ERNEST PAINTING

Founded 2004 • With Angi since October 2006

7615 SWEDISH IVY LN

Charlotte, NC 28227

Ernest Painting strives to provide the customer with the absolute best quality workmaship, products and customer service we can. Ernest Paiting is a name you can trust, and we are grateful and appreciative of the awards and recognition that have been given to us....

03/06/2019

Earl R.

Do to weather project was off schedule by two days, which was good. Ernest alerted me of water damage during installment of a bathtub.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category drywall, gutter repair, remodeling, house painters, interior painters

09/05/2017

Alexis B.

I first received an itemized estimate. They showed up on time as promised, explained how long the job would take and what steps they would be taking. They were professional; they made sure to put down cloths and protective coverings through the house, not just in the room they were working on. All work just looks amazing and exceeded my expectations. They even used a primer and paint on my medicine cabinet, vent and fan so they look clean and brand new and didn't need updating with new purchases. I am beyond pleased with the entire experience.

Description of Work
A wall in each bathroom needed sheetrock repair, popcorn ceiling needed removed and painted, bathroom walls with old wallpaper needed patching and painting.

Category handyman service, remodeling, interior painters

08/05/2013

RHONDA L H.

He answered when I called him. I told him about the job. He told me to email him and he would get back with me. Two days went by, then he emailed me saying he would contact me after his doctor's appointment today. He has never contacted me. Disappointing, unprofessional, frustrating.

Description of Work
He did not do anything for us.

07/08/2013

Mary M.

He came by himself and was a nice man. I told him I needed a leaf cut for a table, he said it would cost $160. He took a leaf out of my table and took it with him when he left. After speaking with another contractor and getting a bid for much less for the work I called Let George Do It the same day and asked him to bring the table leaf back to me, he did bring it back. His partner came by and looked at the exterior of my home. They gave me an estimate of $3750 to do the exterior painting but I got other bids for the same work for no more than $1900. I wouldn’t want him to do any work for me, I don’t trust him.

Description of Work
They gave me estimates for cutting a leaf for a table and painting the exterior of my house.

Category woodworking

05/21/2013

Anne F.

I cannot say enough about Ernesto and his crew. We found him about a year ago after buying an old house in Myers Park--needless to say we had quite a few remodeling projects to do. We used several other vendors on our projects prior to finding Ernesto, but haven?t used anyone else since (and never will again!). He takes an extreme amount of pride in his work and it really shows. He is also highly professional and personable, and the same goes for his crew. They will stay until 8 pm on a Friday just to get the job done right and cleaned up for you with positive, friendly attitudes the entire way. They go above and beyond to say the least?we?ve used them for at least 5 major home remodeling projects at this point. Also, my husband and I have been amazed at the breadth and depth of their skills and expertise. Kitchens, bathrooms, carpentry, painting, installing lighting?there?s nothing they can?t do! Our house is now transformed into something better than I ever imagined when we started this renovation, and we couldn't have done it without their help!

Description of Work
painting, remodeling, carpentry for built-ins, crown molding, cabinet refinishing, tile floor, tile backspash

Category remodeling, interior painters, doors

05/04/2013

DAVID W.

All work was performed on time and budget.

Description of Work
Install bathroom tile floors Handyman repairs

04/02/2013

Tapan S.

Excellent work prompt service. Geroge was great.

Description of Work
Had to fix a dry wall after it was cut for a plumbing leak.

01/26/2013

Lisa F.

All of his work has been impeccable. He is meticulous about making sure everything is covered and protected. When he leaves every night, it's clean, like he's never been there.

Description of Work
Ernesto has done everything from painting, carpentry, cabinets, tile work, bathroom remodeling.

Category remodeling

01/23/2013

Grainne F.

Description of Work
My husband called George about an issue we were having with our rental home. We told George who to get in contact with in order to get into the house and to call us ith any issues. George was to do that and provide us with a quote. My husband checked in with George on Wednesday as we had heard nothing. Georges comment "eh refresh my memory". He had contacted no-one and made no effort to look at our problem, he said he was too busy which of course he didn't say when my husband called him on Monday. needless to say we ended the conversation there.

01/21/2013

BETH S.

My clients loved George! As a Realtor, I am very particular in who refer to my clients, and we always need repair work done yesterday! George is prompt, very professional, and does a great job in any capacity. He's not pushy in the least, but will talk you through the repairs needed and what he suggests. His prices are very reasonable. George is now my #1 referral go-to for handymen!

Description of Work
I referred George to some clients to make repairs to their home before they put it on the market

10/26/2012

Mary C.

George came in and gave us an estimate for replacing the shower; we accepted it. He and his crew came in the next day, and set to work. They replaced the shower pan, and the tile, and all the wood up to three feet from the floor and in the basement. They cleaned up everything, and the shower looks better than ever. He charged what he said he would.

Description of Work
We have an old house, and we discovered that our shower was leaking water into the basement. The shower pan was broken, and the wood all around the shower was rotted. We had several estimates for the work. Two companies refused to even consider doing it. It required replacing the shower tile, and the shower pan, and the rotted wood around the shower and in the basement. We thought that the work would cost many thousands of dollars. George's crew came in and did the work in just a couple of days. The shower looks great. The cost was well under what we expected.

10/11/2012

Holly H.

Ernest was punctual professional and detail oriented. He took his time bidding the job taking measurments and asking questions. He provided us with options and his opinion on the best way to do the job. He also told us up front it would take time to order the window and he would not start until he had all the things he needed to to the job right. He took his time to prep my house prior to working including protecting the furniture and floors with plastic and drop cloths. His team was courteous and I was comfortable having them in my house.

Description of Work
He helped install a sliding glass door and transum light as well as patching the wood floor and redoing the molding and paint. He also replaced the brick on the outside of the house.

Category remodeling, interior painters, doors

09/28/2012

CHARLES S.

He has a guy that comes with him to do the estimates. His price was reasonable except for painting.

Description of Work
They provided handyman services for us. Odd jobs around my home.

09/10/2012

Rod D.

George and his men were very professional, courteous and all work was performed very satisfactorily.

Description of Work
Woodworking-rebuilding and painting two porch rails/bannisters/minor plumbing work and miscellaneous painting and patching of wood rot.

03/02/2012

LaRonnda B.

George was very pleasant and professional from beginning to end. I have house in Charlotte, however I live in another state. I called George and explained to him that I need to work done rather quickly. George was at the house at the time stated as promised, he assessed the situation and let me know that he would need to come back out the following day so that his partner can take a look at the work that needed to be done and provide a quote. Since George was nice enough to make a second trip out to the house I gave him the go ahead to fix some of the items on the list and with out giving me a quote he assured me that his prices would be fair and reasonable. The next day George showed up at the house and ready to work. He called me and let me know the prices for the work that he was to perform and I would agree that they were fair and reasonable. The tenant that lives in the house praised George's work and his professionalism. Due to me being out of the State, George keep me informed through the entire process by calling me and letting know what was going on with the job. I would definitely use George again for any additional work that I needed to have done in the future. George gets an A+ in the areas of customer service and workmanship.

Description of Work
Replace GFI outlet in bathroom Replace leaking bathroom faucet Replace trim around house that was damaged by squirrels - including replacing some plywood from last repair around front porch that had already been damaged.

11/04/2011

Jeremy C.

They were very good with communication and replied by e-mail and by phone. We arranged a set up pretty quickly and they came and did everything. We had a newborn and they came and did everything as quickly and quietly as possible, and I appreciated that. They were very good to work with.

Description of Work
Let George Do It Inc cleaned my gutters and installed gutter guards on everything.

Category gutter repair

09/02/2011

Jeffrey A.

The work went very well. They cleaned up after themselves. They got the job done quickly. They were very polite. They were nice. They did not bother us at all. The quality of their work was good. We would use their services in the future also.

Description of Work
We used Let George Do It Inc. services for handyman services. They did some gutter repair work for us. We used their services in June.

08/02/2010

Betty H.

I had selected three handymen to call...after reading all the Angie's list information. I called all three but had to leave a message ...what I needed done and please call me back. George was the first to return my call. He sounded good and gave me a time within the week. He was very punctual! I do recommend him...and I am not the easiest to please. He gave me a loose price.....200 -250. The final price was fair I thought.... especially with the quality of work and I didn't have to follow behind him with suggestions etc. Oh he not only took care of the chandelier....he took all the mess left with him. Great

Description of Work
A bedroom chandlier had to be removed first. A new fan wired in the same place. Our condos have aluminum wiring. George knew how to treat the wiring and didn't have to be cautioned and told what to do. He also replaced a smoke alarm, and added another in the hall way. A fluorescent strip had to be replaced. It was a tight place above the sink. A hard place to work for a tall man, but no complaints. George is very good to work with. He even offered to take the chandelier to Habitat for Humanity for me .

06/23/2010

Ann V.

From the moment George answered my phone call to completion of several projects, working with George was a complete pleasure. He is extremely professional, stickler for details, can solve any problem, thoroughly explains what he is doing and enjoys his work. I have called on him several times in the last month as we prepare to rent our house. George will be the tenants "go to person" and he will always be in my contact list for any handyman need. I called yesterday with a small emergency and he came by that afternoon. Awesome.

Description of Work
Replaced all kitchen cabinet hinges (drilling new holes), fixed metal BBQ doors to stone, repaired holes and patched wallpaper in bathroom, dug out and replaced caulk around tub, replaced loose outlet into brick, repaired holes from towel rack and hung a new towel rack, oiled all squeaky doors, and much more. George can do anything!

01/25/2010

FREDDIE L.

We had some rotting around the door frames. He replaced the whole piece. He kept in touch with us until we were ready. They actually did the job. He called us a day before and made sure everything was going to happen. Then he came and did the work.

Description of Work
Let George Do It did some work for us in November.

10/14/2009

Dave K.

He did a great job - he made sure it was done correctly and made a quick trip to Home Depot to get more parts that we needed.

Description of Work
George installed a dog door for me.

09/26/2008

SAL C.

He's always been very good and reasonable. He follows up very well. He always makes sure he does everything right and he's very friendly. He hasn't had to come back to fix anything he did, just for new jobs.

Description of Work
He replaced a window that was cracked and he fixed the molding and wood around the window.

08/18/2008

EMILY & BOB L.

I don't think he is very knowledgeable. He came but did not how to fix the problem, but still charged me.

Description of Work
He came to look at a job I had to fix in my shower.

Category handyman service

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCES WE HAD DURING THIS JOB. I ALWAYS STRIVE TO TREAT EVERY JOB LIKE I AM WORKING ON MY OWN HOME. DURING THIS JOB, WE HAD INITIALLY HAD A FEW ISSUES GETTING TOGETHER TO BEGIN WORK ON THE JOB AND I HAD TO MAKE QUITE A FEW VISITS TO ACTUALLY GET STARTED. UPON INSPECTING THE JOB AND TRYING TO FIX THE SHIM ON THE SHOWER DOOR FOR OVER AN HOUR I REALIZED THAT THE SCOPE OF THE WORK WOULD REQUIRE A GLASS COMPANY TO COME IN AND REPLACE THE ENTIRE HINGE, WHICH I COULD NOT DO. SINCE I WAS NOT ABLE TO REPAIR THE DOOR, I DID NOT CHARGE FOR ANY OF THE TIME OR WORK I HAD THUS FAR DONE, AND WHEN ASKED WHAT WAS OWED, WE CAME ACROSS THE FAIR AGREEMENT FOR HER TO ONLY PAY FOR A SINGLE VISITS TRIP CHARGE OF $20 EVEN THOUGH I HAD MADE MORE THAN ONE TRIP AND HAD MORE FOLLOW UP TRIPS TO RETRIEVE ONE OF MY POWER TOOLS. I WOULD TO LOVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK THINGS OUT AND IF YOU EVER NEED MY SERVICES, I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ASSIST YOU. I DO MY BEST TO SHOW RESPECT AND MAKE EVERYONE OF MY CUSTOMERS HAPPY, BUT SOMETIMES COMPLICATIONS MAKE THE SITUATION IMPOSSIBLE. THANK YOU, GEORGE DUNN.

10/10/2007

HE WAS VERY NICE AND DID A GOOD JOB.

Description of Work
HE PUT UP ONE VENETIAN BLIND ON A DOOR.

10/12/2006

DAN C.

He came and offered to give me a quote and I didn't hear back. I had to call him several times. After all deadlines he set were passed, he told me that perhaps I should go with another company.

Description of Work
He was supposed to give me a quote on putting a new French door.

Category doors

Gutter World

Gutter World has been in business for over 14 years , with offices in three states NC, SC, and OH. The company is built on family values and integrity. We offer quality service at an affordable price. Contact us today about an estimate! 5% discount offered to Military and Seniors.

Offers by Gutter World on Angi
    Southern Home Services LLC

In 2001, owner Shawn Kalgren decided to make a career change that would ultimately set a new standard in the home renovation industry. He left the North Carolina school system to pursue a different type of service, Southern Home Services. Using his teaching skills in combination with his 15 years of home renovation experience, Shawn created a company whose values and principles are reflected by it's "A+" craftsmanship and exemplary customer satisfaction. At Southern Home Services, "Exterior Renovation perfected by Superior Dedication" is not only our motto, but our pledge to every project we undertake and to every customer that puts their confidence in us. We can do this by bringing educational experience and trade expertise to the table so no customer is uninformed and no detail is overlooked. This is why Southern Home Services won't be seen on television or heard on the radio, their customers do their advertising for them. We are an Elite Preferred James Hardie Remodeler.

The Brothers That Just Do Gutters

The Brothers That Just Do Gutters is a fully insured, locally owned and operated. The company was established in 1999. From the beginning, the focus and determination was to create a five-star experience in the home residential and commercial remodeling construction industry. We are committed to our employees and clients throughout every phase of the solution. Call today for a free experience of getting a solution for your gutter or guard project.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Painting, Roofing, Framing, Tile, Hardwood Floors, Concrete, Pressure Washing, Carpenter, Cabinet Refinish, Granite Counter Tops

wall paper