Carolina Mold Experts

Founded 2008 • With Angi since April 2009

16800 BRANDON BROOK

Charlotte, NC 28277

We provide a complete contaminant management service for our residential and commercial clients. Our goal is to be your one stop shop for contaminate identification, remediation, putback and preventative control. From start to finish, our certifications combined with our 30 plus years of construction experience allow us to identify and resolve issues of all types. Certificate #CMRI0000001835 - Mold Inspector Certificate #CMR0000005480 - Mold Remediation...

06/30/2020

Steve O.

Nick was prompt and professional and his crew did an excellent job. I would consider them in the future.

Description of Work
Mold Remediation

06/09/2020

Sharon P.

I found mold behind wallpaper I was removing in my house. I called Carolina Mold Experts and spoke with Nick. He came to my home the next day and found a damp crawl space with standing water and some mold. He gave me a good estimate on cost of remediating the mold in crawl space area. It was dried up, cleaned and new barrier put down. The house was fogged and air ducts cleaned. I was very satisfied with all that was done. I would recommend Carolina Mold Experts and Nick and would hire again.

Description of Work
Mold Remediation

Category house cleaning, mold removal

05/24/2020

Jerry K.

As a repeat customer, Nick and his crew did a great job putting in the vapor barrier into my crawlspace. Even the home inspector commented to my realtor how professional the vapor barrier looked. I have used them twice already and would not hesitate to use them again. I definitely would recommend them and have to those who asked me for any leads in crawlspace encapsulation/mold removal.

Description of Work
Crawl space vapor barrier

Category basement waterproofing

05/14/2020

steve B.

I am a very pleased customer. My realtor recommended Nick and his company. Nick and team did a great job. After a year and a half passed, my crawl space developed an issue. Nick and team came back out to fix the minor issue at no expense. I only paid for the service call since it was a one hour drive to my house. If I should have any crawl space service needs, I'll be sure to contact Nick first. He has built a good relationship and is responsive. I would recommend Nick and his company for any mold or crawl space problems you may have. Thanks Nick and team!

Description of Work
mold remediation, crawl space encapsulation

Category house cleaning, basement waterproofing

03/27/2020

Bob A.

We were very pleased with all aspects of the project. Nick and Josh provided outstanding and very professional service reviewing and fixing the problem. We highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
mold testing and remediation

12/19/2019

Marianne G.

Nick was patient and very knowledgeable. I called Nick after hours and he spoke to me for 15 minutes on his way to dinner with his family. I was so appreciated he took the time to give me the advice I needed. He came promptly the next day and explained what my next steps should be. He was personable, patient and very thorough. I will be using him again and will recommend him to friends.

Description of Work
To inspect my crawlspace for mold.

10/11/2019

Greg W.

We were extremely happy with the job from start to finish. We were given a very reasonable quote from Nick. He was knowledgeable about our situation and answered many questions. The guys from the company came out and remedied the problem and were helpful in leading us to the next steps we needed to take in repairs. I would recommend Carolina Mold Experts to anyone I know!

Description of Work
Mold Remediation

Category remodeling, mold removal

08/31/2019

James N.

It went very well. Nick did everything he said he would, and ON TIME!

Description of Work
Install vapor barrier and treat crawl space for mold. They also installed a new crawl space door.

Category handyman service, doors, mold removal

07/02/2019

John and Carroll G.

The owner was very responsive to our initial call to him and came out quickly to inspect and test the area in question. We were very happy with the results from their cleaning and removal of the molded area! The owner and his workers were very nice and easy to work with. Would hire them again any time!

Description of Work
Mold removal in the drywall of an upstairs closet

06/26/2019

james F.

Nick was great! We were on a tight time frame and he accommodated us with ease!

Description of Work
Mold remediation

06/13/2019

Jerry K.

My final county inspection for my certificate of occupancy depended on getting my crawl space encapsulated. Carolina Mold Experts were able to get my crawl space encapsulation done in a timely manner and did a quality job for a reasonable price. The county inspector was impressed with the work! Got my CO and could not be any happier.

Description of Work
Crawl space encapsulation

06/04/2019

Douglas F.

Nick reviewed situation. Provided several options. Crew was flexible and easy to work with, completed work as expected. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Remediate /treat large crawlspace with mold areas, biocide fog treatment, improve vapor barrier, seal all vents, replace sump pumps, install dehumidifiers

05/14/2019

Kelsi O.

Nick was super helpful and informative from the start. They got me scheduled fast and were punctual and worked fast and efficiently. The crew communicated with me every step of the way with updates and pictures. I would definitely use them again and recommend them to anyone. Thanks guys!

Description of Work
Mold Remediation

01/28/2019

Regina L.

At first very good...But came to do the first step in diagnosis and did not tell us that the house would have to be empty for at least two hours. So, they were supposed to come back on that Friday to do the treatment...It is still not done over 2 weeks later. We spoke with the owner and since we decided to wait for the other work under the house and in the bathroom...he said it would be another $100.00 to come finish. So, we are out $500.00 and have a huge hole in the ceiling of our guest closet and both closets are empty the guest room is a wreck and we are having to make other arrangements treatment arrangements. Very Very frustrated and disappointed.

Description of Work
mold diagnosis and recommendation

Category mold removal

The client had a unique situation where mold was in the center of the home in closets and we were told nobody could determine from where the mold was coming. It was an utter mystery. After several phone calls, we agreed that I would inspect their home. I welcomed the challenge. I suspected a chase wall that may have mold coming from the HVAC system in the attic. We agreed to schedule time to open up the wall and investigate. I was told NOT to quote the repairs and drywall work because an insurance adjuster would be inspecting the project for a possible claim. Therefore we only quoted the demo, remediation, cleanup and disposal of contaminated drywall for only $500, a fair market price. All our estimates are itemized with all steps and details, nothing hidden. One of the items listed was to fog the contaminated area which requires all pets and people to leave the home for 2 hours per the EPA. This is the final step in the remediation process and after which, we also leave. This line item along with other details is on the very estimate the client approved, signed and emailed back to us. The demo and remediation were completed on the same day and didn't require a return trip. We performed the work on the estimate with the approval of the client and collected payment on our way out. We waited to hear from the client back on whether or not the insurance adjuster had given the go ahead to repair the walls but shortly thereafter received a bad review instead. We were asked to quote a job without including the repairs. We sent over a detailed estimate and it was approved, signed and sent back. We did the job and were paid for our services when we left. We did exactly what was expected of us. I had since made several attempts at contacting the client and have not heard back. Without communication, we can't assist if issues are perceived.

12/10/2018

Thomas P.

The work was completed in my absence. The oversight of the work did not appear to be particularly close. When I questioned the quality of the work, they resorted to a strict interpretation of the work order to support the result. Although it appears the work was compeleted, the interactions did not inspire confidence.

Description of Work
Mold mediation

12/09/2018

Marilyn G.

The owner explained our options and his procedures so that it was clear to us. The crew was extremely efficient and there was little disruption. Solved all our problems!

Description of Work
Mold abatement and closet restored

10/31/2018

Wendy J.

Nick and his team we're great! The work was completed in a reasonable time and they were very accommodating. Definitely recommend their services.

Description of Work
Mold removal

08/19/2018

Amy M.

I unexpectedly had a mold issue due to a water leak. Nick called me after hours to discuss the mold remediation process and my options. He was extremely knowledgable and put my mind at ease. David and Josh did all the remediation and repair work and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. They were respectful, good communicators, and did quality work, and they also cleaned up well after the project. Nick checked in to make sure I was fully satisfied before invoicing me, which I thought was a nice touch. If you need mold remediation and repair work, you won't be disappointed with Carolina Mold Experts.

Description of Work
Mold remediation and drywall repair

Category drywall, handyman service, remodeling, water damage restoration, interior painters, mold removal

06/25/2018

Raymond T.

Carolina Mold Experts came in, identified the issues, provided an easy to understand plan of action, and quickly remediated our mold problem. They helped keep our remodel project on schedule and gave us peace of minding knowing our issues were resolved.

Description of Work
Mold remediation during a kitchen remodel.

05/07/2018

Gail C.

They cleaned out and conditioned outlets crawl space. They were excellent. Just as importantly, when we ran into a problem 3 years later, they came out quickly and remedied the situation. No questions asked! They were FABULOUS!

Description of Work
Crawl space conditioning, French drains, dehumidifier, sump pump

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe, mold removal

05/04/2018

TRACY O.

Nick and his crew were excellent!!! He came out right away to check out the problem. He was flexible to accommodate my schedule for the work and helped us find the source of the problem. He was very courteous, professional, and knowledgeable. I thought his rates were also very reasonable too. I highly recommend!!!

Description of Work
A section of drywall in our lower level had mold growing on it.

04/07/2018

tanya C.

Nick was very professional, courteous and patient. Due to an unexpected situation, we did not use his services and have postponed work on the basement. Nick was cooperative about answering my questions, and responding quickly. When we decide to resume our work, we will call on his company for availability.

Description of Work
inspection for mold in basement

03/06/2018

Blandine M.

Nick was very professional and helpful. Definitely knew what he was talking about and gave some good advice.

Description of Work
Get some areas inspected for mold

02/23/2018

Greg P.

Work eventually done as promised-oversights were corrected. Good team effort.

Description of Work
Encapsulation of crawp space.

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal

02/21/2018

Mary P.

We called Nick 2 years after he performed a very thorough mold remediation estimate to obtain an updated estimate, given the time elapsed. He promptly returned our call, remembered our situation and has been working with us to get us what we need. We appreciate Nick's reliability, professionalism and follow-up.

Description of Work
An update of a mold remediation estimate performed years ago

Pauls Hauling and Services LLC

We install hot mix asphalt for driveways and parking lots, we also deliver stone/gravel material, fill dirt, topsoil, mulch and more! We provide small/medium job bobcat grading and spreading services. Contact us now to get yourself a quote!

Artistic Colors Painting

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in painting services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Gutter World

Gutter World has been in business for over 14 years , with offices in three states NC, SC, and OH. The company is built on family values and integrity. We offer quality service at an affordable price. Contact us today about an estimate! 5% discount offered to Military and Seniors.

Offers by Gutter World on Angi
    MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa

Residential and commercial mold inspections, mold remediation, crawl space clean-up vapor barrier installation, complete crawl space encapsulation, duct repair, french drains, sump pumps, water intrusion management, drywall repair, plumbing, electrical, insulation and ventilation, window and door flashing and correction, trim installation, painting, kitchen and bath upgrades, flooring, tiling, decks, and much more.