Finishing Touches Construction

Founded 2005 • With Angi since August 2010

3611 Mt. Holly-Huntersville Rd. Ste. 204-236

Charlotte, NC 28216

Finishing Touches Construction Inc. serves the greater Charlotte area specializing in bathroom remodeling, kitchen remodeling, basement finishing and more. We have the knowledge and ability to turn your home improvement dreams into reality in any style and budget. We are committed to quality work and exceptional customer service. We are dedicated to each project from start to finish and take one renovation at a time. Additional e-mail - rgarcia1171@yahoo.com. See website for additional service....

07/28/2018

JOHNNIE C.

I have described to him that the room was very small but he provided a terrible quote and never called back after that.

Description of Work
He is supposed to repair my powder room.

Category remodeling

05/04/2018

Timothy A.

Wonderful, Finishing touches was able to tile my floors within a week notice to fit my schedule. The job was beautifully done and I saved over 400 dollars on my tile with the company discount.

Description of Work
Tile Kitchen floor,bathroom floor and laundry room floor

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, insulation

11/25/2017

Brett L.

Roger's cabinetry person Randy Stertzbach with Doin It Right Cabinetry and More did an EXCELLENT job on all three of my projects. Randy was very professional and took his time installing everything. He made sure everything looked perfect. He made sure everything fit into place and did not rush the job along. I will definitely be using Randy again to build another piece for my garage.

Description of Work
Mudroom Entertainment Center Office Unit

Category custom cabinets, handyman service

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for this review. Let me know when you are ready for your painting. Best Regards, Roger

10/30/2017

Veronica R.

After visiting my home, Roger emailed me an estimate. He seemed confident in being able to handle all of the repairs with the exception of repairing the frame of my glass shower door. He said he would refer me to someone for that though he never did. I responded to the estimate with some questions. After two weeks with no response, I emailed him again. He said he had not gotten my email, and I chalked it up to an oversight or whatever - that happens. However, my following attempts to get in touch or get information also received insufficient responses. My attempts to communicate include phone calls, text and email. We were ready to hire, which I told Roger. But we did need to confirm a few things, such as what type of front door he was quoting us on, who would be doing the work, and when it was going to take place. After a week of waiting on Roger to follow up with specifics, we decided there were too many red flags for us to continue. So I emailed Roger and told him honestly that we weren't comfortable with his lack of communication and would hire another contractor. His response was: "Okay no problem. I understand. Thanks".

Description of Work
Received quote for front door and patio door replacement, tiling front porch, rebuilding porch handrails, repairing wood rot around windows, rebuilding crawl space door and a couple small handyman items

Category ceramic tile, decks, handyman service, woodworking, house painters, doors

I would have to disagree, with all due respect. I would have to say that most of this could be explain this with miscommunication. I would like to provide my side of the story. I provided you with an estimate on 10/5 and we emailed back in forth on the changes that you would like to make, some of the work you were going to do yourself. I unfortunately missed your email on 10/7 and you did send me a follow up message on 10/22. Which I am very sorry you had to. It is not like me to miss an email. I let you know on the 22nd that the door would take 2.5 weeks to get and that I could start with the other work while we waited for the front door. You asked me about the payment options. I had you penciled on my schedule for the next week. You sent me a message that you would like to go with someone else because they could could get the door sooner. I am very sorry that you feel this way. But please know that I do work with all my clients to get things completed as quickly as possible. I just missed the email on the 7th and by the time you let me know I missed it you had already decided to go with someone else. Which is not a problem, but please know that this is not an accurate review of my work or responses.

08/30/2017

Hettie K.

Sometimes when you look at something for a long time, you don't know how bad it is! That's the story of our deck. We thought just a few boards needed replacing, but Roger said the (horizontal) boards were dry rotted. Fortunately the joists and vertical surfaces like railings were fine. I think it took about two-three days for the demo and re-build. We had to wait for a few extra boards to be delivered, but overall, it was a fast process. The carpenter did a great job hiding the power cord to our hot tub underneath. He significantly improved the upon the design of the previous access lid to the power/outlet, making it nearly seemless. He worked steady and did a very nice job making diagonal cuts just like the previous decking. I know that was more labor-intensive, but worth the effort. When I expressed concern about the spacing of the boards, both Roger and the carpenter explained the boards will dry and separate allowing for water to drain. So, they not only build things well, they explain why. After this project, Roger's other workers came in for a bathroom renovation and they will be returning for a third project soon. These are responsible workers with a reliable, responsive owner who understands quality and what customers want.

Description of Work
Replace boards on 24-year old deck

Category decks, woodworking

08/30/2017

Hettie K.

My husband and I are very pleased with our bathroom renovation. This is the third project Roger's team has completed for us. They are excellent workers, responsive to input, and never mind explaining why they are doing things. The costs are very reasonable. The workers arrived on time each day and worked the entire time. They did an amazing job on the tiling! This was a two-day project as Roger's team only did a part of this bathroom reno. We had already hired painters to remove popcorn ceiling and for painting, but Roger is willing to work with whatever you want him to do. Price below reflects only the labor, not the fixtures as I purchased those separately and Roger's guys picked them up from Lowe's. Great work, reasonably priced, reliable people. We've already discussed the next project!

Description of Work
Renovate bath- Pick up new items at store and brought to house. Replace toilet, vanity/sink, lighting and fan; patch sheetrock where old medicine cabinet was. Lay new floor tile.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, home remodeling

05/30/2017

Anne K.

Work was professionally performed and looked great.. was not the lowest bid but, would definitely hire them again. Roger was great to work with ! My only cons were, they showed up without letting me know they were coming so I couldn't alert my tenants and the inside work, which I had asked to have done first was not completed before the outside work and to this day hasn't been finished nearly 3wks after the beginning.

Description of Work
WOOD ROT REPAIR on the outside of a house and some internal wall repair..

Category drywall, handyman service, pressure washing, house painters

05/04/2017

tom S.

Painting went well Deck construction was great Bathroom tile was poorly done and not completed (ungrouted)

Description of Work
Painting, Deck Construction, Bathroom tile

Category decks, home remodeling, interior painters

Hi [Member Name Removed], As you know I guarantee all of my work. There was a small area that looked like it never received grout, but the area seems to soak up the grout. We came back and added additional grout. If you are still seeing a concern even after 6 months I will be back to take care of it. Thanks Roger

05/02/2017

David F.

Roger and his team were amazing to partner with in completing our bathroom remodel. Roger is very prompt and responded that 'we'll take care of it' anytime we had a question or needed any input. Roger's name came to me via word of mouth referral which truly is the best compliment someone in the business can get. I've referred him on and hope to do another project again soon. Our bathroom looks great!!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, electrician, lighting, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you!

01/23/2017

britt J.

It was delayed in getting it done because of the holidays and weather but it was completed this week.

Description of Work
They had to move the entrance to my deck and stairs to the other side because of a fence I had put in.

Category decks, handyman service

10/28/2016

LISA G.

It went fine other than one door latch not closing properly. Roger and his team were very responsive in handling this minor inconvenience.

Description of Work
Installed lattice under deck along with 3 access doors.

Category handyman service

Thank you so much for the review, I really appreciate it.

10/28/2016

Katie R.

Smoothly. I was living in the space during a portion of the work, and Finishing Touches always kept my home clean and their tools to the work spaces. Roger Garcia was extremely easy to get in touch with and kept me up to date with progress of the projects. When we weren't happy with the finished project of a shower door install, Roger took care of arranging all the appointments and products to make sure it was corrected to our liking. Very satisfied with the beautiful new changes!

Description of Work
Open-space kitchen/living room/dining room painted; kitchen cabinets painted; master bathroom remodel - including new floors, removing tub, installing shower, new counter top; replaced rotten wood floor on small 2nd floor deck; replace fireplace surround tiles

Category ceramic tile, decks, electrician, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working for you.

08/30/2016

Trish B.

Great. Everything Robert said he would do, he did. He was exactly on-time for to meet me and see the job. Sent me the estimate in the time frame promised. The crew showed up on time to do the work and started immediately. They finished faster than expected and did a great job.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Category interior painters

Thank you so much for your review, I really appreciate it. It was a pleasure working for you.

08/10/2016

Joanna W.

Roger and his team did a fantastic job of renovating a large open basement into a beautiful. private basement apartment. All work was done to code and to my satisfaction. Everywhere I look, I'm pleased. The team was very professional and considerate of my property. Construction debris was promptly removed and my renovated apartment was cleaned before I moved in.

Description of Work
Create 2 bedroom, closet, and bathroom from existing open basement. recreate an area for a kitchen including rewiring and plumbing.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, closet systems, drywall, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

Thank you so much for the review. I really appreciate it. It was truly a pleasure working for you guys.

06/18/2016

tom C.

We decided to do a complete remodel of the outdated kitchen in our condo by gutting it and starting over. This involved reducing the size of the wall around the countertop containing the sink and rerouting electrical connections. We installed a tile backsplash around countertop areas and the range, replacing what had been a granite backsplash. Roger and his crew, Leo, Miguel, Marco, and Jesus did a superb job. We are very pleased with their workmanship and attention to details. They were pleasant, always polite and cleaned up before they left after each day of work. Roger always responded promptly to telephone calls and emails. He addressed every request we made and insured that we were completely satisfied with the job before accepting final payment. We would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel, including tile work, interior painting, drywall, electrical, plumbing and appliance installation.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

04/28/2016

Chris R.

Roger and the team who were on site did an outstanding job. We will definitely use them again. Even though we spent a lot, we still received extra value from the team. They were very receptive to our thoughts and questions. We trusted them completely and they worked on site without us at home on occasion.

Description of Work
They fixed several wall cracks and repaired lots of broken drywall seams then painted. They painted four rooms, the ceiling on the main floor, the kitchen and a hallway. They fixed some rotted wood in a doorway. They installed three light fixtures. And finally they enclosed the bonus room and added a door.

Category handyman service, snow removal

Thank you so much for the review. It was a pleasure working for you and it really means a lot.

03/12/2016

Christopher R.

We had a half bath we needed redone, along with a few odd jobs around the house. In the bathroom, we needed old beadboard removed from the wall, some drywall cutout from where we had a leak around the window, new paint, and the vanity and toilet replaced. Roger's crew got right to work, tore everything out and hauled it all away. They sealed around the window, patched, prepped and painted all the drywall. Aside from the bathroom, we had our deck repaired (broken lattice and some boards replaced) and re-stained. Looks great. We had our stairwell and upstairs main hall painted. Those were the main jobs. In total, they finished everything in just under a week. We had some slow downs because this fell over a few snow days. The days they were at the house, they worked very efficiently. They were on time. Roger was easy to communicate with if we had any scheduling issues. The crew was friendly and professional. Will definitely hire again and recommend.

Description of Work
Roger and his crew completed the following items. Downstairs half bath Interior wall and baseboard is bowing out from moisture or leak. Correct the moisture/leak problem Rip out wains-board in half bathroom and mud room and replace with drywall. Replace toilet Replace vanity Upstairs master bath Re-grout floor Front entrance hallway/stairs Paint Walls Deck maintenance Replace damaged boards Replace lattice Stain Back door (utility door) Fix door frame Pressure-wash House Deck Porch Sidewalk Porch Add a missing spindle to front porch

Category contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, decks, drywall, handyman service, remodeling, water damage restoration, replacement windows, pressure washing, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

thank you!

02/29/2016

Albert W.

Everything went very smooth. Quoted mid January and they started the job beginning of Feb. Arrived on time very professional and Roger was flexible as he was able to let me add to the job as they were working. Very easy to work with. Already have Roger coming out for additional work. House looks great!

Description of Work
Painted a bathroom, installed new vanity, mirror, new toilets, etc... Tiled 2 bathrooms, 1 bedroom and a hall way. Repaired outside rotting wood on the front entrance.

Category handyman service

Thank you!

01/09/2016

Anthony N.

I called Finishing Touches for an estimate to add a door to my bonus room and Roger, the owner, came to my house the same day and looked at the room. He was able to provide an estimate the next day and we scheduled the job in a very reasonable time frame. A day after the French doors arrived at my home, Roger's team came in and went to work. There was a large doorway to the room that was off to one side and I needed that doorway centered with my stairway and the doors added. This meant moving the doorway, one electrical outlet and one light switch. His electrician started with the electrical work and the rest of the team moved and reframed the door. They replaced the sheet rock where the doorway had been before. Next, they fitted the new door in the frame. On the last day, they replaced the carpet, baseboards and painted the doors and surrounding walls. Upon inspection, I found a couple things that needed touching up (a wall plate and a visible seam in the carpet) and Roger took care of all that within 24 hours. You cannot tell today that the carpet was ever cut out and replaced. The only thing that went wrong with this project was that initially the wrong doors were delivered to my home. Roger came over right away, confirmed the mistake and resolved it immediately. I couldn't be more pleased with his responsiveness and honesty. His team was absolutely courteous and professional. The total cost did not exceed his original estimate. Roger and his team made my first indoor renovation a very good experience and I will not hesitate to hire his company in the future.

Description of Work
Added French doors to a bonus room. This involved moving, resizing and reframing the doorway, moving some electrical wiring to an adjacent wall, installing the door, and replacing carpet and baseboards and repainting.

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters, doors

Thank you so much for the review, I really appreciate it. It was a pleasure working for you.

01/06/2016

Vincent P.

,We moved into our new home in May, desperate to finish our basement we called around and got several offers but Roger seemed to be the most knowledgeable, down to earth and best bang for the buck. He turned our tricky 1400 sq ft of unfinished basement into a studio, office, home theatre and lounge area. He was great to work with, gave us his best contacts for other work needing done, we used him for a variety of other things during the main job and each time was a pleasure. There were some hiccups here and there which is expected for a job of this size but each time he worked every single one out. There are many things I can say but I'll make it short and to the point, we'd recommend Finishing Touches to anyone looking to finish their basement, even something as small as painting rooms, Roger is your guy!

Description of Work
Finished 1400 sq ft of unfinished basement.

Category handyman service, remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

Thank you so much. It was really a pleasure working for you! Hopefully you will use me for future projects.

12/09/2015

Brett C.

Mixed results. Things which met my expectations: The exterior sections of the house that required painting were completed. The crew was overall professional. Things which fell short of my expectations The owner sent the painting crew based upon 3 proposed dates without written confirmation of the actual start date. I was notified the day before they arrived which was not adequate warning. All correspondence was conducted via email vs. phone as I had reqeusted. The crew completed the work but arrived late and left early without call me prior to their departure. They did not work the full time for which they were paid. They left a paint can which I did not provide in place of a very expensive can of oil based primer. I guess they thought I would not notice.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Category house painters, interior painters

12/01/2015

Patricia D.

Roger & his assistant were prompt & very professional. There were a few issues but I believe those were due to my own less than perfect instructions which caused misunderstanding about color for utility room. However, the finished job was high quality & we have had many compliments on their work. They are courteous and left things clean etc. I would highly recommend them & would use them again on any future painting projects. I am a happy customer.

Description of Work
Roger's company painted the interior of our house.

Category handyman service, interior painters

Thank you so much for the review. I really appreciate it.

11/30/2015

Bernard J.

Roger was always responsive and professional, he gave us a fair price for the work performed. His team was professional, punctual, courteous, clean and did great work. We would recommend FTC and will use again for future jobs.

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation

Category handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure working for you.

11/11/2015

Linda S.

Beautiful workmanship, attention to detail, total remodel of two bathrooms, , great work. Turned out very nice, New tile, drywall, paint, plumbing fixtures. All done in about 3 1/2 weeks. Plus some painting in bedrooms and touch up elsewhere. Lovely job.

Description of Work
remodeled two bathrooms completely

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you!!

09/21/2015

Christopher A.

It was a little slow getting a response from him at first. However, I got several estimates and they were all hard to get a response from. I think it is just because they are swamped right now. Once we had the appointment scheduled for the estimate, things went smoothly. He was very responsive and very friendly. He knew I needed the job done quickly and he did so. Everything looks great! He will be my go to handyman in the future!

Description of Work
I hired Roger to complete the punch list items from my home inspection. He replaced a door, fixed a window, did some vinyl siding work, and other misc items.

Category handyman service, siding, replacement windows, doors

Thank you so much for the review. I really appreciate it.