thorough check.

Description of Work
Annual heating system check-up for heating season

Work Completed On 11/25/2020

12/17/2020

gary F.

Horne HVAC and their representative Allen were highly professional and thorough. They took the time to explain the issues and documented well with pictures. We are very happy with their service and will retain them for the future.

Description of Work
General maintenance and repair

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 12/17/2020

11/18/2020

JIM H.

TONY HERRIN is our all time favorite heating and air conditioning professional. We've been blessed to have known him for 23 years. He is always thorough and explains all the work he does, while giving us an update on the system check list important for its continued peak performance. When any repairs have to be made, his work is of the highest quality. My wife and I ask for him every time we call for maintenance or service, and we're willing to wait for an opening in his schedule. Horne Heating and A/C recently merged with Quality Comfort Heating and A/C and they are continuing the fine service we came to expect with Quality Comfort. Top notch organization!

Description of Work
Semi-Annual Maintenance Agreement for winter tune up of gas furnace

Work Completed On 11/17/2020

11/13/2020

Peter B.

All the people at Horne HVAC from the phone staff, sales staff, installation team and quality are WONDERFUL. The job from start to finish was handled with professionalism. I would highly recommend HORNE to anyone.

Description of Work
Full HVAC Replacement of my homes 26 year old original system

Work Completed On 11/04/2020

Review for Horne Heating and Air Conditioning - 6805 Craig Street, Charlotte, NC - 39021413

11/12/2020

Shirley K.

They are excellent and call you right back and are very conscientious. They wear shoe covers and explain everything to you. I would highly recommend them and I will hire them again.

Description of Work
They service my HVAC system every year.

Work Completed On 11/12/2018

11/04/2020

Chris M.

Kenny did a great job diagnosing and fixing what turned out to be an electrical short that fried the transformer - probably caused by wildlife chewing through some wires. He kept me informed at each stage, offered estimates and options, looked up our warranty information, and proposed additional protections for the future. Very professional and timely.

Description of Work
Heat Pump repair

Work Completed On 11/03/2020

11/03/2020

Verna K.

On opening the box, new furnace was found to be damaged. A replacement arrived quickly and the job was completed by early afternoon. Technician Carey and assistant Ryan were professional and courteous. I was impressed with the way Carey instructed Ryan, quite supportive. The salesman Marlon was very knowledgeable about his product, no hard sell. I was also impressed with Horne's dedicated inspector Jeff following-up on the installation. Passed County inspection with no issues.

Description of Work
Replace gas furnace

Work Completed On 10/14/2020

10/25/2020

KIM W.

Bobby was great. He showed up early in the 4 hour window and analyzed the problem quickly. Very professional

Description of Work
Air con not working. Saturday call to come fix

Work Completed On 10/24/2020

10/01/2020

Jennifer C.

We are so happy with our experience with Horne! Jamal and Jose are outstanding professional installers! I expected a mess and was blown away at their cleanliness! No mess whatsoever! They were so nice and went out of their way to make us happy. I barely even knew they were here. Did not disrupt my activities at all. These two are a treasure. We are also thrilled with our experience with Bryan and Marlon who guided us through the diagnoses and purchase process. So thorough and friendly. This company wants to be sure the customer is happy. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Replace AC and all ducts

Work Completed On 09/30/2020

08/27/2020

Michael C.

Andrew the service tech was very professional and solved our problem in a timely manner. Showed up on time and we couldn’t ask for anything more. HORNE is highly rated in my book.

Description of Work
HVAC service

Work Completed On 08/26/2020

08/14/2020

ALLEN J.

Great! Brant, Andrew and Nevil were very professional and answered all my questions. They were so careful-everything was spotless when they left. They wore masks and followed all the CDC guidelines. I don't know how anything could have been done better.

Description of Work
Replace a Trane air conditioner and coil

Work Completed On 08/13/2020