4 HOME REMEDIES

Founded 2003 • With Angi since January 2005

2905 CLOVER RD

Charlotte, NC 28211

2 EMPLOYEES, NO SUBS, COST IS DETERMINDED BY THE JOB, TRAVEL CHARGES MAY APPLY. ...

02/15/2021

Andy F.

It went great! We had a grout failure in our shower, which required us to gut the shower and install new shower, tub and floor tile along with a heated floor. Given that this was a moving target, we had The Foundation Doctor repair the floor (see my other review) and then Russell and I agreed on time and materials for the repair. He did great work, communicated every step of the way, and when issues came up he was honest and upfront about our options. He was also extremely flexible on schedule which we appreciated as it took some time to get the floor repaired and the tile ordered. Overall he did great work, and I would highly recommend him for his work.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category ceramic tile, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

01/04/2016

STEPHEN E.

Russ did a great job. We have used Russ in the past but this was the largest project to date that we have used him for. His estimate was right on, he was prompt and neat. He made some great recommendations as far as layout, venting and suppliers that we used. This was a long project but in the end it turned out great! We will use Russ again in the future.

Description of Work
We did a complete remodel of our Master Bath. Including Demo, Tile Work, Plumbing, Framing, Electrical & Venting

06/24/2013

STEPHEN E.

Went very well. Russ is punctual. Price quoted was accurate. We have used 4 Home remedies several times, have recommended them and will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced several windows. Also replaced several foundation vents

Category remodeling

06/25/2010

DONNA B.

I would definitely use their services in the future too.

Description of Work
I used the services of 4 Home Remedies about two to three weeks ago for general remodeling which included replacement of some siding.

Category remodeling, siding

08/06/2009

CHELSEA H.

From the start, Mike Sivick was very professional and was the first estimator to schedule a convenient time with me. I received 7 total estimates and decided to go with 4 Home Remedies due to the work they had done on my next-door neighbor's home and their excellent pricing. They began working when they said they would and came on time DESPITE the craptacular weather they encountered. They went above and beyond by replacing all of the rotted Masonite they found on my chimney and painting a little shed that is also on the property. They didn't even bat an eye (much) when my mother hated the color I'd chosen for the house. They simply went to Duron --kudos to the staff there--and had the color altered. They finished when I expected and did a wonderful job cleaning up after themselves. I only wish I was able to put a sign up in the yard to let others know of their work!

Description of Work
The 4 Home Remedies team replaced some rotted wood and Masonite, pressure washed, and hand applied paint to my home's exterior and a small shed.

Category house painters

01/12/2009

KAREN D.

They came right on time and finished early. The work looks fabulous.

Description of Work
Replaced wood rot in several places around the house. Caulked, primed and painted work areas.

10/20/2008

REGINA J.

They were great and I'll definitely use them again. And would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
There was a leak in the kitchen, they repaired the leak and then caulked and painted the area.

Category handyman service, plumbing, interior painters

08/07/2008

Kenneth F.

Went very well overall. A breaker switch had gone bad on the outside of my house. Not good when your AC unit is switching off during a heat wave. I went through a morning of getting no answers from about 5 other electricians on the list. I finally called Russ with 4 Home Remedies and got through immediately. When I explained the situation, he offered to come 1st thing the next morning. He was here by 7AM and done before 9AM including time to go purchase the part. Russ was a nice guy and good to deal with.

Description of Work
Installed a new breaker switch for AC units.

07/16/2008

Charles C.

The service was excellent! They also gave us the best price.

Description of Work
Installed new tile in more than 3 rooms and installed a new bathtub. We provided our own tile, grout, and tub.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, remodeling

11/11/2007

BARBARA L.

We made arrangements by email for a specific day and they showed up and completed the work exactly as promised. We have used them before for other small jobs and have always been very pleased with the professional interactions and workmanship.

Description of Work
Repaired and painted drywall in two rooms, cut shelves and rod in custom closet.

Category closet systems, drywall, interior painters

01/05/2007

KARA D.

FABULOUS! I called Russ Edwards, the co-owner, for an estimate on just installing the oven. While he was here I asked for an estimate on the ceiling/wall cracks, both estimates were reasonable, so I booked the job. They had a lot of outside work, and it was raining the next day, so he fit me in right away. He installed my oven (which was not easy because it's an old house, with an old oven, and the new "standard" size did not fit nicely) and it looks fabulous. He had to use some filling on the sides, but when painted you won't even be able to tell. He then fixed the cracks in the ceiling and on the wall. Before he left I asked if he could install my pedestals, not part of the original job. He installed them, no questions asked, and left without taking any payment because he has to come back 2 more times to re-putty the ceiling/walls and wouldn't accept payment until the job was totally done. In my opinion, that is a true professional!

Description of Work
Installed a new wall oven, fixed cracks in numerous places on ceiling/walls and installed pedestals for washer/dryer.

Category contractors, drywall, handyman service

12/02/2006

KATIE B.

Russ and Mike do an excellent job!! They are always on time and very professional. They also do a great job of handling all of the unexpected things that come up when you work on a house as old as ours. We have also used them in the past for gutter cleaning, painting and other odd jobs. We've been 100% satisfied every time.

Description of Work
Painting an upstairs bathroom, completely renovating a powder room, updating kitchen cabinets (removing old doors, painting new doors and cabinet boxes, hanging doors with new hinges).

12/01/2006

DONNA B.

Mike promptly responded to my request. My need was small so Mike was able to schedule me in between his larger jobs. He is very neat in appearance; polite and on time. The job was completed in the exact time frame and dollar amount of his estimate. I've scheduled him to come back in Jan 2007 for additional work.

Description of Work
Installed electrical box.

Category electrician

10/29/2006

MONICA M.

We needed to get the 'stuff' off our house because we were selling it. Mike came out for an estimate ($175 for the one side of the house, $300 for the whole house and gutters). They provided a copy of their insurance and a written estimate. They showed up on time. There was a two man crew working on the house. They initially estimated it would take all day (maybe with a one man crew). They were done in three hours. The house looked great! All the 'stuff' was gone. The gutters were nice and clean. When they left, Mike told me that he also did handyman work in case we needed any repairs done when the house was inspected.

Description of Work
Pressure washed the exterior of our vinyl siding house (including garage). Special attention to the 'stuff' (probably mold) on one side of the house. They also scrubbed the gutters clean.

Category gutter cleaning, pressure washing

08/29/2006

James H.

Mike responded promptly to my initial inquiry. Within a couple of days he visited my home and provided an estimate of the cost. He scheduled the job and even proactively pre-washed the outside of the house, prior to the set date. The work was completed within the estimated time schedule. He assured me to call with any questions or problems. Great job.

Description of Work
Painted outside trim of two-story house. Pre-washed all surfaces prior to painting.

Category pressure washing, house painters

08/12/2006

DONNA J.

These guys are great!! Super professional, reliable, and really did an outstanding job. I can not even tell that the drywall in my kitchen ceiling was repaired:)

Description of Work
Fix drywall in ceiling caused from a leak, install chandelier with out prewires,patch roof where dormer was leaking, add a duct in bathroom that was left out during remodeling, other misc items.

Category drywall, handyman service

07/18/2006

KIRK C.

Men were on time and prepared to go to work. They were very professional, polite and personable. They finished the jobs in well under the estimated time and adjusted their charge accordingly without being asked to do so. Overall I could not be more pleased, and recommend them for any job for which they say they are qualified.

Description of Work
Remove and replace inoperative attiv ventilator fan. Remove and replace five worn out vent pipe boots. Secure and seal flashing around chimney.

Category handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, chimney repair

05/10/2006

LINDA SUSAN C.

Very pleased. Mike & Russ were very professional & did an excellent job. We plan to use them for other jobs & highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Had the house cleaned & painted, & storm windows added.

Category replacement windows, pressure washing, house painters

02/22/2006

KEN & ANN R.

Very professional! Worked quickly and efficiently to move my laundry room from one room to another. When the work was complete, the new laundry room was ready to use - and I didn't have to clean before folding the clothes. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to do a small to medium remodel job. Work was completed on time and for the amount quoted in statement of work. The new laundry room turned out exactly as I had imagined.

Description of Work
Moved plumbing and electrical, installed new door to laundry room, replaced drywall, baseboards and mouldings.

Category remodeling, alterations

11/07/2005

DAVID W.

HE'S VERY THOROUGH AND DOES GREAT WORK. HE IS VERY PLEASANT, CLEANS UP EVERYTHING AND NEVER LEAVES A MESS, HE ALSO ENCOURAGES HIS CUSTOMERS TO CALL IF THERE ARE ANY PROBLEMS OR IF HE MISSED ANYTHING. HE IS A VERY FINE PERSON.

Description of Work
PAINTING AND WOOD ROT REPLACEMENT FOR GARAGE AND HOME.

09/26/2005

LINDA L.

I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS COMPANY! THEY PROVIDED ME WITH A DETAILED BILL OUTLINING HOW MUCH EACH ITEM WOULD COST ME. THEY SQUEEZED ME IN WITHIN A TIGHT TIME-FRAME. THEY ARRIVED ON TIME (ACTUALLY EARLY). WERE COURTEOUS, POLITE, AND PROFESSIONAL AT ALL TIMES. I ASKED THEM TO REPAIR A KITCHEN FAUCET AND THEY SUGGESTED THAT IT WOULD BE CHEAPER FOR ME TO PURCHASE A NEW FAUCET THAN TO REPAIR THE EXISTING ONE. I'VE EVEN ASKED THEM TO GIVE ME ESTIMATES FOR FUTURE PROJECTS ALREADY. I WHOLEHEARTEDLY RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY.

Description of Work
REPAIRED WOOD ROT DAMAGE OVER GARAGE DOOR FRAME, AS WELL AS SHEATHING -- REPLACING ADDITIONAL WOOD AS DEEMED NECESSARY. CLEANED GUTTERS. BRACED JOIST IN ATTIC. INSTALLED LOCK FOR PULL-DOWN ATTIC STAIRS IN GARAGE. REPLACED SIX MISSING SHINGLES AND REPAIRED NAIL POPS ON ABOUT A DOZEN SHINGLES. REPLACED 3 VENT BOOTS ON ROOF. REMOVED AND HAULED AWAY MBR SHOWER STALL, DISHWASHER, AND BUILT IN STOVE. PURCHASED AND INSTALLED EXHAUST FAN IN HALL BATH.

Category contractors, gutter cleaning, handyman service

08/24/2005

KAREN O.

MIKE AND HIS PARTNER RUSS WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL AND DETAILED. THEY ARRIVED ON SCHEDULE, COMPLETED THE WORK QUICKLY AND MADE SURE I WAS COMPLETELY SATISFIED BEFORE THEY LEFT. WAS SO PLEASED WITH WORK AM HAVING THEM COME BACK TO INSTALL A NEW FRONT DOOR AND CLEAN MY GUTTERS. WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM FOR ANYONE LOOKING FOR A GREAT HANDYMAN SERVICE.

Description of Work
HAD 2 CEILING FANS INSTALLED, HOUSE POWERWASHED, AND SHUTTERS PAINTED.

Category handyman service, pressure washing, house painters

07/08/2005

RAY S.

VERY PROFESSIONAL IN APPROACH AND WORKMANSHIP. COULD NOT HAVE ASKED FOR ANY BETTER.

Description of Work
REPLACED FRONT DOOR WITH CUSTOM MADE DOOR AND STORM DOOR. REPLACED 2 OLD SLIDING DOORS WITH FRENCH DOORS.

01/02/2005

WENDY-MARIE N.

RESPONSIVENESS WAS WONDERFUL -- AS WERE THE PRICES. WE HAD THEM OUT THERE ON 4 DIFFERENT OCCASIONS (HIRED FOR ONE JOB AND THEN WE WERE SO HAPPY KEPT HAVING THEM COME BACK FOR MORE JOBS). VERY PROFESSIONAL, CLEANED UP THE WORK AREA, RESPONDED WITHIN THE TIMEFRAME THEY PROMISED. WE WILL DEFINITELY USE THEM IF WE NEED ANYTHING TAKEN CARE OF IN OUR NEXT HOUSE.

Description of Work
GETTING HOUSE READY TO SELL -- REPLACING WEATHER STRIPPING ON BACK DOOR, FIXING STRIKE PLATE ON FRONT DOOR, REPLACING A WOOD STEP ON STOOP IN GARAGE, SWITCHING OUR SHOWER HEAD (WE SUPPLIED), FIXING CLOSET DOOR SO THAT IT WOULD CLOSE, AND FIXING STRIPPING AROUND GARAGE DOOR.

01/02/2005

WENDY-MARIE N.

ORIGINALLY I THOUGHT THE PRICE WAS TOO HIGH AND WAS GOING WITH ANOTHER COMPANY. THE OTHER COMPANY KEPT PUTTING US OFF AND AFTER 6 WEEKS I DECIDED TO GO AHEAD WITH MIKE JUST TO BE ABLE TO GET IT DONE -- PLUS HE HAD SEEN THE HOUSE AND KNEW THAT IT WASN'T JUST SPRAYING EVERYTHING DOWN, WE HAD SOME SPOTS THAT REALLY NEEDED TO BE CLEANED. MIKE AND HIS PARTNER WERE OUT HERE AND SCRUBBED THE HOUSE, THE BRICK, TRIM, ETC. AND CLEANED EVERYTHING. THE HOUSE LOOKS AMAZING! I WOULD ABSOLUTELY USE THEM AGAIN!

Description of Work
PRESSURE WASHED 2 STORY HOUSE AND HANDWASHED GUTTERS.

Category pressure washing