Bob Furr Wallpapering & Painting Inc

Founded 1986 • With Angi since January 2000

4.4

3801 Miriam Dr

Charlotte, NC 28205

Bob Furr Wallpapering & Painting Inc is a leading provider to the Charlotte area of interior and exterior painting services for both commercial and residential projects. Services also include wallpapering for homes in Charlotte....

03/09/2022

Will S.

Fantastic work. Phenomenal craftsmen, very clean, very responsive and extremely fair. Loved working with BF. Would recommend to everyone.

Description of Work
Cabinet painting. Wall painting and wallpaper hung

Category wallpaper removal, wallpaper, interior painters

Thank you for the kind works. Look forward to working with you in the future.

04/12/2017

JoAnn P.

Great job, very professional.

Description of Work
Wall prep and wall papering. Ceiling wall and trim painting

10/26/2015

Beth L.

I attempted to call and schedule the service. I placed at least seven (7) phone calls in an attempt to schedule. I received ONE return call at approximately 4:00 pm in the afternoon asking if they could come at 8am the next morning. When I received the message at 5:15 pm, and called back there was no answer. Subsequent calls were unacknowledged and unreturned. Very disappointing and very unprofessional.

Description of Work
Furr was recommended to me by my interior designer. After promptly coming out to give me an estimate on my powder room for stripping and re-wallpapering, I attempted to call and schedule an appointment for the work to be done.

Category wallpaper removal, wallpaper, interior painters

05/14/2015

Virginia W.

I really love them! The highest quality work. They do an excellent job!

Description of Work
They did crown molding, painting, painted wood panels in my bathroom, and wallpaper in 2 bathrooms.

03/02/2015

Kimberly C.

Excellent! The workman primed out red color walls, painted a green color - similar to the wallpaper and then hung grass cloth wallpaper. They did this over two days in a living room and dining room. The workman were prompt, did excellent work and cleaned up after themselves. They are experts at their craft, making sure to that seams in the wallpaper were proportionate around the room - to ensure that the final product was pleasing to the eye.

Description of Work
Primed, painted a base coat of paint and hung grass cloth wallpaper.

06/27/2014

Laura T.

07/19/2013

Susan B.

the two gentleman were extremely polite and on time. They went straight to work and just took a small break for lunch and went right back to it. They were extremely neat and cleaned everything up. And even took the time to paper the light switches which was a nice touch.

Description of Work
wall papered kitchen

01/04/2013

Virginia W.

I just wanted say thank you to this company. The men doing the painting really did an excellent job. Every time I turned around they were painting with meticulous care. It made me feel good about my choice. The price was higher but they spent a lot of time being careful and paying a lot of attention to detail. It was a lot of work and they did it all really well. I was very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
They put up & painted crown molding in every room. They also painted a couple rooms & all the trim - doors & everything. They also wallpapered two bathrooms.

10/05/2012

Kimberly C.

They were prompt, did a good job and left everything tidy.

Description of Work
This team removed wallpaper from a bathroom, cleaned the walls, rehung new wallpaper, and rehung towel bars and shelves. T

01/28/2012

Joe W.

Great!

Description of Work
Bob Furr's crew did some painting to repair a small section of our ceiling following a roof leak. They were extremely helpful and courteous, and did a very professional, high quality job. They even helped move all of the furniture back in to the room after they had finished their painting work.

05/03/2011

ELLICE L.

Very pleased with Bob Furr and those that work for company. Excellent service and workmanship.

Description of Work
Remove wallpaper in hallway and bathroom and prepare walls for the new wallpaper. Excellent customer services, very skilled and pleasant workmen. Would highly recommend this company.

Category wallpaper removal, wallpaper

01/17/2011

Catherine B.

Very prompt and professional. Did a great job hanging the wallpaper and cleaning up the site. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Wallpapered a bathroom.

10/31/2008

NANCY M.

They came out to look at the bathroom while it was under construction, and he was very specific about what needed to be done before he could do the work. They were very responsive, and came out when they said they would. They were very professional, and they e-mailed a very specific and detailed quote so we would have it on hand. They made sure that everything was ready before the work, such as having the wallpaper available. They missed a switch plate that wasn't on the wall, and I called them about it, and they were out first thing the next morning to fix it. They even said that they would've picked up the switch plate for us, but we had already gotten it. They were very detail oriented, and were very good about communicating.

Description of Work
He wallpapered our bathroom about a month or two ago.

05/27/2008

louise H.

I bought some of the paint myself that they didn't reimburse me for. I was suppose to receive samples before the work started and they never came with those. I had to do it myself. I had to drive from one end of Charlotte to the other to get the the specific paint store they used. They complained they used three coats of paint to cover the wood on the bookshelf but they didn't sand it properly so the paint wasn't sticking. They did a shoddy job. I had another painter come in to fix their mistakes. I would never use them again nor would I recommend them.

Description of Work
I have a 3000 square foot condo that I had Robert's company wallpaper and paint. He contracted the work for $18000. I was not happy with all the work that was done so I contacted Mr. Furr. I told him I would pay him all but $1000 and assumed he was a man of his word and would come back and fix the areas I thought needed more work. Since that day I haven't been able to get a hold of Mr. Furr. He refused my phone calls. I sent him a certified letter to his home and he didn't respond to that either. (Note - not all the work they did was horrible but the few spots that needed extra attention were not attended to properly.)

03/14/2007

ANITA T.

They were wonderful. The workmen and the foreman did a great job. They actually did spill a little paint, but sent someone right out to take care of it. Everything was done with absolute dependability and I have nothing bad I could possibly say about them.

Description of Work
They painted two small rooms, a larger rooms, two halls, and three big rooms. They also painted a stairway. This also extensive prep work and clean up as well.

01/04/2007

BETH J.

He was 3 hours late for the initial appointment to measure, which started things off on a not so pleasant note. I've tried for 3 weeks to get an estimate out of him. I've called, and he never followed through. He will tell me the estimate will be here in a few days, but it hasn't.

Description of Work
I contacted him for an estimate. He did come out and measure.

11/30/2005

LEIF A.

THE QUALITY OF WORK WAS FINE, BUT THE COMMUNICATION COULD BE BETTER. THE PRICE DID MATCH THE ESTIMATE THEY PREPARED BEFORE WE HIRED THEM. THE QUALITY OF WORK WAS FINE, BUT THE BIGGEST ISSUE WITH THEM WAS THEIR FAILURE TO RETURN MY WIFE'S PHONE CALLS WHEN ATTEMPTING TO SCHEDULE THE WORK. WE WERE ABOUT READY TO MOVE TO ANOTHER CONTRACTOR WHEN THEY FINALLY CONTACTED US TO SCHEDULE THE WORK.

Description of Work
THEY REMOVED WALLPAPER AND INSTALLED NEW WALLPAPER IN ONE BATHROOM AND INSTALLED WALLPAPER IN A SECOND BATHROOM.

11/28/2001

SHERYL J.

THE QUALITY WAS GOOD AND I COULD TELL THEY WANTED ME TO BE SATISFIED, BUT IT WAS HARD TO GET SOME PARTS OF THE JOB FINISHED BECAUSE THEY HAD TO PULL SOME OF THE GUYS OFF MY JOB TO GO TO ANOTHER JOB. COMMUNICATION WAS POOR.

Description of Work
WALLPAPER REMOVAL, PAINTED WALLS & CABINETS

11/28/2001

SHERYL J.

Description of Work
REMOVED WALLPAPER, PAINTED WALLS & CABINETS.

Category wallpaper removal

05/22/2001

MARY M.

KEPT PUTTING OFF START DATE AND THEN NEVER SHOWED OR CALLED. BLAMED MEMBER FOR DELAYS.

Description of Work
INTERIOR PAINTING--NOT DONE. STRIPPED WALLPAPER FROM 2 SMALL BATHROOMS

01/14/2000

JOANN & JIM L.

Description of Work
DID A MAJOR JOB AND DID A GREAT JOB. WHEN I HAD A COLOR PROBLEM, THEY HANDELED IT VERY WELL.

Artistic Colors Painting

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in painting services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

RCpainting

INTERIOR PAINTING cover furniture before commencing your paint project. STAINING CABINETS REMOVE POPCORN CEILING WALLPAPER REMOVAL DRYWALL REPAIR EXTERIOR PAINT DECKS FENCE STAIN DOORS PRESSURE WASHING Free Estimate

Capital Painting Group

100% Thrilled with our service or you don't pay!!! Full Service Interior and Exterior Painting. Our crews are the BEST IN CHARLOTTE! We are the preferred Painting Contractor for some of Charlotte's Largest Real Estate Firms and Property Management Companies. We also Paint Cabinets as well. Three (3) room minimum Please. Residential & Commercial Service.

Offers by Capital Painting Group on Angi

Wallpaper installation, removal, and repairs, interior and exterior painting, house painting, wall hanger, sheetrock and plaster & repairs.

Flooring & window.