Albert's & AR Painting

Founded 1992 • With Angi since May 2002

7137 Brighton Brook Dr

Charlotte, NC 28212

DBA - Alexander The Great Remodeling. 12 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. May contact through e-mail....

10/26/2015

Marianna P.

When I called them to tell them I wasn't going to write another check to them, then they told me that they wouldn't be able to come out until the next day because their van wasn't working. I cancelled the service and told them that I would be reporting them to Angie's List.

Description of Work
absolutely nothing. I had to call to set up the appointment, after a reschedule and subsequent follow up Albert's and AR Painting told me to see if I could get my money back from Angie's List ( I bought an online coupon for $200.00 one room painting) and then write a separate check when they arrive because Angie's List "doesn't pay them fast enough".

Category house painters, interior painters

08/16/2015

Patrick C.

We had previously contracted Albert's Painting back in November 2012 and he painted the entire interior of our house and did a phenomenal job. I contacted Albert again in the late April 2015 timeframe as we wanted his company to stain our deck. Albert did provide a verbal estimate for this job in April and that we were excited about estimate and wanted him to provide the service. I tried to contact this provider several times in May and then again in June but didn't receive any follow up phone calls to perform the service. All of my calls went to voicemail. Ultimately, I ended up having to find another provider on Angie's List to perform this job. I'm not sure what happened as we had such a pleasurable experience a couple of years ago but it was definitely disappointing that I couldn't schedule this appointment with Albert's painting.

Description of Work
We had contacted Albert's Painting as we wanted his team to stain our deck. However, after they provided the initial estimate I couldn't reach this provider again to schedule and perform the job.

Category masonry, deck cleaning, house painters, interior painters

04/25/2015

Lee C.

i had a similar experience to the previous reviewer. I spoke to Alejandro on Tuesday April 21 and he set an appointment for an estimate for exterior painting on Thursday April 23 at 4pm. He did not show. I was a customer of Albert's 3 1/2 years ago.

Description of Work
Alejandro did not show for estimate appointment.

Category house painters

I'm sorry (removed member name)! MY COMPANY PHONE WAS RECENTLY STOLEN AND IT TOOK A WEEK FOR A NEW PHONE TO GET TO MY HOUSE, I LOST ALL INFO. I WOULD LIKE TO RESCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOU. THANK YOU!

04/22/2015

Phillip F.

I called to request an estimate to get some drywall in my ceiling repaired after a leak. I spoke to Alejandro and we agreed that he would come to my house at 5pm on 4/21 to give me an estimate. He did not show up. At 530 pm, I called Alejandro and he gave me the excuse that my contact information had been thrown away accidentally, and that he would not be able to make it that day. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt, and we rescheduled for 630 pm on 4/22. I texted him my contact information so it would not get "thrown away" again. It's now 745pm on 4/22 and Alejandro has still not shown up and he has not called. This is totally disrespectful and unprofessional. All it takes is a simple phone call to explain you can't make it or will be late. I will not hire someone that has no respect for a potential customer's time. I could not recommend even trying to get an estimate from them.

Description of Work
Absolutely nothing. Was a no-call, no-show for a scheduled appointment twice.

Category drywall, house painters

Im sorry Mr. [member name removed]. MY COMPANY PHONE WAS RECENTLY STOLEN AND IT TOOK A WEEK FOR A NEW PHONE TO GET TO MY HOUSE, I LOST ALL INFO. I WOULD LIKE TO RESCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOU. THANK YOU!

03/27/2015

RICHARD R.

WOULD NOT DO THE JOB. IT WAS ONLY A BATHROOM.

Description of Work
NOTHING. BACKED OUT OF THE WALLPAPER REMOVAL PROJECT.

Category wallpaper removal, house painters

03/14/2015

TIM K.

Wonderful. This is the 3rd time we have used Albert and they have done an excellent job every single time.

Description of Work
Replace some wood rot and painted back of our home

Category muralist, house painters

12/17/2014

Tom L.

I have been trying to get the service done since 11-11. He has missed multiple appointments and is now unresponsive. I am going to cancel the deal.

Description of Work
No actual work was done. Just purchased a big deal and service provider never showed up.

Category house painters, interior painters

10/20/2014

Annie S.

Albert came out and gave me quote, and seemed very courteous, but said I was outside his normal service area of the city of Charlotte. He agreed to do the work in two weeks, and said he would call to confirm. he never called or showed. I called back the following week, and again he scheduled a day to come out. He never called or showed. I had to request refund today because it has been 30 days since I purchased it.

10/17/2014

Annie S.

The contractor never came out to do the work. He came out and gave me a quote and was supposed to come back out and he’s yet to contact me. Originally he was supposed to come out and do the work the week of September the 29th and never showed up. Then I ended up calling him back to rescheduled and He was supposed to come out last Monday but never showed up again and never called.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for $99 for General Carpentry Work

Category woodworking

09/26/2014

Charles D.

Very professional and did a great job can't even see where the holes were at before the repair.

Description of Work
Repaired three holes in my ceiling caused by a water leak. They also painted the entire ceiling.

08/27/2014

Virginia H.

Called this company Saturday, August 23rd for services at our home location. They agreed to come on Monday afternoon, after 3:30 pm to look at job and give quote. They never showed up and never called. Today is Wed. And we still have not heard from them. Fortunately we found another company thanks to Angie's list.

Description of Work
No job performed

08/14/2014

Humberto B.

A team of four painters worked on the house for four days. Exceptionally professional and detail oriented--no corners were cut. They arrived on time and we felt very comfortable with them.

Description of Work
Painted 4800 square feet, with two coats in most areas--we provided the paint.

07/30/2014

Bruce L.

Initially contacted Albert by phone. VM was returned the following business day. Crew was dispatched same day. Work was OK overall. Crew was diligent about using plastic to protect areas from compound and dust. A couple of areas needed touch-up and required a second visit to resolve. The crew that was going to come back for touch-up work didn't show up on the agreed upon time and date. They did show the following work day after a couple of calls to Albert.

Description of Work
Minor drywall repairs

Category drywall

07/16/2014

ANDREW D.

Albert?s man came in at 9:30am. He had the wallpaper and the glue removed by noon, the walls patched (my walls didn?t need much patching) and primed by 2:30pm and the main coat of paint completed by 4:00pm. He didn?t hesitate when I asked him to also paint/freshen up the trim. He even walked in with trim paint in his hand and asked about it before I asked. He did a fantastic job that I refuse to do myself and I do a lot of my own home repair and upgrading. He covered my new cabinets and countertops to protect them. He cleaned everything and left no mess of any kind. I highly recommend Albert?s team of good hard workers that take the time to do the job right and attention to detail. I?ll be calling them back in a few months to repaint my entire family room. Thank you Albert for the great job.

Description of Work
Removed Wallpaper from Kitchen, Patched Drywall, Added Primer & Painted Color Coat

Category drywall, wallpaper removal, house painters, interior painters

thank you [removed member name] I hope I hear back from you soon ,, thanks again!!

07/07/2014

Deborah A.

They did the painting within less than a week. They did a terriffic job. It was great. They were wonderful. They perfectionist.

Description of Work
He repainted basically my whole home.

06/23/2014

Tim and Natalie P.

Excellent work, very fast and good quality. Great value also. Certainly will use them again.

Description of Work
Repaired drywall and panted ceiling.

Category drywall, house painters

05/31/2014

Bill L.

I initially had Albert paint my house in May 2012. He did a great job and just came back for the second "free" power wash. House still looks great and stays in great shape now that he comes back each year. The team that did the washing spent a lot of time on my back deck and did whatever I asked them to. I checked a lot of painters initially and they were the best price and the best guarantee. Love having my house washed every year for free.

Description of Work
Whole house paint job

05/28/2014

Joseph M.

Since Albert is a contractor and has the responsibility to clean up a job site...he did not complete the job as required. In turn, I paid to have the debris removed for $157 and change.....Albert needs to remimburse me for the expense I incurred as a result of his failure to remove the debris as required by being a contractor.

Description of Work
Albert's Painting.....painted the general interior portion of our house...no complaints there. In addition to that work, they were contracted to powerwash the house and remove a variety of tree limbs, close to the house and various shrubs for a combined cost of $450. The issue lies with the tree service provided...they cut various tree branches that were very close to the house and a variety of shrubs...they did that as directed....but...when it came time to remove the debris from the area...they told me they did not do that....and when questioned...the person doing the actual cutting of branches and shrubs said he did not have enough space in his paint van. I told him I would take it up with Albert....in the meantime....I had to get the debris piled in my driveway removed..so I contacted Silverback Hauling Service....and they removed it and some house hold trash for $157 and some change. I called Albert on Saturday, May 24....Albert was out of town...so his office manager took the info from me and was to pass it on to Albert....to date....Albert has never called back.

Category pressure washing, interior painters

05/22/2014

SUE L.

He never showed up or called me. I was very offended.

Description of Work
I scheduled an appointment.

02/18/2014

NANCI C.

They did a really nice job. Albert, himself, was here and he said that he would come by every year to check for rough spots and whether there was a need to do some updates. I don't think he has ever come by. They did a meticulous job. His crew was great. He wasn't there most of the time but the crew was very clean and picked up everything. I really enjoyed having them. They got the job done really fast. In 3 days from start to finish, they had all the wood replaced and the painting done. It was primed and painted. It looked beautiful and I had a lot of compliments from neighbors. Some of the neighbors came by and wanted their number. The only thing was that he sold it based on coming back every year to check it but I never, ever heard from him again. I can imagine he probably has a huge list of people that he services so it is probably really difficult to do. The paint job itself was beautiful and they used really good paint. I had a really good experience with those guys. It was a good price because I had other people come in. I am probably going to call them again this year.

Description of Work
I used Albert's & Ar Painting to paint our exterior trim on our brick house. They also replaced rotted wood which I had a lot of.

Category contractors, house painters

02/10/2014

Melina D.

Estimator arrived promptly at time discussed and was very friendly. Gave us estimate to get several rooms in the house painted as well as a discount. We were asked to go and choose our colors; which we did. Painters arrived on time on the day the painting was discussed. We were told it would take 2 days to complete. The person I spoke with the first time was not present, so I had to explain to the painters what should be done. I shouldn't have to do that. Person in charge should know what needs to be done. Also, most of the painters didn't speak English so it was much harder to communicate. Most of the walls are painted perfectly, but it looks like the painters were a little rushed towards the end. I continue to find little paint splatters through out the house. I found some paint in both of the bathrooms. My only request is that the painters clean up more thoroughly once they have completed the services. I also ask that they look over the walls before closing up. I had to look at the walls myself and then explain in broken spanish that they needed to cover several more places. Other than that, they did a really good job. They were on time and worked quickly. I would definitely hire them again if the above issues are resolved.

Description of Work
Painted walls in Kitchen, 1/2 bath, stairways, 2nd bath.

12/04/2013

Sang K.

The estimator returned my phone call that same day and came right on time. When the painters arrived, the head painter, Albert Jr., soon realized that the floors, being bamboo, would be an issue in terms of holding the paint. He went to two or three paint stores to find exactly the right primer that was needed. The team could not have been nicer and more professional. They did a great job, and really went the extra mile to make sure I was satisfied with the job. They moved furniture (including a heavy sectional sofa), and came back after the job was complete to move it back. They were very responsive with returning phone calls-- even came back to apply a second coat of paint to the floors, and I would absolutely recommend them highly. My thanks to the team for their excellent work!

Description of Work
They painted the floor, walls, and baseboard of our guest room. They also repaired a small portion of the ceiling that was cracked.

11/27/2013

JAMES G.

The work was great. The workers were very accommodating to us. I had a small issue with the end of the first day the workers left my home a mess. The next day I talked to someone on site and they apologized and made sure it did not happen again. I called the owner to let him know of the issue however I never received a follow-up phone call. The workers were great however I wanted to speak with the owner about my issue not the foreman on site.

Description of Work
They painted the inteior of my home.

11/26/2013

Donna M.

I was very pleased with the work performed and will not hesitate to use their services again.

Description of Work
Remove wallpaper in a small bathroom/repair drywall -- then paint trim, ceiling and walls. Paint ceiling and walls in two other bathrooms

Category drywall, wallpaper removal, interior painters

11/20/2013

ashley D.

This was the worst painting experience I have ever had. Literally I have found paint specks on everything?. plants, wood floors, lighting fixtures, kitchen wood cabinets, granite, light switches and more. I was very disappointed considering the rating this company has received on Angie's List. When the work was performed I contacted the owner after to let him know how terrible and unprofessional the work was, it was then when he told me he used a crew that was not his normal crew but continued to charge me the same amount of money from when he originally quoted me. If you choose to use this company I would make sure you are getting what you think you are paying for, a "REAL" painting crew. I had a couple people come over that said their kids cold have done a better job. Good luck if you choose to go with this company!

Description of Work
Paint Walls