ACCU-DRY WATER/MOISTURE CONTROL

Founded 1997 • With Angi since October 2007

AccuDry is a small, personal company that specializes in solving Basement Leaking and Wet Crawlspace issues. AccuDry takes pride in its experienced installers who have performed numerous jobs of different varieties. AccuDry has trained Consultants & Installers to perform Quality Work, from set-up to clean-up. Every jobs starts with a good plan. Then our customer, installers and the office has a copy of the plan to work off of. The installers are courteous, respectful, polite and enjoy their work and working with each other. AccuDry is not focused on speed but rather on quality. The installers are not paid a commission for their work. (They do however appreciate an occasional sandwich, soda, or small tip but is not expected or required). AccuDry does perform work in a timely manor. AccuDry gives a Life of Structure Warranty on their Basement and Crawlspace Systems (ask for details).

Amenities

fees apply for inspections/inspection letters
This pro has not provided any licensing information to Angi at this time.All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

James O.
07/01/2015
Have called and sent in the on-line request form. After two weeks, still no response. Don't think this person should remain on Angie's List.
Description of Work
nothing
basement waterproofing

Customer requested a quote to "unclog" drain - which we don't do or are interested in. Also my mom passed away recently & I took some time to spend with her before she passed and then some time to spend with my dad & family. Sorry for your inconvenience.
WILLIAM B.
01/08/2015
Very professional company, Tim Hodges is very knowledgeable and made sure to provide quality work on this project. He went above and beyond what other companies were going to do in order to be sure the water problems would be eliminated. His price was very competitive. I highly recommend this company.
Description of Work
Installed drainage system and sump pump in crawlspace, encapsulated crawlspace
Carmen J.
01/05/2015
Went very well. Tim and his employees worked very hard and did excellent work. We talked to 3 different companies about our moisture and mold problem in our crawl space and Accu Dry was the only one that wanted to stop the water from getting under the house rather than dealing with it once it got under there. When it rains now, it is dry around our foundation and the crawl space is dry.
Description of Work
Installed French drains around half of our house Demolished and replaced sidewalks to slope away from the foundation Removed insulation in crawl spare Remediated mold in crawl space Covered the ground in crawl space with vapor barrier Replaced vent covers for crawl space and door leading into crawl space.
Category
concrete repair, insulation, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, doors, mold removal
Steve B.
10/30/2014
Our home has a partially finished basement and is on a grade. We experienced a major flood in July and were looking for options on how to protect our home from further flooding - as well as a way to improve the quality of the air, etc in our basement. I contacted all the big local waterproofing companies for quotes. The reason I did this was not only price, but the configuration of our home and the problems we were having were somewhat unique - so I wanted to make sure we considered all the options, and this is not a job you want to do twice. Tim from AccuDry was the first person we met. Tim is very knowledgeable and friendly. He came over and within 30 minutes had put together a comprehensive plan. Our basement and crawlspace were a mess, and frankly, I was having a hard time envisioning what it would look like after the waterproofing. Tim assured me that it would be great. We liked what he had to say, but of course we wanted to get other opinions. We met with half a dozen other "waterproofing" experts, some smaller ones and some of the big names you see around town every day. I was shocked. Some of them were fairly knowledgeable, but some of them had no idea what they were talking about. None of them put together a comprehensive solution like Tim. And, price wise, AccuDry was very competitive. We were so impressed with Tim's experience and confidence in his plan that we went forward with AccuDry as our waterproofing contractor. Tim brought in his guys - a small crew that have been working together for years - and Tim was also on the job working with them and supervising regularly. They installed a complete interior drain system, including a gravity fed outlet, so we did not have to rely on sump pumps or electricity any longer. The guys were very friendly and accomodating. If you have water issues in your basement or crawlspace, you know that this work is not easy, nor is it always very pleasant. Tim's crew enjoy what they do and take pride in doing it right. And, they are very talented. When you take on a job like this, there are a lot of little things that need to be done in the process - removing parts of walls, digging trenches through gardens, re-pouring concrete walkways, etc. Tim's crew took these tasks in stride and handled them with ease. They put in the extra time and material needed to make sure the job was done right, and cleaned up to the point that you would not know they had been there. And Tim stuck to his original price - even though I am sure he ran over on labor and material from the original quote. I don't think any other contractor would have taken the time and care to install our system in this manner. In fact, many of the other proposals were more like bandaids than solutions ... and no one else was willing to put in the work required for a gravity fed system. AccuDry did a fantastic job. When it rains, I feel confident that our home is going to remains dry and clean. We can already feel a difference in the air quality / moisture in the basement. I would recommend AccuDry to anyone with a water problem in their basement.
Description of Work
Complete waterproofing system (interior drain system) for home with basement, as well as vapor barrier / sealing of unfinished crawl space to improve air quality.
MICHAEL M.
10/27/2014
Tim and his crew were excellent. The end result is fantastic and it's so much nicer navigating under the house now!
Description of Work
Cleaned out our crawlspace of debris, patched 2 foundation holes, sprayed crawlspace with Microban, removed 1 inactive sump pump and re-plumbed existing sump, removed and replaced our old vapor barrier with a new one.
Category
basement waterproofing, wells, foundation repair
Connie R.
10/20/2014
Tim inspected our whole crawl space and reported its condition comprehensively. His measurements turned out to be very accurate. Although he seemed to have a good bit of work, he got to our job within the time he had projected. Tim is very personable and knowledgeable, and was able to give me excellent advice on crawl space and drainage issues that I didn't know about. His team has been together for a number of years. They completed all the work in one day. They laid out everything from under the house, and took away all the junk we didn't want to keep. His foreman crawled under the house with me to help me see all that had been done and answer my questions. They even gave me disposable coveralls to use in crawling under the house.
Description of Work
Removed old vapor barrier and old debris left in our crawl space. Raked out the whole crawl space including leveling an area where our furnace had been previously. Installed new vapor barrier including pinning it down. Made some repairs to insulation that was loose. Crawl space is about 1700 sq.ft.
Category
insulation, basement waterproofing, drain pipe
Sharon W.
10/09/2014
Tim was on time for our meeting and on the spot provided useful suggestions for what absolutely should be done (sump pump and basin replacement), what would be good to do (seal crawlspace vents and install liner and dehumidifier, and what didn't really need to be done (mold remediation and replacement of floor joist insulation). He was cordial, willing to accommodate my needs and came with samples of the liners he uses for crawlspaces. We met on a Monday and I didn't get his estimate until Saturday while competitors gave a quote within a day or two of meeting. The estimate included removing my old insulation and replacing it with new insulation and scrubbing off the mold, which he'd previously said wasn't needed. It also included replacing my broken but cosmetically fine crawlspace vents and then sealing them shut. I ended up having a company just seal the existing vents shut with foam board insulation which made a whole lot more sense to me. The estimate was very brief and did not explain what was included in his sealed crawlspace system (it varies from company to company) and he provided no supporting materials while competitors gave very detailed contracts and in some cases booklets explaining their sealed crawlspace systems. One thing that was clear is that required electrical and HVAC work was the responsibility of the customer; some competitors offer a turnkey solution so their customer doesn't have to act as their own general contractor. No explicit warranty was offered while a couple of competitors offered various degrees of warranty on liner durabilty and/or moisture control. It's difficult for me to compare AccuDry's price to the competition due to several items in AccuDry's quote that were not recommended by any competitors and the lack of clarity on what is included in the AccuDry sealed crawlspace. I feel like I could have found a way to work with Tim on my crawlspace but it would have required a good deal more effort on my part just to figure out the costs involved for what really needed to be done while the company I went with had made it all very clear to me with a day or two and offered a very good price.
Description of Work
My crawlspace had moisture issues so I called Tim Hodges of AccuDry for an opinion on what work needed to be done and what it would cost.
Bill I.
09/01/2014
6811 Honors Ct Tim Hodges showed up as scheduled and listened to the work I wanted done following an engineer's inspection.He then measured the property where the work was to be done.Later I received an e-mail with a drawing of the property with the work to be done including detailed measurements and pricing. Several alternative upgrades were priced out separately for me to consider. After a lengthy delay on my part the work was scheduled several months later and the crew began as scheduled to perform the repairs and upgrades. The work went well and the worker team was very conscientious and courteous.They cleaned up every day and were eager to do little extras as well. I asked them to return for a minor issue and they returned and rearranged a pipe for better flow into my yard at no charge.
Description of Work
Installed french drain inside rear masonry screen porch deck and routed drain to exterior in ground piping.Installed door sealing exterior porch crawl space from main under house crawl space. Installed underground piping for gutter downspouts away from house. Cleaned out 25 years of miscellaneous debris from the house crawl space and installed plastic sheeting.
Ralph M.
08/27/2014
They're on top of the line. I just haven't had the option to focus on it yet.
Description of Work
They quoted me for insulating my crawlspace.
insulation
STEVE M.
08/04/2014
Excellent experience! Tim was extremely professional from the first moment we made contact. His crew arrived as scheduled and worked quickly and quietly to complete the job. They were here for over 8 hours, but you would have never known it! They cleaned under our house - an area which I don't think has been touched in many, many years. He was very knowledgeable and I will definitely refer him to anyone who requires his services. One more thing that is of upmost importance to me: He is polite, clean and trustworthy. Overall, an excellent experience.
Description of Work
Crawl space cleaned out, new vapor barrier, new vents and reconnected ducting to bottom of house.
JANE M.
07/24/2014
The remedy worked and our crawlspace has been dry.
Description of Work
Following a heavy rain, I noticed a small stream of water had run through my crawlspace. I had an idea of why this was happening and met with several contractors to review the situation and hear their recommended solutions. Most discounted my theory and had elaborate plans to correct the situation. Tim worked through the situation. He listened to my thoughts, agreed it was a strong possibility that the gutter I referred to was in fact contributing to if not causing the water issue. His solution was simple, quick and inexpensive. During the process he found that the underground pipe the gutter connected to had collapsed and the water was ponding next tom the house and flowing into the crawlspace.
ed Y.
07/13/2014
They were wonderful, we have had an issue with this one corner of our basement for 5 years, and we waited a year to do this review for that purpose. Several people have come to do this repair and nobody was able to solve our problem until Tim and his team. They finished without any notice that they had dug up our yard, they even sweep off the drive way. Great team, great owner, wonderful company and our basement is dry a year later. Given the terrible storms and the amount of rain we have had over the past year, we are so impressed with this company. I wish they did all home repair projects!!!
Description of Work
Tim and his team were wonderful. He was on time for the estimate, on time for the project and the project finished ahead of schedule.
Scott K.
06/20/2014
What a difference! Accu-Dry's work immediately raised my property value. Tim was thorough and professional. It was obvious from the start that his company takes quality and customer satisfaction very seriously. He spent the time to determine what I wanted and what I thought was best. He then offered his recommendation and never wavered from initial cost estimates. The work was performed quickly and the crew cleaned up completely. Absolutely 100% satisfied.
Description of Work
Install water run-off drain to the side of driveway and attach to existing underground gutter piping.
Gerald K.
06/16/2014
Accu-Dry had excellent references, so we asked Tim for an estimate. He came the next day, and recommended an interior French drain with adequate drainage to the outside. Not only did his crew install the interior drain, they removed the aforementioned ridiculous perimeter bricks and helped us remove a lot of the damaged walls. They also lined the walls with a membrane to prevent any more wall seepage. They installed an extensive drainage system outside and connected the interior French drain and the roof gutter downspouts to it the outside sewer. They meticulously replaced bricks from the back patio that had to be moved for the installation. They installed a cement curb on the side of the driveway to lead rainwater to the drainage system. They cleaned up as much as possible every evening. This was all accomplished in approximately one week. Tim's crew was prompt, worked extremely hard, and were polite, clean-cut and professional. Since they completed the work we have had storms with heavy downpours, and the basement floor has stayed completely dry. We are extremely pleased with the work and highly recommend his company to anyone with a wet lower level or basement.
Description of Work
We bought the house adjoining our property which was in tough shape, but we loved the trees (and we wanted a project to work on.) The house is all brick, constructed in 1953, and it had one owner who raised his family and eventually grew too old to adequately care for it. The house has a daylight basement that had sat empty for 2 years. The lower level had extensive water damage from foundation seepage and other sources of water such as leaky roof and chimney. The elderly couple had tried multiple ridiculous methods to stop water coming in, such as hiring someone to install cement perimeter bricks around the entire interior lower level walls. We knew from the mold covered walls and ceilings and abandoned fungal furniture that we had a mess on our hands. We found Tim's company, Accu-Dry on Angie's List.
Category
basement waterproofing, drain pipe, mold removal
Len N.
06/11/2014
Their bid wasn't a good as a bid I got from another company. They quoted me about $13000. My impression of them was good but it's just that I found another company who came in and who were below them in prices and also suggested things that made more sense to me. They also turned out to be a company that I number of people, who I knew, have used.
Description of Work
I received a quote from Accu-Dry Water/Moisture Control for basement waterproofing services in April of 2013.
basement waterproofing, drain pipe

AccuDry Solutions, Inc. did an amazingly nice crawlspace job for [member name removed] several years ago on a home that he sold back then. It was a development where they were having huge issues with crawlspaces there. The buildings were all joined together, not much access, etc. It was a really hard job to do. I don't think he gave AccuDry any review on that one! An Inspector was called later to inspect a lot of those crawlspaces. He said that out of all of them, this one was still in really good shape - he thought that AccuDry had done the job because of the way it was done. That made me feel real good! [member name removed] asked me to give him a really good price on it because his next home had issues. I understood that he was also going to make a lot of money on the sale - a lot! and a lot was pending on this crawlspace situation too. I'm almost helping him make a ton of money on his home! Sounds good right?! Well, several years later (not soon after) he called me to quote his new home. He also didn't communicate with me after I came out to quote or give me any feedback on how to adjust. The price of $13,000 was not an unreasonable investment for the really nice job he could have gotten. No 2nd job. No raving review on the first job that helped him make a lot of money! Where is the honor and loyalty in that.
Glynn W.
06/10/2014
Was not contacted until several weeks after I sent the request. The person I spoke with was nice and professional, and stated that they have had issues getting contacts/referrals from Angie's list, but I had already chosen another contractor to do the work.
Description of Work
No work performed - was looking for a quote.
barbara R.
04/17/2014
no response from Tim
Description of Work
called 03-31-2014 Tim was to go out and look at my crawl space and give me a estimate on what it will be to fix, have not heard a word from Tim no response from Tim
basement waterproofing

I prefer to meet with someone in person when I go out to cover details. The owner said that they live out of the area. I have found that most people do business with people they actually meet, especially when they are spending a reasonable amount of money. She told me it was a rental home and it is slightly outside the area that I am normally in. Usually if someone is not willing to meet with me, then I prioritize those who can meet with me, especially when it is not at all convenient. I don't know who is telling me to go out there - It could anybody. History has also told me that most of the inquiries that people ask me to go out to estimate without actually meeting do not turn in to jobs, so why would I get excited about spending a lot of time looking at something for free without meeting with someone. Sorry. Our quality work, however speak for itself on the grades!
Leslie M.
02/12/2014
I had a positive experience with this company. They were prompt, responsive and cleaned up after themselves. They came when they said they were and did what they said they were going to do. I was very satisfied with them and had not used this company before. I thought their price was fair. He quoted me a higher price and I told them what money I had. He sort of adjusted to my needs and I think he gave me a good deal.
Description of Work
I used Accu-Dry Water/Moisture Control to waterproof my basement and to put down a moisture barrier and drains.
basement waterproofing

Thank-you so much for choosing us to perform the Basement & Crawlspace work and entrust us with your business! It was an honor to do the work for the nicest of people! We always try our best to provide the Best Solution, Highest Quality Work, and Investment Value! You will ultimately get what you pay for! Best wishes to you and your family in the future!
Jared E.
11/05/2013
Went well. Very professional crew all around. Were responsive, cleaned up after themselves, and appear to have done good quality work.
Description of Work
Fixed a drainage and water retention issue in our crawl space, disconnected down spouts from french drain, and replace down spouts with pvc to improve run off away from home.
John S.
04/18/2013
Tim did a great job. He came out right away to look at the problem. My crawl space had standing water in one corner. After I approved his estimate his crew came out the very next week. The follwing week we had a lot of rain. After I checked teh crawl space it was nice and dry. It looked like he solved it. The price was reasonable for the amount of work that it took.
Description of Work
My crawl space was taking on water. I had standing water in one corner.
Woody C.
02/11/2013
I purchased a foreclosed home at it had water and mold issues in the basement. After consulting with several companies I chose to work with Tim. Tim had originally recommended a more aggressive approach that included interior drain tiles and full wall lining but I was convinced that the water issue was due to the (incorrect) way the builder used vapor barrier and fiberglass insulation in the basement and exterior drainage issues. I asked Tim to extend all downspout flow away from the house, fix grading issues. The job included trenching through our concrete patio to move water away from the foundation. During the job, Tim even reached out to my new neighbor to get permission to route water through his backyard so that we wouldn't need to install a sump pump. His crew worked several days to complete the work and left the job site tidy. Lastly, Tim came out to make sure all the work was done correctly and he offered to put down some gravel / stones in an area next to my patio that had the propensity to get muddy. This was not in the original estimate but he just added that on for free. Great guy to work with.
Description of Work
Delivered as promised.
Category
pavers, gravel, drain pipe, mold removal
Linda A P.
12/31/2012
Without hesitation the best group of workers we have ever encountered. Did a fantastic job! They were very punctual,very neat,and always professional. Tim,s guys even helped me unload the entire basement of furniture and belongings and re-locate it all to our garage. They also hauled everything we didn't want away. They did several things above and beyond what was outlined in our contract including coming back during our renovation and helping the plumbers dig up the concrete floor to install below ground toilet pump and install pipes for a shower and kitchen! Tim Hodges,and his workers could not have been more pleasant to work for or easier to deal with from start to finish. High quality people who we would recommend to anyone without hesitation! We are VERY satisfied customers!
Description of Work
Completely waterproofed a 1200 sq.ft basement, added drains to front of house, and under driveway next to detached garage to keep it from flooding and holding water during heavy rains. Also dug a window well for a window in our upcoming basement renovation and built the wall for it. Also installed gutter guards on the whole house. Also installed a sump pump.
Category
gutter repair, landscaping, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe
Dennis P.
04/23/2012
They did an outstanding job. They are the only company to use. You can't use anyone else. They were a great company to deal with.
Description of Work
They did some waterproofing in my crawl space.
basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Thank-you you so much for the kind compliments! We appreciate your kindness and are greatful for the opportunity to work for you! The Sally Williams nougat treats you bestowed upon us were incredibly delicious too! Thanks again and best wishes to you and your family!
LORI P.
02/01/2012
Very good experience- great people!
Description of Work
They were fabulous to work within my budget and give me exactly what I needed and what they promised. I would call them again for the remaining work we need done in our house and yard.
basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Thank-you for allowing us to help you and trusting in us do your job! You and your husband were very nice people to work with and we truly appreciate the opportunity! I think you guys were the 3rd job on your street! We don't get that very often - pretty cool!
James M.
01/30/2012
Great experience. I called around and had numerous estimates from all the "big" companies, but no one impressed me like this company. The owner took the time to draw me up a complete, professional drawing of exactly what he was proposing. Then I had the tools to make an informed decision. Would recommend to anyone!!
Description of Work
I had all the gutters from my house installed into a drain line the they installed around my house, plus they put in two french drains and three drain boxes. They cleaned up the yard, planted grass seed and put down hay.
Category
concrete repair, basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Thank-you so much for choosing us! It is quite an honor and was really awesome to work at your home out in the quiet country and enjoy watching your horses! - Thanks for showing me and my guys such hospitality and letting us feed and pet your horses - quite a treat! Hope your mom and dad get some rest after all the work you were having them do - shoveling u know what! Lol! Thanks again! - We are truly grateful to you for the work!

Other Information

Services offered

BASEMENT & CRAWL SPACE WATERPROOFING, MILDEW & MOISTURE CONTROL & PREVENTION, BASEMENT & CRAWLSPACE DRAIN SYSTEMS, DOWNSPOUT EXTENSIONS, GRAVITY-FED DRAINS, SUMP PUMPS, BATTERY BACK-UP SUMP PUMP KITS, GRATE DRAINS, CRAWLSPACE MILDEW CLEANING, DRYING & DE-HUMIDIFICATION, CRAWLSPACE VAPOR BARRIERS, SEALED & INSULATED CRAWLSPACE SYSTEMS, AIR PURIFIER & DE-HUMIDIFIER SALES.

Services not offered

ELECTRICAL, HVAC (HEATING & AIR), MAJOR PLUMBING.

Payment options