Please call for more details.

ELITE GARAGE DOOR SERVICE INC

Founded 2004 • With Angi since November 2007

9611 BROOKDALE DR SUITE 100-214

Charlotte, NC 28215

Locally, family owned and operated since 2004, Elite Garage Door Service Inc. provides new installation, replacement, and repair of residential and commercial garage doors, garage door openers, gate operators, and loading dock equipment. We service all brands! The garage door is the largest moving object in your home and can cause serious property damage or injury if not properly installed and serviced; You can rest assured that our IDEA Certified Technicians will ensure reliable and safe operation for years to come. We take pride in our work, and we match the manufacturer’s parts warranty with labor on anything we sell and install. Click here to learn what IDEA means for you: https://www.dooreducation.com/property-owners/...

04/08/2021

Reid L.

Frank and his wife serviced my garage doors and also re-programmed the remotes. He lubricated both doors, checked hinges, rollers, and springs. I thought I might need rollers but he said they were fine and he didn't want to sell me something I didn't need. It's tough finding friendly, professional, honest people these days to work on your home, autos, etc. I will definitely call Elite Garage Door again if I have any problems with my doors and will be recommending him to friends and family.

Description of Work
Garage doors were squeaking and sound like they were rubbing somewhere.

02/13/2021

elizabeth S.

They referred us to the garage door mfr, who refused coverage because we did not follow the warranty process in repairing the door. Although Elite Garage Door gave us no options other than being trapped in our house the week of Christmas until they got off vacation, they have accepted no responsibility to cover our costs.

Description of Work
They installed our garage door with a lifetime guarantee on the door, including the spring. It failed a few days before Christmas, with both cars inside a garage door that couldn't be opened. We called them to repair, they had a message saying they were off the week of Christmas, call back, no abiity to leave a message or get help with our failed door. We had to call another company in to fix the door, and follow up with Elite after Christmas to pursue cost coverage under warranty.

Category garage doors

We were not on vacation. On Mon, Tue, & Wed we were working on end of year administrative work, inventory, etc.. The message you heard was a voicemail message. So, you most certainly could have left a message that would have been checked by the end of the day. Had you done so, we would have fixed your door within about 48 hours even though we were supposed to be closed. However, we knew nothing about the issue until we received an email informing us that you had someone else do the work and you wanted money. Nothing in our warranty says we pay 3rd parties to do repair work. There is no "Cost Coverage" in our warranty, nor the manufacturer's warranty, you’re making that up. Additionally, neither our warranty nor the manufacturer's warranty guarantees 24/7 emergency service nor a guarantee of no down-time. Our warranty is simple. For new installations, we will furnish (not pay for) labor to replace any part covered by the manufacturers' parts warranty. That often includes lifetime warranties. All warranties require return or inspection of claimed parts. Neither us nor the manufacturer were permitted to inspect the spring. Not even a photo. Parts warranties always require inspection of the old parts before issuing replacements. That is why the manufacturer didn't cover anything. Since you hired a third party, there was no labor for us to furnish. Even if the spring was broke, you also had the other spring replaced. So, you’re also trying to get us to give you money for parts that weren’t even broken. Warranties have terms that you do not get to re-write in your favor 6 years after the purchase. The fact that we have no other reviews anywhere claiming that we do not honor our warranty says a lot more than this review. The fact that after 15 years we had ZERO BBB complaints, says a lot more than the complaint you made after you chose to ignore the warranty terms and couldn't be bothered to leave a voicemail. We will not suffer bullies pressuring us to give them cash.

02/06/2021

Brent L.

This is the second home where Frank and Ida have upgraded my garage door openers, rails, and in the first house, the door. This time, they modified both doors' rail systems to a high-lift format, and installed two Liftmaster 8500W direct-drive openers. The service was just as top notch as it was the first time, the doors open beautifully and nearly silently. I really couldn't be happier with the results and they are wonderful to work with. I won't hesitate to rely on them for the next garage!

Description of Work
New high-lift garage door rail systems and direct-drive openers

10/10/2020

ALAN C.

Arrived on time. Very professional. Conducted a complete assessment, found the problem, fixed the problem, and performed maintenance on both garage doors.

Description of Work
Fix a squeaky garage door

Category doors

03/27/2020

Diego P.

Great experience. Frank took care of my problem and gave me great advise. He is very professional and knowledgeable. I will definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Torsion Spring and rollers replacement

12/30/2019

jonathan W.

Called Elite and they were able to come out same day. Frank quickly identified the problem and presented options for repair or replacement. He clearly explained the pros and cons of each. I went with the replacement motor unit which he had on his truck. This is a quality product with excellent features. Frank and his helper took their time on the installation which was perfect - true craftsmanship and care. Frank took time to explain exactly what he did with the replacement and why and talk me through the new functions. Everything is working well. I have confidence in Franks quality workmanship and knowledge and would definately use Elite again!

Description of Work
Garage door opener motor failed

10/30/2019

Katherine V.

Frank was extremely knowledgeable, answering all questions and separate from the work he was hired to do helping to resolve a long-standing issue we've had with our garage door popping when opening it after it's been sitting for a while. This the same issue that another garage door company wasn't able to troubleshoot. In addition to doing an excellent job completing the work he was hired to do, he also went above and beyond by adjusting the lower photo eyes to conform to code and bolting the track for added stability. We will hire again anytime we have garage door/opener needs!

Description of Work
Replace bottom rubber and tune-up both doors and operators.

08/17/2019

andrea F.

I hit my garage door and called another service company, I was told I needed a new garage door ($1200) and possibly a motor ($500.) I was told not to use the door or it could fall and kill me. I contacted my insurance company, they were willing to pay. For a second opinion, I contacted Elite. Frank came out -- he arrived on time, calling 30 minutes before arriving. He assessed the door and and said I needed a new, stronger hinge, a few springs readjusted and another adjustment --and all could be done within an hour and for half of my deductible. He said he could write up an assessment of the damage for the insurance company but he could not in good conscience recommend a new door, it wasn't warranted! It is rare to see such integrity. My door looks beautiful -- and my faith in humanity has been restored! If only Frank had an air conditioning company and sold used cars, I really be set lol! Thank you Frank, Ida and team! Wonderful job, much appreciated!

Description of Work
Assess door damage

07/20/2019

Jeff F.

Called elite garage door service inc. and Frank, the owner answered the call. We talked about what I needed, the cost and set up an appointment to do the work. Frank himself shows up in his company marked truck with the correct garage door opener and proceeded to do the work. The cost was what he said it would be at the time the appointment was made and he threw in a keypad to get in the garage from the outside when not in your car. Frank also lubricated the door wheel guides so the door would not squeak going up and down. He checked the sensors and helped me link one of our cars to the opener. His attention to detail, pride in his work and he knows exactly what he’s doing was very apparent to me. The result is we have the best and most quiet garage door we’ve had in the 25 years we’ve had our house. Bottom line, if you find these kinds of sole proprietors, pass the word and keep using them. Cautionary word to the consumer......make sure you hire the correct company as there is a garage door company out there that uses part of another company’s name to make you think they are somebody they’re not. If this happens and they show up and then you find out who they really are, turn them away.

Description of Work
Garage door opener replacement

03/30/2019

John B.

Frank and his wife were reliable and punctual. They explained to me exactly what was broken with my garage door opener and how they would fix it. They replaced only what needed to be replaced and charged a very reasonable price. I would hire them again in a heartbeat and recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Garage door opener repair

10/23/2018

Linda B.

arrived on time and completed work in about an hour. Priced lower than other estimates and I would use again.

Description of Work
broken spring on garage door

10/21/2018

Jeffrey S.

Excellent!. On time, friendly, fair price.

Description of Work
Troubleshot door opener.

08/31/2018

PHIL E.

Frank is the best. Our 18 year old door recently broke (coil), and was already so loud I wanted to replace it. Frank said it didn't need replacing, he said the door is in good shape and that it should be fine after minor servicing. He was totally right, now it runs quiet and smooth like new. He saved me hundreds with his honesty and professionalism. I'm a customer for life. USE ELITE GARAGE DOOR SERVICE!!

Description of Work
Replace coil, lube, basic maintenance

08/10/2018

JOHN W.

I neglected to schedule in before the expiration, clearly my fault. But given the assurance that I could apply the $99 toward the full purchase price, I repeatedly attempted to contact them over several months. No one ever answered the phone and when I left messages for a return call, I got nothing. Somebody needs to refund my $99 as I have no interest in using any organization with such poor customer service.

Description of Work
I paid for and "Angie's List Special" for $99

Category garage doors

We have made numerous attempts over the last year or so to contact you for scheduling, starting immediately after the purchase. You ignored us for 6 months after the purchase and then another 6 months after we responded to you then when you finally got back to us. Maybe your partner purchased this without your knowledge, maybe your contact information is wrong, either way, we did everything we could to schedule you. It's a bit ironic that you give us an F for responsiveness. We've sold a lot of Big Deals and you're the only one we couldn't take care of. We do not a have a 24/7 call center in India. we don't have a large office staff and 30 trucks on the road. I am currently the only technician, accountant, receptionist, manager, etc. Like most companies offering Big Deals, we offered the Big Deal when we had more people and less work. That is why there is a time limit to schedule. FYI, Big Deals are loss leaders. That means we lose money doing them. Angie's List takes 40% of the Big Deal. We only get about $60.00 before expenses. After investing at least a combined hour of calls and emails trying to reach you, with our residential labor rate at $90.00 per hour, we've wasted so much time trying to schedule you, that we've lost about $30 before even being able to get you on the schedule. Now I'm spending more time on you writing a response to a review that is mostly false and quite unfair. I have given up on you and honestly, this is starting to feel like a practical joke is being played on me. We've had a couple of less than stellar reviews for being late or missing an appointment, and if anyone looks at those responses, which are sincerely apologetic, you will see that we own up tour mistakes, and will do whatever we can to make things right. We went above and beyond for you and I offer no apology. Finally, we will never do another Big Deal again.

05/21/2018

Larry L.

Frank (the owner) came out and gave me an estimate which was lower than I was expecting. He had a chance to up-sell to a different garage door but told me the extra cost did not add much value and wasn't worth the extra cost. It was nice to deal with a company that is honest and doesn't try to sell you the most expensive product it has. Installation went very well plus they even swept out the garage after they were done.

Description of Work
Replaced existing 2 car garage door which was 25 years+ old and had a deteriorating bottom seal which could not be replaced.

03/28/2018

kathy H.

Frank is amazing!!! Offered me great solutions, even told me I didn’t need a new door!! Timely, great service. Highly recommend!!

Description of Work
I had a working garage door that was 20 years old, loud and tired. I wanted a fresh look and this showcases a good amount of my house.

02/19/2018

Charles F.

Technician arrived promptly and explained that added cost would be incurred if electric eye could not be simply repaired. Repair turned out to be simple and included in cost of tune-up. Other items including inspection, roller replacement and adjustments of force and travel were completed in a professional manner. I was completely satisfied that the agreed upon work was done.

Description of Work
Garage door tune up and safety system repair

02/14/2018

Chris L.

Very satisfied. Elite suggested I have a tune-up. That took care of the banging noise. The service person also suggested I replace the metal wheels with nylon ones so the door would be quieter in general. I opted to take his advice. I also purchased a new remote, and he programmed it. The preventive maintenance was $129; the new rollers, $100; the remote, $40. The remainder was State taxes.

Description of Work
Garage door occasionally was making banging noises. I was concerned it would stop functioning one day... when I was in a hurry, of course.

02/13/2018

Elisabeth T.

Very professional - got confirmation of booking, confirmation that they were coming, and the door is a whole lot less squeaky.

Description of Work
Angie's list coupon for garage door tune-up and quiet rollers

12/20/2017

Katherine S.

Very good. Prompt and explained what they were doing.

Description of Work
Fixed broken part on garage door opener.

12/11/2017

Candice P.

They did a great job with my garage door.

Description of Work
replaced rollers; lubricated garage door; checked everything out

12/02/2017

Jacqueline C.

The service was completed as agreed. They gave some tips on maintenance I can do until I need more professional service.

Description of Work
Change rollers

11/17/2017

Richard M.

While they were here doing the repairs I asked them to check a sound I heard and he was able to repair the additional issue. The boss called me later and refunded the additional charge stating upselling is not part of their practice. They were very honest and trustworthy. They do an excellent job. I will definitely recommend them and absolutely use them, again.

Description of Work
Garage Service

11/17/2017

Steve W.

They came out the same day I bought the deal. They installed the rollers, oiled everything, and tightened up any loose bolts. The whole appointment took about 30 minutes. Everything was done perfectly. The garage door is now whisper quiet.

Description of Work
I bought the Angie's List deal for the garage door tune-up and roller replacement.

11/08/2017

warren T.

Technicians arrived on time, were very professional and finished the job quickly. Replaced the metal door rollers with nylon rollers and the door is noticeably quieter as a result.

Description of Work
I purchased a coupon on the List for a garage door check up.

Presto Garage & Gutter

Looking for a garage door repair or installation in the Charlotte area? Our garage door specialists at Presto Garage can help you create the perfect design for your garage doors - all at a reasonable cost. We can then bring the project to life with our premium installation services and materials. You can count on our Charlotte-based team to help you with anything from garage door replacements and repairs to high-quality garage flooring and smart openers. Schedule an appointment online or by phone for a free quote on your garage door repair or installation. Charlotte Metro’s Relentlessly Reliable Garage Door & Gutter Company We’re Here For You… Night, Day, Rain, Or Shine. And We Always Will Be. Did you know… Contractors rank #1 in consumer dissatisfaction? Consumers file 10 million Better Business Bureau complaints against contractors every year? Half of all contractors go bankrupt in their first year in business… and 96% (!!!) go bankrupt in three years? Those are wild statistics. But they’re not surprising when you consider how unreliable the average contractor is. We’ve all heard or experienced the horror stories of home improvement gone wrong. Call us the exception to the rule. Because at Presto, relentless reliability is our ironclad calling card. We’ve been serving the Charlotte Metro area since 2001 (formerly as Garage Doors & More Of The Piedmont). In that time, we’ve installed over 50,000 garage doors and earned a reputation for unwavering dependability. Bottom line: You can TRUST us. Entirely. Completely. Unconditionally. For proof, here’s how we compare to the average garage and gutter contractor… Guaranteed 4-Hour Arrival For Garage Door Repairs

OnTrac Garage Doors

See our Special Deals For Angie Members! OnTrac Garage Doors provides professional garage door repair, sales and installation services for all brands of garage doors and garage door openers.

Offers by OnTrac Garage Doors on Angi
    Mizegaragedoor

Mize Garage Doors LLC is a small, veteran owned and owner-operated company established in 2020 that offers the best prices and quality that other companies can't match. We offer services for both residential and commercial. After my experience in the industry, It became my goal to bring customers reliable and professional services without being extremely up-charged. MizeGarageDoor aims to have its foundation built on being fair and reasonable, working with the Customer in mind. As a certified Garage Door Technician, I work directly with the same distributors that big-name companies use such as Clopay, Amarr and Southern Ideal. I can offer you the best doors and services without costing you a fortune. Specializing in brand names like Liftmaster, Chamberlain, Genie, Overhead Door, Linear, Ect. Give us a call today for a free estimate! Most estimates can be done over the phone.

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
    Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL GARAGE DOOR AND LOADING DOCK EQUIPMENT SALES, INSTALLATION, SERVICE & ACCESSORIES FOR NEW CONSTRUCTION & EXISTING HOME, REPAIR OF BROKEN SPRINGS, BENT SECTIONS, BENT TRACKS, OPENERS, ALL MAKES OF GARAGE DOORS AND OPENERS.

Entry Doors & Windows, Siding