ADAMS PLUMBING

Founded 1999 • With Angi since January 2003

4.3

PO BOX 39317

Charlotte, NC 28278

NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. ...

04/07/2020

Paul W.

Guy has minimum of $200 and it took him 5 minutes.

Description of Work
Leaky shower

06/29/2016

Steve M.

It did not. After his quote I paid for the service call and told him to leave the property.

Description of Work
Had Vance come out to repair a small project that would take him no more than 20-30 minutes to complete with maybe 5 dollars worth of material. He quoted over $280. I told him he was nuts and he said his break even before he makes a profit on a job is over $250 per hour. This guys is WAY over priced. He then charged $95 for his service call to provide the quote. No idea on his quality but I've worked with enough plumbers over the past few years to know there are quality guys at fair prices out there.

07/21/2014

Kevin K.

I've worked with Adams before. In 2012 Vance replaced some pipes in my crawl space. Was here for about 2 hours. Charged me 287.50 but I elected to pay him $300.00 because I thought he did a great job and I was under the crawl space with him asking questions. Today the work was replacing a cracked toilet flange. Total of 30 minutes on site. $330. I was speechless. Based on Vance's previous work at my house, I was figuring maybe $100 for a trip charge and another $100/hour for the work...so in my mind I was thinking something around $150 would have been a fair price. I had called 2 plumbers, Rapid Rooter and Adams. Adams called back first. After receiving the shocking bill above, I called back Rapid Rooter and they told me they charge $32.50 for a trip charge and $107.50 per hour with a one hour minimum. Based on their pricing and including the cost of the flange, Rapid Rooter would have charged me $150 for the 30 minute toilet flange replacement.

Description of Work
Replaced a Toilet flange. Total time on site of 30 minutes. Total charge of almost $330.

01/31/2014

Thomas C.

Vance was very polite and punctual. Our sink clogged up the day before Thanksgiving and he worked extra hard to insure that he got to us before the start of the holiday. He spent approximately 1.5 hrs correcting the situation by running a drilling cable from our roof vent all the way down into the substructure of our plumbing system (I had no idea that our plumbing system was even set up that way). Apparently there was a sizable clog that had been collecting over time (years) and that day was our lucky day. Once the issue was resolved he took the time to explain what the problem was and what had to be done to remedy the situation. He also put my mind @ easy by letting me know that there was nothing that I could have done to fix it myself without buying some pretty expensive equipment (which he had). I would defiantly use them again! I also like the fact that they are a small company owned by a husband and wife.

Description of Work
Adams Plumbing cabled and cleared our clogged kitchen sink drain from the roof vent with small drilling cable. He then then flushed and tested the sink until the water flowed freely.

09/11/2013

Raymond S.

The work was very professional and it took a long time to install the hot water heater as it was in the attic. I was concerned with freezing pipes and all pipes were insulated, taped and secured. Found a gas leak froman old connection and fixed that and installed an expansion tank. We will be using Adams plumbing again when we redo our kitchen

Description of Work
Installed a new hot water heater, ran a water line to the front of the house for an outside hose connection and installed a new shower head.

05/13/2013

Jeanine D.

Water was shooting out the bottom of the garbage disposal. I called Adams plumbing and Vance always answers the phone himself. He took the time to explain why I should pay more for the higher up model garbage disposal and since I trust him, I took his recommendation. He was able to get the garbage disposal installed in a Saturday. He is very pleasant. He checked for leaks and disposed of the old garbage disposal. He stands out in his stellar service among all the workers I have used recently. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
They installed a new garbage disposal.

03/22/2013

Jeanine D.

Vance, the owner, arrived on time and got right to work. The water heater was in the attic, so Vance rigged a brace and winch to remove the old one and hoist the new one up. There was no clearance, but Vance teased both water heaters past the attic stairs hinges with no damage to the stair system. He worked quietly and continuously. He performed several code updates to the hookup. He also was the only plumber who, when coming out to give us an estimate, checked our water pressure, which turned out to be way too high. So Vance also replaced the worn-out pressure-reducing valve under the house. We had talked to two other plumbing companies before deciding to hire Adams Plumbing. All the estimates were in the same ballpark (the others included only the water heater replacement), but because of Vance's interest in covering not only the water heater replacement, but also all the peripherals (code updates and pressure reducing valve), and the fact that he gave me a senior discount when I mentioned it after he'd already written up the estimate (wow!), we felt good going with Adams Plumbing. Super Service Award nominee bonus: I was asking about our old master bath shower head, and Vance said I should replace it. So I ran over to our local home improvement center, purchased one, and Vance installed it at no extra charge!

Description of Work
Replaced/installed 40-gallon natural gas water heater in attic with all needed code updates. Replaced pressure reducing valve in crawl space. Set pressure at 80 psi and water temperature at 120 degrees F.

07/17/2012

Nancy N.

I called Vance about a week ago and he was pretty busy, but my issue was not urgent. He called before the appointment and was able to come a little early, which worked out great. He worked to diagnose all 3 problems and was able to fix them. Vance is very professional, courteous and took the time to explain what my options were, and then, what he did.

Description of Work
We had several problems with getting the water temperature to be right at various locations in the house. We also had a problem with our outdoor sink water pressure.

06/15/2012

Pamela P.

I had a water heater leak early in the morning and I had to go to work. I was frantic! I called Adams, he told me since the water heater was outside I didn't have to be there for him to start working on the situation. He even calmed me down on the phone explaining it will be ok. I appreciated that tremendously! It didn't stop there. That poor man found a snake coiled up in the water heater and had to get that out. He handled everything with professionalism and kindness. I am grateful and will recommend him every chance I get!

Description of Work
He replaced my water heater.

11/14/2011

LOREE P.

WAS VERY FRIENDLY, CAME ON TIME FOR APPOINTMENT....ASSESSED THE SITUATION - GVE ME A PRICE AND DID THE REPAIRS THATSAME MORNING.... WAS VERY NEAT AND CLEAN - PUT DOWN PLASTIC TO KEEP FROM SOILING CARPETS ANDFLOORS - PUT ON SHOE COVERS WHEN ENTERING HOUSE... WHICH IS VERY IMPRESSIVE TO ME - AND CLEANED UP AFTER HE WAS FINISHED WITH REPAIRS... I WOULD BE HAPPY TO USE THIS PLUMBING COMPANY AGAIN.

Description of Work
Removed downstairs toilet - used machine to clear line - then replaced toilet - Working good again... Also gave me an estimate on replacing bath tub faucets in upstairs bathroom... to be done at a later date.

10/27/2011

Gloria M.

Superb job from start to finish. He came out on Monday (the same day that he was called) to look at the landscape to determine if he could use his machine to perform the digging. He said as soon as the City/Phone company was finished with their portion, he would begin. That he did and boy did he have a job on his hands. He worked all day and cleaned up the grass area, probably better than it had been:) This is the 2nd large job that he has performed for us and his work ethic is always exemplary! We are recommending his company to everyone we know. Please call him for all of your plumbing needs:)

Description of Work
Dug up and repaired 4" sewer line in yard + installed 2 way clean out.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

04/11/2011

Mel F.

I called, he answered, gave phone quote range and est time to arrive, showed up on time, did work, price as agreed, neat, clean, pleasant and professional, everything done performs to expectations and no leaks

Description of Work
re-piped and reinstalled garbage disposal after countertop change and sink relocation

03/01/2011

JOYCE K B.

I found him on Angie's List. He knows exactly what he's doing. He is always responsive. When you call in, you get a good answer. He is very professional. He knew what the problem with the toilet was. He diagnosed the problem and got a new fixture in short order that managed to cover up the damage. He is very proficient, and he knows his business extremely well. He responds to phone calls right away, makes an appointment, and gets the job done.

Description of Work
He replaced a toilet.

09/22/2009

Sam H.

Arrived the next day; worked me in between jobs. Very professional and pleasant. Got right to work, got it done effectively and then cleaned up afterward. Could not ask for any better job. Readily accepted your 10% off coupon.

Description of Work
Installed a new faucet in my kitchen sink. I supplied the faucet, him the labor only.

06/22/2009

ANNEMARIE G.

The office was very courteous and called the day before to confirm the appointment and he showed up right on time as scheduled. He performed the work in a very professional manner and left the work areas clean.

Description of Work
Installed tub shower valves in two different bathrooms. Replaced main water shut off valve.

04/10/2009

SERGIO M.

They were very professional. I would recommend them highly. He came on time and got the work done in the estimated time. Great job.

Description of Work
They changed the plumbing in the kitchen.

04/01/2009

KELLY H.

He was not able to fix the problem. He gave me recommendations. He did not charge me for the service call. He was very honest.

Description of Work
He evaluated a plumbing problem.

11/25/2008

Kris W.

We called the company and they gave us a told me that there was a small service charge to get a quote but if they performed the work, the fee would be waved. Vance Terry arrived earlier than expected, which was good considering the water running everywhere. He quickly reviewed the situation, gave me a quote and proceed to fix the pipe as requested. After fixing the pipe, Vance took some time to answer some questions about some other plumbing work I was considering. He was very pleasant to work with and did everything in a very professional manner. The price was higher than I wanted to pay but was much lower than the other verbal quotes I received. He also honored the discount from Angie's List.

Description of Work
Leaky water pipe had to be repaired.

05/29/2008

Wayne H.

They arrived right on time. He is well dressed and well spoken. He is very curtious. They cleaned up well after themselves. They were very professional even with us being in the house.

Description of Work
Prepairing three sinks to hook up and there was also a reapir involved. They moved a water heater. They hooked up our dishwasher.

02/18/2008

SIMON R.

Adams Plumbing. Very pleased with both Vance and his wife who sets up the appointments. She even calls back the day before with a reminder. Vance did an excellent job and he was very polite & tidy as well.

Description of Work
Removed old faucets in bathrooms with new ones (6 sinks, 1 shower).

12/19/2007

JOYCE K B.

The Terry's consistently returned telephone calls promptly. Mr. Terry arrived when promised and worked quickly, neatly and professionally. He followed through with advice and education about the new technology of the tankless water heater, and we are very pleased with the way the system works. Other smaller jobs were handled in like manner.

Description of Work
Installed tankless water heater and recirculation pump. Also installed replacement garbage disposer and took care of a few other plumbing tasks.

12/05/2007

Sherry M.

It went well. The plumber arrived on time. He started by giving me an overall estimate for the work. I approved the estimate and he was able to finish the work in about 1 hour.

Description of Work
The work was to repair a toilet that was not stable after ceramic tile installation and to repair a drain in the master bathroom.

07/09/2007

MEGAN B.

Poorly! He came out and quickly determined it was not a leak of any sort. Next thing I know he told me that he would write up his report and gave me a bill for $69.50! I said that your website says free estimates and I was not told prior to doing the inspection that it would cost me anything. I would never hire them for anything ever. I have had plenty of service companies come out here for an estimate and never charge me for anything despite the fact that other companies went over and above without charging. I paid the $69.50 but am still very upset that I was not told that I would be charged. This is a very unethical practice and I would never recommend them.

Description of Work
Estimate for drainage problem in the back yard.

Category drain pipe

02/14/2007

US Plumbing was a great group for me to use. They were polite and showed up on time. They communicated well with me as their customer. I cannot remember what I was charged for their work at my home but it was fair. I certainly would use them again if I needed them. They earned my trust and confidence based on their performance.

Description of Work
US plumbing replaced my hot water heater. My home is approximately 1800 square feet. They simply removed my old one and installed a new one that is more modern, slightly larger and a name brand product.

Category water heater repair

02/14/2007

This is not an easy job and this company managed to pull it off very well. I was pleased with the work and they made sure to get it all done in a great amount of time with out destroying the properly. I was impressed with the quality of the work.

Description of Work
I have a 3,000 square foot home that needed to have a water line connected to the city water. There was about 50 yards from the street to the house of the lines that were installed and connected. This company did all of the work for us.

Category excavators, plumbing, drain pipe

Zoom Drain Charlotte, LLC

Here at ZOOM DRAIN®, we are proud to be your drain and sewer experts. We provide residential and commercial drain and sewer services. From sinks, toilets, and tubs to main drains, roof drains, storm drains, and anything else that carries water, we've got you covered. Providing services that are fast, focused, and ensure the job is done right the first time is the motto we have always stood by and continue to follow. We go above and beyond on every job until the problem is resolved. It's our mission to show you how these qualities set us apart from other companies. Services include: • Power Snaking • Zoom Jetting (High-Pressure Water Cleaning) • Planned Maintenance • Video Inspections • Pipe Relining • Trenchless Sewer Replacement Cleaning drains is our specialty and each of our technicians cleans thousands each year, more then the average plumber will do in a lifetime. Unlike many of our competitors who also perform heating, air conditioning as well as general plumbing, we specialize in drains and sewers only. While it's admirable to be a "jack of all trades" we believe our customers benefit from Zoom being the master of one: sewer and drain services.

Horne Heating and Air Conditioning

Our goal as a family owned and operated company is to provide a conscientious and motivated staff who will consistently deliver quality, value and comfort with 100% satisfaction. Your Comfort Is Our Business. We are a Trane Comfort Specialist and for your convenience, we are open from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday and 8:00 am to 1:00 pm on Saturdays. Our fleet is equipped with GPS navigation and tracking to assure that we'll find all locations quickly and efficiently and our installation vehicles are completely self-sufficient to protect the home or business owner's privacy. We pride ourselves in covering all of the details and our technicians utilize mobile technology to quickly and efficiently process work orders and client information. HVAC, Electrical, Home Automation, Safety Devices (Including: Drain Safety Devices, Carbon Monoxide Detectors and Surge Protectors for HVAC Equipment), Water Heaters (Tankless and Traditional), Exhaust Fans, Insulation, Pool Heaters, Wine Units, Boilers, Generators, Ductwork and Zoning.

McClintock Heating & Cooling

McClintock Heating and Cooling provides quality HVAC products and service to the Matthews and Charlotte, North Carolina areas. We are an Angie's List Super Service Award winner and strive to set new standards in workmanship and customer satisfaction. Our family owned and operated HVAC company will meet all of your heating and air conditioning needs. From heat pumps to central air systems to furnaces, our skilled professionals will assist you with home comfort issues, reduce your energy costs and improve your indoor air quality. With more than 100 years of combined experience, McClintock Heating and Cooling is your quality heating and cooling partner. Award winning.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

PLUMBING, WATER HEATERS, GARBAGE DISPOSALS, TOILETS & FAUCETS, WATER/DRAIN LINES(INSTALLATION & REPAIR), SEWAGE PUMPS, SEWER LINES & DRAIN CLEANING, SLAB LEAKS AND GAS LINES.