Eric Hoffman Service Co

Founded 1980 • With Angi since March 2002

5612 Freedom Dr

Charlotte, NC 28214

10-13 employees. Uses subs for tile, roof replacement & HVAC. Cost is determined by the job. Additional Contact Name - Dawne. Additional email - ehsc2600@aol.com....

10/29/2020

Amy W.

We have been using Eric Hoffman Service Co since 2011 for our home repairs. His company are the only people I will trust with our home repairs. They have fixed our roof, replaced a sink, fixed toilets, unclogged our washer drain, installed locks, fixed faucets, rebuilt a drawer, fixed our fireplace, fixed lighting... and so on... When we had a dog, they would bring a dog treat. When we had kids, the team would always let our littles *help* and watch. I recommend 100%

Description of Work
Misc house repairs

Category contractors, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, roofing, doors

Thank you for your kind review! As always, it's a pleasure doing business with you. Please contact us in the future with any of your home repair needs.

09/04/2020

Steven K.

Eric came out and changed the locks on our rental house in Gastonia after tenants moved out. He also looked around to quote on all the other work needed. There was no problem with the work he did (changing locks). It's what happened after that that was deceptive and unprofessional. A few days later Kristy (Eric's daughter who works as scheduler/office person) told me that this house was in too bad of shape and in too bad an area for them to work on. She said she would not want to send her subs there as they "had families." We are real estate investors so this house was just business as usual to us. But strangely she said that if the items (tenants had left some items in the house) were removed from the house then the subs could give us quotes. There wasn't that much in the house so that made no sense. Then she called back and recommended a "reliable handyman" named John Anderson who could handle the cleanout for us (tenants had left items in house.) She spoke very highly of him. We did hire him to clean out the house. Turns out this highly recommended contractor was Kristy's fiance, a fact that was deliberately withheld. I only found out because her name showed up on the account when I sent him money. She had recommended him as if he was a professional sub of their company. And he turned out be be dishonest as well. When quoting the job he told me that the dumpster cost was $675 when it was actually $450 (all i had to do was look at the dumpster company's website to see the cost). He told me he had cleaned out all the debris that was behind the shed and thought he had sent a picture. I actually asked for a picture several times and he assured me it was all cleaned up back there. We are out of state so we could not go by and check his work. We paid him for the job. I have since learned the pile of junk that he was supposed to remove is still behind the shed and he actually left a sofa sitting in the driveway. He did clean out the house, mow the lawn, and do the majority of the job. I am not used to dealing with this type of people: dishonest and unethical. Kristy's fiance John wanted to do all the other rehab work too; the only good news here is that we dodged that bullet. I don't know if Eric knows what transpired with his daughter and her fiance or not, but I would stay away from this "family business." We never did get any other quotes for the rehab from them or their subs but we would never work with them now anyway.

Description of Work
I needed a rental house rehabbed

Category remodeling

Mr. [Member Information Removed] - Eric would like to extend his since apology for any miscommunication between you and Mr. Anderson! Mr. Anderson is not an employee of our company and in no way associated with it. Kristy referred him only because you had asked for a handyman referral and he is a skilled carpenter that was doing handyman jobs along with carpenter jobs. We are deeply saddened by the negative experience you had with a handyman our office referred to you. Mr. Anderson is no longer living in NC so his services will not be referred out by anyone in our office. Eric takes pride in every job our crews complete for our clients and stands behind his work to 100% customer satisfaction. Sincerely - Eric Hoffman Service Company

11/07/2017

Carl R.

Excellent. Prompt, friendly, efficient service on time and under budget. Eric Hoffman is permanently in our contact list. Their care was extraordinary.

Description of Work
Toilet and screen/storm door installed.

Category handyman service

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure working for you. Please call us again with any repair needs you may have!

02/27/2017

Roger Y.

Everything went well; from the initial phone calls, quoting of project, and completion of work. The repair crew was punctual and performed the work in a very timely and professional matter. The clean up job was very good. Don't hesitate hiring Eric Hoffman Service Co. for your job!

Description of Work
Had some Termite Damage on a Band Sill. They replaced sections of the Band Sill (Double Band).

Category handyman service, woodworking

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed]! It was a pleasure doing business with you! Please keep us in mind for any future repair needs you may have, Sincerely - Eric Hoffman Service Company

03/23/2016

Christine R.

We had an excellent experience working with Eric. Kristy from the office was delightful. Communication is key for customer service, and they did a fantastic job. We felt that we received a very fair price and that Eric was dependable, trustworthy, and honest. The crew that worked on our house did really terrific work. This is the second time that we hired Eric (last was about 5 years ago) and we would hire him again!

Description of Work
We presented long list of house repairs: replacing wood rot, installing lights, painting garage floor, fixing leaking mailbox, repairing hardi planks, repairing and staininging of porch rails and shutters, repairing downspouts, fixing planters, cleaning dryer vent, fixing sink mounting, etc.

Category contractors, decks, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, house painters

Thank you! It was a pleasure to be able to work for you! Please contact us again for any future repairs. Have a great day!

09/30/2015

Lisa H.

We needed a small job done by an electrician and Eric did a great job. Kristy from his office was so nice and a pleasure to work with. We had used Eric several years ago to update our mother's house before we put it on the market and were very pleased with his work. They are always very professional and do excellent work.

Description of Work
Electrical work

Category electrician, handyman service

Thank you! It was a pleasure doing business with you! Please contact us again if you have any repair needs. Our estimates are always free!

05/04/2015

Candace S.

Eric's crews always do a great job. Christy in the office is great about scheduling and keeping me informed of what's going on. Work was done efficiently and professionally. We have used Eric for 14 years now and have never had a problem. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Repaired rotten wood in front railing. Replaced rotten bullnose around windows. Crafted a new drip pan for grill, cleaned and installed.

Category handyman service, plumbing, woodworking

Thank you (removed member name)! As always, it's a pleasure doing business with you!

03/30/2015

Alec D.

Eirc was recomneded to us by a friend and what a great connection. He is really our go-to. We have no hesitation to call Eric for all of our home repair needs. We have a lot of trust in him and feel that he really gives us honest answers. Always have to love a service provider who will tell you if something has to be done or not. And Eric has done that for us several times.

Description of Work
LOTS!!! Eric is our go to call. Need dry-wall. Eric. Flooring, Eric. At this point, Eric has truly done a little bit of everything for us. Always professional, fairly priced.

Category handyman service

Thank you for the wonderful review! It is always a pleasure doing business with you. Please call us anytime!

07/20/2013

Doug S.

I hired Eric Hoffman company to handle a wide range of repairs on my home found by inspection, based on a referral. He is obviously in high demand as he was booked out 2-3 weeks but they did get me in right when they said they would. I was glad Eric could handle the wide-range of issues which saved me from having arrange repairs with multiple outfits. Once onsite, he and an assistant performed all of the repairs and it looked great. They were very professional and knowledgeable, I felt the quality of their repairs was excellent. I'd recommend them (and use them again) if the need ever arises.

Description of Work
repaired the following: damaged siding, damaged window sill, floor joist support, leaking faucet, resealed shower.

Category contractors, handyman service, plumbing, siding, woodworking

02/13/2012

Stephanie S.

Loved the professionalism. They were punctual and friendly. I had to call them back out to touch up an area previously overlooked. They promptly came out the following day and made necessary updates.

Description of Work
Cut out wall to create "bar wall" Added overhead lighting in bar wall and placed on dimmer switch (they provided all hardware) Moved flat screen to adjacent wall Installed surround sound (they provided speakers) Removed/replaced all kitchen countertops Replaced chipped/broken ceramic tile in dining area (I had tiles)

Category ceramic tile, electrician, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, woodworking

It was our pleasure to work for you! Please call us for any future repairs you may have! Thank you!

12/19/2011

EMMA B.

I was very impressed with their efficiency and reliability. At a certain time, they worked steadily and they were out. They did an excellent job. Everything is working fine. I liked the knowledge of their job. I would use them in the future.

Description of Work
I used Eric Hoffman Service Co on 15th November. He installed a base molding in the closet, replaced base molding around my porch column, replaced the damaged light fixtures, and replaced an outlet for me.

Category decks, electrician, handyman service, lighting

Member - We are happy you were pleased with our work. It was a pleasure doing business with you and hope you will keep us in mind for any of your future repair issues. As always, our estimates are free. Thank you - Eric Hoffman Service Company

10/04/2011

Cheryl J.

They came when scheduled and were very prompt. Two men came and had the needed ladder to reach the old fan, remove it and installed the new one. They cleaned up and took the box and packing for the new fan. I asked if they had a suggestion for getting rid of the old fan, since it was still working well. They were willing to take it and may end up using it somewhere.Excellent service! This is probably the 3rd or 4th time I have called them and I will use this company again

Description of Work
They replaced a ceiling fan in our house, on a 12-foot ceiling.

Category handyman service, lighting, ceiling fans

It's our pleasure to have worked for you! Please keep us in mind for any of your future repairs or upgrades you may need at your home. Thank you!

09/23/2011

walter B.

When I asked questions about the invoice, Erice Hoffman called and left me a voicemail on my cell phone that was not professional. It was full of attitude that was not warranted. He called me again, with the same attitude, and I therefore fired him and told him not to finish the job. I will pay his invoice in full with the understanding that I will never use his serivices again. My job is to say: Yay, Nay and then Pay".

Description of Work
Eric Hoffman's company came out and performed work the first time satisfactorily. The scope of the work was carpentry under the house, hanging lamps, putting in new knobs. His company was called in again to perform some new duties, which again were performed to my satisfaction. I was not there when the work was done and therefore had to see the work after the fact. I asked the company to come out one more time, to assist in hanging new lamps, but was told no until I paid the latest invoice. The invoice came to another email address which I did not monitor. The invoice was re-sent.

Category contractors, handyman service, lighting

We would like to apologize to the member for the misunderstanding with his invoice and for a voice message that seemed "full of attitude". There was a lot of miscommunication due to the wrong email address and cell phone. It was not Mr. Hoffman's intent to offend in any way, shape or form and we regret the loss of a valued customer. We can only hope our sincere apology is accepted and strive to not let this happen in the future.

04/19/2011

WALTER H.

From start to finish it went well. They said the minimum fee for a call was $125.

Description of Work
A recent storm had blown off a piece of vinyl siding and loosened another. Also several other pieces were loose. I called this company and they had 2 men out to fix the problem the same day. Most of the problem siding was the top pieces where it was sliding down. They put up the piece that was down and re-glued several other pieces. They went around the whole house and were very thorough in fixing any visible problem spots.

Category siding

So happy we were able to help you! Please keep us in mind for any future repair needs around your house that you may have. As always, our quotes are no charge. Thank you - Dawne

03/03/2011

CAY C.

Called office, spoke with Dawn, described work I wanted done, inquired if it was something they could do. After confirming with Eric appointment was made for Eric to come out and give written estimate. Once estimate was received and reviewed, I decided to proceed. Door was ordered after 50% downpayment. When door arrived, date was set for door to be set in opening that was 30 years old and had never been framed for door installation. It took a crew of 2 a couple of hours to install door and work on aligning the two sides that had never been designed to hold a door square. They would have primed and painted but I had painters on site and had my painters paint. After a week or two, I wanted the doors to line up a little better (too hard to describe). I called, no problem, Eric came out looked and made appointment to have the alignment of the doors refined. It took another couple of hours (and I really think these guys are good...if that gives you an idea of the difficulty) and the doors were fixed to my satisfaction. There were no additional charges even though the door work took much longer than anticipated and required more than one trip. It is for this reason I go back to them over and over. They stand behind the work they do. I know if there is a problem, they will work on it until they get the job done correctly.

Description of Work
I have used Eric Hoffman Services for many different jobs over the past 12 years, recent jobs had included building subfloor to level flooring for hardwood floor installation, wood rot repair before exterior painting, installing replacement light fixtures on interior, and this job purchasing and installing french doors on home library.

Category handyman service

Thank you Member and as always, it's our pleasure working for you! Thanks for keeping us in mind for your repair needs. We look forward to being to help you again in the future if needed. Dawne Eric Hoffman Service Co.

02/25/2011

GILLIAN B.

It went well and he was very responsive I would say. His estimate came in a little bit higher than another company that we've used before so we ended up going with that company but it was comparable. He was good at communication in terms of returning my calls and coming over quickly and giving the estimate quickly. He used emails to do an estimate which was nice.

Description of Work
We had an estimate from them a couple of weeks ago, probably late January. He gave an estimate to replace some sidings on my door and window, it was rotten and to replace some rotten window sills.

Category handyman service, siding

Member, Thank you for giving us an opportunity to quote on your project. Please keep us in mind for any future repairs you may have. Dawne Eric Hoffman Service Company

10/17/2010

Shawn C.

The original estimate to find and fix the leak was approximately $125 and this was agreed upon with the Real Estate agent and Seller. So, we made the mistake of trusting these parties. When the Hoffman employees arrived Friday around noon, the one that was supposed to fix the leak looked at it and then told my wife that it was "more involved than he had thought." That he would have to call his boss because it would cost more. We had been given a check to cover both repairs ($250). My wife said that she wasn't sure she could authorize that on behalf of the sellers. The employee said, "Oh, well if they are paying for it, if I were you, I would get a professional plumber, because he could use a camera to go down the pipe and find it. I would just have to start tearing off the siding and guess." So my wife said she would have to call someone to find out what to do next. This young guy was more than happy to leave and start his weekend, pretty much the attitude he had coming in the door. So, later, the seller, their realtor and the lawyer contacted Hoffman to find out what had happened. Hoffman completely changed the story, probably based on the story that his young employee told him so he could start his weekend. Hoffman said that my wife was "Adamant that it had to be a plumber. That we could have done the job and would have done it for the original estimate." So we were then stuck holding the bag and had to pay $400 for another guy to come in and do the job. Luckily he did a great job and hindsight it was worth the extra money in contrast to Hoffman's guy who was not confident in his ability to do the job. Stay away from these guys and their "bait and switch" tactics and/or sending young and inexperienced guys in that are confident in what they are doing. They will probably screw it up, go back to the Grand Wizard of Oz - Hoffman who you'll never see and spin another story. You'll be left hiring someone else to pick up the pieces like we did. I just retired from the military and was warned against running into guys with a different set of values...all I can say now is "once burnt, twice shy." No one wanted to believe my wife's side of the story, but how do you make something like that up? She would not have, out of the blue, looked at a guy and said 'adamantly' "No, I want a professional plumber!" We are a very trusting family and again, learned a lesson. Unfortunately, everyone on that side was all to quick to want to believe the convenient story from the Hoffman Company. So we received a check for $125 and had to make up the difference in the $400 out of our pocket. I hope someone learns from our bad experience.

Description of Work
The Hoffman Company was supposed to complete repairs on behalf of the "Sellers" in a Real Estate deal with us. The repair included fixing a shingle (somewhat easy) and finding + fixing a leak in a pipe. The Real Estate Agent hired them because they gave them a very good price.

Category contractors, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking

05/13/2010

JACK T.

We've had them do several things for us at our other facility. The cost was very reasonable. We call them whenever we need something. If they can't do the work, they will refer us to somebody else and they have been pretty good.

Description of Work
We used Eric Hoffman Service to put in some electrical and they extended attic space. They have also done quotes and done other little things, such as the shower and they added a door.

Category electrician, handyman service, doors

12/01/2009

ROBERT B.

He was wonderful and very thorough. The price was competitive. He was comparable and very professional. He was very quick and he came out right away.

Description of Work
Eric Hoffman Service Co gave me an estimate.

11/04/2009

MICHAEL S.

Job is going perfect. He follows up and keeps his word. He guarantees his work.

Description of Work
I've used him for several jobs. He's replacing trim and painting. Repairing roof. Replacing and painting siding.

11/03/2009

william G.

They were very punctual and did the work in a timely manner.

Description of Work
They leveled some floors and did some other work for us.

Category remodeling

09/02/2009

Kim C.

O.K. so the puppy dog ate the house. Yes I was sad, still loved the dog, but in despair over the damage. Then, I remembered that Eric Hoffman Service Co had helped before and I loved them. They came like an army of handymen to tackle all the items on my list in an extremely helpful and efficient manner. I was so thrilled to get my entire list done in a matter of hours. So, I called and Eric came right away. He is a visionary and calmed me down considerably...even petted the dog and made her feel loved which she was already but her behavior has been less than desirable. The estimate was less than expected and they came yesterday, completed the tasks and the results are awesome, the guys were very nice and our home looks great again. They also did some electrical work and replaced a couple of lights in our utility and pantry. Love the results.

Description of Work
The work performed was replacing chewed wood on window sills, trim around the baseboards and the wood decoration around our fireplace. Also, the estimate was for electrical issues concerning a 3 way light switch and a light in the ulitity room that wasn't working properly.

Category electrician, handyman service, woodworking

06/05/2009

CHARLES E.

He has fixed a leak in the roof and on our deck. He has fixed a light fixture in a bathroom. He replaced the windowsills.

Description of Work
He has done alot of work for us.

10/07/2008

BETTY L.

This was the first time I've used Eric Hoffman. He came out promptly and listed the things that I requested that he do. He didn't get back to me as soon as I'd liked, but I understand he had other commitments. Two gentlemen came and took care of all of the issues. It was very nice.

Description of Work
He installed door sweep replacement on a storm door, replaced tub spout, rewired a receptacle, took down 4 bad bulbs in the basement, and installed two new fixtures. He also unclogged the kitchen sink.

Category electrician, lighting, plumbing, doors

09/22/2008

HOLLY D.

Excellent work! Staff are professional and know what they are doing! They did a top-notch job!

Description of Work
Brick work and rafter stabilization.

Category masonry