Archadeck of Charlotte

Founded 1988 • With Angi since May 2000

4.1

8334 Arrowridge Blvd Suite I.

Charlotte, NC 28273

We pride ourselves on quality materials and workmanship with great customer service and we back up our work! We boast more references and satisfied customers by far more than anyone in the Carolinas! We have an updated showroom for our customers to get design ideas and make material selections. We

10/07/2020

Peter B.

Working with this company has been an extremely frustrating experience. Sign a contract with Archadeck on May 18th for a screened-in porch and patio. On October 7th, all we have so far is a muddy back yard and partially framed porch. The ceiling on the porch was supposed to have exposed rafters. On 9/14, their electrical contractor drilled holes through the rafters and left wires hanging down. This could have easily been avoided if the project manager had been on-site when the electrical sub was there. Nearly a month later and we are still waiting for them to fix that issue. At this point, I don't have a realistic timeline for when someone will show up to start working again, or when they expect to finish this project. Their project management tool buildertrend.net is not accurate. The calendar published doesn't match the work to be done, and people rarely respond to questions posted through it. Not a company that I would recommend to anyone at this point.

Description of Work
Screened in Porch and Patio

Category awnings, decks, patios

04/20/2020

Kathy T.

Worst possible experience and deplorable customer service! It took them 20 weeks to complete a job that they promised would be done in 3 days. I could go on and on but it would take way too much time! Just do yourself a favor and do not use this company!

Description of Work
16 foot non blood bearing wall with windows

Category decks, replacement windows, home builders, sunrooms

02/24/2020

Christine G.

We had a number of issues leading me to write this review. These issues include: - Deposit was placed in September with an expected start/completion date of November. The project was not started until mid-December and was not fully completed until mid-February. - Being told this entire project would take between 5 and 8 days. This project was started on December 16 and was not finished until February 14, which was a total project timeline of 60 days. - We were invoiced for “Deck Completion” two weeks before the deck was complete (no stairs, unfinished railings, deck skirt not finished). - Our friends had an Archadeck project performed at their house, which began on a Monday in mid-January and was completed on that same Wednesday. During the time their project was being completed, no one showed up at our house to complete our job which was started over a month prior and still unfinished. - After having no one show up to our house for weeks due to multiple failed footing inspections and the holiday break, the hardscape team began their portion of the project by ringing our doorbell at 5:50AM on a Thursday morning to get access to our backyard, waking up our infant daughter. I would absolutely not recommend Archadeck due to their inability to manage this project and complete the project in a timely manner. I have recently told friends who are thinking of getting their deck redone to search for other companies.

Description of Work
Deck and Patio renovation

Category decks, hardscaping

04/11/2019

Jeffrey L.

We have had a number of neighbors inquire about our screened porch to sunroom conversion project, and we cannot recommend Archadeck. An 8 week project took 12 weeks to complete, with the first half moving in SLOW motion. A good portion of that delay was due to window delivery, which Archadeck blamed on the supplier (Andersen/Home Depot). The contract with Archadeck was signed on 08/17/2018, the project began on 11/30/2018, the windows were manufactured on 11/21/2018, and were delivered here on 12/21/2018. The windows should have been ordered much earlier so as not to delay the project as much as they did. Running out of materials (or having excess materials) became an all too common theme. But the end result is that we have a lovely sunroom. But we will never enjoy it "as much as we should" because we will always know that a significant issue that was called out by us VERY EARLY on, and could have/should have been fixed, was not. And the carpenter and project manager CHOSE TO ignore it and our concerns and push forward, and we didn't say STOP! The lead carpenter who did some work at the very end of the project said it best when the issue was mentioned to him. "You shouldn't have even had to ask. It should have just been fixed." Lastly, sometime shortly after we made the final payment shown on Archadeck's invoice system, the amount due was increased by $1,000. Assuming that that figure didn't change on its own, it would have been appropriate for someone there to pick up the phone and acknowledge that the original final invoice had undercharged us by $1,000. Instead, our final payment was shown as a "partial payment" that I spotted on my own and called them.

Description of Work
Screened porch to sunroom conversion

Category decks, replacement windows

10/18/2018

brad G.

Archadeck is a first rate professional operation that delivers on what they say they re going to do, a rarity in today's world. I would highly recommend their company for your deck or porch!

Description of Work
They built a deck for us

Category decks

Thank you for the kind words, [Member Name Removed].

09/29/2018

Shawn H.

Looked great until a roof leak caused severe damage to interior ceiling, walls, and floors. Outdoor Living Brands and Archadeck warranty response after Hurricane Florence has been disappointing on many fronts. I expected they would remedy the water damage. Unfortunately, the headaches and remedial contracting bills are only increasing in amount and frustration. I advise other homeowners to avoid Outdoor Living Brands warranty and Archadeck because they won’t stand behind the work they were paid well to do. You can tell when someone is acting in good faith to solve a problem and take responsibility for mistakes - and when they are trying to do everything avoid culpability. I hope nobody else has to deal with this type of situation with Archadeck & Outdoor Living Brands.

Description of Work
Screened patio

Category decks, roofing, hardscaping, outdoor kitchens

Unfortunately, natural disasters like Hurricane Florence can bring as much fraud to the Carolinas as it can rain. This client of ours had an unfortunate roof leak after the hurricane and 1 year after we had completed his porch project. Since the leak was fairly close to where the porch tied into the house, the homeowner assumed the leak was related to the porch. As a free service, we sent out crews to this house on 3 separate occasions to do water testing. We tested many areas of the roof with constant water for an extended period of time and could not reproduce the leaking. Just before our guys left they noticed a large hole in the mortar of the existing brick right above the leak. We put water into this hole and it started leaking into the house immediately. It was obvious where the leak was coming from, and we reported our findings to the homeowners. Unsatisfied with the result, this client went on every website he could find to bad mouth our reputation in hopes we would pay for the damage caused by the hole in his brick, something that objectively had nothing to do with Archadeck. Shortly after posting these negative reviews he offered to remove them if we would pay him "roughly $4-5k." There's always the other side of the story, and we hope you'll hear ours. If there was a legitimate issue and we were at fault, we would be paying for the repair without question. We are by no means a flawless company, but we back up our work every. single. time. Since I am unable to post pictures as a part of this response, I have created a website to show our findings: [Information Removed]

06/03/2018

William H B.

Archadeck surpassed our greatest expectations: building a beautiful three season porch with excellent craftsmanship... Neighbors and friends have complimented us on our beautiful new addition. We couldn't be more pleased!

Description of Work
New three season porch replacing existing deck

12/27/2017

Claudia D.

After years of stretching out the life of our deck, we finally decided it was time to take it down and replace it. We received several proposals but didn’t feel it was right until our meeting with Mark Norton from Archadeck. He carefully listened to us, inspected the aging deck and the property, and then sketched out our custom Sun Porch / Deck design—exactly what we were looking for and more. From that first planning meeting to the day of finishing touch-ups to the stain, it has been a fantastic experience! The Archadeck crews were always professional, courteous and accommodating to every suggestion or concern we had as we watched our dream addition being built. Anyone who enters our home now is absolutely blown away by the quality and impact of the deck, and we continue to be thrilled with how this has improved our home.

Description of Work
Tear down the existing deck (built in 1982) and replace with a Sun Porch, Side Deck, and Lower Deck (with a Hot Tub)

Category decks, roofing

12/22/2017

Kathleen T.

This is the worst contractor I have ever dealt with, and would not recommend anyone use them. We signed the contract in May 2017, and they had a backlog of work so the estimated time frame given to us was mid-August. We hit a week before the work was supposed to be done, and still no communication from the project manager. This began a series of communication issues throughout the project. While the overall quality of the work was OK, I had to constantly call and follow up because things promised to us were not happening. They didn't take the demo materials away when they said they would, had to follow up multiple times on when the person staining the railing was coming, multiple follow ups on the lighting guy, calls to get excess materials moved out of my yard, etc. Many times I would not get calls back, or be told that things would be taken care of and they were not, and so then had to follow up again. This went on for several weeks past the initial construction of the deck. And a month after the deck was finished, we had railing coming up that had not been fastened properly and it took even more time and phone calls to get someone out to fix it. I honestly don't know what the project manager did, because I was acting as project manager the entire time to get things finished. This experience was a nightmare. I would never use them again, and have told neighbors asking for deck contractor recommendations to stay away from Archadeck.

Description of Work
Removal of old wood deck and build out new deck with Trex materials.

07/31/2017

Laura M.

We had them come out and give us an estimate but we did not use them.It was a specific thing we were looking for, it was nothing they did. We don't have the need.

Description of Work
They provided a free estimate.

07/10/2017

John D.

They visited our home on several occasions and brought in several specialists to help determine the best solution to the fireplace venting issue. Once a plan had been agreed upon by all parties; work started and was completed in just 4 days at no cost to us. We are very pleased with their commitment to ensuring that we were completely satisfied with the various repairs. Archadeck exceeded all our expectations.

Description of Work
Archadeck of Charlotte enclosed our deck. Their work and the appearance of the updated porch were outstanding. Several months later we discovered there was a venting problem associated with our fireplace which was connected to the enclosed porch. We contacted Archadeck to resolve this problem under their warranty program.

Category decks, fireplaces, sunrooms

05/11/2017

Beverly G.

Will never use this company or recommend them.

Description of Work
Gentleman came out to give estimates for a addition to house. He was to send idemized quote within a few days. We are over a month and he has not contacted us.

04/26/2017

Keith B.

How did it go? Terrible. I contacted Archadeck shortly after closing this past summer and was told that the warranty on the deck is non-transferable, nor was the warranty on the material. Yes I needed to write this sooner, but the failure of the stair tread, and subsequent discovery of rot after a family member was nearly injured by a rolled stair tread was the last straw. In short, due to poor engineering, work practices, craftsmanship, and lack of after support I would not contract Archadeck build a chicken-coup. I have also decided to alert the Veterans Administration to their non transfer of warranty policy in an attempt to protect other vets.

Description of Work
I purchased a home with an already installed deck manufactured by Archadeck. The house was built in 2009, the deck was installed during construction I assume. In the process of obtaining VA financing an inspection was performed during which some deficiencies in the deck were pointed out, namely a railing had bowed so badly the screws had broken or pulled out completely, and the deck needed to be power washed and stained per VA requirements. I repaired the railing and addressed the issue of power washing and staining. However, in the process prepping and staining the deck I found several more deficiencies, the newel post at the top of the stairs was a 4x4 with a 2x2 notched out of it, then bolted in place with 2 lag bolts, 90 degrees apart and passing trough the post into end grain of the deck joists, needless to say it would lean out about 20 degrees, the center post for the hand rail below it is toe-nailed in place, directly into a knot on the stair stringer, half of the nails hit the knot and just bent over between the post and stringer. So essentially there was no support on a railing that if it had failed would lead to a 12 ft fall. The decking has no gap between the boards, while power washing or during periods of heavy rain water would pond on the deck, leading to excessive algae and moss growth. Additionally the stair stringers are cut with a circular saw, and rather than partially cutting them to depth, then finishing with a hand or reciprocating saw they weren't, this leads to weakness in the stringer, as well as a place for mold growth, water and insect entry. I was able to gap them a bit with a concrete tip on the power washer, but doing so with a circular saw is out of the question due to some fasteners being in the area that needs to be cut. The stair treads are 2 pieces of wood side by side, the nose of the tread overhangs the riser, and is nailed on one edge to the stringer, and the other to or between the riser and stringer, this has lead to rolling of some of the treads due to insufficient support as the staples holding the risers work themselves out. In an attempt to fix one of these rolled treads the other day I placed screws in the center stringer, and one of the side stringers, and on the the other side stringer the screw went directly through the tread and stringer due to rot. As an engineer myself, along with working industrial maintenance and working for and with contractors on many different projects I am able to make some repairs, but you cannot fix rot, nor can you fix stupidity.

Category decks, deck cleaning

04/11/2017

Wendy & Bill S.

Overall very pleased. Other than some stain issues stemming from a lack of communication, very pleased with the final product. Incorrect stair replacement was corrected with no issues. Very organized process, great communication with the team.

Description of Work
Replaced majority of deck

11/13/2016

LEIF A.

I am very pleased with their work. They performed the work when it was scheduled and all went according to plan. The process was seamless from my first visit to Archadeck to the site visit and estimate from Mark Norton to the actual work and cleanup.

Description of Work
They built a patio with a fire pit in my backyard and it looks great!

09/07/2016

TERRIE C.

My husband and I were very pleased with the work that Archadeck's Renew Crew did. This is the second time we have used their services and we were very happy with the results each time. Alberto"s crew did excellent work, cleaned up after themselves, always arrived when they said they would. Project manager, Mike Howell, was very helpful with keeping things moving as the process proceeded.

Description of Work
Guest bathroom remodel.

Category home remodeling

08/20/2016

Julie S.

Fantastic. Mallory was a joy to deal with. The guys who did the repair were polite, timely and very neat. I am very happy with my repairs. Thanks Archadeck!

Description of Work
Repair of deck

07/20/2016

Claretha C.

They were professional and did a good job. I was just expecting more.

Description of Work
I had Archadeck do my patio.

Category patios

05/24/2016

JULIE F.

We had a pergola with under-decking installed along with a ceiling fan and concrete stain done by Archadeck. We could not be happier. The structure is an amazing 14' by 14' pergola with full under decking to provide shade. It's a gorgeous outdoor living structure to our home. From start to finish, Archadeck was easy to work with, in constant communication by phone and through their project website. The only delays in the job were due to weather which was out of everyone's control. We had to wait 2-3 weeks for the under-decking once the structure went up because exact measurements had to be obtained before the order could be sent. We were convinced our damaged concrete could not be made to look good again, but they did make it look really good. We are so happy with the concrete repair and stain as well. We are thrilled with the finished product and all of our neighbors are amazed with it as well. Truly a job well done! Wish we could post pictures to Angie's List for all to see!

Description of Work
Pergola installation with under-decking and concrete patio repair and stain

05/02/2016

Steven C.

Armando and his crew did a great job. They power washed the deck, sanded and painted. They were very professional, on time and did a fantastic job. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Power Washed Deck, Sanded and Applied Stain

Category deck cleaning

05/01/2016

Steven C.

Description of Work
Power washed deck, sanded and applied stain.

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

04/05/2016

Star M.

This was several years ago, but my experience with the "salesman" was so bad that I would NEVER call them for anything again!! They were fine on being timely and follow up, however, the quote given was way out of line with competitors and the service given was insulting. I wanted to have an A-line roof put over my existing deck and it would attach to the house. The salesman said it would be incredibly difficult to get it to go between the existing line of the house with the other A-lined eaves and it would cost around $18,000 to do it!! So naturally that was out of the question. Then I went over how I wanted the rest of the deck to look and I had a couple of specific details that I wanted and I needed them to come up with a couple design options that gave me what I asked for and to price it out for me. I spent a Saturday going to there office to see what they had come up with and go over the quote. We get there and it looked as if they had spent the 10 minutes before our arrival to throw a blob of something onto the CAD system and call it a design. It had nothing that I had said I was looking for and was so poor that my daughter could have sketched it on paper and she was only five! Then they didn't even have a real quote, but said we were surely in the neighborhood of $20,000. Needless to say I was furious and that was the last of them. Move forward to the person that actually did the job....When the new company came out I said I wanted a roof but that I was told it was too difficult and $18,000 and he said W** (figuratively). He said that the person clearly just didn't want to do it and that anyone worth their salt knows that it is an easy tie-in. Not only did the new company provide me with the roof that I wanted, they gave me the deck and design I wanted and all was said and done at $18,000!! Big difference in price difference of the almost $18,000 for the roof and $20,000 for the deck that Archadeck was talking. I hated the salesman that I dealt with and thought overall that he was arrogant and didn't care about getting the job, since, in his paraphrased words, they were doing so much business that they would have trouble just getting us on the schedule. Basically he gave me the impression that my business was of little consequence to them since they were booming with business. Do yourself a favor and call another company. I finally used Exterior Additions and was very pleased with them.

Description of Work
Quote for multi-level deck and roof over existing deck area attached to the house

Category decks, remodeling, roofing, hardscaping

03/15/2016

Hansford Y.

Archadeck replaced our old deck in a professional manner, on time, and with expert craftsmanship. I would highly recommend this company if you want a stress free installation, and professional communications during the project. We are more than satisfied with our beautiful new deck.

Description of Work
Removed old rear deck, and replaced it with similar design, but with upgraded building materials used.

03/07/2016

Bishop C.

Outstanding and professional all the way. I have used Archadeck for numerous home improvements for eight years---decks, attic fans, glass shower upgrades/installs, window repairs, porches, refinishing, etc and have never been disappointed. The most telling review in an economy of words is "repeat customer" -- that's me.

Description of Work
Screened in porch. Archadeck's Value Remodelers (i) designed the screen and structure layout which is much more attractive than the standard screened in porch provided by the home builder, (ii) matched the paint color to the home's trim, (iii) custom built the frame, door, threshold, ledges, etc, (iii) sealed and caulked all seams, etc. (iv) and followed up with a call to me to ascertain quality, timing, satisfaction at each key phase--beginning, framing, painting, screening, finishing. I did not provide the cost of the service because it was bundled with other services.

Category contractors, decks, glass repair, remodeling, roofing, screen repair, replacement windows, ceiling fans, house painters, doors, sunrooms

02/22/2016

Jerry F.

My wife and I contracted Archadeck of Charlotte for a complete porch/ deck remodel. The design for this major project was created and produced by Archadeck. The project began on time, continued on time and was completed on time. All through the process, Archadeck was in contact with us advising the progress and what would be next. The quality of work, the followup, the constant communication and the finished product is superior. We would recommend Archadeck and will not hesitate to use Archadeck again. We are very pleased with our finished product. A truly professional and first class company. Jerry & Debra Fitzgerald/ Weddington NC

Description of Work
Rear Porch/ Deck Remodel