ADAMS PLUMBING

Founded 1999 • With Angi since January 2003

4.3

PO BOX 39317

Charlotte, NC 28278

NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. ...

04/07/2020

Paul W.

Guy has minimum of $200 and it took him 5 minutes.

Description of Work
Leaky shower

06/29/2016

Steve M.

It did not. After his quote I paid for the service call and told him to leave the property.

Description of Work
Had Vance come out to repair a small project that would take him no more than 20-30 minutes to complete with maybe 5 dollars worth of material. He quoted over $280. I told him he was nuts and he said his break even before he makes a profit on a job is over $250 per hour. This guys is WAY over priced. He then charged $95 for his service call to provide the quote. No idea on his quality but I've worked with enough plumbers over the past few years to know there are quality guys at fair prices out there.

07/21/2014

Kevin K.

I've worked with Adams before. In 2012 Vance replaced some pipes in my crawl space. Was here for about 2 hours. Charged me 287.50 but I elected to pay him $300.00 because I thought he did a great job and I was under the crawl space with him asking questions. Today the work was replacing a cracked toilet flange. Total of 30 minutes on site. $330. I was speechless. Based on Vance's previous work at my house, I was figuring maybe $100 for a trip charge and another $100/hour for the work...so in my mind I was thinking something around $150 would have been a fair price. I had called 2 plumbers, Rapid Rooter and Adams. Adams called back first. After receiving the shocking bill above, I called back Rapid Rooter and they told me they charge $32.50 for a trip charge and $107.50 per hour with a one hour minimum. Based on their pricing and including the cost of the flange, Rapid Rooter would have charged me $150 for the 30 minute toilet flange replacement.

Description of Work
Replaced a Toilet flange. Total time on site of 30 minutes. Total charge of almost $330.

01/31/2014

Thomas C.

Vance was very polite and punctual. Our sink clogged up the day before Thanksgiving and he worked extra hard to insure that he got to us before the start of the holiday. He spent approximately 1.5 hrs correcting the situation by running a drilling cable from our roof vent all the way down into the substructure of our plumbing system (I had no idea that our plumbing system was even set up that way). Apparently there was a sizable clog that had been collecting over time (years) and that day was our lucky day. Once the issue was resolved he took the time to explain what the problem was and what had to be done to remedy the situation. He also put my mind @ easy by letting me know that there was nothing that I could have done to fix it myself without buying some pretty expensive equipment (which he had). I would defiantly use them again! I also like the fact that they are a small company owned by a husband and wife.

Description of Work
Adams Plumbing cabled and cleared our clogged kitchen sink drain from the roof vent with small drilling cable. He then then flushed and tested the sink until the water flowed freely.

09/11/2013

Raymond S.

The work was very professional and it took a long time to install the hot water heater as it was in the attic. I was concerned with freezing pipes and all pipes were insulated, taped and secured. Found a gas leak froman old connection and fixed that and installed an expansion tank. We will be using Adams plumbing again when we redo our kitchen

Description of Work
Installed a new hot water heater, ran a water line to the front of the house for an outside hose connection and installed a new shower head.

Category plumbing,water heater repair

05/13/2013

Jeanine D.

Water was shooting out the bottom of the garbage disposal. I called Adams plumbing and Vance always answers the phone himself. He took the time to explain why I should pay more for the higher up model garbage disposal and since I trust him, I took his recommendation. He was able to get the garbage disposal installed in a Saturday. He is very pleasant. He checked for leaks and disposed of the old garbage disposal. He stands out in his stellar service among all the workers I have used recently. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
They installed a new garbage disposal.

03/22/2013

Jeanine D.

Vance, the owner, arrived on time and got right to work. The water heater was in the attic, so Vance rigged a brace and winch to remove the old one and hoist the new one up. There was no clearance, but Vance teased both water heaters past the attic stairs hinges with no damage to the stair system. He worked quietly and continuously. He performed several code updates to the hookup. He also was the only plumber who, when coming out to give us an estimate, checked our water pressure, which turned out to be way too high. So Vance also replaced the worn-out pressure-reducing valve under the house. We had talked to two other plumbing companies before deciding to hire Adams Plumbing. All the estimates were in the same ballpark (the others included only the water heater replacement), but because of Vance's interest in covering not only the water heater replacement, but also all the peripherals (code updates and pressure reducing valve), and the fact that he gave me a senior discount when I mentioned it after he'd already written up the estimate (wow!), we felt good going with Adams Plumbing. Super Service Award nominee bonus: I was asking about our old master bath shower head, and Vance said I should replace it. So I ran over to our local home improvement center, purchased one, and Vance installed it at no extra charge!

Description of Work
Replaced/installed 40-gallon natural gas water heater in attic with all needed code updates. Replaced pressure reducing valve in crawl space. Set pressure at 80 psi and water temperature at 120 degrees F.

07/17/2012

Nancy N.

I called Vance about a week ago and he was pretty busy, but my issue was not urgent. He called before the appointment and was able to come a little early, which worked out great. He worked to diagnose all 3 problems and was able to fix them. Vance is very professional, courteous and took the time to explain what my options were, and then, what he did.

Description of Work
We had several problems with getting the water temperature to be right at various locations in the house. We also had a problem with our outdoor sink water pressure.

06/15/2012

Pamela P.

I had a water heater leak early in the morning and I had to go to work. I was frantic! I called Adams, he told me since the water heater was outside I didn't have to be there for him to start working on the situation. He even calmed me down on the phone explaining it will be ok. I appreciated that tremendously! It didn't stop there. That poor man found a snake coiled up in the water heater and had to get that out. He handled everything with professionalism and kindness. I am grateful and will recommend him every chance I get!

Description of Work
He replaced my water heater.

11/14/2011

LOREE P.

WAS VERY FRIENDLY, CAME ON TIME FOR APPOINTMENT....ASSESSED THE SITUATION - GVE ME A PRICE AND DID THE REPAIRS THATSAME MORNING.... WAS VERY NEAT AND CLEAN - PUT DOWN PLASTIC TO KEEP FROM SOILING CARPETS ANDFLOORS - PUT ON SHOE COVERS WHEN ENTERING HOUSE... WHICH IS VERY IMPRESSIVE TO ME - AND CLEANED UP AFTER HE WAS FINISHED WITH REPAIRS... I WOULD BE HAPPY TO USE THIS PLUMBING COMPANY AGAIN.

Description of Work
Removed downstairs toilet - used machine to clear line - then replaced toilet - Working good again... Also gave me an estimate on replacing bath tub faucets in upstairs bathroom... to be done at a later date.

Zoom Drain Charlotte, LLC

Here at ZOOM DRAIN®, we are proud to be your drain and sewer experts. We provide residential and commercial drain and sewer services. From sinks, toilets, and tubs to main drains, roof drains, storm drains, and anything else that carries water, we've got you covered. Providing services that are fast, focused, and ensure the job is done right the first time is the motto we have always stood by and continue to follow. We go above and beyond on every job until the problem is resolved. It's our mission to show you how these qualities set us apart from other companies. Services include: • Power Snaking • Zoom Jetting (High-Pressure Water Cleaning) • Planned Maintenance • Video Inspections • Pipe Relining • Trenchless Sewer Replacement Cleaning drains is our specialty and each of our technicians cleans thousands each year, more then the average plumber will do in a lifetime. Unlike many of our competitors who also perform heating, air conditioning as well as general plumbing, we specialize in drains and sewers only. While it's admirable to be a "jack of all trades" we believe our customers benefit from Zoom being the master of one: sewer and drain services.

Get Air Done LLC

Get Air Done is a family owned company growing to meet the needs of our new and existing customers. This allows us to offer same day service every day of the week at a reasonable rate. With a maintenance agreement from our small, honest company, you can be sure your HVAC equipment will be fully operational no matter the season. As part of our maintenance agreement, we'll visit your location, check on the equipment, and clean all parts of the system. For our bi-annual agreements, we visit in the spring for the air conditioner and in the winter for the heater. Phone number's - 704-888-5888, 704-634-0421, 704-779-6480

Mechanical Doctor Inc

Mechanical Doctor Inc, Inc. is a family-owned and operated business since 2001, and we've always taken pride in providing the best in quality workmanship at every job we perform. We know how important your air conditioning and heating systems are to your home and your family, so we'll always do everything we can to keep them in the best shape possible. From routine maintenance and inspections to full installations and replacements, our Rock Hill|SC and Charlotte|NC heating and air conditioning professionals can handle any job you need to be done. Your Prescription for Comfort ~ Mechanical Doctor Inc.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

PLUMBING, WATER HEATERS, GARBAGE DISPOSALS, TOILETS & FAUCETS, WATER/DRAIN LINES(INSTALLATION & REPAIR), SEWAGE PUMPS, SEWER LINES & DRAIN CLEANING, SLAB LEAKS AND GAS LINES.