ACCU-DRY WATER/MOISTURE CONTROL

Founded 1997 • With Angi since October 2007

AccuDry is a small, personal company that specializes in solving Basement Leaking and Wet Crawlspace issues. AccuDry takes pride in its experienced installers who have performed numerous jobs of different varieties. AccuDry has trained Consultants & Installers to perform Quality Work, from set-up to clean-up. Every jobs starts with a good plan. Then our customer, installers and the office has a copy of the plan to work off of. The installers are courteous, respectful, polite and enjoy their work and working with each other. AccuDry is not focused on speed but rather on quality. The installers are not paid a commission for their work. (They do however appreciate an occasional sandwich, soda, or small tip but is not expected or required). AccuDry does perform work in a timely manor. AccuDry gives a Life of Structure Warranty on their Basement and Crawlspace Systems (ask for details)....

Foundation Doctor

Concrete Lifting - Structural Repairs - Waterproofing - Mold Removal.

United Water Restoration Group of Charlotte

We are an emergency service open 24/7. No matter what time it is, give us a call and we can help! We service Charlotte, North Carolina, and its surrounding areas. Whether the damage is caused by water or fire, or there is a need for mold remediation services, United Water Restoration of Charlotte is the number one option.

Offers by United Water Restoration Group of Charlotte on Angi
SuperSeal Waterproofing

We specialize in waterproofing. We are here to provide you with the best service available! We offer our kindness, dedication, reliability. We work in crawlspaces, basements, replacement of insulation, crawlspace/basement encapsulation, mold remediation, and other services.

07/01/2015

James O.

Have called and sent in the on-line request form. After two weeks, still no response. Don't think this person should remain on Angie's List.

Description of Work
nothing

Category basement waterproofing

Customer requested a quote to "unclog" drain - which we don't do or are interested in. Also my mom passed away recently & I took some time to spend with her before she passed and then some time to spend with my dad & family. Sorry for your inconvenience.

01/08/2015

WILLIAM B.

Very professional company, Tim Hodges is very knowledgeable and made sure to provide quality work on this project. He went above and beyond what other companies were going to do in order to be sure the water problems would be eliminated. His price was very competitive. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Installed drainage system and sump pump in crawlspace, encapsulated crawlspace

01/05/2015

Carmen J.

Went very well. Tim and his employees worked very hard and did excellent work. We talked to 3 different companies about our moisture and mold problem in our crawl space and Accu Dry was the only one that wanted to stop the water from getting under the house rather than dealing with it once it got under there. When it rains now, it is dry around our foundation and the crawl space is dry.

Description of Work
Installed French drains around half of our house Demolished and replaced sidewalks to slope away from the foundation Removed insulation in crawl spare Remediated mold in crawl space Covered the ground in crawl space with vapor barrier Replaced vent covers for crawl space and door leading into crawl space.

Category concrete repair,insulation,basement waterproofing,drain pipe,doors,mold removal

10/30/2014

Steve B.

Our home has a partially finished basement and is on a grade. We experienced a major flood in July and were looking for options on how to protect our home from further flooding - as well as a way to improve the quality of the air, etc in our basement. I contacted all the big local waterproofing companies for quotes. The reason I did this was not only price, but the configuration of our home and the problems we were having were somewhat unique - so I wanted to make sure we considered all the options, and this is not a job you want to do twice. Tim from AccuDry was the first person we met. Tim is very knowledgeable and friendly. He came over and within 30 minutes had put together a comprehensive plan. Our basement and crawlspace were a mess, and frankly, I was having a hard time envisioning what it would look like after the waterproofing. Tim assured me that it would be great. We liked what he had to say, but of course we wanted to get other opinions. We met with half a dozen other "waterproofing" experts, some smaller ones and some of the big names you see around town every day. I was shocked. Some of them were fairly knowledgeable, but some of them had no idea what they were talking about. None of them put together a comprehensive solution like Tim. And, price wise, AccuDry was very competitive. We were so impressed with Tim's experience and confidence in his plan that we went forward with AccuDry as our waterproofing contractor. Tim brought in his guys - a small crew that have been working together for years - and Tim was also on the job working with them and supervising regularly. They installed a complete interior drain system, including a gravity fed outlet, so we did not have to rely on sump pumps or electricity any longer. The guys were very friendly and accomodating. If you have water issues in your basement or crawlspace, you know that this work is not easy, nor is it always very pleasant. Tim's crew enjoy what they do and take pride in doing it right. And, they are very talented. When you take on a job like this, there are a lot of little things that need to be done in the process - removing parts of walls, digging trenches through gardens, re-pouring concrete walkways, etc. Tim's crew took these tasks in stride and handled them with ease. They put in the extra time and material needed to make sure the job was done right, and cleaned up to the point that you would not know they had been there. And Tim stuck to his original price - even though I am sure he ran over on labor and material from the original quote. I don't think any other contractor would have taken the time and care to install our system in this manner. In fact, many of the other proposals were more like bandaids than solutions ... and no one else was willing to put in the work required for a gravity fed system. AccuDry did a fantastic job. When it rains, I feel confident that our home is going to remains dry and clean. We can already feel a difference in the air quality / moisture in the basement. I would recommend AccuDry to anyone with a water problem in their basement.

Description of Work
Complete waterproofing system (interior drain system) for home with basement, as well as vapor barrier / sealing of unfinished crawl space to improve air quality.

10/27/2014

MICHAEL M.

Tim and his crew were excellent. The end result is fantastic and it's so much nicer navigating under the house now!

Description of Work
Cleaned out our crawlspace of debris, patched 2 foundation holes, sprayed crawlspace with Microban, removed 1 inactive sump pump and re-plumbed existing sump, removed and replaced our old vapor barrier with a new one.

Category basement waterproofing,wells,foundation repair

10/20/2014

Connie R.

Tim inspected our whole crawl space and reported its condition comprehensively. His measurements turned out to be very accurate. Although he seemed to have a good bit of work, he got to our job within the time he had projected. Tim is very personable and knowledgeable, and was able to give me excellent advice on crawl space and drainage issues that I didn't know about. His team has been together for a number of years. They completed all the work in one day. They laid out everything from under the house, and took away all the junk we didn't want to keep. His foreman crawled under the house with me to help me see all that had been done and answer my questions. They even gave me disposable coveralls to use in crawling under the house.

Description of Work
Removed old vapor barrier and old debris left in our crawl space. Raked out the whole crawl space including leveling an area where our furnace had been previously. Installed new vapor barrier including pinning it down. Made some repairs to insulation that was loose. Crawl space is about 1700 sq.ft.

Category insulation,basement waterproofing,drain pipe

10/09/2014

Sharon W.

Tim was on time for our meeting and on the spot provided useful suggestions for what absolutely should be done (sump pump and basin replacement), what would be good to do (seal crawlspace vents and install liner and dehumidifier, and what didn't really need to be done (mold remediation and replacement of floor joist insulation). He was cordial, willing to accommodate my needs and came with samples of the liners he uses for crawlspaces. We met on a Monday and I didn't get his estimate until Saturday while competitors gave a quote within a day or two of meeting. The estimate included removing my old insulation and replacing it with new insulation and scrubbing off the mold, which he'd previously said wasn't needed. It also included replacing my broken but cosmetically fine crawlspace vents and then sealing them shut. I ended up having a company just seal the existing vents shut with foam board insulation which made a whole lot more sense to me. The estimate was very brief and did not explain what was included in his sealed crawlspace system (it varies from company to company) and he provided no supporting materials while competitors gave very detailed contracts and in some cases booklets explaining their sealed crawlspace systems. One thing that was clear is that required electrical and HVAC work was the responsibility of the customer; some competitors offer a turnkey solution so their customer doesn't have to act as their own general contractor. No explicit warranty was offered while a couple of competitors offered various degrees of warranty on liner durabilty and/or moisture control. It's difficult for me to compare AccuDry's price to the competition due to several items in AccuDry's quote that were not recommended by any competitors and the lack of clarity on what is included in the AccuDry sealed crawlspace. I feel like I could have found a way to work with Tim on my crawlspace but it would have required a good deal more effort on my part just to figure out the costs involved for what really needed to be done while the company I went with had made it all very clear to me with a day or two and offered a very good price.

Description of Work
My crawlspace had moisture issues so I called Tim Hodges of AccuDry for an opinion on what work needed to be done and what it would cost.

09/01/2014

Bill I.

6811 Honors Ct Tim Hodges showed up as scheduled and listened to the work I wanted done following an engineer's inspection.He then measured the property where the work was to be done.Later I received an e-mail with a drawing of the property with the work to be done including detailed measurements and pricing. Several alternative upgrades were priced out separately for me to consider. After a lengthy delay on my part the work was scheduled several months later and the crew began as scheduled to perform the repairs and upgrades. The work went well and the worker team was very conscientious and courteous.They cleaned up every day and were eager to do little extras as well. I asked them to return for a minor issue and they returned and rearranged a pipe for better flow into my yard at no charge.

Description of Work
Installed french drain inside rear masonry screen porch deck and routed drain to exterior in ground piping.Installed door sealing exterior porch crawl space from main under house crawl space. Installed underground piping for gutter downspouts away from house. Cleaned out 25 years of miscellaneous debris from the house crawl space and installed plastic sheeting.

Category basement waterproofing,drain pipe

08/27/2014

Ralph M.

They're on top of the line. I just haven't had the option to focus on it yet.

Description of Work
They quoted me for insulating my crawlspace.

Category insulation

08/04/2014

STEVE M.

Excellent experience! Tim was extremely professional from the first moment we made contact. His crew arrived as scheduled and worked quickly and quietly to complete the job. They were here for over 8 hours, but you would have never known it! They cleaned under our house - an area which I don't think has been touched in many, many years. He was very knowledgeable and I will definitely refer him to anyone who requires his services. One more thing that is of upmost importance to me: He is polite, clean and trustworthy. Overall, an excellent experience.

Description of Work
Crawl space cleaned out, new vapor barrier, new vents and reconnected ducting to bottom of house.

ACCU-DRY WATER/MOISTURE CONTROL

Founded 1997 • With Angi since October 2007

1221 N. Wendover Rd.

Charlotte, NC 28211

BASEMENT & CRAWL SPACE WATERPROOFING, MILDEW & MOISTURE CONTROL & PREVENTION, BASEMENT & CRAWLSPACE DRAIN SYSTEMS, DOWNSPOUT EXTENSIONS, GRAVITY-FED DRAINS, SUMP PUMPS, BATTERY BACK-UP SUMP PUMP KITS, GRATE DRAINS, CRAWLSPACE MILDEW CLEANING, DRYING & DE-HUMIDIFICATION, CRAWLSPACE VAPOR BARRIERS, SEALED & INSULATED CRAWLSPACE SYSTEMS, AIR PURIFIER & DE-HUMIDIFIER SALES.

ELECTRICAL, HVAC (HEATING & AIR), MAJOR PLUMBING.

Fees apply for Inspections/Inspection Letters