B & W Building Contractors

Founded 1998 • With Angi since March 2012

2703 Bramble Ridge Ct

Charlotte, NC 28215

B&W Building Contractors Inc. has 14 years of experience, Residential & Commercial, Interior & Exterior Painting, Designer Painting, Demolition & Cleaning Services, Acustic Drywall, Ceiling Fans, Crown Molding and the list go on!...

12/14/2015

Donna C.

he did a good job, but he did not replace my outlet covers

Description of Work
My foyer, living room, dinning room were painted

04/02/2014

KEN B.

He removed the wallpaper and also gave me a quote to remove additional wallpaper & repair the wall but never responded. I would not likely use him again because he did not reply.

Description of Work
I purchased the Big Deal to have wallpaper removed in a bathroom.

Category wallpaper removal

03/10/2014

Barbara M.

I have not been able to use the deal yet. I talked to Mr. Lopez on June 3, 2013 and he said he would honor it when I was able to get the work done. He was very nice on the phone. I have recently called him and I hope to get it taken care of soon.

Description of Work
Drywall or plaster repair deal.

Category drywall, plastering

03/03/2014

Stacey R.

Excellent job! He was on time, helpful and cheerful.

Description of Work
Repaired cracks in plaster walls.

Category plastering

08/28/2013

Katherine G.

I purchased coupon for drywall/plaster repair in January, 2013. I called and emailed the owner four times and he has not responded.

Description of Work
Nothing. I've tried contacting him 4 times and have never received a response.

08/13/2013

Norma R.

Everything went well with this provider (Bruno). I contacted him to schedule a time to meet and get an estimate. He was very accomodating with my crazy schedule. I found his price to be very fair and so we agreed to a time and date to get the work done. I had several water stains on the ceiling that needed to be fixed. They were in key rooms (family,kitchen, and bath). I was worried that Bruno was not going to be able to touch up the stains and I would be stuck having to paint the whole ceiling. He assured me everything would be fine and it was! He called me the next day to make sure everything was fine and see if i was happy with his work. I was defintely happy! Bruno was pleasnt,hard working and professional. I have already spoken to him about future work and have given his name to friends.

Description of Work
I had water stains on the celing of my living room,bathroom, half bath, and kitchen that he repaired. He was also nice enough to repair a couple of slats on my fence.

Category drywall, fencing, woodworking, interior painters

08/03/2013

Randolph W.

I called his (Bruno Lopez) phone at 704-622-5538 and he said he was busy and was working and he could see me that Saturday at 10 and to send a text message to that number with my details. I did that and he never showed at 10 or called. I called him about 10:45 and asked where he was and he said I was not on the scheduled but looking at his text messages he had my information. We then set a met time for Saturday at 2. He showed up on time, looked around about 15 minutes and told me another worker will contact me and look over the job in more detail. I asked Bruno about the Angie's list and he said he was not a member any longer, it was too expensive to be a member and he would not take the 10% off coupon. The other worker called a few days later, we set up a date and time, but he never showed or called.

Description of Work
Briefly look over my addition project.

07/15/2013

joel H.

I would like to commend this service provider for going above and beyond my expectations. He ran down cracks in the sheetrock well beyond the height restrictions stated in the deal. The repairs requested took longer than the allotted time and he stayed over without complaint. The complaint in quality of work is due to paint "bleeding" I assume due to humidity in the separate shower room of my master bath. It's needs to be understood I sealed with Kilz and painted myself after allowing adequate cure time. The "bleeding" only occurred in the shower room and only where he had applied the joint compound. Where the compound wasn't used there was no bleeding even in the high humidity area. I can only assume the quick set (45 minute) joint compound used is not adequate for high humidity areas. I would definitely use this contractor again but would request a different product be used in such areas.

Description of Work
Sheetrock repair.

07/04/2013

Cathie M.

Mr. Lopez was punctual, neat, and professional and personable.. He did a complete job and cleaned-up after the work.

Description of Work
Patched and spackled dry wall damage and replaced a closet door.

06/20/2013

Robin H.

I initially had a yellowish gold color on my walls. They only put one coat of light blue paint over the walls. I can still see the yellowish gold color through the blue paint. None of the trimming has been done throughout the house. I also advised Id like the air bubbles removed and was willing to buy the material to do so. He advised he had the equipment to smooth the bubbles out so I didn't need to purchase the material. I still have those air bubbles in my walls. At around 2:00 he advised he had to go and do another job. I then told him he wasn't supposed to be finished here until 3:00. He told me he would come back within a hour or so. I gave the men $20.00 for lunch and they went on about their way. He never showed up until the next day. When he came out the next day he told me that because two men were working instead of one Id owe an additional $199.00. He also wanted me to sign a form for Angies List for his good work. I advised Id be more than happy to sign the paperwork after the job was completed to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
They came and painted 3 rooms. They also painted the ceilings in my front room, dining room, and a portion of my kitchen.

Category drywall, interior painters

06/10/2013

Vernon R.

He was prompt and timely. Finished the work and cleaned up.

Description of Work
Removed wallpaper and fixed drywall in the ceiling

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

06/07/2013

Julie J.

My husband was here instead of me, and they wanted more money at the end of the service. My husband tried to give them a $100 more, and they would not take it. They wanted like a check for $200 more. We never sent them a check. It was two people, and even though I told them several times that the ceiling was high, they did not bring a ladder. They had to leave again and come back with a ladder. Those two things were pretty disappointing, but when they did it, they did a good job. I think there is a miscommunication when you call them. I think they speak Spanish, and they agree or act like they understand everything over the phone, and when they get here, they have not understood. There were disappointing things, but they had done a good job at the end of the day. It was supposed to be a good price, but then they asked for more. They tried to say something that was not even in the contract, something like the dimensions of the room, something was on there that he claimed that was not on there.

Description of Work
B & W Building Contractors painted our living room and the attached hall way.

06/02/2013

dan S.

Mr. Bruno Lopez showed up on time understood exactly what was to be done and did it in a timely and professional manner. He took great care in making sure all of our flooring and property were properly protected . This was a part of the job I was very concerned about and Mr. Lopez took care of it .Everything went great , I have already recommended Mr. Lopez to friends .

Description of Work
We did a total remodel and had Mr. Lopez remove textured ceilings, sanding, taping, painting, staining wood in house & installing skylights complete with roofing also did great trim work in kitchen, base and 1/4 round, after seeing the quality of his work we decided to have him do our travertine tile backsplash in our new kitchen and he did a great job. He also did some cedar siding for us.

Category ceramic tile, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

05/28/2013

Michelle S.

Asked them to paint my stairwell as I cannot reach the top of it myself as well as the stair risers and molding - he told me he would fix a broken bit of the trim and clean up the damaged/cracked caulking before painting. Instead of removing caulking like a professional, he caulked over cracked caulking and painted. The spent more time "prepping" for paint, very little time actually painting. Part of the problem was my fault in that had my mom babysitting the house & painters while I was at work so she didn't know how to manage them having never hired professional painters before herself. In defense they were supposed to be professional painters so they shouldn't have had to be babysat. I had two different but similar paint colors (I purchased new paint prior to painters coming). I clearly marked on the paint cans which color was for which room. They did a hall way I didn't ask for them to paint but than ran out of paint on a wall we had agreed they would paint, he went to buy new paint, used it and proceeded to try to charge me for it via my mom. Needless to say I called him and told him if he thought he was coming back to collect the money for the paint he was out of his mind. Got a call from my mom that they wanted to use my sinks for cleaning brushes, I said "no". Found out later they proceed to use the toilets. Never had a painter who did not bring his own paint cleaner bucket (as I was under the impression you are not supposed to rinse paint brushes into a regular drain?!). I asked my mom to ask him to finish the room when the time was up and he said it would cost $600. I said no thank you. Came home, spent $65 more on paint and painted it myself - it took me a petite, overworked & tired 40 year old 4 hours. They wanted $600 for what would have been no more than 2 hours of work for 2 people?! RIP OFF ALERT! I am disappointed with this company and will think twice about ever buying Angies list coupon again in the future.

Description of Work
Bought a painting certificate - good for something like 6 hours of painting (2 painters). Had them come for an estimate, as well as to schedule a return date.

05/15/2013

Loretta H.

We had roof damage to our home which caused interior damages. We searched and spoke with several contractors but could not make a decision. We finally joined angie's list and began our search, after speaking w/several contractors, we decided to choose B & W Building Contractors. After inspecting the damage, he discovered that there was additional wood damage inside the walls & needed replacing from the roof leak. He replaced all the rotten wood & sheetrock, repaired the ceiling w/new sheetrock & popcorn coating, primed & repainted(color of our chose) entire living room walls, that was also damaged. Work was done & completed in a timely and professional manner. We will definitely call on B&W again.

Description of Work
B & W Building Contractors went far and beyond the call of duty to provide us with the excellent and professional services that he promised us. He treated our home as if it was his own home. We are truly glad that we joined Angies's List. We are always telling friends and family about the excellent experience we had with "Bruno" owner of B & W Building Contractors. We will definitely call on B & W Building Contractors for future projects on our home. Keep up the good work "Bruno." Jesse & Loretta Harris wants to personally thank you again. Keep up the good work!!!!!

Category drywall, plastering, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters

05/11/2013

James D.

He arrived on time and did an outstanding job.

Description of Work
Repaired holes in drywall, repaired ceiling over shower

05/07/2013

Lisa H.

Bruno come on time. He did a great job and was very professional. I would call him again.

Description of Work
Had wallpaper removed from 2 bathrooms.

Category wallpaper removal

05/03/2013

Haly L.

I bought the deal for 4 hours of dry wall repair for $100. Scheduling was straight forward and easy. I received a call back promptly. Bruno and his worker arrived just a few minutes late. I pointed out some areas in my house where the dry wall tape was lifting and we agreed it was because the previous contractor had done it incorrectly. I thought Bruno was going to remove the tape and do it right but when the job was finished, he'd just plastered over the lifting spots. One spot immediately lifted after he left but to be fair I didn't call him and ask him to fix it. It's hard to complete a dry wall project in one day because of dry time so there was still sanding left for me to do. I'd give their work a B grade because there were plaster spots I had to redo. When he was finished he mentioned he did stucco repair and I showed him an exterior area that needed fixing. He quoted me a fair price and I asked him to let me know when he could return to do that. Maybe he forgot because I never heard back from him.

Description of Work
Drywall repair

Category drywall, plastering

04/18/2013

Stacey R.

The service was excellent overall! They were absolutely top-notch. They showed up on time, were friendly, and very knowledgeable. They were very helpful and professional! They were also careful to hang up plastic curtains so there was no dust in the house. Excellent experience, well worth the money!

Description of Work
They removed a popcorn ceiling and repaired some cracks. We purchased a Big Deal for the service.

Category drywall, remodeling

04/01/2013

Laura K.

I bought the big deal and called them and evaluate the job(materials model) it took 3 hours looks great.

Description of Work
A sections & drywall beside shower in master bathroom repaired.

Category drywall, remodeling

03/29/2013

Julie J.

On time good job quick & clean no breaks !

Description of Work
Painting of main room & hall high ceiling.

03/27/2013

Darrell J.

went excellent - we are happy with service

Description of Work
removal of wall paper (about 4 feet from top to bottom) in an avg. size bedroom remainder of time patched hole in walls

Category plastering, wallpaper removal, interior painters

03/22/2013

Sarah S.

Save your money and either complete the drywall repair yourself or use someone else.

Description of Work
Drywall repair in a house getting ready to be re-painted. After living there for seven years with children there were several drywall issues throughout the house.

02/19/2013

JAMES and Pam B.

Great job! Will return on 2/2/2013 to sand.

Description of Work
Had drywall repair done.

02/11/2013

Melissa or Michael W.

Bruno arrived on time and performed work as described above. Bruno did an awesome job. Cleaned up when done.

Description of Work
Repaired damaged drywall and tape in four rooms. Retaped where needed and sanded to paint ready.