Bill Truitt Wood Works Inc

Founded 1974 • With Angi since November 2011

2.8

3124 W Trade St B

Charlotte, NC 28216

Additional e-mail - truittww@bellsouth.net....

04/17/2020

Polly M.

We went on a Dilworth Tour of Homes many years ago and one home had the most lovely award-winning cabinets. I decided to use this company because I was willing to pay top dollar for what I thought was the best cabinet maker in town. Boy was I wrong! We had inset cabinets built and the woodwork is fine but the paint job is horrific. After install, they said my other contractors had damaged the paint. They did come in an perform a light spray but the paint job is the worst I've ever seen. We basically have been in the home less than 2 years and the paint is chipping everywhere. The owner had the nerve to say well a busy home with lots of activity and kids will cause some wear and tear. Later we found out Bill Truitt doesn't even own the company any more. Obviously the new owner doesn't have standards We are empty nesters! Only 2 people live in this house and we don't even cook very much. They did come to touch up a few times but basically the paint chips off all the time and my very expense kitchen cabinets look horrible. Also, I have one cabinet that smells so bad that I can't even use the glasses in there. I am VERY disappointed. Eventually (when we have a lot of money) we will have to hire another company to completely repaint them. Do NOT use this company!

Description of Work
Brand new cabinets for a small kitchen.

01/14/2007

LAWRENCE & NICHOLE S.

He came out promptly and gave an estimate promptly and then went downhill from there. His estimate for the back hall bench was too high, but we asked him to do the bathroom cabinet. He responded by saying if we weren't doing both projects he didn't want to be bothered, and would get back to me when he felt like it, trying to intimidate me. Needless to say, his emails were rude and he never got back to us. At that point, we wouldn't have given him our business anyway. Just thought potential customers should be warned that he starts off friendly enough, but he turns into a "holier than thou" jerk. STAY AWAY!!!

Description of Work
He was asked for an estimate on building/installing a back hall bench and bathroom cabinet ($5000).

Category custom cabinets

I DISAGREE WITH HER ASSERTIONS ABOUT ANY INTIMIDATION OR RUDENESS. FURTHER, I RESENT BEING CALLED A "JERK" BY THIS WOMAN. OUR ESTIMATE WAS FAIR FOR THE WORK SHE WANTED DONE. THERE WAS NO PROBLEM EVER FROM THIS END. I BELIEVE SHE HAS NO IDEA OF WHAT SKILLED LABOR COSTS. SHE MAY SEEK THESE SERVICES ELSEWHERE.

04/24/2006

PEGGY L.

Excellent, excellent wood worker. I think he could do anything. Truly, absolute top of the line quality. He was fantastic. He made the entire cabinet box and doors (all solid oak). He let me check the boards he used before he made the cabinets and get the color I wanted (stain). He also furnished and installed the countertops. There was one mismeasurement and a drawer wouldn't open. He was out within two hours at my house apologizing and came up with a solution to take care of the problem. I think the problem was with the specs on the slide-in oven and his solution, I think, was even prettier than the original plan. The price included everything but electrical and plumbing.

Description of Work
Handmade oak kitchen cabinets (and installation) with crown molding in entire kitchen and countertop furnish/installation.

Category custom cabinets

THANK YOU. WE WOULD BE GLAD TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY FOR MORE WORK WITH THE MEMBER.

Closets By Design

Closets By Design is a family owned & operated business. We offer FREE in home consultations with one of our experienced designers who will customize designs to fit your organizational needs.

Bergen's Contracting & Repair Inc

Since 1992 Bergen's Contracting & Repair, Inc has provided quality workmanship and excellent customer service to Charlotte and the surrounding areas. Home improvements and home repairs are our specialty. We offer the convenience of having one company perform both painting and repairs without the hassle of coordinating two companies to get the job done. We service the following areas: Charlotte, Pineville, Ballantyne, Matthews, Harrisburg, Monroe, Huntersville, Cornelius, Fort Mill, Tega Cay, Lake Wylie, and Rock Hill.

Nicholas Tile & Bath

Nicholas Tile & Bath is a Turn-Key residential bathroom remodeling and renovation company serving Lake Norman, Davidson, Cornelius, Huntersville, Mooresville, Statesville and surrounding areas of North Carolina. Nicholas Tile & Bath is committed to providing our clients with outstanding customer service and the finest craftsmanship in the industry. We use only the highest quality materials and guarantee all our work with an industry leading two year warranty with a scheduled follow up inspection six months after project completion. Whatever your bathroom renovation, remodeling, or custom tile installation needs may be, you can count on Nicholas Tile & Bath to deliver unsurpassed service, quality, and craftsmanship. We use only top quality materials, we employ only the most professional mechanics and provide the best service in the industry. We can add beauty and value to your existing home or new construction project. Contact us today to request a free estimate.

Design, manufacture, finish and install custom cabinetry, woodworking & furniture, architectural millwork & moldings, wood touch up & furniture refinishing.

Plumbing, electrical, structural, demolition, flooring, stone, counter tops & inspections.