Above Board Flooring

Founded 1991 • With Angi since January 2012

4.4

10100 Park Cedar Dr #170

Charlotte, NC 28210

Above Board Flooring is a Lake Norman & Charlotte Flooring Company that works to install high quality floors on time and within budget. We pride ourselves on our outstanding service and work to meet your needs. Owner is a "Certified NWFA Hardwood Flooring Inspector" Above Board Flooring 10100 Park Cedar Dr. Charlotte NC 28210 836 Williamson Rd. Mooresville, NC 28117....

05/19/2018

donald B.

Great job! Would use again

Description of Work
Tile floors and kitchen backsplash

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

12/20/2017

Phyllis C.

Installation and product was very good. Installers worked very fast and did a beautiful job. They were courteous and moved furniture with no damage. Put furniture right back in original place as well. The lady who did our estimate and order was extremely punctual and nice!

Description of Work
Carpet and installation

05/25/2017

Teresa A.

It went off without a hitch!

Description of Work
We had our entire home re-carpeted WHILE WE LIVED IN IT! What are we--NUTS?!? Went like a dream and now I have new carpet to sink my toes into everyday after work. Our sales folks and installers were professional , pleasant, and easy to work with. Five Stars!

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

07/21/2016

Rob M.

Description of Work
I was told by Above Board that my floors could be sanded and stained. They could not. Instead AB ripped up my old floor and installed a new one. Nice looking but much more $$ than originally planned. AB said my stair railings could be sanded and stained. Their guys refused to do the work -- too much detail in the railing profile. AB sent a guy to paint the railing instead and he did such a lousy job that I had to redo much of it myself. I cannot recommend this company.

12/03/2015

Jodi P.

Very professional, very neat, put up with me asking millions of questions. Even shared with me some tips on cleaning the wood.

Description of Work
Installed Cali Bamboo, in about 2000 square feet of my home!

11/24/2015

Paula A.

Re: Above Board Flooring Charlotte, NC Location 10100 Park Cedar Dr. Suite 170 Charlotte, NC 28210 Mooresville, NC Location 836 Williamson Rd. Mooresville, NC 28117 704-746-1311 When hiring Above Board Flooring to install hardwoods, they assured me the job would be completed in 3 days.Due to the A.B. F. contractors arriving at my home to begin work, no earlier than 3 pm each day and not ending before 10:45 pm, plus running out of wood , the job ended up being a 14+ day job. I live in a condo with HOA ruling and I am a single female. I made A.B.F very aware that the HOA and my neighbors did not like the late hours and A.B. F. did nothing to change this issue. They still allowed their contractors to come and go as they please. I noticed floor issues right away with uneven areas that creates bouncing , which in turn even caused one of my standing floor lamps to fall down and shatter, due to bouncing vibrations on the floor (the A.B.F. salesman was also made aware of this). A. B. F was given the chance to repair damaged floor , however, that never happened. Then I decided to have another contractor come out for a second opinion (I made sure that he was licensed and bonded and had excellent reviews). When the other contractor came to look at the damaged floors, he confirmed my flooring issues .This other contractor's findings were validation to what I already thought.His opinion of floors (with documentation) is as follows. Repair is not possible by removing individual boards. Floor needs total replacement in order to fix bouncing in several areas of floor, due to dried or lack of adhesive. Existing floor cannot be refinished. This second contractor stated that he would help me in anyway that he could with written documentation to help me receive justice from this situation. Keeping in mind that the second contractor has nothing to gain as I no longer have any funds to get floors replaced again. A.B.F. demanded remaining balance due, even after they were made aware of all of the challenges. A.B.F stated that they would put a lein on my property, even tho work was improperly installed.Neither the A.B.F saleman or owner would orignally answer my question regarding if their contractors, used to work on my floor were licensed and bonded. Finally, A.B.F. replied that all of the workers were "trained professionals". I asked A.B.F again if the workers were licensed and bonded. The only reply I got back then was that the company was feeling harassed and that I no longer needed to contact them directly with questions and to send any further questions to their P.O. box. This company is quick to throw legal terms and blame the customer, just so they can get by with poor work and always have upper hand.Unfortunately I fell victim to this nightmare. I have documents, videos, pictures and witnesses to prove all that I have stated above.

Description of Work
They were hired to install hardwoods.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, woodworking

11/10/2015

Susan W.

Description of Work
tore up old wood floor and replaced with new

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

10/23/2015

Chad L.

Hardwoods look brand new again!

Description of Work
They refinished my hardwood floors and put in new carpet for two bedrooms.

07/27/2014

Mark H.

The process of defining the job went smoothly. We also had installed oak registers which is separate from the defined quote. 2 experienced installers arrived for the demolition project. They parked a trailer in our driveway for the refuse. They removed the carpeting and tile in 3 days. The house was covered in a fine dust, but this is normal for this type of construction. However, there are available dust free chippers and cutting tools but they were not used by this quote. The finish work and craftsmanship was flawless. They replaced the quarter round molding, along with had some complex installation under the existing kitchen cabinets that look perfect. My wife keeps commenting that she loves her new floor.

Description of Work
Above Board removed 1300/sq feet of ceramic tile and carpet and installed solid oak flooring.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Thank you so much for the great review! ABF really enjoyed working for you!!! Love the A's!!! :)

07/23/2014

Holly T.

Above Board Flooring provided the most competitive quote we received for installing new hardwood floors. Because of that we were a bit skeptical of their ability. We quickly realized how fortunate we were to not only get a very competitive rate but, more importantly, to have found such a professional, thorough, customer centric company. They worked with us on delivery options and other details. When verifying that our floors were well suited for the installation they found the moisture level to be higher than normal. They were forthright in suggesting we first moisture-proof our crawl space. The owner stopped by to make sure everything was going well and that we were happy. The installers were friendly, competent and courteous. I would consider them to be artisans at their craft. I would also like to mention that both my teenage daughter and I felt very comfortable having them in our house, something I cannot say about every contractor we've used. They were even attentive to our dogs!

Description of Work
Above Board Flooring installed new hardwood floors for our entire downstairs.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

LOVE IT..YOU GUYS WERE AWESOME :)

04/21/2014

James J.

The pricing is what we liked about them because they were the cheapest. The quoting process was a little less ideal because the quoting guys stood me up and I had taken off from work and I was very frustrated about that. When they came back out, they had the best quote. The work was good and I was happy personally. Their product was top notch.

Description of Work
We used Above Board Flooring for replacing our carpet.

Category carpet installation

WE ARE WORKING ON IT! ABF REALLY APPRECIATES YOUR REVIEW!!! :) IT MAKES US A BETTER COMPANY!! Thanks again, Andrew

04/08/2014

Leonard M.

aboveboard was very good to work with they were on time the answerd the phone when you called or returned call within 30mi. quality of work was excellant would recomend them highly Leonard Medeiros @leonardsnowjet60@aol.com

Description of Work
new floor and kitchen cabinets

LOVE IT!!! Thanks for the great review!! Andrew

12/04/2013

Meghan B.

In and out in a day and the rooms look great! Highly recommended them. Great Job!!!

Description of Work
With family coming in for Thanksgiving, Andrew and his crew replaced our carpeting in a pinch! Gave me 5 choices of in-stock carpeting on Tuesday and installed on Friday. Moved furniture, removed old carpet and pad, reinstalled, vacuumed, replaced furniture. Removed all debris and waste.

Category flooring contractor

Thanks so much [Member name removed] it has been a pleasure working for you and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

03/06/2013

Lawrence W.

I wish I could rate Andrew's company higher as he and his team are nice guys. However, they did not provide exceptional service, are not professional business people, nor do they provide the highest quality of work. When Andrew gave us the bid, he didn't explain that after the contract was awarded that he would only be involved with the job on a limited basis. His crew leads took over the daily interaction and we didn't see Andrew again until we had issues or had to make a payment. We had carpet removed, Andrew's employees left that carpet piled high in our front yard over night. I had to call Andrew to have them remove the carpet as the HOA was threatening a fine for debris in the front yard. He had his crews take up the carpet afterwards, but this should not have occured. The hardwood floor team was very nice, but the quality was not the best. After the wood floors were installed, sanded, stained and poly applied, there were bubbles in the floor and debris was captured. Andrew came out and told us it was because the heat was turning off at night. They turned up the heat, buffed and coated the floors again. The final coat was better but not top-notch, still issues, but I figured that was their best. There are still visible bubbles. There were stairs not touched and the banister doesn't look very good. Also, the shoe molding was not done well. There were huge gaps and when I complained about the gaps, Andrew became annoyed because he said that they would putty the gaps and that they weren't finished. When they did finish, the putty job was also not of the highest quality and the seams just don't look great. The carpet job they did was good. Again, I think that Andrew and his team are nice people, however I just don't think that they do great, high-end work. I think a C is an accurate review ~ they were 'fair'. Would I use them again, probably not. When you go with the lowest bid sometimes you get what you pay for.....

Description of Work
Contracted with Above Board Flooring for hardwood flooring installation, refinishing and carpet installation.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

The Customer's were great people to work for. Andrew Linford is the owner of Above Board Flooring and can not be on every job. Above Board Flooring has foreman to oversee the work and deal with the customer on a daily basic until the job is complete. There were issues with the poly due to their HVAC not working properly, which is no fault of AB Flooring, although AB Flooring was professional enough to fix this issue at no additional charge. We were not the lowest bid, the customer gave us opportunity to adjust our pricing as he wanted us to do this job as we were highly recommended. I love reviews, but they are not always the truth. Again the members were great to work for, but somewhat difficult to deal with. They also had problems with their painter as well. We are a little confused by this average review as they asked us to bid on their tile work in their laundry room. Andrew did not want to do anymore work for them due to not being appreciated for fixing their floors for no charge. Above Board Flooring would probably decline doing work for the members even though they are nice people as there expectations exceed the industry standard. Their are just some people you can never make happy.

02/07/2013

Vicki R I.

They installed carpet. Replaced and refinished hardwood floors. They did an excellent job. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Carpet and hardwoods

11/30/2012

Brande P.

The overall experience was very good. We had water damage, and Andrew worked directly with our insurance adjuster. Andrew made sure that nothing went unturned and made several trips to the house to make sure things were going well and we were happy with the progress. He was also flexible and worked with our schedule. We had to be out of the house for several days for the job to be completed, and he and his team worked around that.

Description of Work
Andrew's team completely replaced the wood floors on my entire first floor. They removed and discarded damaged flooring. They installed new hard wood floors, sand & finished the floors, and completed the job with touch up work. They also removed carpet and replaced that space with wood flooring. And - they sand & finished my stairs and railing to match the new stain color.

11/19/2012

Joe S.

Three different crews were involved over the course of the job, based on their specialty. All workers were courteous, punctual, and quality-conscious. The floors are beautiful. We feel we got a top-quality job from Above Board Flooring. Though not a part of the service offered by Above Board, I asked Andrew if he could have a couple of his guys fix squeaks in the floor which had existed in the section that was original hardwood. Andrew himself came to the house a couple of weeks after the job was completed and paid for. He crawled into our crawlspace with one of his guys above in the house and identified and shimmed several squeaky places. We found Andrew enjoyable to work with and helpful throughout the process.

Description of Work
Half of our first floor was in hardwood, a light almost yellow stain. The other half was carpeted, abutting the hardwood. We wanted the entire first floor to be in hardwood and a darker stain. The job was to remove all the carpet, including the stair runner going to the second floor, install hardwood where the carpet was, strip the existing hardwood, sand and stain the entire surface in a black walnut stain. The stairs and railing going upstairs also had to be stripped and stained. In addition, carpet was relaced in a closet and two bedrooms upstairs. We moved out of the house for two weeks to allow complete access.

10/16/2012

Mark B.

We shopped several companies including the big home improvement chain, local companies, and Empire Today. Andrew told us he would beat any of the bids and do the work with his employees. We looked at allot of different products and really liked a laminate Andrew had in his showroom. We have 3 dogs so we needed a floor that would handle the animal traffic. Andrew comes off as very confident in his company, but at the end of the day they delivered on what Andrew said they would. We had a miscommunication at the beginning of the project (they showed up a day earlier than what was agreed upon). Bigger than the fair price we received, the professionalism of the team that did the installation was fantastic. They worked around our crazy dogs, and were very personable with my family. Andrew and his supervisors stopped by each day to follow up on progress and answer questions. At the end of the day, we love the floor, it looks great. Sorry I cannot recall each of the crews names but their attention to detail and workmanship was top notch.

Description of Work
We had water damage from a sewer line break on the first sorry of our home, we decided to do the entire level with a hard wood laminate

10/08/2012

Glenda & Eddie M.

Andrew was extremely helpful in a decision for the tile. Lee, the installer did an amazing job and was a real pleasure to have in our home. The experience with this company was A-1. We will use them for any flooring again!

Description of Work
Above Board Flooring installed tile in the sunroom and carpet in 2 bedrooms a few months later.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor

I just saw this? Getting old I guess..LOL! Anyway I really appreciate the review as ABF will ALWAYS BE ABOVE BOARD!! Thanks again, Andrew

09/21/2012

Susan H.

Andrew and his crew arrived when they said they would and did the work in the allotted time - including working straight through a weekend to finish in a timely manner... which was much appreciated since the husband and I were stuck living upstairs until they were finished. The floor turned out beautifully. There were absolutely no issues and the final cost was exactly what the estimate had been. I wouldn't hesitate to call Above Board if I had other flooring work to do.

Description of Work
We contracted with Above Board to remove the carpet and vinyl from the first floor and replace it with red oak hardwood flooring.

Category hardwood floor

07/09/2012

Thomas K.

They ordered and installed the carpet on a tight time table to meet our requirement to install prior to our movers arriving. The sales team was very helpful and professional helping my wife select a terrific grade of carpet that we are very pleased with. They were punctual and completed the job on time as promised and even disposed of some carpet from a different area of the house that another contractor removed. I would definitely use Andrew and his team again.

Description of Work
We had our whole upstairs and part of our stairs recarpeted at a very competitive price.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

06/16/2012

Justine C.

The owner of the company, Andrew, did not oversee the job and was, in his own words, "a smart a**" to deal with. We did not get the stain color we specified plus the result was noticeably spotty and uneven. Additionally there were holes left unfilled, trim that was the wrong size and left exposed ends, and wood that cupped after a few weeks. Despite that it was poor quality service and product AND the project went over time and cost estimates, we paid our bill promptly. BIG mistake. Tried a many times to reach the owner to get resolution on the problems mentioned and he gave us every excuse in the book. It took 4 months for him to even agree to come see the result and he cancelled, rescheduled or just blew off the appointments repeatedly. When he finally did come to our home to inspect it he then tried to pin the blame on us, saying we must have introduced moisture into the environment somehow. Finally he agreed to re-do some of the areas (not all, even though the work was evenly bad throughout.) But we had to remediate the cupping of the floors ourselves. As much as I would like to hold his feet to the fire and have him actually make good on his reluctant offer, he was so draining/frustrating to deal with that I do not want any further interaction with him or his company. I cannot in good conscience recommend Above Board in any respect. They did not have the professionalism and self respect to just make good on their shoddy work.

Description of Work
Unbelievably bad experience. Had all of the flooring in the house, except for bathrooms, replaced with new hardwood flooring.

Category flooring contractor

This lady is what I call the 1 out of the 1000th customer who you can just not please. I object to her rude comments about myself and our company as we bent over backwards for her. There are just some people in this world that are never happy. I encourage you to research our BBB rating as it is an A+! It is a shame it is this easy for someone to complain about a company and ruin your rating on 1 comment ~ Andrew Linford

S&J Waterproofing

Due to the fact that I charge per square foot, I need to be able to see the work that is required to be done as well as measure the area. I make free estimates, and will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

GSM Services

We are insured and licensed professionals. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our work. Being in business for over 95 years proves that our customer service is superb and that we are reliable and trustworthy. WE HELP HOMEOWNERS IMPROVE THE COMFORT, ENERGY EFFICIENCY, & HEALTH OF THE ENVIROMENTS IN THEIR HOME: Heating & Cooling • Duct Cleaning • Indoor Air Quality Products & Services • Moisture & Humidity Solutions • Crawl Space Repair • Insulation • Duct Work Repair & Replacement • Gutter Cleaning & Install • Attic Radiant Barriers • Home Stand-by Generators • Air Sealing • Dryer Vent Cleanings FREE Home Energy Audits FREE Crawl Space Inspections FREE Insulation Inspections FREE Quote on New Heating & Cooling Systems FREE HVAC Service Calls with Purchase of Repair On Site CURRENT SPECIALS: • $30 OFF Air Conditioning Cleaning, Tune up, & Safety Check (Reg $128) • Free HVAC Service Call with Repair *with repair on site • FREE Home Energy Audit (Reg. $249) *Expires 6/30/22 • $300 OFF Crawl Encapsulations *Not valid with any other offers *Expires 6/30/22

Offers by GSM Services on Angi
    bioPURE Charlotte

bioPure is committed to excellence in every aspect of our business. We uphold a standard of integrity bound by fairness, honesty, and personal responsibility. Our distinction is the quality of service we bring to our customers. Accurate knowledge of our trade combined with ability is what makes us true professionals. Above all, we are watchful of our customers' interests, and make their concerns the basis of our business.

Offers by bioPURE Charlotte on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

Hardwood, laminate, carpet, tile and flooring sales, installation, dust free sanding & finishing.

Carpet cleaning.