Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Charlotte

Founded 1953 • With Angi since May 1999

There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Charlotte! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows,

4.3

window replacement (171)patio enclosures (60)door installation (54)decks & porches (24)siding companies (19)glass repair (10)electrician (8)awnings (8)flooring (6)egress window (6)Patios (4)roofing (4)

01/26/2022

Laurette D.

They gave us a few options to choose from. It was a good experience. They did let us know that it would take some time to get the window because of material shortage. But we really love the look of the window we picked and the price was great.

Description of Work
Needed a bay window removed and replaced with a regular window.

Category awnings, replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/27/2021

05/01/2021

rosa C.

Our experience with Champion has been excellent. Starting with the sales visit, our salesman was very knowledgeable of their product and installation procedures. All our questions were answered down to the smallest detail with no pressure to buy. Once we signed the contract we had to wait a bit due to weather and other delays, but once they got started they stayed until the job was done to our satisfaction working late into the evening and always leaving the job site as clean as possible. Their staff is courteous and always willing to answer questions and discuss options. We have enjoyed our sun room for 2 months now and it looks great. Champion added some siding to the outside walls of the sunroom to match the siding on the house and it makes the sunroom look like a beautiful, integral part of the structure. We had to call Champion back out a few weeks after the job was finished to look at some windows that were not gliding smoothly and they came out right away and fixed the problem. We are so pleased we have hired Champion to replace our windows.

Description of Work
Build Sunroom over space previously occupied by an old deck - included pouring cement slab and turning an old window into a door for access to the sunroom directly from the house, re-routing an outdoor faucet and installing wood siding.

Work Completed On 02/19/2021

12/07/2020

Sarah Cathy M.

Absolutely incredible!!! John Danza and the staff made sure that I was completely happy and satisfied with my amazing sunroom! Truly a dream come true!! S. Cathy Montgomery

Description of Work
All season sunroom

Category awnings, concrete repair, glass repair, gutter repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, roofing, siding, replacement windows, doors, sunrooms

Work Completed On 09/07/2020

Review for Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Charlotte - 9100 Perimeter Woods Dr, Charlotte, NC - 39070471

We are delighted to hear we provided a top-notch experience! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is wonderful to hear we were able to provide you with excellent service.

08/25/2020

Teresa M.

We had several quotes. Champion came in toward the lower for price, but the quality was by far better. Took away old door and left things clean. We will be having them do some windows next.

Description of Work
Replace French doors with a sliding door.

Category awnings, doors

Work Completed On 12/17/2019

08/25/2020

Teresa M.

Great work. Cleaned up area. Couldn't be happier. Will definitely be using the again when it comes time to replace windows.

Description of Work
Replaced a French door with a sliding door.

Category awnings, doors

Work Completed On 12/16/2019

07/11/2020

Gary N.

Great work and product. Workers did fantastic work

Description of Work
Created a sunroom out of my screened porch

Category awnings, sunrooms

Work Completed On 06/12/2020

06/12/2020

Gail D.

Terrible The sunroom process was a nightmare!!! The first crew they sent had no clue and the second either. It was thrown together!! 😢😬😳

Description of Work
Sunroom and stair going to lower level

Category awnings, concrete repair, decks, electrician, glass repair, lighting, sunrooms

Work Completed On 06/18/2014

Champion does apologize for the issues that occurred during your sunroom project this is not normal for Champion and appreciate you feedback. Champion Customer Care

11/16/2019

Daniel J.

We wanted a four season room in what was a screened in porch. The install went very well, two days to finish and very professionally done. The end result has been perfect.

Description of Work
Removed screens from our screened in porch and added glass door windows, and a knee wall to blend with house siding.

Category replacement windows, sunrooms

Work Completed On 10/01/2019

Review for Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Charlotte - 9100 Perimeter Woods Dr, Charlotte, NC - 38238132

Christi O.

I replaced the 4 windows comprising the bay window area. The windows look great, filter the hot summer sun, and I have better insulation (no air leaks) in that area. The whole room is warmer in winter. I will probably have more windows replaced by Champion Windows.

Description of Work
WINDOWS

Work Completed On 08/24/2018

CANDY L.

It wasn't windows. It was a patio door. The installer was very friendly and knowledgeable. However, I did have to call Champion because the door lock was not working properly. A repairman was sent in a suitable time frame and fixed the lock. he also explained what was wrong. I have had no trouble with the lock or any part of the patio door since.

Description of Work
WINDOWS

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 10/09/2018

TERESA G.

Great craftsmanship, it’s just the work is way overpriced

Description of Work
PATIO RM

Category replacement windows, sunrooms

Work Completed On 08/23/2019

Rusty B.

Excellent product!! Service and communication... NOT SO MUCH!!! Installation...NOT SO MUCH!!!

Description of Work
WINDOWS

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 03/15/2019

MARI R.

They had two guys here all day. One guy left early while the other stayed. He was clearly tired. They broke my boarder fence in the front, didn’t put all furniture back. Guess that was a good thing considering I had to clean up the mess that was left behind on a week night which I had to clean up after he left around 7 or 8. Knocked my shower curtain down and didn’t put it back either. Messed up the paint on my window sills also. What bothered me the most was when they told me they got the measurements as close as possible when they were suppose to be custom made????

Description of Work
WINDOWS

Work Completed On 08/28/2019

HELEN B.

They were very professional and communicated with me throughout the building of my 3 season room. It had some bumps along the way, but everything was handled by them. The end result is a beautiful room that I enjoy all year.

Description of Work
PATIO RM

Work Completed On 08/20/2018

MARK F.

very well once the measurements were done and the windows ordered it was a smooth experience and the installers did an excellent job.

Description of Work
WINDOWS

Work Completed On 08/28/2019

10/16/2018

William B.

They did an excellent job. Very professional and I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They converted a porch into a new sunroom.

Category decks, sunrooms

Work Completed On 04/16/2018

07/14/2018

Jason K.

It was easy to schedule the home sales visit, the salesman was punctual and we received a reminder phone call the morning of the visit. The sales visit took 2 hours including basic window measurements. We purchased 25 windows and had a small section of siding replaced on a mostly brick home. We opted to finance the purchase through Champion (technically a third party finance service) and spread the cost over 10 years. Once we signed the paperwork the windows arrived and were installed about 8 weeks later. I've never had windows replaced before and had no idea what to expect. The installation crew was punctual and got right to work. The windows were transported in a trailer pulled behind their pickup truck. The new windows were distributed around the house and they began removing the old windows. As each old window was removed, the new window was immediately installed in the opening. At the end of the first day, all windows (except a larger specialty window) were installed and spray insulation was added. It was unbearably hot outside so they arrived a bit earlier the second day (with my approval). They replaced the specialty window and installed the siding. The last step was installing the trim around each window, caulking and cleaning the glass. The installers truly worked non-stop and there was no horsing around, cursing, etc. I was initially told the project may take 3 days, but everything was completed in 2 full days. I felt comfortable with the installation crew and had no concerns with them being inside my home. Overall, I'm very happy with the finished product and would choose Champion again.

Description of Work
Replacement Windows and Siding

Category siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 06/18/2018

05/23/2018

PAULA W.

Excellent!! My husband and I are thrilled with our sunroom. After years of sitting under a gazebo, we decided to go with a sunroom. We have now enjoyed many years and seasons in our sunroom. We waited to submit the review so that others would believe our positive review based on the craftmanship and professional work —our sunroom still looks new!!!! The staff is a professional group of people. It was a pleasure working with them.

Description of Work
New sunroom

Work Completed On 10/01/2015

05/16/2018

David P.

Kind of surprised all the installation works was done by one guy, but he did a great job. He damaged a piece of trim during the installation, but went to Lowes and bought and installed a replacement.

Description of Work
Replace 4 double hung front windows, which were installed during original build in 1999.

Work Completed On 05/16/2018

01/19/2018

Corie S.

Quote was extremely high and would have priced our house45-60k out of neighborhood.

Description of Work
Windows and siding

Work Completed On 03/03/2020

01/01/2018

Jennifer C.

Our home was vandalized, resulting in two busted windows, so we were sensitive to how long it would take to replace the windows. James Richardson, our sales rep, came onsite and gave us an excellent presentation on Champion as a company and demonstrated the benefits of their window. The windows are made to order and typically take about 6 weeks, but given the time-sensitive nature of our situation, James said they would try to put a rush on the order. We got the call to schedule our installation about 5 weeks later. The installation crew came in and were very efficient in swapping the windows out. They cleaned up, demo'd the windows before they left and even gave us some Champion-brand window cleaner.

Description of Work
Replace broken windows

Work Completed On 12/01/2017

09/25/2017

Deborah A.

The 2 fellows that showed up to install it knew if you’re somebody like me and you have a completed house with a functioning back door, which was a big French door with a large transom over the top. People come within like 45 minutes, you now have a big hole in the back of your house where you can see framing, it makes me really nervous. At that point I can’t fix it, they had to put plastic over it. They found where we had water damage in the sub-floor and they fixed that at no extra charge. They did it the same day. As soon as they saw it the fellow said, “I can’t install thins door over the top of it.” This is part of the reason we were replacing the door, because the old door was leaking. He said, “in good conscientious I can’t replace it over bad flooring”. So, he replaced a little section of bad sub-floor, installed the door. The amazing thing was, what really stick in my mind was one of the fellow’s said, “this trim made be hard to match”, the trim that goes around the door, because the house is 7 years old. They reinstalled that same trim and you would think that when you pull trim away from the wall and everything that you’re going to have to repaint and everything. I never had to repaint, they had put that trim in exactly the way it was.

Description of Work
They replaced a back door and a transom.

Category flooring contractor, replacement windows, doors