Goldstar Kitchen & Bathroom

Founded 1989 • With Angi since August 1999

15127 Kellington Ct

Charlotte, NC 28273

My name is Robert Iannucci CKD/CKBR. I have locally owned & Operated Goldstar Kitchen & Bath Inc. since 1989. I am a Certified Kitchen Designer (CKD) thru NKBA as well as a Certified Kitchen & Bath Remodeler (CKBR) thru NARI who maintain a strict code of ethics which we strive to exceed. I have been in the Kitchen & Bath Design & Remodeling industry for over 20 yrs. I know all aspects of remodeling, but specialize in Kitchen & Baths....

09/19/2020

Felice F.

We remodeled our kitchen and bathroom. and the services was great.

Description of Work
kitchen and bathroom

01/29/2020

Frank P.

Received call same day as request. Unfortunately they only do complete remodels. Ours is only a partial.

Description of Work
No work was completed.

08/22/2018

Jeffrey W.

GoldStar Kitchen and Bathroom inspected our old, damaged bathroom and gave us a competitive estimate. Rob thoroughly explained in expert detail how he could fix the bathroom and also provided several creative options for performing a remodel. The crew arrived on schedule and gutted the old bathroom, and then it was rebuilt with new plumbing, tile, counter top, soaking tub, exhaust vent, toilet, mirrors and lighting. We now have a beautiful, updated bathroom!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

03/15/2018

Karen G.

Great! Very happy with Goldstar and will hire them again.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

03/14/2018

Carlene C.

Beautiful job on both. They had innovative ideas and workmanship was the best.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bath remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling

03/13/2018

Angela K.

Goldstar Kitchen & Bathroom was the perfect choice. As a kitchen and bath designer myself, I have known Rob (the owner) professionally for about 15 years. When it came time to finally do my own project, it was clear to me that Goldstar would be the company I would trust. One of the biggest benefits is timing. They don't have guys working a few days a week and at other jobs the rest of the time. The same worker came everyday at 9am and stayed till 5-6pm Monday through Friday. The worker was VERY detailed in everything he did. I really appreciated that. If you're looking for a company to do your kitchen and / or bath, call Goldstar!

Description of Work
Complete kitchen, laundry & powder room renovation. New cabinets, hardwoods in kitchen, tile in laundry & powder room. Widened two doorways and changed windows into sliding door with new platform and steps to driveway area. Changed out molding and trim. Assembled bran doors and installed.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

08/13/2017

John K.

We met with Rob after first meeting with two other contractors. Rob brings design expertise and creativity that the others were lacking. That, plus his personality, were the two biggest factors in selecting him to do our work. His price was not the lowest of the three, but it was not the highest, either. Rob worked closely with us during the design phase and brought a variety of new ideas for consideration, but ultimately was comfortable with whatever we chose to do. During our very first visit, Rob used a prepared questionnaire to learn about our desires for the functionality and use of our kitchen. He spent a lot of time getting to know us and our needs before starting into the design portion. Others we interviewed skipped this step and went directly to "here's how we'll build you a new kitchen." We really appreciated the time spent thinking about the space before designing it. He worked closely with us in selecting the cabinets and even met us at the granite center to offer advice. Once our job was scheduled, Rob's crew showed up on time and got to work. Mauricio and Sam were incredible guys to have working in our home. They were very respectful, punctual, polite, and extremely knowledgeable and capable. They cleaned up after themselves very well at the end of each work day and made sure we had everything we needed to function while our kitchen was out of commission. They also kept us informed of their progress and plans for the next day. The job was completed in a reasonable time and was in line with our expectations for something this large. Sam & Mauricio also took care of a lot of little extra tasks that came up during the work without hesitation. We rated Goldstar Kitchen & Bathroom an "A" in every category above except for "Responsiveness." We rated a "B" only because Rob was occasionally slow to respond to texts and emails during design. However, once the job was underway, he was very responsive and continuously checked-in either verbally or by visiting the house to check progress and maintained this contact throughout the process. Overall, we were extremely pleased with the work done and with the people that did the work, and would highly recommend Goldstar Kitchen & Bathroom for consideration.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel, including replacement of all cabinets, new ceramic tile floor, new granite counter tops with tiled back splash, plumbing upgrades, gas line installation, and total lighting replacement.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, home remodeling

03/09/2017

Denise B.

I called Goldstar Kitchens and left a message on a Friday and Rob called me back on Tuesday the 28th. I explained what I wanted to do. He asked if there was a "Mr.", which I found to be odd but said no. He scheduled an appointment with me the following Wednesday. He first asked me if 12pm was good and I said anytime on that day was fine b/c I was on vacation. Then he said lets do 1pm instead, I said fine. Well 1 pm came and went. I left him a VM around 1:30 to see if he planned on showing up. A little after 2 I sent him a text. Just before 3pm he called me back and he had no clue who I was or that he scheduled an appointment to meet with me. He asked if he could come now. I told him that was going to pass. If you can't make it to the first meeting I feel like it was a major red flag.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel, Master Bath remodel, add a bath to bonus room, add hardwood floors, and paint 6 rooms.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

11/27/2016

Deborah E.

Robert came to our house and seemed like a nice enough guy. Our kitchen was quirky and we needed help with design. He went on and on about all his design qualifications and said he could come up with great ideas. We paid him $350 for the design. We were shocked at what we got - it wasn't good at all. When I told him this, he said it was all he could do based on our layout. Not sure what changed from the time he was at our house, but anyway, I told him we found a different designer that could come up with better ideas and asked for the $350 back. We told him we may still use him to do the work. He ignored emails but then answered his phone when my husband called him. Claimed he didn't get the emails. He agreed to sending us $300 back. That was well 2 months ago. Never received anything. I emailed again 4 weeks ago....still nothing. I am looking at this now as at least we only lost $350 upfront and didn't use him and lost who knows how much more. His quote was affordable, but I can only imagine where it would have gone. I've read other reviews here and see now that anytime someone writes something negative, he replies with "We as contractors sometimes choose our clients as much as they choose us. " He chose to take our $350 and he chose not to give us anything we could work with. I guess that was his way of choosing not to work with us???

Description of Work
kitchen remodel

Category home remodeling

The reason we charge a fee for design is to protect our ideas & copyrighted plans. We use Pro Kitchen, a state of the art design program for the kitchen & bath remodeling industry and it takes more time than you think to create a design. My first offer was a plan we discussed. You didn't like the idea and I asked for more info to do something different, and never heard back. You then took it upon yourselves to hire someone else without giving me an opportunity for a second draft. I've been designing kitchens for over 20 yrs. and usually come up with more creative ideas than our clients that spend over $1000. In 20 yrs., you are the only clients I've had ask for a refund, so I was not really sure how to handle this. I will give you the $300. credit if we end up doing your project. I hope you understand, we can not work for free.

03/27/2016

Matt R.

Gave me a great estimate, I ended up going with another solution, but the guy who came was incredibly professional, friendly and I wouldn't hesitate to use their service in the future.

03/08/2016

JENNIFER B.

Called me back two and a half hours later. Asked me what I wanted to do with the kitchen, I explained we needed just a refurb - new cabinets (want to price out the cost of different kinds) new countertops, new appliances, new bathroom fixtures possibly a new shower depending on the space we have for it. He seemed immediately disinterested. He asked me if there was a "Mr." that he could talk to. I ignored him, he asked where I was located. I explained where I was and that it was an empty house we plan to refurbish and sell. He asked again if there was a "Mr." he could talk to. I asked him why it mattered. He said he generally just likes to "talk to everyone involved" and "discuss the plans with everyone" and I said that I'd be handling it. He was evasive after that and randomly said, out of the blue, "Well if you're just fixing up a house to sell, I won't be the cheapest guy." That just blew me away, I never even asked for the cheapest work. This is the house we raised our children in, we love that house. We want it to be beautiful and updated when we sell it with a full heart. And this guy, so rude, won't discuss business with a woman, makes obnoxious and rude assumptions. I explained how I was getting 5-6 quotes. He repeated again that he wouldn't be the cheapest. I *never once* asked for cheap work. His rude attitude totally blew my mind. I just said, "Well, that's fine if you don't want the work then" and he said "Well, ok." It blows my mind how unprofessional some people are. No wonder some people don't succeed in life!

Description of Work
Called provider to schedule consultation for kitchen renovation, had to leave message.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Sometimes we choose our clients as much as they choose us. Right from the beginning I could tell that this client was going to be challenging to work with. I never asked to speak with a "Mr". I simply asked if anyone else would be involved so that we could setup a meeting and discuss ideas together. Most time it's the women who make the decisions in this area but doing this for over 30 yrs. I find it best to meet all involved, at least for the first meeting. After reading this response, I'm glad I went with my instinct and told her that it's probably not going to be a good fit. I think she got insulted at my honesty. Every client that we have done a project for would and does call us back for future work, unfortunately she will not get to experience the creative design & work ethic of our company. I wish her the best for her project.

09/26/2015

DR RALPH W M.

Over all well--decided not to do it at the time.

Description of Work
Gave an estimate on kitchen remodeling.

12/12/2014

Jeremy M.

Rob, Sam, and TJ were awesome. They stayed on budget, gave us high quality work, and were overall just great to have working on our house. From the beginning, Rob listened to our ideas and wants and worked with us to find an overall design that was much better than what we had originally thought. During the process, we discovered we could raise our ceiling in the kitchen higher than anticipated. The team had no issues in doing the extra work and the additional cost was kept to a minimum. It was very easy to work with this company and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of our kitchen. Partial remodel of our master bedroom, hallway, and dining room.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

12/02/2014

Susan J.

We are thrilled. We are planning on using them for our laundry room and downstairs bathroom remodel as well. 5 stars service in my opinion.

Description of Work
We did an entire kitchen remodel. Moved doors increased opening into living room. All new cabinets, countertops, electric. Created an island with a cooktop. Tile backsplash etc.

11/20/2012

Brenda F.

We first contacted Goldstar Kitchen & Bath because we liked the fact that they used their own employees, not subs and they would work on our job until it was completed. Rob listened to our ideas and suggestions and together we worked out a design than we liked and that was within our budget. We knew we could always call Rob (if we didn't reach him at first, he always got back to us) and talk over any ideas or concerns. His people were excellent, worked very hard to keep our house clean and most importantly left at the end of the day with the job site cleaned up. (This was especially important as we live in a townhouse community which does not allow dumpsters or construction materials outside.) Sam, the primary worker on the job was always on time and worked a full day. The job was completed on budget and we have a kitchen that we love (and so do all our neighbors!) Six months later, we decided it was time to redo our master bath. I called for several estimates, but the positive experience we had with Goldstar was enough for us to contract with Rob to do the job. Together we laid out a design for the cabinetry and Rob took us to the tile place to help us with our choices.Sam's tiling work is of the highest caliber. He's a real artist. We wanted river rock in the shower and a "path" of rock across the tile floor to add the illusion of width to the the long narrow room. It was a complete success, and again we stayed within our budget. Thanks Rob!

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel followed at a later date by a $23,000 master bath remodel.

09/09/2012

Paul D.

Vey professional and very clean. They did thier best to keep our home clean.

Description of Work
Very professional with lots of good ideas to save money. The ideas/suggestions allowed us to spend more on fixtures that gave the bathroom and very upscale look and feel.

08/22/2012

WILLIAM K.

The team at Goldstar helped us scope and design our kitchen. Worked us through several different design scenarios as well as applicable costs. They advised us on colors, styles, and overall kitchen update techniques. The build team was awesome. Tear down happened in a day and the rebuild started the next. The attention to detail by Sam, especially on his tile work, is exceptional. It took about 3 weeks start to finish which I understand is very quick.We are very pleased at how it turned out and believe we have a very beautiful and functional bathroom that will add significantly to the value of our home.

Description of Work
We completely gutted and replaced our entire kitchen. All new floors, cabinets, appliances, lighting, back splash, counter tops, etc.

08/03/2012

DONNA M.

Rob and Sam are idea-generators and problem-solvers. We had no idea what we wanted to do with dead sitting area space in our MBR until Rob suggested an alcove, which turned out to be a unique eye-catching addition to our home. Everyone loves it! I can go on and on about how great their work is (they've done 4 renovations for us so far), but the best thing about Rob and Sam is how safe and secure we feel when they work in our home. They are responsible, trustworthy and treat our home as if it's their own. We couldn't ask for more in a contractor. If you have a family home that needs to be treated with respect, call Rob.

Description of Work
Removed windows between kitchen and sun room, replaced with knee wall/ledge. Created alcove out of old unusable sitting area in MBR. Removed exterior French doors in family room, replaced with wall and high window.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

11/18/2011

Lennie W.

We only had a week to do the job so considering the circumstances they did a great job. Our priorities have shifted now so if we were to do it again we might do some things differently but we would have this company do the work. We have kept in touch over the years and our communication has been good. They are excellent, hardworking, polite, smart and honest and we will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Goldstar Kitchen & Bathroom to completely renovate my kitchen nine years ago.

05/14/2010

WES S.

Estimate provided, but no services performed.

Description of Work
Robert was very professional. He visited our home and gave us some good ideas and suggestions. We would have liked to have used them but their price was much higher than the other two estimates we received. If you are looking for a turnkey solution and your are not overly concerned about price then these are your guys as I would bet they would do a great job. Price difference, however, was too much for us to ignore and we used another contractor and did the entire job for almost 50% less than their estimate.

03/25/2010

ERIN C.

They were responsive. The quality of work was neither good nor bad. It was just fine. They had taken some shortcuts where I couldn?t see them like having the outlets too close to the sink. I had to pay again to have some jobs redone.

Description of Work
I used Goldstar Kitchen & Bathroom for remodeling.

03/02/2010

angie H.

Rob and his crew are WONDERFUL!!! They were always on time, pleasant to be around, easy to talk to about what we were wanting to do, helpful in picking out materials and colors, cleaned up after each day, respectful of the fact that we were living in the house during construction, and just overall a wonderful group to work with. They were on time as far as how long it took to complete, and they came in right on budget. We were also able to make changes in our plans once construction started as once we saw how things were going to the lay out, there were some fine tuning to what we wanted to do, and there was no charge for making the changes where other groups that we talked with there would have been a change order charge if we ended up making changes once construction started. Rob also did not try to over sell us on what we could do during construction, he helped us spend our money wisely and we now have a kitchen we love. I can not say enough good things about this group and we would use them again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
We did a total kitchen remodel along with some remodeling of our living room, laundry room, and upstairs office.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, electrician, lighting, plumbing, replacement windows, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, doors

02/10/2010

Lisa G.

We had better luck with another company that was more willing to provide more specific cost estimates.

Description of Work
We got an estimate for a kitchen remodel job.

Category custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling

02/07/2010

Matthew M.

We were very pleased with Goldstar, beginning with the design and cost estimate. We selected Goldstar based on price, design ideas, and their approach to only working on one project at a time. We were provided names of granite and tile vendors who work with Goldstar for selection of materials. Work began the day the cabinets were delivered. They were punctual and professional during the four-week project. They were diligent in cleaning before leaving each evening. When opening the pass-through between the kitchen and den, a water pipe from an upstairs bath ran through this space, which was not anticipated. Goldstar re-configured the water pipe, without delay or cost impacts. They worked within budget and accommodated minor requests through-out the remodel. There were no delays due to lack of materials, equipment, or working on other projects. We are extremely satisfied with the outcome and quality of materials. Since Goldstar has a small workforce, and they focus on one project at a time, is took several weeks to schedule a follow-up for minor touch-ups. Once scheduled, they were punctual and completed everything to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
Goldstar performed a complete kitchen remodel, including removal of existing cabinets and flooring. They expanded doorways, reconstructed an area for the refrigerator, and added a pass-through over the sink between the kitchen and den. Goldstar coordinated purchasing of cabinets, granite, tile backsplash, and floor tiles. They redesigned the kitchen using the existing footprint and greatly increased functionality, flow, and work/storage space. Goldstar did all of the demolition, rewiring, plumbing, cabinet installation, tile installation, and finishing of walls. We requested building permits; Goldstar accomodated our request and coordinated all inspections.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling

10/05/2009

SALLY R.

We had some major work done. I like everything about them. They are superb. They are meticulous. They are good craftsman. They are punctual and professional. They are absolutely delightful.

Description of Work
Goldstar Kitchen & Bathroom remodeled our kitchen in the month of February. They are currently remodeling our master bathroom for us.

MyNewFloor.com

A premier flooring company in the Carolinas, MyNewFloor.com was founded by a talented, design savvy professional with 15 years of experience in designing and installing a variety of flooring products. Our company is built on the principles of honesty, quality, craftsmanship, and a sincere effort to provide 100% customer satisfaction! You can be sure that only our professional, knowledgeable and experienced installers will complete all the work for you. We do not sub-contract any of our projects.

Offers by MyNewFloor.com on Angi
    Zack Hardwood Flooring

Since 1999, Zack Hardwood Flooring has provided full service hardwood flooring to Charlotte, NC and the surrounding areas. We are a local business born right here in Charlotte. Our client`s needs are the top priority for us, so we are flexible, available and present; we spend quality time with our customers in order to answer all questions, address any concerns, and help develop and execute customized hardwood flooring needs. Whether installing new wood floors or refinishing your existing hardwoods, Zack Hardwood Flooring will provide you with quality professional service throughout your entire project. Customize your hardwood floors with information we can offer you about different kinds of wood, cuts, stains, and designs. Choose from our superior quality selections of both exotic and domestic wood flooring. Please take some time to review this website regarding our services, products and our company. We are ready and able to set an appointment with you to further discuss pricing and any other questions you may have. Please note that we are a full service hardwood flooring refinish company and do not offer small repair services. Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to serving your flooring needs in the near future.

Artisan Electric Service LLC

Quality residential electrical service at affordable prices. From faulty circuits to new construction, we handle all aspects of electrical wiring. Offering FREE consultations.Please text or call Brian for the fastest service.

Kitchen & Bathroom Remodeling – Design & Layout, Cabinetry, Moving Walls, Hardwood & Tile Floors, Lighting, Windows & Doors, Install Appliances, Relocate Fixtures, Marble, Slate & Tile Backsplash, Granite & Solid Surface Countertops, Custom Cabinetry, Doors, Cabinet Making, Custom Master Bath, & Heated Tile Floors.

Painting & Wallpaper, Small Jobs, Minor Repairs, Small Installations, Vinyl Flooring, Laminate Countertops, & Cabinet Refacing.