D & D Drywall & Painting

Founded 1997 • With Angi since December 2005

9012 Casa Lynda Ln

Charlotte, NC 28215

We specialize in drywall and painting. We are happy to help you with all of your remodeling for your interior and exterior projects. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fee. No extra charge for after-hours service....

drywall (225)interior painting (104)general contractors (13)woodworking (12)plastering (12)home remodeling (11)insulation (10)house painting (9)wallpaper removal (9)door installation (6)water damage restoration (6)closet design (5)

08/22/2020

MIKE H.

So if you are looking for someone who takes his work seriously and takes the time to do it right., David is your guy. I will definitely use his services again. Top notch!!

Description of Work
Repair drywall

Category contractors, drywall

Work Completed On 08/21/2020

08/20/2020

Dawn V.

Fantastic crew! They were on time fast and the job looked great when they were finished.

Description of Work
Ceilings repaired and painted

Category contractors, drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/17/2020

07/28/2020

Stephanie D.

D&D did a great job in a timely professional matter. Really happy with the results and would definitely hire again in the future.

Description of Work
Window opening cut out between dining and living room

Category contractors, drywall, remodeling

Work Completed On 05/08/2020

06/07/2020

Mackel C.

Excellent they did a very good job covered up everything and cleaned up good

Description of Work
Drywall replacement

Category contractors, drywall, insulation

Work Completed On 05/30/2020

05/22/2020

Angel K.

They did an excellent job. I was pleased with their work.

Description of Work
The men that owned it, presented himself professionally. The workers didn't speak English, so that was a little difficult

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

05/05/2020

Mary P.

They were great. The worker did a beautiful job and I am very happy with the work.

Description of Work
They painted and fixed the cracks in my ceiling in my Florida room.

Work Completed On 04/12/2019

03/28/2020

Timothy Q.

A Homeowner's Contracting Dream Experience! I have an older townhouse that needed some repairs and restoration (peeling paint and plaster, cracks, water damage spots. painting). I did not have much experience with hiring contractors--and frankly was dreading the experience. I got a referral for Patriot Drywall and contacted them. The owner named John responded quickly and after some pictures and a personal visit gave me an estimate. John started the work quickly and began the work himself. Frankly he was the best worker I have ever seen: quick, competent, trustworthy, courteous, focused. I kept interrupting him with questions and conversation (he was a pleasure to have around); but he politely answered all my questions but kept working and competed the job quickly. I was so impressed with his knowledge of his trade and the care and professionalism with which he did the work. He used the highest quality materials and did the highest quality work. It turns out that John also happens to be the pastor of a small church in the area (which doesn't have a lot of extra money for pastor's salaries). I so admire that John freely gives his time to the church and God's Work and supports himself by hard work with his hands. John did not volunteer that he is a pastor; I had to ask him. He never tried to preach at me or force any of his beliefs on me; but he was a great listener and responded quickly to my needs. I haven't always had the best experience with people who self-identify as Christians--so I was a bit wary. But Pastor John is the real deal: honest, hard-working, responsive, caring, He kept all his promises and in several ways went the extra mile; following up with me the next day to make sure I was satisfied. Patriot Drywall is not the cheapest contractor but they may be the best and well worth the price (in my humble opinion)--and the experience just might wind up drawing you closer to God without even knowing it.

Description of Work
repairs and restoration (peeling paint, cracks, water damage spots, painting)

Category drywall, plastering, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/25/2020

03/24/2020

Kirby C.

I called him at 11am about the job. He showed up at 2pm that day, gave me a quote and started work the next morning at 8am. Very fast. Very clean. Will hire again. Thanks David!

Description of Work
Closed off a door

Work Completed On 03/20/2020

03/14/2020

Sheri L.

Mr. Garcia quickly responded to our request for an estimate and was able to send one of his crew to our house the following Monday. Work was completed on Tuesday with an additional worker. Both were respectful of our home and were a pleasure to have here. They did excellent work and we plan to have them return for additional work.

Description of Work
Repair drywall and paint repaired places and painted one full wall

Work Completed On 03/02/2020

12/17/2019

tara P.

Dennis and his team did a great job. He called me and came by for an estimate and did a great job fixing my drywall and applying a skim coat. I was very impressed.

Description of Work
Very Responsive

Work Completed On 12/17/2019

12/02/2019

PAULA W.

Poorly. Dennis failed to show up at the scheduled time for an estimate. Since he didn’t even call, my husband and I called him and accepted his apology and a next day appointment. We asked for two estimates; one for patching the popcorn ceilings in various rooms ( small areas approximately 2’ x 2’) and total removal. Dennis failed to provide the estimate in a timely manner. So I called and texted him after a week. He gave me an estimate of $4500 to patch the ceilings in 9 areas. I asked him twice, for the cost of removal. He never replied. I subsequently went back to his business reviews and read many reviews with a quote of $4500 and less for complete popcorn removal for entire homes. One of the homes had cathedral ceilings and the quote was less than I was given for popcorn “patching”. I have decided that this business is not one that I wish to work with despite reading of their recent Angie’s List Award.

Description of Work
Remove and/or patch popcorn ceilings

Work Completed On 10/09/2019

11/15/2019

Louis B.

Very well. Dennis was on time for the estimate. The work was done as requested and on time. The area was cleaned up each day.

Description of Work
Replace wallboard in a small closet and in the garage. Paint the repaired areas.

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

08/29/2019

Kathy B.

It went very well. Dennis has men working for him that do each aspect of what needs to be done. One does tear out. One does sheetrock installation. Another one does finishing. And another does tile work. He communicates and coordinates them as needed. Work was completed in a timely manner and my bathroom looks great.

Description of Work
Remodeled my small master bathroom.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/05/2019

07/03/2019

Joseph C.

Had a major roof leak. Water damage to ceiling. Had ceiling drywall in bathroom repaired, and a bath exhaust fan installed. Great job!

Description of Work
Repair ceiling drywall.

Work Completed On 07/03/2019

06/29/2019

Kimberly W.

It went great. Dennis was a pleasure to work with. He came out and gave me an estimate, and we scheduled the work for the following week. Dennis and his team showed up right on time and got right to work. They worked diligently until they were finished (took the whole day) and their work was impeccable. You would never know the ceiling in the bathroom had been damaged; it looks perfect. The room they painted is the real jewel, though. It was deep red, painted fairly sloppily 13 years ago with drips and smudges on and around the trim. It iis now a soft gray with perfectly clean lines around the crown molding. I’m thrilled! I would definitely use D&D in the future.

Description of Work
Ceiling repair in bathroom following roof leak; painted a room, including intricate trim

Work Completed On 06/28/2019

Review for D & D Drywall & Painting - 9012 Casa Lynda Ln, Charlotte, NC - 37957825

06/26/2019

Martin S.

I had a scheduled appointment with Dennis on a Friday. When he didn’t show I contacted him by text (which he preferred), and asked if he was running late. He said yes , sorry, and could he come the next day on Saturday. When he didn’t show on Saturday, and I texted him again to ask him again if he was coming and he never responded.

Description of Work
drywall repair and painting

Work Completed On 06/26/2019

04/26/2019

Kelly E.

I was in a pinch getting our drywall finished after having to fire the previous drywall company for not showing up. D & D Drywall was great! I called these guys on a Tuesday and they were working on Thursday. They work hard and get the job done. The quality was great as well. I would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
Drywall Finishing

Work Completed On 04/22/2019

04/05/2019

Paul K.

Excellent experience with D&D Drywall and Painting. Denis came to give me a quote the same day I called. Job was set up for the next week. They came each day on time were very courteous, and skilled professionals. Price was fair, and the work the performed was flawless. I would highly recommend working with Denis!

Description of Work
Drywall repair, removal of speakers, and painting

Work Completed On 04/03/2019

03/25/2019

Brian H.

D&D Drywall and Paint were excellent. I used them after a water leak in our laundry room caused damage to the floor and first floor ceiling. They repaired the ceiling drywall and painted the entire ceiling - it looks as good as new. They also installed a new flooring in the laundry room, added new moldings, painted the laundry rooms and installed some new laundry room cabinets I had purchased. They were incredibly responsive, they were here 3 days and always right on time, they covered everything with protective tarp and cleaned up everything. They advertise as Drywall & Paint - but - they are able to do much more than that. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Paint/Drywall Repair/Vinyl Plank Flooring Install/Cabinet Install/Trim Work/Carpet Install

Category drywall, flooring contractor, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/25/2019

01/22/2019

Wesley K.

D&D installed drywall and trim for our third floor finishing project. Dennis was very responsive and came out quickly to give us a quote. His prices were very competitive. He and his crew did a fantastic job and left everything clean every day after they finished working. Dennis always responded to me quickly when I had a question and made sure everything was done to our satisfaction. I would definitely recommend D&D and will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Drywall Installation and trim

Category drywall, remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 01/22/2019

11/24/2018

Alex K.

Denis and his team did an incredible job. Denis came out to quote same day and started the job the very next day. The work was done on schedule. They were here punctually at 7:58 every morning and ended on time. They were here to check on the quality of work multiple times a day. The job included installation of drywall, repair of ceiling drywall in multiple rooms and repair of our bathroom drywall. They painted all surfaces installed / repaired and painted the walls and ceiling of our upstairs bathroom after repairing the walls. It was a 2 1/2 day job. I cannot day enough about the quality for the drywall, finishing and painting. The blending of the new and existing drywall as well as the clean lines between the walls and the ceiling are amazing. Their professionalism and customer service was exemplary.

Description of Work
Drywall Repair and installation in 5 areas, smoothing our drywall in 8 areas, priming and painting for all work done.

Category drywall, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/15/2019

11/14/2018

Catelyn R.

D & D Drywall & Painting was fantastic. Within 30 minutes of me reaching out through AngiesList, I had a response from Dennis. Luckily for us, he was in the nearby area and offered to come by that day to provide an estimate. We had initially worked with another company to repair some water damage to our closet. The previous company had cut out sections of drywall during the repair but then stopped communicating with us. I then tried to contact 2 other companies who never even called me back. I'm so glad we found D&D as we needed someone reliable and trustworthy to finish the job the other company had left. D&D's estimate was extremely fair and even a bit less than the previous company quoted us. They were able to come out within 2 business days from the estimate, arrived right on time and did wonderful work. You can't even tell there was ever drywall missing and they matched our paint exactly (even left us the leftovers!). Every point of communication, whether text or a phone call was extremely professional and polite. You don't find that too often unfortunately and it makes a huge difference. I wouldn't hesitate to use their services again and would recommend them to anyone. Thank you, D&D Drywall & Painting for the excellent work and professionalism!

Description of Work
Cutouts in drywall patched and painted, baseboard installed

Work Completed On 11/13/2018